Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 859 860 861

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-08 02:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Any word on its WS DMG yet?
There is no known cap on the 7% afaik. Word is it only applies to the first hit from here.
Could you just sub mnk and boost like crazy? If it is affected by attack gains from buffs you should be able to get your attack high enough to easilly be able to find a cap on attack.

Sorry, I think you may have misread that a bit. That statement and link was in reference to the 7% ws damage increase. I addressed the 5% atk+ here:

Odin.Eikechi said: »
So I got my phocys korazin... It's pretty f-in sweet. My question though. Is there a known cap on the "attack +5%" stat? Atm on my drg at least (haven't checked sam), it gives like 46 attack lol. It's pretty stupid how good it is.

Going by this. It seems to cap at +50.
I did misread. sorry about that.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-08 02:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all good, I think we all do that at times. I know I do. lol
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2012-05-08 11:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just augmented my Blood Greaves with Blue Magic skill+4 and Skillchain Bonus+2% and I also have a pair of Mederi Brogues with STR+5 and Blue Magic skill+2.

My questions: In theory, would my new Blood Greaves generally beat out the Mederi if I did CDC>Amorphic Spikes? What about that spell and other spells with DEX and/or AGI mods without CA?
By Jetackuu 2012-05-08 11:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not usually on this computer and I set it up kind of fast, all my auto-translate phrases are () instead of like (Fun). No words are actually showing up, before this it was in JP, rebooted, now I rebooted again with removing a few lines from my .init and no change, any ideas?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-08 11:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'm not usually on this computer and I set it up kind of fast, all my auto-translate phrases are () instead of like (Fun). No words are actually showing up, before this it was in JP, rebooted, now I rebooted again with removing a few lines from my .init and no change, any ideas?

May be missing some dat files? The JP phrase basically says "Dictionary not found."
By Jetackuu 2012-05-08 12:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, I'll do a file check later.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-05-08 23:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that losing suppa for the ability to proc tachi: koki in an outdated area of the game is worth more than just re-doing the NM you're trying to proc red on if it indeed is tachi: koki for proc.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-05-08 23:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jailer of Temperance question about the placeholders.

Can you stay at one Zdei and kill over and over to make it pop, or do you have to move around to all 5 to find the correct one? Also, If you kill the one that is the placeholder, will it pop 100% when it respawns?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 00:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
I just augmented my Blood Greaves with Blue Magic skill+4 and Skillchain Bonus+2% and I also have a pair of Mederi Brogues with STR+5 and Blue Magic skill+2.

My questions: In theory, would my new Blood Greaves generally beat out the Mederi if I did CDC>Amorphic Spikes? What about that spell and other spells with DEX and/or AGI mods without CA?

not 100% on the math but I would say yes, considering how colossal blu skill weighs on the dmg formula. Like for example the AF body with 15 skill and 3 STR (or 5 on +1) is still the best piece despite all of the body armors with crazy STR in the game. Just mah 2 cents, plz math dudes, feel free to correct me.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-05-09 00:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is/are the npcs for the VW titles(the 3 starter nation Bosses)? I looked in BGwiki(lacks so much info still ;;) and old wiki and got nothing.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-05-09 00:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Jailer of Temperance question about the placeholders.

Can you stay at one Zdei and kill over and over to make it pop, or do you have to move around to all 5 to find the correct one? Also, If you kill the one that is the placeholder, will it pop 100% when it respawns?

I'm pretty sure I've seen them all killed at around the same time with no pop, but this was back before toau so maybe they changed it.

Although you can sit at one spawn point and repeatedly kill until it pops.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 00:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ustav said: »
Where is/are the npcs for the VW titles(the 3 starter nation Bosses)? I looked in BGwiki(lacks so much info still ;;) and old wiki and got nothing.

west gate of south sandy, bastok markets by the exit, and ummm windy is the exit by west saru, i think that's waters.... all guards are the exits out of the city.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-09 00:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

They're basically a wash for both base damage and attack for CA Amorphic, so it would come down to whether or not you're gaining a skill tier from the extra two skill.

Well, skillchain bonus would push it slightly ahead even without a skill tier as long as you don't get interrupted I guess. Mederi with CA down unless you're getting that tier.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 04:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody know if cor AF2+2 hat has "enhances phantom roll 2"? i know some of the stuff doesn't say "2" but has the 2 bonus (like sam hands).
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-09 04:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people swear it does, but so far I've only seen eyeballing, no concrete proof.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-09 04:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't be surprising, but it's difficult to test
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 04:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

like what would that bonus even be? like the regular one gives job buff to the roll if the job isn't present (with like a 33% proc rate or some jazz). I can't even really think about what a "2" would do in that situation. Like how do you further buff that? Give them an even bigger bonus? That would be very unbalanced in the case of chaos.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-09 04:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Would probably just increase the activation rate. 50% would seem about right.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 04:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

And it unfortunately doesn't even look like a good WS piece (like if that's the only reason people +2'd it)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-09 05:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Only +2 it for the Winning Streak bonus. Even if the activation rate was higher it's rather pointless cause drk and war should always be in your party to begin with. At best you'd get a use when wizarding yourself or the rare case you use Rogue but meh.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 05:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Only +2 it for the Winning Streak bonus. Even if the activation rate was higher it's rather pointless cause drk and war should always be in your party to begin with. At best you'd get a use when wizarding yourself or the rare case you use Rogue but meh.

winning streak....? da fuq? I went 5/5 snake eye and 5/5 fold... doin it wrong?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-09 05:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No, but after the merit changes coming this month there'll be no point having Fold higher than 1. This leaves room to merit the Steak.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-09 05:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

winning streak....? da fuq? I went 5/5 snake eye and 5/5 fold... doin it wrong?

I thought the same thing until I was reminded that COR is getting stupid broken merit adjustments.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 05:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh oh those...not yet in the game, gotcha
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 859 860 861