Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 502 503 504 ... 831 832 833
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-09-23 18:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Heyo fellow crafters, here are some questions about crafting since it's been forever since i crafted and wanna come back at it:

- Can orvail ring be sent to a mule in the same account? and the crafting torques?

I wanna make a mule within my account and would like to know if these 2 items can be sent across accounts like rare/ex items, it would be a godsend if its able.

- What's the maximum crafting level that can be achieved right now in the game?

Im 110 cloth with the 2 items of +1 and the torque, also have the stall and starting the shield but nothing on the shield yet, the way i see it its 110 + 2 (gp items) +2 from torque +5 from stall +2 from the shield stage 3 and +3 from adv. support = 124 max right? or getting the other +1 items like gilt tapestry, wheel and sign will add another +3 for a total of 127? im a bit lost on this last part, we used to combine 2 of these last items for the moghancement but since we can get megamogli for +5 with the stall, are these items relevant anymore?

Well that's it, hope anyone can clarify this.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-09-23 19:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
What is better for Insurgency? Multi-attack or WSdmg? I assume multi-attack, but someone else thinks WSdmg. Thanks for any feedback.

It looks like WSD would be best from the properties of the WS. I'm not DRK though so I would ask fellow DRKs!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-23 19:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on how much TP you have, similar to Upheaval.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-23 20:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
It depends on how much TP you have, similar to Upheaval.

At 2000-3000?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-23 20:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I would probably start using WSD at about 2k and multi-attack before then.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-09-24 03:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Heyo fellow crafters, here are some questions about crafting since it's been forever since i crafted and wanna come back at it:

- Can orvail ring be sent to a mule in the same account? and the crafting torques?

I wanna make a mule within my account and would like to know if these 2 items can be sent across accounts like rare/ex items, it would be a godsend if its able.

- What's the maximum crafting level that can be achieved right now in the game?

Im 110 cloth with the 2 items of +1 and the torque, also have the stall and starting the shield but nothing on the shield yet, the way i see it its 110 + 2 (gp items) +2 from torque +5 from stall +2 from the shield stage 3 and +3 from adv. support = 124 max right? or getting the other +1 items like gilt tapestry, wheel and sign will add another +3 for a total of 127? im a bit lost on this last part, we used to combine 2 of these last items for the moghancement but since we can get megamogli for +5 with the stall, are these items relevant anymore?

Well that's it, hope anyone can clarify this.
Yeah there is no way they'd let you send mission rings otherwise everyone would get them all lol.

Yes on torques

110 from regular skill, 2 from torque, 2 from gp items, 3 from HQ support, 5 from megamoglification. Then 2 or 3 from shield for estruchreon stages or if you got lucky and won the bonaza. Also cooking can get more with the nin only knife. You can only have 1 moghancement at a time
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-09-24 12:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

if i set my pet to "enjoying the momment" will i still be able to get its memento, even tho it wont evolve.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-09-26 10:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
if i set my pet to "enjoying the momment" will i still be able to get its memento, even tho it wont evolve.
Yes you can still get the memento.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-26 11:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to change the dates on the auction house sales history page to be month/day/year instead of day/month/year?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-26 11:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If you could only level and gear one or the other; SCH or BLM, which would be the easiest to gear and the most useful and/or get the most invites for stuff?
Also I have seen people saying here and there about SCH soloing lots of NMs with helix or something - what is the strat for this and what NMs can be done this way?

sch
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-26 13:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If you could only level and gear one or the other; SCH or BLM, which would be the easiest to gear and the most useful and/or get the most invites for stuff?
SCH starts becoming "interesting" for invites at a point that requires much less gear than BLM.

Basically as soon as you have 550JP gift and basic stuff, you're already at the minimum required to join a Mageburn setup pt (do people still use mageburn these days for NMs?).

At that point you'd be only a SC machine with very little utility, but it would be just a start, from that point onward you could build solid Helix/Nuking sets, healing sets, enha duration sets and start becoming a much more useful job as a nuker, SCopener, healer and buffer.

A "perfect" SCH probably requires more gear than a BLM, but BLM requires much more gear to begin becoming interesting enough for other people to invite you.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-09-26 13:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It used to be harder getting BLM up to an average level, since it required decent Merlinic augs as a baseline. These days, you can just grab the NQ Ea set from AH and be able to perform better than average.

SCH not only requires a lot more gear (it's basically like gearing WHM, RDM and BLM together), it's also a much more demanding job skill-wise.

Soloing things on SCH is just about making SC and MB'ing. Most efficient way is to call Iroha II and open Fusion/Fragmentation/Reverberation for her. I only resort to Helix II cheese on something like Golden Kist. Otherwise, you can tier 5/4 things down pretty easily. Of course, if to NM is resistant to all magic, then you shouldn't solo it on SCH.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-28 14:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure where the most proper place would be to post this information, but I noticed that a "bug" that has been in the game for a while is still there.

Once you picked an augment path at Nolan, if you trade an item and an excess amount of Exchalixir, the amount in excess will be wasted and lost.

Probably not a bug, it's to account for people who use the +1 and +0 versions, but still, hope everybody is aware about it!
Not that Eschalixirs are expensive anymore, bust still!
By Foxfire 2017-09-28 15:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure where the most proper place would be to post this information, but I noticed that a "bug" that has been in the game for a while is still there.

Once you picked an augment path at Nolan, if you trade an item and an excess amount of Exchalixir, the amount in excess will be wasted and lost.

Probably not a bug, it's to account for people who use the +1 and +0 versions, but still, hope everybody is aware about it!
Not that Eschalixirs are expensive anymore, bust still!
Yeah, not a bug. It's always been that way, far as I remember.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-29 01:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody remember if the bonus from Ionis apply to pet as well or not?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-09-29 02:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Does anybody remember if the bonus from Ionis apply to pet as well or not?

Pretty sure the answer is no.

Double-checked with /checkparam on PUP (standing outside with no Ionis versus grabbing Ionis and checking again). Master got more Acc/Atk/Eva/Def with Ionis, automaton stayed the same. So unless there's something wrong with /checkparam...

Also, I know why you're asking this ;)
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-10-02 15:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best way to get Windower to auto load an addon that isn't official?
By zaxtiss 2017-10-02 16:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

add it to the init.txt file
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-10-02 17:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah crap yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of that.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-02 19:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So early RoV missions (1-2/3) automatically choose a path for you when you zone into either of the 2 zones. I did so on some mules that I didn't plan on taking up but now I want to. Actually farming all that for multiple mules is balls. Problem is the ah currently only selling stuff for path those mules aren't on. So is there a way to switch paths?
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-10-03 08:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an issue where I would cast lot on an item in pool and it would pass seconds later. Any idea what addon this is or how I could fix it?
By zaxtiss 2017-10-03 08:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lottery most likely
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-10-04 07:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a maintenance for 12 hrs or am I just seeing things?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-04 07:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone just get disconnected and now you can't get on? I keep getting told to check my internet but resetted modem and restarted computer same error.
[+]
 Asura.Heeroyuy
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2017-10-04 07:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

same here, getting network is busy screen
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-10-04 08:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a long maintenance. They posted on official news but not much else mentioned. They're upgrading hardware for server stuff. website, forums, support, and game servers are all down for most of the day. In the meantime, they posted that they would provide updates via Twitter.

Quote:
We are currently performing maintenance in order to improve and replace core network equipment.
Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Maintenance Date & Time]
From Oct. 4, 2017 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PDT)
From Oct. 4, 2017 15:00 to 23:00 (BST)

Completion time is subject to change.

*The start time was 5:30 AM for the FFXI servers, 7:00 for everything else
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-10-04 10:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this will address the horrible lag we've been experiencing the last couple months! (Wishful thinking maybe...)
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-10-11 01:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an improved method for encountering pirates on the Selbina/Mhaura ship? Like.. if they haven't spawned after 4 minutes, they won't, so warp to the other port town and catch the next ship?
First Page 2 3 ... 502 503 504 ... 831 832 833