Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 408 409 410 ... 850 851 852
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-07 06:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossusx said: »
Knew it was semi silly asking here.
Blind luck is the honest answer went 1/60+ on mine then every pop after went 1/1 on it.
 Sylph.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2015-12-07 06:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

guys, is arII still on a 20h cooldown or anything recently changed? if that's the case, what's a spammable salvage nowadays (i dont have blu lvld yet)
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-07 06:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xijaah said: »
guys, is arII still on a 20h cooldown or anything recently changed? if that's the case, what's a spammable salvage nowadays (i dont have blu lvld yet)
Silver sea mathematically has the highest yielding Alex (And is spamable). As long as you have good AoE Clear.
 Asura.Spyderhawk
Server: Asura
By Asura.Spyderhawk 2015-12-08 00:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be a dumb question, But why doesn't my profile picture not show, it only allows me to upload an avatar file which works when posting in forums, but when i go to my actual profile, i see a blank Taru doing the /huh emote with a ?.

I guess for the obvious question, is there another place i have to upload a "profile" pic?

RE: Figured it out, thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-08 00:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Silver sea mathematically has the highest yielding Alex
Is this per unit time or theoretical max per run?
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-08 02:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the level difficulty of a fight for the High Tier Battlefields affect what can drop? I kinda want titan's club but I'm 0/25 at least and get tired of the long fight.

IE: Is N or D more likely to drop gear/weapons than E/VE?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-08 03:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Does the level difficulty of a fight for the High Tier Battlefields affect what can drop? I kinda want titan's club but I'm 0/25 at least and get tired of the long fight.

Yes, gear drop rate increases with difficulty. You will notice a big difference between E and N. If you can't solo D, I would say don't bother grouping for it as long as you can steamroll N solo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-12-08 04:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »

Yes, gear drop rate increases with difficulty. You will notice a big difference between E and N. If you can't solo D, I would say don't bother grouping for it as long as you can steamroll N solo.

You pretty much nailed it.
[+]
By Luminohelix 2015-12-09 08:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be easier to gear/play out or these jobs BLM RDM COR SCH. I need another support job to gear up main job since I can't find an event ls I'm going to have to go with one of those on my main. Any constructive feedback will help can PM or comment, thanks for reading :) <3~
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-09 08:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

COR would be the easiest. Consider that the potency of rolls is only affected by a few pieces of low-cost gear (Barataria Ring, relic hat, and some Empy pieces by roll) as well as luck. You would also want to get Empy boots upgraded as high as you can for elemental bonuses for Quick Draw. There are a few other things I'm probably forgetting, but that covers the baseline for support.

In terms of damage, you'll really want to consult the guide. A good COR can become an invaluable member for any content as both damage and support.
[+]
By Luminohelix 2015-12-09 08:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet! I'll have to take a few things from my WHM main since she used to be my cor but now stuck permanently WHM! I'll level COR! Time to be support team! Support jobs for the win ^-^! Whm Geo Cor! Thanks JeanPaul
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2015-12-09 18:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyway I could get the game and/or Playonline program without getting a window that pops up asking me if its okay for me to run it?

I'm not sure if this is the right question here or if I need to ask it somewere else. Thanks
By Luminohelix 2015-12-09 20:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I got COR to 99 today thanks for Carrot! (/w\) Now to focus on gearing up af/relic/emp!
By Artemicion 2015-12-09 20:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question:

Can augments given via Synergy (ie: Sky gear) be re-augmented or does it require a new piece of cursed gear/abj every attempt?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2015-12-10 19:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the strategy for killing Sarama?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-10 23:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
What's the strategy for killing Sarama?

Melee zerg with vex/attunement....or pet zerg.
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2015-12-11 11:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Howdy. 2 Qs please

What is the name of BCNM song and anyone know where I can find it as a ringtone?

I thought I saw an update note somewhere that one npc will buy your sparks iLvL gear (espial)...
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-11 11:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Farkle said: »
Howdy. 2 Qs please

What is the name of BCNM song and anyone know where I can find it as a ringtone?
What BCNM song...? What....?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-11 11:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Howdy. 2 Qs please

...PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound2\win\music\data\music193.bgw

You should find a converter that can process bgw into any format that your phone (or a ringtone maker app) can recognize to make it a ringtone.

Quote:
I thought I saw an update note somewhere that one npc will buy your sparks iLvL gear (espial)...

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Runje_Desaali

She accepts sparks and WKR gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2015-12-11 11:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

woohoo! Thanks Vinedrius!
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-11 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angelous said: »
Is there anyway I could get the game and/or Playonline program without getting a window that pops up asking me if its okay for me to run it?

I'm not sure if this is the right question here or if I need to ask it somewere else. Thanks

If you mean "User Account Control" popup when you start the app, control panel > system and security > change user account control settings (or just click the shortcut link on the popup page) > drag the slider all the way down and click ok (or just click the shortcut link on the popup page). This isn't recommended at all, because there is no option to make a white list for the apps you trust.

If you mean "Open File - Security Warning" popup, there is a box at the bottom that you can uncheck if you don't want Windows to ask you everytime for that app.

woohoo! Thanks Vinedrius!

You are welcome :) You can use AltanaView app if you need to identify a song file belonging to the main game, RoZ and CoP. You will see ToAU, WotG and add-on music also listed in the app, but you can't listen to them since those files were modified at some point and I don't believe there is an updated AltanaView music list among the NA/EU community that would let you listen to the music beyond CoP on the app (I would like to know if there is one). Here is a link for an AltanaView package: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33722/altana-viewer/6/#2648615
 Sylph.Limlight
By Sylph.Limlight 2015-12-11 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

with all rhap KI's (i was told that one of them strengthen's trusts, but if i'm mistaken please let me know) can amchuchu tank apex mobs and not get totally destroyed?(I don't have august yet) Or is a properly geared player tank the only way to go for apex?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-11 12:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Limlight said: »
with all rhap KI's (i was told that one of them strengthen's trusts, but if i'm mistaken please let me know) can amchuchu tank apex mobs and not get totally destroyed?(I don't have august yet) Or is a properly geared player tank the only way to go for apex?

She can. They are not much stronger than older xp mobs. The main difference is the massive HPs of the apex mobs.
By Luminohelix 2015-12-12 03:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jeanpaul Thanks for encouraging me to pick up COR. Here is what I have collected so far since It was level 18 3 days ago (about 3 days probably less) I wanted to ask if I was ready to join shout groups? with this.
Also any improvements I can do solo. Thanks again for feedback.
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-12-12 04:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid question I suppose but I'll ask anyways, does TH effect quality of coffer content?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-12 08:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Stupid question I suppose but I'll ask anyways, does TH effect quality of coffer content?

Nope. TH helps with lights in VW, thus indirectly affects the possible quality of your chest, and that is it.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-12-12 08:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminohelix said: »
@Jeanpaul Thanks for encouraging me to pick up COR. Here is what I have collected so far since It was level 18 3 days ago (about 3 days probably less) I wanted to ask if I was ready to join shout groups? with this.

This is an extremely good start. I would personally happily accept a cor with these sets.
Very nice come back for someone who's just came back :D
I'd try to get my hands on the Adhmar head (However its spelt) when you can. And Ofc those Vagary clears for they few empy pieces you may need. (I'm not actually a cor i'm just reflecting on Sehe's sets).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-12 09:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminohelix said: »

Hi Lumi,

Most of the shout groups that shout for a COR build party in a way to do enough damage even if the COR only do rolls, so you don't really need to worry about getting pt invite for now, because you're most likely to get it. But if you want to push your performance better, consider expanding the amounts of sets that you have.

Right now you only listed leaden and last stand sets as WS sets, you can put together a Requiscat/savage blade/wildfire/evi/Aeolian edge sets to increase your versatility in terms of WS choice. Req is awesome for Escha T1 Caturae NM, 1 req+ 1~2 QD can remove it's shield from my experience. Savage blade is a better alternative physical WS choice if geared right, and wildfire is useful for NM that's weak against fire damage. Evi and Aeolian Edge can be lower on the priority list though, since evi is only useful for physical WS SC and crit to break Oryx's horn, and Aeolian Edge is only good for cleaving adds.

You didn't list any QD sets, which you can work on. You can start with MAB/recast set(which is listed in COR job guide on forum) and macc/recast set for light/dark shot. If you want to push QD sets further you can build a QD stp set when you need fast tp gain, or max mab set with no recast when doing QDx2 > random deal QD x2 chaining. Or max macc if you absolutely need macc to land light/dark shots.

Finally, you may want to expand the amount of tp sets that you have. Right now you didn't list /ra sets such as preshot/mid shot, and different acc tier/hit build for /ra Tp sets. You can also create more melee Tp sets with even more acc tiers, or different DW value sets depending on how much haste you're getting.

If you melee a lot, you may also want a full pdt-/mdt- set.

Finally, phantom roll+pdt- hybrid listed on the forum are useful for RNG pt. But for most of the melee situations, I tend to do phantom roll+ melee hybrid set so don't lose as much dps when swapping to roll gears to do rolls. The difference are quit small though, since it only takes 1 sec to roll in phantom roll sets. But I'm a dps min-maxer so.... :)

Finally, if your pt want you to be a support only COR instead of DD COR, cure potency/fast cast/refresh/mp sets can be useful as well.

I know it may sound a little bit overwhelming with THIS MANY sets, but you don't need to worry about not getting invite even without 400 million gear sets, you're getting 50% of your job done with just a roll set anyways.

Hope that helps :)
By maldini 2015-12-12 09:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Havent played XI in over 2 years and XIV in over 6 months.
Is it possible to come back to what seems to be a dying population and enjoy the game in XI?
Ive always liked being at optimum output and am competitive, can someone who quit at the start of Seekers come back and make his way towards being 1337 ***or is it now impossible?
First Page 2 3 ... 408 409 410 ... 850 851 852