Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 425 426 427 ... 859 860 861
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-08 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Gekka and Yonin count as gear enmity or ability enmity (does it surpass the +200 enmity cap)? Assuming Yonin is definitely ability enmity, less sure on Gekka. Is the enmity boost on Nagi noticeable for those who own it?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-03-08 19:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any market for a hexed haubert -1? Gobbie box threw a Huginn haubert at me and wonder if it's worth it to turn it back into a cursed item.
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-08 19:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

BIS TP body for all jobs that can wear it afaik
 Sylph.Aeo
Server: Sylph
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2016-03-08 21:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
is there an easier way to trade in sparks for a multiple specific item? Rather then going through the menu and selecting the same thing over and over.
Dunno if it'll help, but I found this script for converting Sparks to gil once upon a time.
Code
require 'pack'
require 'lists'

windower.register_event('outgoing chunk',function(id,org)
    if id == 0x5B then
        local name = (windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_id(org:unpack('I',5)) or {}).name
        if L{'Eternal Flame','Rolandienne','Isakoth','Fhelm Jobeizat'}:contains(name) then
            local outstr = org:sub(1,8)
            local choice = org:unpack('I',9)
            if choice == 0 or choice == 0x40000000 then
                return outstr..string.char(9,0,0x29,0)..org:sub(13) -- Archeron Shield
            end
        end
    end
end)

Just have to put it in your add-ons folder and toss it a name, then /lua load "that name" and you're good to go. Talk to the npc, stop talking to them, and a shield will materialize in your inventory whilst the sparks will vanish. A few dozen repeats of enter/escape will drain you of sparks and line your wallet with gil.

I'm sure there's a method to the madness that is this script which would help to nab other items should you wish it, though I'm not the one to explain how one would do such a thing.

This works very nicely, thank you for it!
What do I need to change if I want to get a different item? Need Diamond Shields... lots and lots of them...
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-09 04:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to get more than 6 dark matter augment a day by sending gear through POL to other characters?
By Zeak 2016-03-09 04:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Is it possible to get more than 6 dark matter augment a day by sending gear through POL to other characters?

You can send un-augmented Reisen gear through POL, but once you accept an augment on that gear, it'll be stuck on that character. So, you can get additional attempts on a single piece of un-augmented gear every day, but it's only useful if you actually want the alt character to ultimately use that gear.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-03-09 11:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a resource anywhere that has recommended wait timers for various things if you are using in game macros? I notice when those are off you might as well not swap, but using timers that are too long is not great either in case you need something to DO IT NOW.

For example I recently came back, I play BST/DNC usually. If I

/equipset1
/ja "curing waltz" <me>
/equipset2

Putting a wait on the first line makes it take longer to do the cure, which might not be great if I am trying to clutch heal.

Also for something like Ready, would I need to keep the "ready" gearset on until the damage is on the screen or just once I use it... or once the pet readies it?

Easy answer is I should just get windower and all that fancy stuff, but not sure yet if I am investing enough time in FFXI again to go through all that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-09 11:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Latency, inability to use decimal waits, and the general slowness of XI's macro engine means you're kinda screwed no matter what. At the very least you should set up some .txt macros.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-03-09 13:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

/equipset1
/ja "curing waltz" <me> <wait 3>
/equipset2

Works for vanilla. I think wait 2 also works. (And using <stal> instead of <me> lets you cute others, and ensures the set swap because of the extra click.)
 Asura.Mcdonalds
Server: Asura
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-03-09 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Is there any market for a hexed haubert -1? Gobbie box threw a Huginn haubert at me and wonder if it's worth it to turn it back into a cursed item.

This is news to me. You can turn gear back in for the cursed item? Who does this?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-09 14:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a synergy recipe, requires umbral marrow and the original abjuration. It's my understanding that getting a -1 from HQ armor is not guaranteed. Doesn't seem worthwhile for most synths. Hexed Haubert floats just below the price of a marrow on Fenrir, so if you've already got the abjuration then at least you won't lose much in the (likely) event that you NQ...?
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-03-09 14:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeak said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

You can send un-augmented Reisen gear through POL, but once you accept an augment on that gear, it'll be stuck on that character. So, you can get additional attempts on a single piece of un-augmented gear every day, but it's only useful if you actually want the alt character to ultimately use that gear.

Just to add/expound, I THINK (told but not personally verified) that when you send augmented gear it will lose the augments which kinda kills the ability to manipulate this type of campaign.
 Odin.Vuq
Server: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-09 14:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If i have 2 accounts on the same ID like some dual boxers, is it possible to send gear the same way u could send some ra/ex to a mule? Or does it have to be on the same playonline id?
Some people i play with talk about looting gear to send to their alts, which seens stupid to me either they cannot send the gear, or they cannot dual box their alt. I just want a quick clarification?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-03-09 14:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's a synergy recipe, requires dark matter and the original abjuration. It's my understanding that getting a -1 from HQ armor is not guaranteed. Doesn't seem worthwhile for most synths. Hexed Haubert floats just below the price of a marrow on Fenrir, so if you've already got the abjuration then at least you won't lose much in the (likely) event that you NQ...?
Umbral Marrow, not Dark Matter. Also you will always get the -1 back if you recurse an original HQ piece. It's the synth following for the Vexed/Jinxed that's a 7% chance.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-09 14:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp. You're supposed to read my mind, not what I type. Fixed.

That's a much better proposition if the -1 is guaranteed. Guess I'll recurse my Khepri gear after all.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-03-09 14:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
It's a synergy recipe, requires dark matter and the original abjuration. It's my understanding that getting a -1 from HQ armor is not guaranteed. Doesn't seem worthwhile for most synths. Hexed Haubert floats just below the price of a marrow on Fenrir, so if you've already got the abjuration then at least you won't lose much in the (likely) event that you NQ...?
Umbral Marrow, not Dark Matter. Also you will always get the -1 back if you recurse an original HQ piece. It's the synth following for the Vexed/Jinxed that's a 7% chance.

Wow, I guess I missed reading about this when it happened. Thanks guys. Might turn back into Voodoo Hauberk -1 lol.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-09 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vuq said: »
If i have 2 accounts on the same ID like some dual boxers, is it possible to send gear the same way u could send some ra/ex to a mule? Or does it have to be on the same playonline id?
Some people i play with talk about looting gear to send to their alts, which seens stupid to me either they cannot send the gear, or they cannot dual box their alt. I just want a quick clarification?

The characters have to be on the same PlayOnline ID, so they would not be able to both be logged in at the same time.

It's possible that they've got multiple characters bound to the ID that aren't just mules.
By Zeak 2016-03-10 03:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Is there a resource anywhere that has recommended wait timers for various things if you are using in game macros? I notice when those are off you might as well not swap, but using timers that are too long is not great either in case you need something to DO IT NOW.

All /equipset commands require at least a "/wait 1" between each set, which is generally fine for most abilities, since you rarely need to swap anything specific after an ability is activated. For your Waltz example, you can do:

/equipset [Waltz potency]
/ja "Waltz" <me> <wait 1>
/equipset [TP gear]

The potency transfers upon activation, so you get the full benefits of your potency set even though you're in TP gear before the animation ends/it shows up in the log. You almost always wanna put the <wait 1> on the same macro line as the ability itself, because activating an ability has a global cooldown of one second(ish) where you wouldn't be able to do any other action anyway. Practically all abilities and WS work in this fashion, meaning you're not missing much from using in-game macros.

The only time you have to work with a variable amount of /wait time is with spells, which is where things get tricky and gearswap becomes more appreciated. This might be important to you since BST/WHM is also a viable job combination. The biggest issue is you wanna precast everything in Fast Cast gear, so almost every magic macro opens with a FC set. Such as:

/equipset [Fast Cast]
/ma "Cure" <stpc>

Simple enough, but now you need to work a midcast set in for Potency, since spell potency is factored when the spell cast finishes, not when it starts like abilities do. First thought would be to put a <wait 1> on the /ma line and then an /equipset [cure potency] on the next line, but that doesn't work in this circumstance. With enough Fast Cast, the spell Cure I will go off before 1 second, meaning you won't even get to change to your potency set until that spell has already finished. That's a severe issue, but there is a slight, albeit also limited, workaround. The trick is that the old /equip [slot] "Item name" macros lines effectively stack with the new /equipsets with no need for wait macros. So, you could test it with something like this:

/equipset [PDT gear]
/equip head "Brass Cap"

Upon using that macro, you'll find that you're wearing full PDT gear, but with a Brass Cap in your head slot, without a single /wait 1 command. Back to that our spell issue, it means we can do something like:

/equipset [Fast Cast]
/ma "Cure" <stpc>
/equip neck "Phalaina Locket"
/equip ring1 "Lebeche ring"
/equip back "Solemnity Cape" <wait> 1
/equipset [Pet Idle]

But now we immediately notice the limitation; we're at the maximum number of lines per macro, but we still don't have max Cure Potency. That's unfortunately the best we can do in this current situation, without resorting to a <wait 1> on the FC gear line, or being forced to hybrid Cure Pot. into our FC equipset. The latter of which is not always viable, since not every job is on something like Heka's Kalasiris or Vrikodara Jupon.
On the plus side, if you're casting a spell that takes longer than 1 second to cast, you CAN use a <wait 1> on the /ma line and safely switch to a midcast /equipset set on the next line. Although, when people talk about midcast, they also mean Spell Interruption Rate-, which is kinda pointless to switch to if you gotta wait a whole second to get to it. Mages can bypass the <wait 1> issue by having every single one of their macros end in a "wrap around" /equipset [FC gear] command, so that they're already in FC gear when they click their next macro, allowing them to instantly switch to a midcast set after the spell starts casting. However, as a BST player, this isn't gonna be useful to you, since you wanna idle in pet gear, not FC/Refresh/whatever, so all your macro will likely end with /equipset that benefits your pet.
That's about the best advice I can give on the matter. As someone who has played pure Vanilla for 13 years, I can only tell you that the current macro system functions fine for most ability-based jobs, but has steep issues with casting. I particularity steer very clear of playing jobs, like SCH or BLU, that need sets based around incredibly quick swaps for this very reason. Keep this in mind when prepping your BST, as it may require less investment to just use gearswap if you plan on utilizing magic in the future.

Quote:
Also for something like Ready, would I need to keep the "ready" gearset on until the damage is on the screen or just once I use it... or once the pet readies it?

Take this with a grain of salt, since I'm not an actual BST player, but I can give you a couple tips to test out what might end up working for you. From what I can tell, you only need Tassets and Merlin on BEFORE you activate Ready to get the -Delay. More importantly, if BST pets work like Automaton, you need to be wearing pet acc/atk/TP bonus gear while the pet is actually preparing the skill, which is obviously more controllable for BST than it is for PUP. Try something that's easy to observe like Patrick's Fireball.

/equip sub "Charmer's Merlin"
/equip legs "Desultor Tassets"
/pet "Fireball" <me>
/equipset [Pet MAB] <Wait 3>
/equipset [Pet Idle]

Notice the damage, and then change the <wait 3> to a <wait 2>. Keep doing this until you find the lowest /wait command possible, to the point where there's no damage falloff from the MAB gear not being registered.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2016-03-10 08:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, in vanilla for cures 1-4, with capped FC its too fast to use fc->cast->curecast gear, you'll end up casting in fc gear. I use a hybrid set so:
/equipset [hybridcurefc]
/ma "cure [1-4]" <stal>
By dustinfoley 2016-03-10 09:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gonna throw this out there...all the time/effort getting the in game macros/gear swaps to work... you could make a very basic gear swap in about 10 minutes and save yourself the 2+ hours of timing macros.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-03-11 13:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if Porxies are Beasts or like Pixies(elemental)?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-03-11 14:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got Amalric Nails for SCH and went with path A augments (MP+60 Magic Accuracy +15 Magic Attack Bonus +15)

What I'm wondering is, would Magic Attack Bonus 25 Magic Burst Damage +9% Helios boots win on a magic bursted nuke vs Amalric?
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-11 14:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need thr MBDmg to cap, helios. Otherwisr the answer is Arbatel +1 since you should never not have klimaform up
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2016-03-12 22:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all! I'm wondering if anyone knows whether any testing has been done as to whether or not sphere effects are gained instantly by other players as soon as items are equipped or whether there is a delay. The icon is definitely delayed, but that might not mean anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-13 23:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Best options for ABC farming as BLU and GEO, respectively?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-03-13 23:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU would have a good time in https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/North_East_Apollyon
Make sure you have some piercing/blunt/slashing spells set for the Gigas.

GEO/RDM could probably put up Aquaveil/Phalanx with a DT set and run roughshod over this zone: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/North_West_Apollyon
Gather up the floor, -ara it to death.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-03-13 23:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually do NW Apollyon on BLU, just be careful of the Fafnir type mob. If you aren't in all ilevel gear he has abnormally high melee dmg for some strange reason lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-03-14 00:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Even in full ilvl gear he can tear you a new one, lol. Just remember to kill all the wyverns on the floor first and you're fine.
By Zeak 2016-03-14 01:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Best options for ABC farming as BLU and GEO, respectively?

If you already have some Coins on hand, I'd recommend just buying a Metal Chip and doing CS Apollyon I. You can easily get 200+ coins for a full 30 minute run. Both BLU and GEO can cover all the damage types you need, though they probably need a different kill order. BLU should save Orcs for last since they are slash weak, GEO should kill Yagudo last, but can also use nukes for Orc/Quadav. Going as GEO means you should also bring some form of self-healing; there's no immediate danger from any of the mobs, but you do have to survive for a half hour to get the most rewards.

As for pulling the most out of it, I actually haven't done a run in over 8 months, so you might be able to get close to 300 coins with fast enough kill speed. My strat on PUP was to kill Quadavs/Orcs first for the 10 minute time extension and save Yagudo NM for last. Basically, when you get the last NM, you spend the rest of the allotted time killing the adds they spawn, which all drop 3 or more coins. The adds seem to spawn endlessly so long as you kill the whole group, but leave the the main NM alive. Perhaps you could get more coins by pulling all three NMs at once and kill all 9 of their adds repeatedly, then kill 2 of the 3 NMs for time extension before you're kicked out, but I personally haven't tried this method. One flaw to this strat is that you can't really AoE since you risk killing the NMs anyway, so I'll leave that at your discretion.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-03-14 10:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Anyone know if Porxies are Beasts or like Pixies(elemental)?

They are beasts.
First Page 2 3 ... 425 426 427 ... 859 860 861