Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 544 545 546 ... 831 832 833
By Staleyx 2018-05-13 04:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No you can not. The game allows that just for lockstyle sets.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-13 11:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
That sucks. Wardrobes and Inventory only then?

If you want gear active in your gearsets (not just /lockstyle, but actual usage) it must be in your Inventory or Wardrobes. Everything else is just cosmetic and storage.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-05-13 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there, I'm looking for some tech help and suggestions for when the free period hits, due to having hardware issues the last time I played XI. I ended up getting a laptop upgrade that caused XI to run miserably, to the point that it was tanking frames down to the low teens and content like Omen was causing me to have about 5 second delays on targeting and even chat. Even unlocking the FPS in Windower barely gave me PS2 performance, meaning lower 20s in Jeuno and still the lower teens for actual comtent that matters these days.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/NH.Q28AA.001

Above is the laptop model I bought, and I was told on another site that the issue lies in the fact that the CPU is 2.8 ghz until it uses the turbo mode to shoot up to 3.8 ghz speed, but XI seems to just register the default speed due to not being coded to take advantage of the turbo feature. The laptop also has a 1060 in it for the GPU, which I figured is overkill these days, but I was told that XI is more CPU intensive these days than GPU, so I'm not sure what to do. Are there any kind of options to explore for this system, in order to have a better XI experience?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-13 16:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the likely issue isn't the CPU at all, but rather the GPU. The typical problem on a system like that will be that it'll try to only use the discrete GPU when it needs to, otherwise using the integrated graphics for better thermals and battery life. FFXI all on its own doesn't tend to be seen as something it needs to do that for, so you tend to get it running on Intel graphics and - solid as they can be for many older games - FFXI runs terribly on them.

What I'd suggest looking at is the thread on dgVoodoo, which, if nothing else, can make FFXI be seen as something worth kicking on the discrete GPU for. I think Ashita has a plugin with similar, albeit more focused functionality.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-14 07:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

so, RQT... just did some real fast testing... accidentally...

Qultada gets the job bonus for his rolls, occassionally ?

IE; his chaos roll might* gets the darknight bonus from relic hat?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-05-15 18:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you kill Kist with GEO+COR? Does it require Idris and Death Penalty?

Think you want an SCH also to open for 3-step darkness then bursting a helix ontop of that. 3 characters same hp as 2, after that it increases proportionally

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-05-16 11:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to reactivated Wardrobe 3/4 on a character that's only active because of free login? Only getting prompt for the full sub cost.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-16 11:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god... you brought Pet back? /disgusted
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-05-16 11:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you kill Kist with GEO+COR? Does it require Idris and Death Penalty?

No but does require decent gear for cor. Cor can 3 step darkness and geo proc off zombie by nuking element strong against element kist is casting. Most likely want to run vex/attunement to reduce stun duration and protect trusts. Geo can sub whm to remove poison, which is the only threat in fight really.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2018-05-16 12:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Is there any way to reactivated Wardrobe 3/4 on a character that's only active because of free login? Only getting prompt for the full sub cost.

You have to resub to regain access with 1 character and the full price for the inventories.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-17 10:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the highest known value for Fast Cast via Dark Matter on armor?

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-17 11:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Where and which job is needed to farm the most fire crystal/ fire cluster? Hands down most efficient?
Thf/sch with th8 nuking fire elemental in sky in mab gear

Don't even need to /sch. Repops are slow enough and pops few enough that just meleeing them down keeps you on the timers. Plus can melee for extra th procs. I've had 3 clusters from 1 ele quite often.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-05-17 13:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
What's the highest known value for Fast Cast via Dark Matter on armor?

so far anyways
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-05-18 22:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a way to control multiple chars through the menu at once that's easy to toggle with Ashita?

Looking to do a couple mules through missions and would like to get through menus in CS's and trades all at once vs several times, but still be able to type addon commands to just one char when needed. Thanks!
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-05-20 13:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just realised the raising earring from the tutorial quests are a thing. Is it impossible to get this if you're an old player? Would be useful to have infinite reraise

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kazaki
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-05-20 14:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Kazaki said: »
Just realised the raising earring from the tutorial quests are a thing. Is it impossible to get this if you're an old player? Would be useful to have infinite reraise
It’s not infinite.

Oh I misread it, thanks for clarifying. I no longer care about getting it lol

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-05-21 09:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Any Armageddon CORs/RNGs willing to share their experience with it? Have about 50% of the HMP on a mule and considering making one.
By Afania 2018-05-21 10:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Any Armageddon CORs/RNGs willing to share their experience with it? Have about 50% of the HMP on a mule and considering making one.

For cor: Best wildfire gun, sidegrade shooting gun with last stand.
Best macc and racc bullet.

It has the potential to beat Fomalhaut for shooting but several condition must be fulfilled:

1) you need bullet from Fomalhaut

2) you have appropriate AM up/down tp set. Sets are posted in the guide.

3) You have triple shot up as often as possible to get the most out of AM3 white dmg and minimize AM3 upkeep time. You certainly don't want to shoot your way to 3000 tp without TS.

With TS up though, extra hits from triple shot/quad shot really really benefits AM3.

4) NM takes minimal SC damage.

5) ideally it also has some sort of Amnesia move.

Note that while Fomalhaut may seem interior to Arma on parse when 1-3 conditions are fulfilled, the sc damage from Fomalhaut often pushes it equal or ahead of Arma since it's easily 1/5 of its total dmg or more. Arma is only really really awesome when at least 1-4 of above conditions are met.

Fomalhaut also has the advantage of being fool proof and easy to manage, Armageddon needs more management and skill to get the most out of it.

It has best racc and macc bullet though, I use the racc bullet quite a bit, and it's nice in situations that I'm getting melee buff but need to switch to ranged mode. In that case I'd need quite a bit of racc.

Tl;Dr: Get it if you are a hardcore cor and aim to have every tools available to perform at max potential. If not for the situations that you need it at least for the bullet. But it's the lowest priority out of cor big 4 gun. TP bonus, Fomalhaut, DP absolutely should be higher priority.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-21 12:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Chiming in on the Ranger aspect of Armageddon-

I absolutely love using this weapon on RNG. In mixed setups where you can't rely on skillchains happening because of too many weaponskills going off, its capable of destroying a Foma RNG (again, see Afania's points above for conditions necessary, ie using Chrono Bullets, starting from 3k TP, a proper aftermath set). However, if I'm in a purely ranged setup with either another RNG or COR using a Fomalhaut, its foolish NOT to use Fomalhaut for the skillchain damage (and please, don't get AM3, get AM2 or less and get constant lights versus one Radiance, followed by a non-skillchain result to get AM back up).

The +50 AGI on Arma is also great to help "close the gap" on pure Last Stand damage versus Foma and its +500 TP. I'd suggest at least 3 merits into Last Stand if you're an Arma user to increase the AGI modifier, and of course 5/5 is ideal...but we all must make choices.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-05-21 13:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for the input, much appreciated.

@Afania totally understand your gun-priority-logic, and you are right. I don't know that I have it in me to get all 4 so Arma seemed like a good all-around option (all the positives listed here + solid for all 3 of WF/LS/LS, correct me if I am wrong). The fact that DP is unusable in certain situations gives me great pause for the time investment needed to get it, although I am aware that for the situations it is good it is damn good.
First Page 2 3 ... 544 545 546 ... 831 832 833