Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 584 585 586 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2019-03-28 05:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is this table on the RDM Forum for Levi solo advice:

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Code
       |  Melee  |  Ranged  |  Magic  |  Add Eff  |
----------------------------------------------------
Titan  |   Pet   |   WS     |  Abi    |    Mag    |
Levi   |   Mag   |   Pet    |  Abi    |    WS     |
Shiva  |   Mag   |   Pet    |  Abi    |    WS     |
Ifrit  |   Abi   |   WS     |  Pet    |    Mag    |
Ramuh  |   Mag   |   Abi    |  WS     |    Pet    |
Garuda |   Pet   |   Mag    |  WS     |    Abi    |
Carb   |   Pet   |   WS     |  Abi    |    Mag    |
Fenrir |   Mag   |   Abi    |  Pet    |    WS     |
Diab   |   Abi   |   Pet    |  WS     |    Mag    |

Had to compile it from the individual pages, hopefully it's readable, hehe.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49784/looking-for-leviathan-vd-solo-advice/2/#3247245
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-28 06:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Details for strirking the weakness are on every Avatar Prime page https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Leviathan_Prime

Leviathan is probably the easiest. that's why so many ppl spam it and you can't enter it :P

You probably never did Garuda and Carbuncle, because both require pet ability to lower their PDT.

I have never tried solo on D or VD. I only spammed VD Levi trioboxing cor/blu/brd.

To avoid trusts dying, you need to trigger the weakness right at the pull, because it will start with TP move just after aggro and your trusts has no Shell or bar up yet.

My video from VD Levi is here. Maybe you can notice something useful for solo there.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 06:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys.
I forgot I also have RDM, that's a thing I could use, granted from this list I assume I would have to go /DNC to be able to dualwield and proc magic with a step?

Something I still don't get though: you are talking about removing the avatar's "resistance" to a certain form of damage (Melee, Ranged, Magical) or their Enspell damage.

How would doing this reduce the damage from their AoE spells/JAs that wipe my trusts?

...or maybe you meant proccing as a form of "stun" to block the JA/Spell before it gets completed? But I don't think that applies to Astral Flow, which resets the proc and gets used regardless.
I must be missing something here! xD

Astral Flow Blood Pact is used at fixed HP%, correct? 100/75/50/25/10 ?
By SimonSes 2019-03-28 06:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was talking as the form of "stun".
I suggest keep doing it as BRD/dnc but instead of second carol, sing scherzo.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 06:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the days, when our gear was super ***compared to today, I was doing Avatars in easy mode abusing Scherzo (and Earthen Armor!)
We were applying Scherzo but NOT applying Shell. That made the fights super easy and we didn't know ***about the procs which, at the time, seemed completely random to use and we didn't know what each proc produced :D

...but we were a group.
With trusts the only one using AoE cures reliably is Apururu and she uses Shellra V alas.

Anyway, lots of useful food for thought, thanks guys!
By Jetackuu 2019-03-28 07:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just go in and tank with my one alt, roll with the other and kick it's *** with Ramuh. I like cheese.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-03-28 08:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is there any other D or VD BC that can be soloed easier? I seem to recall Avatar ones were the easiest in that regard.

I don't tend to solo, since I have alts, and personal pool stuff adds up. If I've done them with just trusts, it's probably because I forgot to party back up after muling or something.

That said, other than proc'ed avatars, Tenzen also tends to be very doable for BLU in particular. The Taru up top can be largely locked down with Silent Storm on any difficulty, and slept at least through D (VD seems to take JA assistance, but maybe gear/food is enough now). 'course, NiTro Lullaby is probably the best thing here, so BRD/NIN may have a fine time on this too.

Keep in mind that they won't take any direct damage from nukes, so reapplying Silent Storm won't wake 'em up/etc. They are able to be DoT'ed though.

Tenzen himself is not hard if you can keep shadows up. His SPs mostly just slow the fight down - don't bother WS'ing during Yaegasumi, and when he does his other SP, just move out of range as he won't move while it's active (you'll be hitting for 0 anyway).

It'd likely come down to your overall speed for this, since the longer it takes you to DD him down, the greater likelihood of the Taru waking up or becoming unsilenced to complicate things.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 09:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If I go on BRD I can keep them sleeping for over 7 mins lulz, so that's no problem.

I seem to recall I had issues surviving. I did Tenzen on BRD/NIN a long time ago on (D) and while I succeded occasionally, many other times I was eventually getting caught without shadows and killed.
Was kinda a gamble.

But good suggestion, I could re-try doing it now that I have much better gear compared to back then.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-03-28 09:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Astral Flow Blood Pact is used at fixed HP%, correct? 100/75/50/25/10 ?
They are not, they work in a similar way as dynamis mob SP, i.e. the lower their HP gets the more likely they are to use their AF pact but they often don't even use it if you can kill fast enough (happened a few times solo on my BLU so I'm sure with pocket GEO/COR it happens more often due to faster kills). I wouldn't really worry about their AF BP tho as they are usually weaker than their regular ones. For instance Tidal Wave is a joke with DT gear while Grand Fall is kinda OP and it's better to run away unless you have a lot of water resist - read RUN)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-28 09:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As I mentioned earlier, yesterday Grand Fall hit me for ~1600 on my BRD with 2x Water Carol (song+9), Shell5 and ~15% DT lulz.

On RUN it's easy to do these fights on D, but given my gear it's just a matter of them taking too long, depending on how further in the fight the trusts finally decide to die.

The idea SimonSes gave me about using no Shell V and Scherzo though is cool, I think I'm gonna try it and see how it works. At that point the problem might become not having a form of AoE healing but it's worth trying.
By Shichishito 2019-03-28 09:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not sure if shell, carol/water resistence, magic defense bonus and all that jazz help any vs grand fall, i think its considered a breath attack.

the only thing that realy helps is -dt or -bdt, so barrier tusk should help too. scherzo probably also helps but ulmia only uses it after spike damage that dropps you to orange or red HP in one hit.

with capped -dt (or -bdt), barrier tusk and hp above 2000 grand fall should usually not oneshot you. i rarely still get one shot but its only when trusts don't bother cap healing HP and/or i'm not paying attention and spam WS so he catches me mid WS gear swap. yoran with its stoneskin overheal or BLUs magic barrier will add a extra layer of security, occultation helps a lot too as grand fall doesn't whipe shadows (but goes thru them).

on BLU i also use mighty guard and saline coat but only to protect vs leviathans tidal wave and for the most part its water spell as they can still be lethal if you don't prepare.

also from spamming leviathan a lot i'm pretty sure the tidal wave blood pact is a timed attack he uses in set intervals. grand fall (the breath attack that usually does more damage) is pretty much random and he can spam it if you get unlucky.

imho the most dangerous part soloing leviathan is right after engaging as truts will be busy buffing and while they do so they don't give a damn about healing, so make sure to pay attention and make good use of the 3 staggers, that should buy enough time for the trusts to be finished with buffing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-28 11:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In my video I only get hit for 994 with Grand Fall and that's VD. I wonder if that's Scherzo proc or not. Also Sechs I wasnt saying to not use Shell with Scherzo. Use Shell and everything else. If you can lower damage below Scherzo threshold then Scherzo will be just extra layer of safety.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-28 12:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder which job can make viable SOLO farming of VD Battlefields?

BLU can probably clear the most -- Ifrit, Leviathan, Tenzen, Omega/Ultima, Dawn, Shadow Lord, etc.

I've seen a lot of solo DRKs vs Ifrit on my server.

PUP can solo some VD pretty easily (like engage pet, afk), I hear.
[+]
By benitez 2019-03-28 14:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So they posted the list of campaigns for next month, and looks like the news feed has an error in it. reading the headline on front of FFXIAH - it would indicate Dynamis Divergence - Statue Crushed campaign was incoming. If you follow the link to the actual article on SE's page, it turns out to be Dynamis - Granuals of Time - Is there a way to get the RSS feed updated to correct this?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-29 05:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
In my video I only get hit for 994 with Grand Fall and that's VD. I wonder if that's Scherzo proc or not. Also Sechs I wasnt saying to not use Shell with Scherzo. Use Shell and everything else. If you can lower damage below Scherzo threshold then Scherzo will be just extra layer of safety.

Yeah, the confusion here is, sometimes it's worth not using DT or shell if the incoming AoE damage is very predictably high, you can use Scherzo and Earthen Armor in conjunction to flatline it. A decent example would be wave 2 Bosses in Dyna D, just put those on and ignore all the Wilt/Barrier/Bio BS, you won't need to bother.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-29 05:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactely the strategy we were using back then with my friends, was making VD easier than D because of the higher damage threshold.
The trick was to have EA+Scherzo and avoid Shell on purpose to make so you would get hit by the magical damage fully, hence activating Scherzo and EA and making the damage received almost negligible.

For the same reason we were also avoiding stuff like Vex, Attunement, Fend, Fade and so on.
Worked like a charm!
Granted some PUG DDs were still occasionally dying because of single target physical damage and because they failed with Shadows, but back then we were completely oblivious to the proc system.
With full knowledge of it then everything would've been even more of a joke.

Still, we were a party back then, can't do that solo and I'm not sure Scherzo alone w/o Earthen Armor would be enough to make such an approach efficient.
By tyalangan 2019-03-29 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It pains me to ask this but:

How do I sell stacks as singles without putting 1 of the 12 in moghouse? There has to be a way to break it down once in AH menu, right?
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-03-29 10:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is, it would be news to me.

Though if you want me to be pedantic, you can turn of auto-sorting/unload the addon, and manually remove one from the stack in your inventory.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-29 10:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

How do I sell stacks as singles without putting 1 of the 12 in moghouse? There has to be a way to break it down once in AH menu, right?

There isn't. But you don't have to run to the mog house either. You can just mail one to your inbox while you're still at the auction house. The auction house may not allow you to break up a stack, but the delivery NPC does.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
Server: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-03-29 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You can open your inventory and manually sort the stack. I forget the exact sequence of option selection, but this can break the stack into multiple inventory spots.
By Nariont 2019-03-29 11:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Inventory > manual sort > select item twice, it will take a single out and put it in invent
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-29 11:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

or put one into sack/satchel/case, since plugins and autosort will restack it on you
By geigei 2019-03-29 13:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to not auto-target pets?
By Jetackuu 2019-03-29 13:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

can put /ignorepet on just not sure if it works for what ya want.
By geigei 2019-03-29 13:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
can put /ignorepet on just not sure if it works for what ya want.
Tried that, works sometime, not 100%.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-29 14:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

/ignorepet absolutely works 100% of the time for player pets. If you're referring to beastmen's pets like the ones that get summoned inside dynamis then no, you cannot disable targeting them. The /ignorepet only works for friendly characters, and beastmen's pets are hostile so they're always a valid target for you to attack.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-29 15:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

you can disable auto-target
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-29 18:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
geigei said: »

you can disable auto-target

It's quite a bit of dps decrease in dyna if entire auto target is off because of horrible engage/switch target lag.

I assume this question is asked because OP wants to keep auto target on in dyna but doesn't want to kill pets.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 584 585 586 ... 834 835 836