Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 432 433 434 ... 850 851 852
By oldman 2016-04-15 07:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
(Though TH does help a lot since it adds extra drop slots

That's not how TH works.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-04-15 08:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
^ To unlock Voidwatch equipment on that goblin who sells stuff for merits in reisenjima.
^ this is the reason.
I'm currently past 0/2200 on Coruscanti.
I stopped tracking at 2200, I'm more likely around 2400ish but w/e.

Thought I might as well unlock that and get it with Merit Points.
I have "only" 4000 Pot-pourri points and 25k are needed for Coruscanti, but at least I know I will eventually get there :D

I went 4/200 on HMP pouches in the last couple of days (/cry) but was lucky enough to get a Coruscanti in 50 Qilin (other 150 were Aellos). Forgive the noob question but does it still have any use or is it just a "look at me I have one!" item?

Another questions, how are you supposed to use petrifacts to get VW items from the goblin? Just trade them?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-15 12:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something, or do you still have to run back to a VW npc every six kills if you're using voiddust?
By Verda 2016-04-15 13:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Am I missing something, or do you still have to run back to a VW npc every six kills if you're using voiddust?

Ya if you used up your stock then you pretty much stuck doing that :(
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-15 14:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep getting error 4002 and disconnecting lately, I did believe it has been happening since the last update but I also changed my wireless router recently so I'm not 100% sure what the issue could be.

Are other people having DC issues lately?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-15 15:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

the person popping still needs ki voidstone in possession i believe just one as it will not be consumed
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-04-15 16:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

the person popping still needs ki voidstone in possession i believe just one as it will not be consumed
Everyone needs 1 in their KI's or they won't get item rewards.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-16 05:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to solo Warden of Prudence in Escha Ru, but been having trouble killing him on SAM+Trusts.

Hundred Fist, Invincible, and Perfect Dodge are annoying and the most I got it to was 20% a few times.

Any advice on how to solo it? Would solo BLM work? Or SMN?

Advice would be appreciated.

Edit: answered my own question. Killed it with BLM/sch.
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-16 05:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do items that list "killer effets +2" (like founder's stuff)give you that much bonus for any monster class?
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-04-16 06:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

which WKR JSE Capes have survived this update? im thinking some of them still can be saved after a readjustment while some are just flat out /toss.

does anything stand out?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-16 07:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
which WKR JSE Capes have survived this update? im thinking some of them still can be saved after a readjustment while some are just flat out /toss.

does anything stand out?

They are still unique in terms of utility, such as geo cape (indicolure duration) and sch cape (helix duration).
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 07:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the cap on indi duration on the wkr cape? The new one has 20.

oldman said: »

That's not how TH works.
How does TH work? Since even SE apparently has no idea what it actually does.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-16 08:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Whats the cap on indi duration on the wkr cape? The new one has 20.

oops, max duration on wkr cape is also 20, nevermind. I think it is still unique for pet: DT though and you can even have both DT and pet: DT on that cape.

Quote:

That's not how TH works.
How does TH work? Since even SE apparently has no idea what it actually does.

It is still a mystery exactly how TH works but TH appears to add another RNG roll over the base chance for a non-guarenteed slot to appear in the pool (source: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/95489-TH-testing-final-results).

For example, let's assume a rabbit drops a hide by 30% chance. TH1 lets you reroll if default roll fails. If TH1 fails, TH2 lets you reroll again. If this model is true; the final drop rate would be; 0.3 + 0.7*0.3 + 0.7*0.7*0.3 = 0.657

This model appears to fit the test results very well, but it was only tested with fodder mobs and HNMs may have different rules. Furthermore, max TH level was limited to equipment back then and if we assume anything above 2 also works the same way, we could technically make anything with over 1/4 drop rate almost 100% by stacking enough levels of TH; 0.25 + 0.75*0.25 + 0.75^2*0.25 + 0.75^3*0.25 + 0.75^4*0.25 + 0.75^5*0.25 and so on = ~0.98 at TH13 (edit: or in short; 1-0.75^14 = ~0.98).
By oldman 2016-04-16 08:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

An easier way to write that would be 1-(.7^3).

Take the chance of it not dropping and raise it to the number of rolls. You can also use this to calculate the number of kills you need to have an x chance at a drop.

For example, Defending ring has a drop rate of about 5%. You want to know how many shanks you need to be 90% sure of getting the drop.

Your equation would be:

.95^x = 10% (you set it equal to the chance of not getting the drop)

log .95^x = log .1
x log .95 = log .1
x = log.1 / log .95
x = 44.896

Based on this you would need to kill KB 45 times to be 90% sure of getting the drop.

It's a useful technique for deciding if its better to farm something yourself or just buy it or to estimate worst case scenarios when farming something like Jovian Bodies.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-16 10:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
^ To unlock Voidwatch equipment on that goblin who sells stuff for merits in reisenjima.
^ this is the reason.
I'm currently past 0/2200 on Coruscanti.
I stopped tracking at 2200, I'm more likely around 2400ish but w/e.

Thought I might as well unlock that and get it with Merit Points.
I have "only" 4000 Pot-pourri points and 25k are needed for Coruscanti, but at least I know I will eventually get there :D

I went 4/200 on HMP pouches in the last couple of days (/cry) but was lucky enough to get a Coruscanti in 50 Qilin (other 150 were Aellos). Forgive the noob question but does it still have any use or is it just a "look at me I have one!" item?

It may be useful as offhand dagger for cor ranged dps build or rng JR build? Unless the crit hit rate doesn't apply to ws.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-16 12:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably doesn't. I tested Jupiter's Staff on /ra years ago (around the time Jishnu's came out I think) and it had no effect.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-16 13:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That is correct. Crit DMG on weapons works for Ranged. Crit Rate does not.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-16 13:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

An easier way to write that would be 1-(.7^3).

Take the chance of it not dropping and raise it to the number of rolls. You can also use this to calculate the number of kills you need to have an x chance at a drop.

For example, Defending ring has a drop rate of about 5%. You want to know how many shanks you need to be 90% sure of getting the drop.

Your equation would be:

.95^x = 10% (you set it equal to the chance of not getting the drop)

log .95^x = log .1
x log .95 = log .1
x = log.1 / log .95
x = 44.896

Based on this you would need to kill KB 45 times to be 90% sure of getting the drop.

It's a useful technique for deciding if its better to farm something yourself or just buy it or to estimate worst case scenarios when farming something like Jovian Bodies.

The example you give with KB is inaccurate. The drop slot that ring falls in is 100%. It is just shared with Pixie Earring. There is no known way to increase or modify the final drop rate. You either get Ring, Earring, or nothing.
**There used to be a way to guarantee D.Ring. Originally, if everyone in the alliance has Pixie Earring, it would force D.Ring to drop. This was patched years ago however.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-16 14:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read anything he said? He was showing how to calculate actual odds of receiving something within a certain amount of kills. It had nothing to do with the shared slot, just probability.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-16 14:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I did read what he said. And he is correct in most instances. However he specifically gave an example which does not follow that mathematical formula, due to it following a completely different model. I was simply pointing that out.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-16 14:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The formula is used to calculate chance of an occurance happening in a number of attempts, in this case figuring out how many attempts it would take to have a 90% success rate at a 5% occurance. It doesn't model TH in his example, it models probability. So yes, it is accurate.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 14:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What trust tank do people use for Crom Dubh? Whoever I use seems to get 1 shot by Noiahionto.
By Afania 2016-04-16 17:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What trust tank do people use for Crom Dubh? Whoever I use seems to get 1 shot by Noiahionto.

August.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 18:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried him first, got 1 shot lol, then tried Amchuchu same thing again.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-16 18:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried him first, got 1 shot lol, then tried Amchuchu same thing again.

The issue is the trust campaign is down, once trusts get the 50% hp/mp boost back, both August and Amchuchu can tank Crom with little issues.
[+]
By Verda 2016-04-16 18:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to wait there's other solutions. Earthen Armor or Scherzo allows trusts to live. I'm actually not sure what damage type the AoE move I'm pretty sure it's not magical, and it's probably not breath, and AoE physical moves are stopped by shadows just take multiple ones (usu 2-3). So gessho can possibly live through it, depending if he has shadows up and it's physical, and Ulmia will single target schezero anyone who took a lot of damage but the have to live through something that hits hard first and only lasts two minutes. If you put blink on your trusts with accession, or aerial armor it can help too but blink only has a 50% chance to absorb a hit not 100%. You could also see if stoneskin is enough to make them live through it, or use brygid because she can help people live through stuff pretty well sometimes. Can also just try tanking it yourself if DD, load up on DT just before tp moves or stun the tp moves.
By Selindrile 2016-04-16 20:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ctrl + shift (or alt + shift) + a number key will change your macro page, does anyone know how to disable this? I accidentally hit shift when hitting macros often, and it drives me bonkers.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 20:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
If you don't want to wait there's other solutions. Earthen Armor or Scherzo allows trusts to live. I'm actually not sure what damage type the AoE move I'm pretty sure it's not magical, and it's probably not breath, and AoE physical moves are stopped by shadows just take multiple ones (usu 2-3). So gessho can possibly live through it, depending if he has shadows up and it's physical, and Ulmia will single target schezero anyone who took a lot of damage but the have to live through something that hits hard first and only lasts two minutes. If you put blink on your trusts with accession, or aerial armor it can help too but blink only has a 50% chance to absorb a hit not 100%. You could also see if stoneskin is enough to make them live through it, or use brygid because she can help people live through stuff pretty well sometimes. Can also just try tanking it yourself if DD, load up on DT just before tp moves or stun the tp moves.

The move is listed on BG as darkness damage and I wouldn't trust gessho to tank anything, he's a useless trust. I'm not in any rush to kill it right now, I already have Merlinic off him I just felt like getting a pair for my geo mule. I can wait.

Also I did try it on BLU, Magic Barrier took most of the damage form his tp move so it wasnt a problem but his DT is way too high I think for melee.
First Page 2 3 ... 432 433 434 ... 850 851 852