Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 430 431 432 ... 850 851 852
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-11 17:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I trust Papa Rooks saying Kaggen to be the most effective, so that's been my go-to.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-11 17:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Recently came back to game, what's the best way to clear Delve's with only a few people? maybe 3 tops? Trying to boost iLvl before moving on up and some of the NMs are giving me quite a bit of trouble so far.

Which NMs? There are a few that shift damage they take, which could be what's throwing you.

Offhand, I'd think BLU, COR, and probably SCH or something if you're picking three to bring.

That said, if you're just doing it to boost ilevel, a lot of Delve items are behind the curve now. Might do better to target Escha Zi'Tah T1-T2s or Alluvion Skirmish.

Are the Escha NMs doable without some iLvl100+ gear? I've got a few jobs w/ ilvl119 weapons and a curing mule, friend is geared w/ pre-delve stuff and has SAM and THF geared.

EDIT: Also, bought friend crafted i119 GK and they're unable to equip it for some reason. Tried researching similar issues and unable to find why that's happening.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-11 17:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The GK you brought is probably the SU2 weapon, you need 100 job points on that job to equip those. Should say on the weapon if it's an SU class weapon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-11 17:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference what VWNM you target, especially now that you can pick one and sit there for hours provided you have enough stones. Zilart NMs should have the highest average HMP yield per kill assuming an average of 9 plates/pouch (effectively a 54% droprate per XIDB's reported 6% pouch droprate), but don't drop anything else of value. Jeuno T3s drop singles at a slightly lower rate, but also drop reforge items. Morta and Bismarck have low HMP droprates, but also drop 99 trial items and belladonna sap/sealord skin. All of them should die extremely quickly with clusters.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-11 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else error 4002ing like a mother ***?
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-11 20:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the Escha NMs doable without some iLvl100+ gear? I've got a few jobs w/ ilvl119 weapons and a curing mule, friend is geared w/ pre-delve stuff and has SAM and THF geared.

EDIT: Also, bought friend crafted i119 GK and they're unable to equip it for some reason. Tried researching similar issues and unable to find why that's happening.

I doubt you'd do well in pre-ilevel gear on Escha NMs, or even Sparks gear for that matter. 'course, non-ilevel armor in Delve is going to make it far more difficult as well.

The low bar for getting into basic i119 gear is Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish. At bare, bare minimum, you don't even need to engage a mob. Sparks gear tends to work, once you get the hang of it and push for more floors.
The downside is the super-random augments that can wind up getting expensive.

If you have a well geared friend or two, they could probably get you into Escha armor in fairly short order though. Most of those are not hard for established players to solo or duo with trusts. That's why I mention it.
By Afania 2016-04-11 21:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Recently came back to game, what's the best way to clear Delve's with only a few people? maybe 3 tops? Trying to boost iLvl before moving on up and some of the NMs are giving me quite a bit of trouble so far.

Which NMs? There are a few that shift damage they take, which could be what's throwing you.

Offhand, I'd think BLU, COR, and probably SCH or something if you're picking three to bring.

Id change SCH to GEO if bringing melee jobs like blu or cor. Vex attunement saves a lot of headache on some NM, and malaise leaden salute darkness SC hits really really hard on NM that doesn't resist darkness dmg, just let blu open CDC.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-11 21:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Id change SCH to GEO if bringing melee jobs like blu or cor. Vex attunement saves a lot of headache on some NM, and malaise leaden salute darkness SC hits really really hard on NM that doesn't resist darkness dmg, just let blu open CDC.

You're quite right, and I should have said that given that I typically dual box BLU and GEO as it is.

My mind was more in covering gimmicks, as well as being flexible in case trusts got dead or something. SCH excels there, where GEO is less so. Same basic rationale behind BLU and COR. They're excellent damage, to be sure, but physical Blue Magic works well for Volatile Matamata or Faded Cracklaw, both BLU and COR can do well with non-aspected damage, you have ranged damage if you need it, etc.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-11 22:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I trust Rooks saying Kaggen to be the most effective, so that's been my go-to.

So, the rationale for that was the parity in drop rates, combined with Kaggen's easy travel time. The Jeuno t3 all have the same drop rate. (I still think Kaggen is the easiest of the three).

However, if there's no travel time component, that actually makes the pouch droppers - http://ffxidb.com/items/5910 - much more appealing, though more random. On a long enough timeline, the pouch NMs are now the better bet.

The lesson, as always, is that Running Fantasy XI got that name for a reason

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2016-04-11 22:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed Provenance Watcher but didn't get the periapt or atmacite. Is the periapt or atmacite not 100% drop after killing it? I did use some phase displacer, if that makes any difference. I finished all the quest up to Ad Infinitum.

from BG Wiki - In Provenance, associated periapt and atmacite are automatically obtained upon completion of the battle (there is no spectral alignment in Provenance
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-12 00:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard a scholar can solo kamhir delve. Of coz need to enter with 3. But is it possible? How do a scholar deal with certain NMs mechanics? Thanks.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-12 00:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tossing out strong MB'd helices at the start.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-12 02:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you go to farm Crystal Petrifacts in Voidwatch?
Do all NMs have the same, low, drop rates?
Would you trade Rubicund Cell or would you rather not?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-04-12 05:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Best drop rates seem to be in Sky (Aello, Qilin, Uptala), but any end-path NM seems to have a decent chance at one. Might as well use Rubicund 'cause plates 'n such.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-12 07:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen the higheer numbers for Qilin/Aello/Uptala on FFXIDB as well, but I wonder how reliable those data are honestly.

I need to farm like 160ish Crystal Petrifacts. And yeah I indeed wouldn't mind some HMPs or even a *** Coruscanti (over 0/2200 on it)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-12 07:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did about 50 Qilins last night and got a little more than 50 Petrifacts.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-12 08:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wich cells were you using, Byrth?
I did 24 and walked out with around 17 Petrifacts. Guess sample is small enough and numbers are close enough to remain within that ~88% drop rate reported on FFXIDB.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-12 09:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Tossing out strong MB'd helices at the start.

Those NMs don't have damage resistance types when we first engage them?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-12 09:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Ram won't put up any resistance until 89% HP. Gnole doesn't have anything until Cacophony. Raaz nothing until Zealous Snort.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-12 09:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
No. Ram won't put up any resistance until 89% HP. Gnole doesn't have anything until Cacophony. Raaz nothing until Zealous Snort.

Thank you very much ^^

Post deleted by User.
By Faelar 2016-04-12 10:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have CoP done, with all the ending cutscenes (like the Distant Worlds one) and I can't seem to get the Prishe or Ulmia Trusts. I do not have Storms of Fate or Shadows of the Departed in progress. Any other requirements for getting this Trusts?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-12 12:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only other requirement that you haven't mentioned is Apocalypse Nigh.

"Note: Players will be unable to receive the alter ego if the quests Storms of Fate or Shadows of the Departed are in progress or if Apocalypse Nigh is in progress and the event scene occurring in Sealion's Den is not completed."
[+]
By Faelar 2016-04-12 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
The only other requirement that you haven't mentioned is Apocalypse Nigh.

"Note: Players will be unable to receive the alter ego if the quests Storms of Fate or Shadows of the Departed are in progress or if Apocalypse Nigh is in progress and the event scene occurring in Sealion's Den is not completed."

I don't have that anywhere in my quest log. Do I have to complete it or simply not have it in progress?

Post deleted by User.
By Morihei 2016-04-12 13:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

QUESTION!

The Ambuscade +1 set gives 26% -DT, 210hp and 590 Defense. You can add d ring, vocane ring, nierenshutz belt, and twilight torque to that to get 51% -DT.

RUN 119 Emp armor gives 528 armor, 341hp and 12% -pdt.

Does this mean that DRG actually has a just as good chance of soloing as RUN? If not better?

Base damage for JSE+1 polearm is 277 with 492 delay.
263 w/ 480 delay for RUN.

I know this seems totally out of line, since DRG is supposed to be dead, so someone find the holes in my logic here.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-12 13:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You're forgetting about the fact that the new set only has 10% haste.

Also, RUN is simply a decent solo job, and even that's being generous. DRG has always been a good soloer, basically since it came out. DRG/mage was great for healing breaths and heals and basically anything you could need.

Basically the largest hole in your logic is that trusts exist. Every single job in the game becomes a viable solo job with trusts. You're also ignoring practically every aspect of the jobs themselves and instead only looking at their gear.

DRG is a fine solo job, so if that's what you want, go for it. It is just not considered a very good DD. That's really it.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 430 431 432 ... 850 851 852