Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 590 591 592 ... 831 832 833
By ryukin182 2019-05-15 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked before asking here, but I cannot find the answer unless I misread something. I was told to hold my keys to open gobbie chest because of an increase of good items, but can't find when it started/will start.
By Sidiov 2019-05-15 14:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't save them. SP Key items do not change, only the daily special dial gets increased to key-like drops during most special dial campaigns.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-05-16 14:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the best way to farm Lycopodium Sash? Never done Moblin Maze Mongers and wiki was not very clear.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-16 14:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Anyone know the best way to farm Lycopodium Sash? Never done Moblin Maze Mongers and wiki was not very clear.

The old wiki (not BG) has some solid info in the 'guides' section. BG forums have a TON of useful information, but it's strewn across 200+ pages.

Basically voucher 7 can spawn a bunch of different NM's, dependent on what runes you set. A specific set-up should result in the NM that has the sash in the loot pool, you just have to figure out which one and set it up.

I've been getting all the vouchers and runes and dickin' around with them lately. the only useful information I can give you that the above resources can't is, with Ilvl119 gear the best set-up (that I've found) for marble farming is voucher 9. they were super tough NMs back in the day, but you can whoop em' solo now and get 250 marbles a run with 6 CC points.

that's all I can tell ya.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-16 14:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
I looked before asking here, but I cannot find the answer unless I misread something. I was told to hold my keys to open gobbie chest because of an increase of good items, but can't find when it started/will start.

you have an increased chance for equipment drop from the SP dial when the adoulin dial is present. so people aren't saying BETTER items, just a higher chance at equipment instead of a food item or a lizard skin. actually, your chances at a money drop (dyna D shards) would be lower during this campaign, but it all depends on what a guy is after.

Sidiov said: »
Don't save them. SP Key items do not change, only the daily special dial gets increased to key-like drops during most special dial campaigns.

edit***
this dude is 100% right and I'm an ***!
By clearlyamule 2019-05-16 14:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
ryukin182 said: »

you have an increased chance for equipment drop from the SP dial when the adoulin dial is present. so people aren't saying BETTER items, just a higher chance at equipment instead of a food item or a lizard skin. actually, your chances at a money drop (dyna D shards) would be lower during this campaign, but it all depends on what a guy is after.

Sidiov said: »

not real accurate.
You only have increased rates on the SP dial when there is a campaign that says so. Sometimes that comes with Adoulin dial. Sometimes it comes with other free spins. It will literally say in the campaign when it does or wont when it doesn't.

No idea where it is right now since it's been like a year since I looked it up but SE has themselves put out that keys already have the equipment rate up built in
[+]
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Server: Odin
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2019-05-16 14:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having a problem with the Monthly Objectives for this month, my HTBF objective is still telling me Return to Delkfutt's Tower, (even though I did it last month), and when I go to clear it, I get no credit.

I thought I read elsewhere that Avatar fights are supposed to be this month, so I went and cleared one of those, and still got no credit.

Anyone else have this problem?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-16 14:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ll link you the info I was going off of when I get back to the office, It’s possible I misunderstood.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-16 14:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Darkhelmet said: »
I'm having a problem with the Monthly Objectives for this month, my HTBF objective is still telling me Return to Delkfutt's Tower, (even though I did it last month), and when I go to clear it, I get no credit.

I thought I read elsewhere that Avatar fights are supposed to be this month, so I went and cleared one of those, and still got no credit.

Anyone else have this problem?
HTBF Ifrit
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 14:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If only that question had been answered 10 times already... hmmm
By clearlyamule 2019-05-16 15:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding dials/keys
Original jp to google translate if you want

Translation from Kincard on bg
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-16 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That part is the wrong thread, oops!
By clearlyamule 2019-05-16 15:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah searching old dev notes aint the easiest since dev tracker only goes back so far. Luckily jp side has a super long thread that's literally just directly asking the devs questions which has most non update/FP related stuff in it to look thru since they actually answer over there
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-16 17:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so basically I was right, but only on the dial pull, whereas the keys are ALWAYS under the 'enhanced chance for equipment'. that is good to know, thanks.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-16 17:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

edited my original post that I was wrong in.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2019-05-17 00:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Been away from the game along time. What job would you suggest focusing on?
(Quick details all jobs 90+ except Geo and Rune, RDM is currently most geared, would like to be able to gear myself in that sweet 119 gear solo as much as possible)
[+]
By soralin 2019-05-17 01:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

White mage is the easiest job to gear up to handle end game content.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 02:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH will get you pretty much where you need to be. If you want to solo stuff.

And while it's not the BEST strat you can setup sch skillchains for almost anything that you can't solo.

Or you can just be another GEO/BARD/RUN and get everything the boring way.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2019-05-17 02:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not for the boring way. Even though those are the 3 jobs I have the least previous experience with.
Smn seems fun not sure on the viability.
Beast seems like it always has solo but capable.
WHM seems to be lacking in the solo portion.
Sch might be a good option!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-05-17 02:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ZOLAN!!!1
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2019-05-17 03:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey hey what's up Endoq!? Been an awful long time.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-05-17 03:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A very long time!

I just lurk the forums these days lol...

how long have you been back? i think everyone from the LS went to ff14
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-05-17 09:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone try the new installer?
It's opening some window to an imaging drive prompt... then the install fails
 Leviathan.Jakson
Server: Leviathan
user: Jakson
By Leviathan.Jakson 2019-05-17 10:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Right so I've done 30-35 voidwatch fights for 5 crystal petrifacts, all with cells but no staggers. Does staggering help with that, or am I going to have to do 1000+ fights to unlock voidwatcher goodness 2?
By clearlyamule 2019-05-17 11:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes your percentages will certainly effect your drop count and rates. Did mine during campaign so didn't have to stagger and yeah a couple of times I got 5 from a single fight since they drop really well then
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-17 12:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SE would keep everyone in the dark about the potpouri update while the vw event was going on smh..
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 12:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude. I had 1000 petrifacts for YEARS on a mule.

And I still fully expect them to make you use them for emp+3
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-17 12:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

theyve been in my treasury drop list for ages ; ;
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Only takes 1 good muru run to get 36 honors. Douchegallu still casts death though. Totally ruined one run.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-17 12:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Im more interested in the einherjar goodies for valhalla set lockstyle but trading a eye patch for it ugh
First Page 2 3 ... 590 591 592 ... 831 832 833