Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 587 588 589 ... 831 832 833
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-15 12:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That just kinda happens sometimes. Every now and then original filters data will sneak through.

Unless you're seeing it all the time for some weird reason.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-15 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »

What filter or battlemod changes do I need to make to stop the double info in log?

I just noticed this happening too, I cant say for sure but I'm not sure it was doing it before this weekend
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-15 19:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That just kinda happens sometimes. Every now and then original filters data will sneak through.

Unless you're seeing it all the time for some weird reason.
Been happening all the time now.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-04-16 19:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For the 90-95 mythic trials, does it matter weather I kill the chariot in Salvage version 1 or 2?
 Asura.Clairxi
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2019-04-16 19:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It has to be version 1 in order to get the kill count
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-04-16 19:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lame, thanks though!
By fillerbunny9 2019-04-16 23:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know the average payout for Boxes/Cases of Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders? I imagine the average should be the same for all three, but I am building stock so when I finish Gastraphetes I can move immediately to i119-2
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-04-18 09:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Does TH work if you one-shot a mob while wearing TH gear? What about cleaving multiple(i.e. only 1 of them will be claimed and the others will stay yellow)? My understanding is that it's an hidden debuff on the mob so potentially you need to tag before the kill for it to take effect.

Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-18 09:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember the test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate, then I would say that as long as you:

1) Perform a direct action on a target while wearing TH gear
2) When the target dies, the system chooses you as appointee to receive the possible drops
3) The target didn't "reset" between when you perform the action and when the target dies

If these conditions are true then you should see the benefits of TH regardless of the name of the dying target being Red or not.
Kinda depends wether or not we want to trust SE, but I personally see no reason why they would go as far as releasing all that data performing that test only to trick us all.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-04-18 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If I remember the test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate, then I would say that as long as you:

1) Perform a direct action on a target while wearing TH gear
2) When the target dies, the system chooses you as appointee to receive the possible drops
3) The target didn't "reset" between when you perform the action and when the target dies

If these conditions are true then you should see the benefits of TH regardless of the name of the dying target being Red or not.
Kinda depends wether or not we want to trust SE, but I personally see no reason why they would go as far as releasing all that data performing that test only to trick us all.
Ok, thanks for the feedback, I was worried that one-shotting mobs in Omen with TH gear equipped could not apply TH and reduce my astrals income but if SE said that any direct action applies it, I should be fine.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-18 12:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate
Is there a different SE than Square Enix? Why would they need to 'test' anything? They can check the code on it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-18 17:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate
Is there a different SE than Square Enix? Why would they need to 'test' anything? They can check the code on it.
And you're asking me? D:
Granted we don't know how much "testing" stuff they have on their side and the people working ont he game now aren't probably the people who developed it, and I assume the code isn't commented particularly well :P

Regardless, as far as I remember they conducted that test because people (JP players too) didn't believe the info on the JP official guides, and SE performed that test with large numbers to show that yes, TH really does have an impact on drop rates blahblah.
I don't remember the details, was posted on the official forums if I recall, like, I dunno, 5+ years ago?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-18 17:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
but if SE said that any direct action applies it, I should be fine.
Yes but I was going on what I remember, I'm not 100% sure the info I gave you is correct. I think it is but... you should verify it by searching for the original post on the official forums, if you're really that interested.
By Taint 2019-04-18 18:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
does anyone know the average payout for Boxes/Cases of Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders? I imagine the average should be the same for all three, but I am building stock so when I finish Gastraphetes I can move immediately to i119-2

9. 99 cases is consistently in the 850-950 range.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-18 23:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway to set up Lua to change lockstyle when i change weapons?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-23 14:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens if you start trading in Job points to Oboro and then get Wave 3 clear?
By trinironnie 2019-04-23 19:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually Trio box but at times one character will d/c. Any reason for that?
By Undula 2019-04-24 07:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens if you start trading in Job points to Oboro and then get Wave 3 clear?

I'd like to know that, too.
By tyalangan 2019-04-24 08:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m afraid the answer is:

We are masochists yet the most experienced of Apex killers.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-04-24 14:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Undula said: »

Nothing? You get the clear and cant add points to it anymore. No like refund or transfer if that is what you were expecting.
By Taint 2019-04-24 15:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They are wasted.
By botches 2019-04-24 16:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the best for nuking as a BLM :
1/ /NIN and 2 clubs
2/ /RDM and staff + grip

club : int+10 macc+35 mab+18 md+232
staff : int+15 macc+35 mab+23 md+241
grip : macc+25

is 2 clubs equal to : int+10*2 macc+35*2 mab+18*2 md+232*2 ?

as a more general question : are offhand weapon stats applied to my character ?
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-24 16:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
Undula said: »

Nothing? You get the clear and cant add points to it anymore. No like refund or transfer if that is what you were expecting.
Thank you, I was more worried if I started adding job points and then got cleared, I would still have to finish JPs before starting another weapon type clear.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-24 19:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

They are wasted.

related question: I haven't AG'ed a weapon since the release of Dyna-D. I have all 4 of my zone wins to RP RMEA weapons, and have been "spreading the wealth" across my various weapons. Well, the time has come to afterglow a new weapon. Will trading something to Oboro to afterglow prevent me from tossing swart crystals at currently afterglowed weapons until all the plutons/beitetsus/boulders are traded?
By Rikimarueye 2019-04-25 01:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not very mathy :<

Does anyone know how to calculate how many hits it will take to get to 1kTP on a master DNC with 206 sTP + 28 DA + 4 TA + 2 QA?

Setan Kober main hands and twashtar offhand?

Please and thank you!

Edit: stp is 206. Messed up adding it all Q_Q
By eliroo 2019-04-25 09:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rikimarueye said: »
I am not very mathy :<

Does anyone know how to calculate how many hits it will take to get to 1kTP on a master DNC with 206 sTP + 28 DA + 4 TA + 2 QA?

Setan Kober main hands and twashtar offhand?

Please and thank you!

Edit: stp is 206. Messed up adding it all Q_Q

Idk what path your setan is but:

TP Per second - 352.5683375
Hits till 1000 TP- 6.535947712
Average Rounds till 1000 TP - 2.331229781

Is what I came up. You can verify my calculator by whacking a mob with that build. Calc says you should be getting 153 TP a swing
[+]
 Leviathan.Jakson
user: Jakson
By Leviathan.Jakson 2019-04-25 12:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this Auto-Charge Potpurri thing mean what I hope it means?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-25 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jakson said: »
Does this Auto-Charge Potpurri thing mean what I hope it means?
It would appear so. Pretty neat, considering how many people sit at capped merits wasting them.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-25 13:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank *** god. It's about time they made that ***happen.

Literally couldn't pay someone to make a damn lua to do it. at least they finally caught on to how stupid the idea was.

But wait! "to unlock this feature, you have to first charge potpourri with 10,000 merits then finish all the master trials. clear all 4 zones of dienamis-D. and trade 200,000 hallmarks, from one month, not cumulative. obtain Trust-Ygnas. and have at least one Aeonic weapon"
First Page 2 3 ... 587 588 589 ... 831 832 833