Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
105 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 483 484 485 ... 550 551 552
 Bismarck.Lennart
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: LennartHK
Posts: 655
By Bismarck.Lennart 2017-03-31 09:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aeyela said: »
To follow up on what I asked, it seems that (according to the wiki) I have to go back to one of the three nations to exchange the Pell. Is this still the case? And if so, what's the fastest way there for a mule in Jeuno who has literally zero warps? Do I need to run him back? Cheers.
The mule in 2006 didn't hit teleport crystal en route? It's right in the path almost.

You could buy or make them a warp earring for their home nation using synergy if you have the skill

Also if you have that repatriation event gear from back then, it was a weapon I think and repatriated party members? Can't remember the name but probably a club
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1033
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-31 09:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aeyela said: »
All the entrances to other towns in the Circuit ask me where in Jeuno I want to go. He doesn't have access to a Mog Garden because he's Rank 1 (Rank 3 minimum required) and he can't repatriate because he has no tabs. He's a level 1 "Ran him to Jeuno circa 2006" mule.

I think I need to do it the old fashioned way and run him back. Worth it for a Trizek Ring!

Yeah you can't use the Chocobo Circuit to wap between towns, even though the map shows connections to all cities. You'll always return to the city you started from.

The synergy earrings to teleport to the starter nations are level 20. Considering you are in Jeuno, unless someone PL's you I doubt you're soloing 1-20 outside that city.

Odd question - did you set your homepoint when you moved your mule to Jeuno? Since I doubt you have changed jobs since moving, it's possible your homepoint is still set in the starter city. If so, hit the Homepoint in Jeuno and use a warp device (either someone warp you, a scroll which is level one, or a ring which is also level one). Long shot, but maybe?
 Odin.Gimpers
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Gimpers
Posts: 22
By Odin.Gimpers 2017-03-31 10:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Or, just blood warp. Make sure to hit a HP crystal in jeuno first.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lennart
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: LennartHK
Posts: 655
By Bismarck.Lennart 2017-03-31 10:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Aeyela said: »
All the entrances to other towns in the Circuit ask me where in Jeuno I want to go. He doesn't have access to a Mog Garden because he's Rank 1 (Rank 3 minimum required) and he can't repatriate because he has no tabs. He's a level 1 "Ran him to Jeuno circa 2006" mule.

I think I need to do it the old fashioned way and run him back. Worth it for a Trizek Ring!

Yeah you can't use the Chocobo Circuit to wap between towns, even though the map shows connections to all cities. You'll always return to the city you started from.

The synergy earrings to teleport to the starter nations are level 20. Considering you are in Jeuno, unless someone PL's you I doubt you're soloing 1-20 outside that city.

Odd question - did you set your homepoint when you moved your mule to Jeuno? Since I doubt you have changed jobs since moving, it's possible your homepoint is still set in the starter city. If so, hit the Homepoint in Jeuno and use a warp device (either someone warp you, a scroll which is level one, or a ring which is also level one). Long shot, but maybe?
unlikely he has any conquest points for those since he is level 1 but if your idea works, the moogle in gardens that expands the sack does give free warp scrolls too
[+]
Offline
Posts: 5
By elenie 2017-03-31 10:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wait until the super kupopower 'Thrifty transport' is on and the moogle in ru'lude gardens will teleport you to any nation for free
 Shiva.Spynx
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
Posts: 301
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-03-31 10:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I am trying to begin solo farming Escha Ru'Aun T1 NMs for various items and abjurations.

Two specific NMs I am targeting to start with are Peirithoos and Sava Savanovic.


Any basic tips? I am confident in my ability to tank both on PUP, but Sava seems to Doom my auto and I don't think Maintenance removes it (or at least I tried and it didn't seem to work) so I was thinking to go full DD puppet on that and have a trust tank it.

For Pierithoos, just straight up tank it and avoid having magic damage trusts out?

I have 0 knowledge on how PUP even works but did those NM multiple times solo on BLU so here's my tips:

Sava Savanovic: I use Amchu+Arciela to get mdb buff as this guy starts using very strong fire magics as HP gets low. Doom isn't usually a problem as it's a gaze attack and you can just turn to avoid or have holy water for emergencies. In your case I'd go full dd on pup and even if you end up tanking, he doesn't hit that hard physically.

Pierithoos: afaik there is not issue using magic against this guy except the shitty dmg most likely. Anyways, like any Ixion type mob you don't want to stay in front of it or, even worse, right behind it but sides are safe. I use amchu as tank and try to avoid getting hate myself but if you have good mdb from trust/buffs its magic attack are nothing scary. Meteor can be annoying at low hp so AoE healing(Arciela/Selh'teus/Apururu) help a lot.

Best luck!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2575
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-31 13:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Pierithoos absorbs the element he is currently aligned to (wiki says he can potentially have a physical absorption too if he isn't aligned with anything, but I've never seen that happen- so that might just be another case of "Kei can get Ice Spikes"). This does include SC damage so you may not be able to use Smite-->Smite SCs if it's something on the light side of the elements.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
Posts: 2070
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-31 13:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Kyte said: »
(wiki says he can potentially have a physical absorption too if he isn't aligned with anything, but I've never seen that happen- so that might just be another case of "Kei can get Ice Spikes")
I've experienced that. It can happen, but rarely. Usually don't see it unless the fight goes on for over a minute for whatever reason. Don't think I've seen it occur above 25%
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
Posts: 2751
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-04-01 07:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
so started up alt on same pc and had something new happen the animations seem to be running at like 4x speed not running anything crazy and it's the same character every time i logged in 5 seperate characters about 10 times and only 1 would run in fast forward any clues ?
Offline
By Aeyela 2017-04-03 14:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Once upon a time plastic surgeon allowed you to change your race and appearance. Is there still a plugin that does this now?
 Bismarck.Unagi
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Unagi
Posts: 10
By Bismarck.Unagi 2017-04-03 14:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Dressup addon
[+]
 Fenrir.Aisere
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aisere
Posts: 5
By Fenrir.Aisere 2017-04-03 16:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I am trying to begin solo farming Escha Ru'Aun T1 NMs for various items and abjurations.

Two specific NMs I am targeting to start with are Peirithoos and Sava Savanovic.


Any basic tips? I am confident in my ability to tank both on PUP, but Sava seems to Doom my auto and I don't think Maintenance removes it (or at least I tried and it didn't seem to work) so I was thinking to go full DD puppet on that and have a trust tank it.

For Pierithoos, just straight up tank it and avoid having magic damage trusts out?

I have 0 knowledge on how PUP even works but did those NM multiple times solo on BLU so here's my tips:

Sava Savanovic: I use Amchu+Arciela to get mdb buff as this guy starts using very strong fire magics as HP gets low. Doom isn't usually a problem as it's a gaze attack and you can just turn to avoid or have holy water for emergencies. In your case I'd go full dd on pup and even if you end up tanking, he doesn't hit that hard physically.

Pierithoos: afaik there is not issue using magic against this guy except the shitty dmg most likely. Anyways, like any Ixion type mob you don't want to stay in front of it or, even worse, right behind it but sides are safe. I use amchu as tank and try to avoid getting hate myself but if you have good mdb from trust/buffs its magic attack are nothing scary. Meteor can be annoying at low hp so AoE healing(Arciela/Selh'teus/Apururu) help a lot.

Best luck!

Just adding on to this: Perithoos is pretty succeptible to getting stuck in the loop of using Grace of Hera if it has 3+ debuffs on it. I easily duo it with a DD and me on GEO/any mage just throwing debuffs on it. As such, using debuffing+healing/dd trusts such as Koru or Arciela is a very good idea. Pretty much anything should land, even Blind, I think! (lol)

On a different note: Does anyone know what move Kyou does to throw Muddle on people?
 Sylph.Ice
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ice
Posts: 305
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-03 17:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
so started up alt on same pc and had something new happen the animations seem to be running at like 4x speed not running anything crazy and it's the same character every time i logged in 5 seperate characters about 10 times and only 1 would run in fast forward any clues ?

Sometimes happens to me when logging in multiple characters. If you have FastCS loaded, reload the addon when in game and that should normalize everything.
Offline
By Aeyela 2017-04-03 18:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Unagi said: »
Dressup addon

Thanks!
 Asura.Selindrile
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 72
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-04-04 17:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Is there a weaponskill damage from gear cap? (As in the WSD stat)

And obviously I know there's a cap of some kind "because computer" but I mean a known/attainable one.

Pardon the double post, meant to edit this one.
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2575
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-04 17:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There isn't.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vow
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: woVow
Posts: 120
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-04-06 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
How are commands formatted on the Japanese client? Are there prefixes (/magic, etc.)?
What's the text for /target?
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
Posts: 529
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-06 22:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
All the commands are the same, the only stuff in japanese is the ability/spells names

/ma ケアル <t>
/ws サベッジブレード <t> <wait 1>
/target <bt>

etc...
 Leviathan.Vow
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: woVow
Posts: 120
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-04-07 07:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thanks very much-- I would not have guessed that.
After reading a few quick blurbs about Japanese keyboards, it seems that typing there is not so simple.
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: voiceless
Posts: 211
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-04-07 07:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Offline
By Aeyela 2017-04-08 14:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Can you get Orthrus pop KIs in Brown chests in Abyssea Altepa?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
Posts: 2070
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-04-08 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Aeyela said: »
Can you get Orthrus pop KIs in Brown chests in Abyssea Altepa?
No. Best you can get for Orthrus are Tiger King's Hide and Sharabha Hides from small gold chests.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Zorik
Posts: 107
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-04-08 14:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I forgot how serious those manuals used to be. Now all we get is a sleeve with an advertisement.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2017-04-08 17:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Have a question regarding registering additional service accounts to the same Square Enix ID. I'm in the process of making a separate FFXI account for the use of Dual Boxing and was originally going to make a separate Square ID until I saw the register additional accounts option. Could I technically have two FFXI service accounts in which I could log into both and dual box with on a single Square ID? Would make it easy to manage payment/subs/crysta if everything is in one place lumped with my FFXIV account.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-08 17:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
Posts: 5078
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-11 10:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This has probably been asked before but I've searched and not found anything, maybe I'm just ***at searching.

Does anyone know what the accuracy caps are for Omen? And are you expected to hit those caps with gear + sushi or do people do acc buffs in there too?? Looking at getting into it but really don't want to be "that guy" who is dragging a group down.
Offline
Posts: 433
By veddertehtaco 2017-04-11 14:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
This has probably been asked before but I've searched and not found anything, maybe I'm just ***at searching.

Does anyone know what the accuracy caps are for Omen? And are you expected to hit those caps with gear + sushi or do people do acc buffs in there too?? Looking at getting into it but really don't want to be "that guy" who is dragging a group down.

This a hundred times over, I'm trying to capitalize on my sets but not knowing baseline acc needs is tricky
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2017-04-11 14:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
How annoying is it to collect all the summons/how important is getting odin/Alex/Caitsith to a summoner/player just starting out? I assume you still need to do fame in each primal location whether or not you the trial size or full size of each primal fight?
First Page 2 3 ... 483 484 485 ... 550 551 552
Log in to post.