Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 539 540 541 ... 839 840 841
By Nyarlko 2018-05-07 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone happen to know how to turn off the software keyboard in POL?
By zaxtiss 2018-05-07 16:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

should be under config misc 4

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-05-07 17:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I was told you can do Kei with SMNs and not BLMs. How does that work?

Magic burst with Ramuh. Brixy has a video of it:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2018-05-07 17:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

but why do it with smns lol, arent ppl tired of this yet!
By Nyarlko 2018-05-07 17:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
should be under config misc 4

I meant for POL not FFXI. The software keyboard turned itself on for password entry, but is blocking non-letter/non-number characters so I can't enter my password to login to the game. ><;;

Did figure out what I was forgetting, so got it fixed. \o/
T'was the whole POL/SE account thing. Can't enter your SE password until after the POL account password is saved...

For those curious, here's what I was seeing and getting infuriated by:
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-07 17:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That Kei was painfully slow. I did melee Kei with THF as main DD in the first days of Omen as quickly as they did SMN bursting, lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-07 18:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried SMN kei once because I needed SMN cards and Shamash is most interesting bodypiece. Got bored 10 minutes in and warped, the damage is painfully slow. Would not recommend, literally any other setup will be faster.

Post deleted by User.
By Rinuko 2018-05-08 05:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of difficulty/time which sword would you do?

- Almace
- Tizona
- Sequence
By tyalangan 2018-05-08 06:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rinuko said: »
In terms of difficulty/time which sword would you do?

- Almace
- Tizona
- Sequence

It depends on your accessibility to a clear group. If you have 150Mil+ or a good SMN group who can clear all content then Sequence could be gained in a weekend. So, Sequence

The other two are just a grind. No true difficulty.

You didn’t ask this but unless you are soloing lots of time consuming or MP starving battles (Omen bosses, VD HTMB, T4, etc.) Tizona wont be giving the damage potential of the other two.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-05-08 11:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Tried SMN kei once because I needed SMN cards and Shamash is most interesting bodypiece. Got bored 10 minutes in and warped, the damage is painfully slow. Would not recommend, literally any other setup will be faster.

I have done kei with a party of 6. A DRK tanking him. 1 healer, 1 SCH for SC's. 1 GEO (non idris 900skill) for bubbles and t1's to remove regen. 1 SMN and 1 BLM only for the damage. He died rather quickly using lightning damage as the SMN was able to put out plenty of damage and especially when he hit benediction and we had sch use tabula and SMN AC. SMN absolutely ripped kei apart. So SMN works just fine for Kei if geared for it.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 11:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
lightning damage as the SMN

Looks like he used Shiva to me
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-08 12:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
I have done kei with a party of 6. A DRK tanking him. 1 healer, 1 SCH for SC's. 1 GEO (non idris 900skill) for bubbles and t1's to remove regen. 1 SMN and 1 BLM only for the damage. He died rather quickly using lightning damage as the SMN was able to put out plenty of damage and especially when he hit benediction and we had sch use tabula and SMN AC. SMN absolutely ripped kei apart.

SCH GEO BLM DRK WHM can already do it in 5-10 min.

SCH GEO BLM BLM RUN can do it in 3.

You can make it work with 1hrs and amazing gear, but it's still terrible.

Quote:
So SMN works just fine for Kei if geared for it.
I have BiS everything. It is still slow.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-08 14:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm? SMN works perfectly fine on Kei just like on Kirin and Zerde manaburn. Not sure what people are doing wrong but I can hit 99k Thunderstorm almost constantly on Kei. It's also possible to hit 99k + 99k light with Flaming Crush but not as easily.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 14:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything works perfectly fine. level of efficiency is the disconnect.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-08 14:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I question you hitting 99,999 as most of my thunderstorms are around 40k(puppet+idris malaise+thunderstorm2, not sure if storm helps or not). Maybe with bolster, gambit, astral flow, astral conduit, and rayke all active..?

I am using this set:
ItemSet 346308
all path A of course, except I have apogee hands+1 path A instead of merlinic because I am lazy.

Brixy's video doesn't top 35k, on thundersday, with thunderstorm + puppet's roll + malaise.

Even if I am missing something and 99,999 is doable, it's certainly not doable without excessive buffs. BLM just needs a RUN (doubles as tank), a GEO, and a SCH to hit 99,999 and can do it quickly with or without 1hrs. They can also double burst without apogee or 1hr.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 15:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's papasse he uses literally every single thing available to boost his damage to carry his shell.

Add up every single possible thing, he's using it.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-08 15:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget QD

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-08 16:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Care to make a video for us?
Not worth showing all my characters to every salty hater here to satisfy dumbass troll. Can post a text log with names replaced if you like. Not really anything special to look at in either format, SCH tabulas skillchains and BLMs double thunder burst. GEO does focus/malaise. It dies. Would think anyone who's actually tried it can verify how much damage can be dealt that way, it's not exactly a difficult fight.
By Staleyx 2018-05-08 17:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

VOIDH
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-08 17:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I question you hitting 99,999 as most of my thunderstorms are around 40k(puppet+idris malaise+thunderstorm2, not sure if storm helps or not). Maybe with bolster, gambit, astral flow, astral conduit, and rayke all active..?

I am using this set:
ItemSet 346308
all path A of course, except I have apogee hands+1 path A instead of merlinic because I am lazy.

Brixy's video doesn't top 35k, on thundersday, with thunderstorm + puppet's roll + malaise.

Even if I am missing something and 99,999 is doable, it's certainly not doable without excessive buffs. BLM just needs a RUN (doubles as tank), a GEO, and a SCH to hit 99,999 and can do it quickly with or without 1hrs. They can also double burst without apogee or 1hr.
I just did a Kei run not long ago with RUN, WHM, Idris GEO, COR, BRD BLM, SMN. Rolls were Puppet+Companion.
Malaise, no G/R: 70k~, 87k~ with Thunder Shot, 99k with G or R (we don't use both)
BoG/EA Malaise, no G/R: 99k

Your gear sounds good to me although I use the relic hands during MB, these 40k~ looks like half resists or it could be the cumulative resistance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-08 17:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
VOIDH
I don't really care if you believe me. It's not an outlandish claim and you questioning it makes it clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Your gear sounds good to me although I use the relic hands during MB, these 40k~ looks like half resists or it could be the cumulative resistance.
Strange to not see a single full stick in over a dozen bursts, but I did not have a BRD for threnody and I did not use languor. BLM doesn't need those or a COR though.. so significantly more buffs for worse result.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-05-08 18:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What polearm is this? Where's it come from?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-08 18:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Strange to not see a single full stick in over a dozen bursts, but I did not have a BRD for threnody and I did not use languor. BLM doesn't need those or a COR though.. so significantly more buffs for worse result.
Except I don't need Threnody, Languor or SPs to avoid resists on Kei but it's okay, you seem to have a bad opinion of SMN in manaburn strats in general (like Zerde), I won't try to change your mind.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-08 18:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Except I don't need Threnody, Languor or SPs to avoid resists on Kei but it's okay, you seem to have a bad opinion of SMN in manaburn strats in general (like Zerde), I won't try to change your mind.

I'm just not understanding where the difference comes from. I used most of the same buffs as you listed, and got much less damage. You claim you don't need Threnody, Languor, or SPs.. but where's the difference in m.acc coming from? I'm assuming we have the same set besides hands, and I had same buffs minus those things. Given there's no inherent m.acc on Merlinic, and Apogee have 38, I actually have more magic accuracy unless you have an insane DM augment.

I obviously have job master, 5/5 thunderstorm. I may not have changed my merits over to magic for just that fight, I don't remember. However, my results were certainly not consistant 70k+, logger doesn't have a pact over 40k. If those buffs aren't needed, why is your damage over double mine?

Brixy was not able to hit 99,999 with g/r, bolster, and 3000 pet tp in the (25 minute..) video above. Most of them were 30kish. I'm sure he didn't have perfect gear given it was feb 2017, but I'm also pretty confident he was gearing correctly with what he had. Results from the other person who tried on this page weren't great either. Just because you can make it work with an entire group working effectively around it doesn't mean it's viable or practical for most people. I already acknowledged I was completely wrong about Flaming Crush on Zerde.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-08 18:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor said: »
What polearm is this? Where's it come from?
That's a reskinned Sarissa. That color scheme isn't something natively in the game. No idea where you could find the mod.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 18:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's on his screen though, how could someone elses weapon be modded
First Page 2 3 ... 539 540 541 ... 839 840 841