Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 433 434 435 ... 850 851 852

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-04-16 20:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
The move is listed on BG as darkness damage and I wouldn't trust gessho to tank anything, he's a useless trust.

He's one of the most useful trust, actually. But if you want to believe that you go right ahead :) Seen a post of pappese solo genbu in escha sky using gessho and I've dual box'd Wrathare using him, and for mobs with a lot of physical damage he's one of the best. When zi'tah first came out too I knew some geo sch duo parties that would let gessho tank everything. He's the only NIN trust at all atm and he has some good AI. If you keep him hasted his recast pretty good too.

I looked for damage type on bg-wiki but searching for dullahan didn't yield much, didn't check his page cuz individual NM abilities are not always fleshed out >.>

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-04-16 21:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a drawback for sure of him, less so on manaburn and for THF if you TA him though. Edit: and you guys do a great job with wiki spicy, just multitasking helping ppl with beads at the moment and didn't take long enough to try different ways of looking it up.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 21:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well everything I`ve used him on where he's apparently the best tank he's been woeful. Used him against Taelmoth and he`d get 1 shot on the first spell that he's supposed to able to blink. Plus as spicy said, he can't hold hate so not much of a tank really.

Your Gessho might be good but mines *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
By Verda 2016-04-16 21:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Yeah there's a job I don't go or bring, THF.
I should mention SMN also doesn't care, if my pet gets hate and dies it's a big 2 seconds of casting a spell lost to me :P So like most stuff it's situational. He has uses probably less uses for BLU.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By oldman 2016-04-16 21:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
he move is listed on BG as darkness damage and I wouldn't trust gessho to tank anything, he's a useless trust.

He's a situational trust and sometimes holds hate better than August or Amchuchu. As a general rule use Amuchuchu for magic heavy mobs, August for things that can be shield blocked, and Gesho for things that have high damage single target moves. If he is maintaining shadows he doesn't take near as much damage as August and so has slower hate decay. You just need to give him time to build up hate before you go all in. Sometimes his debuffs can be helpful as well (slow, para, blind and flash stack).

Post deleted by User.
By Verda 2016-04-16 21:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my final word: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shit_is_situational :P
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-16 22:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gessho is probably my favorite trust tank for Apex parties. He rarely interrupts skillchains and doesn't afraid of anything.
By oldman 2016-04-16 22:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Still lose hate on shadows (it used to be the other way back in the day I think it should be again).

You lose a lot less hate for losing a shadow than for taking 1500 damage.

Gesho is a very good tank for an up and coming player. The problem you're having is that trusts don't scale with player gear past a certain point. Once you're in Escha gear (god forbid you're using Almace and Tizona)no trust is going to tank well (sometimes 2 can keep hate for a bit).

I've seen your gear Spicy, and whenever I was in a PT with you, you were the tank. I haven't see many PLAYER tanks that could keep hate off of you. That's not the same problem someone with unaugmented skirmish gear has.

I also note that you said "In the right situations." This is important. As I said Gesho is good at tanking certain kinds of moves (and the mobs that use them) better than August, not all moves (or mobs). It also helps a lot if you are using an RDM trust that will haste 2 him and at least one brd trust.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-16 23:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt see it mentioned so sorry if its been touched on already, but its worth noting that gessho's survivability greatly improves when paired with amchuchu. I've had gessho successfully tank byakko and genbu in escha for the duration of w/e that fc ja is that run gets (valliance i think), and genbu was without trust campaign going.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-16 23:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Geshho might be good but mine needs enmity food, a sch, and a THF to help it.

That ***is for-

the birds

Lol, good one

Agreed that he's trash if you're on BLU, but not too shabby if you're on BLM or SCH.
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-04-17 07:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, I was wondering what the current "Potency of cure received" is? BGwiki and FFxiclopedia both say 30% but I think I remember hearing there was an increase. I've seen people wearing that souveran gear with all 5 pieces with maxed out received cure potency so I have to wonder if the cap is still 30%. Thank you in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mystery
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Thps
By Quetzalcoatl.Mystery 2016-04-17 11:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played since Trusts initially came out, so I only have a few to work with.

I'm working my way through Rhapsodies right now and gaining a bunch more.

Are there any others that I should focus on or are they all relatively equally skilled? I can't find any information about an "ideal" setup of trusts anywhere.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-17 11:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Littleanimal said: »
Hello everyone, I was wondering what the current "Potency of cure received" is? BGwiki and FFxiclopedia both say 30% but I think I remember hearing there was an increase. I've seen people wearing that souveran gear with all 5 pieces with maxed out received cure potency so I have to wonder if the cap is still 30%. Thank you in advance.
+received still caps at 30%.

Quetzalcoatl.Mystery said: »
Haven't played since Trusts initially came out, so I only have a few to work with.

I'm working my way through Rhapsodies right now and gaining a bunch more.

Are there any others that I should focus on or are they all relatively equally skilled? I can't find any information about an "ideal" setup of trusts anywhere.
Generally your focus is on tank and support trusts; the only DD trusts worth using are really there for utility purposes (ex Selh'teus for Rejuvenation). August, Gessho, and Amchuchu are your go-to tank trusts. King of Hearts, Koru-Moru, and Arciela I/II are RDMs. If you're in Apururu or Yoran-Oran's unity then they'll be your go-to WHM, otherwise you'll have to rely on someone like Kupipi. Sylvie is the other common option for unity faction, since she provides GEO bubbles based on your job and some cures/-nas.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-17 11:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't, get the ones that are part of the trust campaign going on. The "Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza" is still on the front page on Playonline.com with a list.
Qultada (the only COR with rolls), Amchuchu (the only RUN, and one of the better tanks), Sakura (passive, provides regen and combat skillup boost), Koru-Moru (RDM), and King of Hearts (RDM) at least are worth it. I think there may be more actually available than listed, but those are the priorities there I think.

Generally, you want to focus on having support and tanking ones available.

The best healers, generally, are the Unity leader ones. Still nice to have others in case they're on cooldown, or do some odd thing. Ferrous Coffin, for instance, will do Raise III on party members.

I wouldn't say there's a single ideal setup, since it'll vary on what job you or other party members are on, what you're doing, etc.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-17 12:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a list of all job (or most job) weapons for proccing red in Abyssea? I know there are several event items that are useful for this, but it's been a long time since I did anything Abyssea related.

Edit: Also, red proc is based on element, not exact WS, right?
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-17 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Event ones that come to mind...

Excalipoor/II or Ark weapon for sword (not really needed, but low damage can be nice)
Ark Scythe or Hoe from Mog Garden for Scythe
Pitchfork/+1 for Polearm
Ark Tachi, Hardwood Katana, etc for GKatana
Trainee Burin for Katana (quested rather than event)
Trainee Knife for dagger if really needed.

Club/Staff have a number of options either way.

Greatsword doesn't have an all jobs option afaik.

You do need to use the specific WS, but the hint given is the element and not the weapon type.

Some of the WS are main/sub dependent, and/or might need extra +skill gear to get from sub. Far as I know, WAR/NIN can get them all with enough gear. NIN/WAR can get close, but won't have Freezebite. Others are going to give up more.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-17 12:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like I'm going to hate doing this as PLD/DNC.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-17 15:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Sounds like I'm going to hate doing this as PLD/DNC.

Your best bet would be war/nin
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-17 16:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/NIN or NIN/WAR is definitely the way to go. You can flux out to reset procs if it's something you don't have, but that time adds up pretty quick when you're looking at more than 1-2 missing procs.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-18 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My main only has WHM, PLD, BLU, and BLM leveled. My BLU wasn't ready to use in a real event when I quit before, and it is even more behind now. The BLM was leveled only for yellow procs. My WAR barely made it to 37 to be used as a sub.

Over the weekend I spent some time looking at what it would take to gear my PLD, and that's why I was looking at Abyssea for the empy upgrade items. It seems though that the KIs drop frequently enough (I got 1 red proc out of 4+ kills, but I got the KI every time) that I don't need to bother and I can focus on setups to kill quicker. I got annoyed by the pieste though so I just went back to farming Dynamis to finish up my Aegis (I'm in range for a loan, but I'm farming it all since I'm going to build another relic after).

I don't know that I quite have the patience right now to even start looking at gearing my BLU again.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2016-04-18 15:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have access to a secondary character, it's way easier. I do this with two characters and I'm able to cover all the procs plus TH so I don't leave the zone to kill the main NM.

Char 1: THF/NIN with AA GKT and Trainee Burin, covers Blade: Ei, Jinpu and Koki as well as Energy Drain and Cyclone. You'll need some merits in katana and GKT, as well as a few skill items - the new sea torques from warders in Escha-Ru'aun, as well as Kengo Hachimaki for GKT skill.

Char 2: PLD/WAR with Pitchfork, AA Scythe or Hoe from Mog Garden and sword/club/great sword/staff for everything else.

Plus, you can make twice as many popsets! Helped a lot when running around the map for Glavoid (and to a lesser extent, Itz)
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-19 08:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple more questions.

1) Wanted battles only require the Unity Accolades, right? There's no KI or some other requirement?

2) Does a higher ilvl make a piece of gear better than a piece of gear with slightly lower stats? For example, espial socks vs jute boots (which I got from gobbie wanted chest).

3) Any recommendations on what to use my accolades for? My alt is capped, and main is at 93k. (Main - WHM, PLD, BLU; Alt - MNK, THF)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-19 08:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Couple more questions.

1) Wanted battles only require the Unity Accolades, right? There's no KI or some other requirement?

2) Does a higher ilvl make a piece of gear better than a piece of gear with slightly lower stats? For example, espial socks vs jute boots (which I got from gobbie wanted chest).

3) Any recommendations on what to use my accolades for? My alt is capped, and main is at 93k. (Main - WHM, PLD, BLU; Alt - MNK, THF)

Yeah, just Accolades and for you to set your RoE quest if you want to receive the reward.

Defensively I think there's some hidden check associated with ilevel to make higher ilvl gear better in that sense, but offensively you'd just want to push stats as high as you can.

WHM - Inutula, good earrings and refresh pants
PLD - Inutula, good earrings. Marlboro in Fei'yin. Neo Joyeuse sword. Unmoving collar +1 from something in Yhoatar or Yuhtuhnga.
BLU - Emet Harness from the guy in Beaucedine Glacier

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 433 434 435 ... 850 851 852