Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 429 430 431 ... 850 851 852
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-09 21:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I can come relatively close to soloing it on BLU via AoEing the adds and doing regular BLU stuff to the dragon itself. By extrapolating that to include another BLU, a real tank, and a real healer, you could actually kill it from 100%.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-09 21:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the adds repop/how often? I don't have BLU, but could easily pull a melee setup and an extra BLM to deal with adds.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-09 21:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Adds repop every couple minutes, but don't have much HP. A BLM or two should be fine, especially for Naga since it also flies periodically.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-09 22:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Great info, thanks.

While I'm asking, how about the manner in which zone buffs are applied/wear off? I assume it's something like, you gain a buff for 36-72 hours when you kill a Naga Raja, and if you kill it again with all buffs up the oldest refreshes(maybe?). I don't really have any hard data though, so if anyone's looked at it closely would be cool to know.
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-09 22:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
Can anybody tell me what's the setup for VD leviathan? Blue blue tank white mage geo etc? And does blue Mage sub runs fencer with geo vex attunement? Thanks in advance.

Just use a melee zerg regular setup with vex attunement and whm. Brd, smn and run can replace vex attunement.

The setup are flexible as long as you focus on dmg and have ways to prevent people getting one shot.

My info may not be super clear to you, but nowadays I try to avoid just hand out the cookie cutter set up when giving out advice, otherwise ppl who ask for advice are just gonna copy and paste the setup without knowing why. A lot of people do vd as blu blu cor geo geo whm, but many other melee setup works too.

Due to the hate mechanics in old zones, tank is quite useless in bc unless it's RUN for valliance. It's near impossible to hold hate there. I've pt with JP in a very defensive setup with tons bad dd avg less than 2k ws avg. Even then I could not get hate off those 2k ws avg DDs most of the time. And I have enmity+ gears in every slot except rings.(more than 60 total)

A proper offensive setup would have DD avg over 10k ws avg, I don't see how a tank can ever hold hate in that bc. It's just gonna be a waste of slot.

Some people assumed that hate mechanics didn't get an update in bc, so that could be the reason.

Sub RUN isn't necessary, unless your support and healer aren't good.

We were getting 2-3min clears with NIN/DNC/RUN/GEOx2/WHM. My 2 GEO mules were doing vex/attune/frailty/haste bouncing fury. You can run with 3 DDs of your choice but its what we went with. Be cautious of spinning dive, even though its a 1 hit, it can actually kill you. This is how we were able to finish within a week of grinding while that campaign was on.

Thanks for all your response. Blue Mage absolutely kills leviathan. Went with just 5. 2 master blue 2 geo 1 white Mage. 2 -3 mins run as well. Occultation, barrier tusks, saline coat, berserk, nature mediation, mighty guard, erratic flutter with a bunch of white Mage buffs, dies in less then 2 mins we engage it. Half the battle time is buffing. The dangerous stuffs goes thru shadows meaning shadows is still up after taking that hit. If aoe stuff hits simple re do occultation.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-10 09:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
I read that there was a new way to macro equipment in the game without Gearswap, though I can't find where I read that again to try it out ><

Did I really read about this feature or am I mistaken?

May depend on how far back you're thinking. I don't think they've added anything past the gear set system. However, that does allow for swapping full sets of gear in one line, giving similar capability to what many would have done with Windower's extended macros.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-10 09:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't seem to find much of what causes Vidmapire to use Nocturnal Servitude. The BG page says it's exceptionally rare (once in 41 fights), but having seen it 9 times in 3 fights makes me think that might be garbage. If anybody knows a decent amount about this guy's mechanics, I'd appreciate it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-10 10:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Can't seem to find much of what causes Vidmapire to use Nocturnal Servitude. The BG page says it's exceptionally rare (once in 41 fights), but having seen it 9 times in 3 fights makes me think that might be garbage. If anybody knows a decent amount about this guy's mechanics, I'd appreciate it.
What's your setup/strategy on him? I recall locking him down with Light skillchains and that Heliovoid sucks. I've personally never seen him use it myself in around 10 kills. I figure it must be a reactionary thing at rates like what you listed.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-10 10:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just been fighting him myself on BLU. Some fights he'll be chain procced with light SCs, and other fights there won't be a single one. Nothing changes between fights, they just seem vastly different. Poring over the logs and I don't see anything immediately before Servitude, so I'm thinking there needs to be something happening throughout the fight. I just don't see anything different between the fights he uses it and those he doesn't.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-10 11:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote that bg-wiki page. I was using:
Leechx4
PLD WHM SCH
SCH BLM BLM GEO GEO BRD

I opened every fight with a fragmentation > thunder MB, unless he started with decollation, in which case I used fusion. I MBed on every mage, taking roughly 10-15% of his HP. This got me a blue proc every single fight, with the exception of the one where he opened with nocturnal servitude. Fight length was less than 3 minutes each time. Not sure if that helps you figure out anything, but there you go.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-04-11 09:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best VW mob for HMP per stone?
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-04-11 09:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think aello is best. Thats what I'm doing today on and off. Look me up ^^
By Faelar 2016-04-11 10:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to remember how to re-lease my Mog Locker, and I only have Imp. Gold Pieces. I remember having to run to Nashmau to down-trade them to lower pieces. Is this still the case or is there an easier way now?

Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-11 10:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to remember how to re-lease my Mog Locker, and I only have Imp. Gold Pieces. I remember having to run to Nashmau to down-trade them to lower pieces. Is this still the case or is there an easier way now?

iir, cant u do that right there in aht urgahn?
By Faelar 2016-04-11 10:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

iir, cant u do that right there in aht urgahn?

Came back to FFXI after 6 years, that's what I'm trying to find out.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-11 10:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
I was told that this was probably the better script for getting things with sparks. It also has the added benefit allowing you to easily get a different item instead of Acheron Shields if you so desire.

can this be used to get skill books? I was curious since they come in multiple numbers. I tried entering just the books name and i got 0 copies. When i try adding a number i get 'cant find in menu'. But not sure the syntax if its even possible.

bump. curious.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-04-11 13:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there a way to exchange +1 empy seals for different types, i.e. trade 3 Iga seals for any one empy seal of another kind? I seem to remember this being added in an update a while ago, but I can't find anything on it. Am I just imagining things?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-11 14:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lame Deer (A) will trade you a chosen pair of empyrean footwear for 3 traded but I don't recall being able to swap seals.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-04-11 14:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I might just be thinking of beastmen seals.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-11 14:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think their general solution for Empyrean seals has been making Kupon I-Seals available fairly frequently via Login Campaigns or sometimes the BCNM campaign. 'course, they aren't available now, but if you stock up when they are you can trade one of those in for full sets of whatever seal you happen to need.
By Draylo 2016-04-11 14:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best way to deal with Treasure Casket mini game? I use box helper and it always goes down to a 50% chance it seems.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-11 15:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently came back to game, what's the best way to clear Delve's with only a few people? maybe 3 tops? Trying to boost iLvl before moving on up and some of the NMs are giving me quite a bit of trouble so far.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-11 15:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
What is the best way to deal with Treasure Casket mini game? I use box helper and it always goes down to a 50% chance it seems.

If you're a gambling sort, you can ask for a hint and hope it narrows down the boxhelper range, but what boxhelper does - continually bisecting the range of answers - is the mathematically surest way to get to the end.

The ranges are just too big to get 100% every time, is all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-11 16:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Recently came back to game, what's the best way to clear Delve's with only a few people? maybe 3 tops? Trying to boost iLvl before moving on up and some of the NMs are giving me quite a bit of trouble so far.

Which NMs? There are a few that shift damage they take, which could be what's throwing you.

Offhand, I'd think BLU, COR, and probably SCH or something if you're picking three to bring.

That said, if you're just doing it to boost ilevel, a lot of Delve items are behind the curve now. Might do better to target Escha Zi'Tah T1-T2s or Alluvion Skirmish.
By Faelar 2016-04-11 16:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump. Is this the only way? This is more for Aanja than me, as her BST gear is in her locker and she wants to main BST for now.

I seem to recall reading that they added an NPC in Whitegate for this and that trips to Nashmau were no longer needed. I can't find where I read that at anymore, so I was hoping someone knew about it. Everyone in-game in this new LS only knows about the NPC in Nashmau.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-11 16:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
I think aello is best. Thats what I'm doing today on and off. Look me up ^^

Why aello?
 Asura.Calatilla