Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 859 860 861
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-07 15:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
On anything that can be stunned yes. I ran in to more mobs than I like that were completely immune, mostly new nms and the like.
I'm struggling to think of anything aside from the f20/40/etc NMs (completely immune but not really an issue) that I've had any difficulty stunning. There might be an old NM that's naturally resistant that I'm forgetting on 81+, but I'm pretty sure I successfully stunned every floor leader NM I encountered.

Regardless, bringing a BLU is definitely a good idea for Uncharted.

I only stun things when they are going to do something very damaging or I need to prevent them from using some annoying attack like amnesia or ice spikes or something. The mob I can recall right off would be the new chariots. Honestly, I didn't try much after the first few casts since time is critical and I just figured it was immune and wanted to stop wasting my time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-07 15:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I've stunned at least a few of the chariot NMs multiple times. Don't remember one being immune but it's possible I forgot or haven't fought one.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-07 15:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember the BLU in the group I was in complaining about being unable to stun a chariot, but I was always humping the rune like a champ, so I can't confirm or specify.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-07 16:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Jetackuu said: »
did anyone ever come up with a way to track/predict weather? or is the algorithm too complex?

edit: (would there possibly be a way for guildwork to track it?)

http://ff11info.com/bazaar/en/weather.php

thanks
By mortontony1 2012-05-07 17:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Once I get Ukon, is it worth keeping Upheaval merited, or can I drop it and merit Resolution?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-07 17:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheaval good for mighty strikes, but that's about it.
By mortontony1 2012-05-07 18:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So Resolution?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-05-07 18:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything changed in the past 2 months I've been gone?
Planning on playing xi again tomorrow.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-07 19:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone ever come up with a way to track/predict weather? or is the algorithm too complex?

thanks

anyone know how to read those graphs though?

I've never seen data displayed like that...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 22:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got my phocys korazin... It's pretty f-in sweet. My question though. Is there a known cap on the "attack +5%" stat? Atm on my drg at least (haven't checked sam), it gives like 46 attack lol. It's pretty stupid how good it is.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-07 22:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is a cap, drg is the last job you should be worried about on it ^^;
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 22:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

har har.. I moreso was asking for sam lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-07 22:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Whats the best way to blink out sword unsheathing?
Back when I dat modded my staves once, I didn't get get engage or disengage animations anymore. I can only assume one could specifically set up a dat mod to eliminate it. That'd be super helpful...
 Alexander.Drokin
Server: Alexander
user: drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2012-05-07 22:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks

anyone know how to read those graphs though?

I've never seen data displayed like that...

Not sure if it's what you're asking. The middle one displays all weather possible in a given zone, and the order in which the weather will happen.

The bottom one displays only a specific weather that will occur on a given day, and the duration, also based on the zone. More color horizontally is a greater frequency. More color vertically is a longer duration/more intense weather.

Sorry if my explanation sucks. It's one of those things I can understand in my head, but can't quite put into words. Or, I could even be reading the thing completely wrong.

Edit to throw in... The middle one, I should rephrase a little. I should have said, it seems to display the -most likely- weather for a given day. Since we all know there are times we're out there expecting wind and we get thunder, etc.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-07 22:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
So I got my phocys korazin... It's pretty f-in sweet. My question though. Is there a known cap on the "attack +5%" stat? Atm on my drg at least (haven't checked sam), it gives like 46 attack lol. It's pretty stupid how good it is.

Going by this. It seems to cap at +50.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 22:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Gal that's an interesting read.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-07 22:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Np ^^

Should prolly add the cap to the wiki.. I'm just so sleepy though. ~.~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-07 23:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word on its WS DMG yet?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 23:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

+7% that's actually on the item page for this site.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 23:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Wanted to ask real fast please about SMN and the ToM staves. The DMG+6 staves that BLMs use, would those have any effect on Magic attacks of avatars? I assume they will not effect the physical BPs. Also the -14% casting time, does that bonus also apply to the pet element?

Thank you.

I'm not a smn, but I would right now say no. There is a "pet: MAB+ staff" specifically (its on the ice path). It has the pet bonus listed right on the staff. There would be no need for that staff whatsoever, since there is an MAB+ staff as well. Yet there are seperate staves. Any time you want the pet to have the bonus (atmas aside) the gear itself has to say pet:buff on it, or avatar:buff
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-07 23:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no known cap on the 7% afaik. Word is it only applies to the first hit from here.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kingbribant
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kingbribant 2012-05-07 23:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got Tachi: Fudo Tonight. Which would be a better belt, Beir+1 with 9STR or a ele belt (Light/Snow)?
By Jetackuu 2012-05-07 23:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Drokin said: »

Not sure if it's what you're asking. The middle one displays all weather possible in a given zone, and the order in which the weather will happen.

The bottom one displays only a specific weather that will occur on a given day, and the duration, also based on the zone. More color horizontally is a greater frequency. More color vertically is a longer duration/more intense weather.

Sorry if my explanation sucks. It's one of those things I can understand in my head, but can't quite put into words. Or, I could even be reading the thing completely wrong.

Edit to throw in... The middle one, I should rephrase a little. I should have said, it seems to display the -most likely- weather for a given day. Since we all know there are times we're out there expecting wind and we get thunder, etc.

ah I wasn't sure what all the color was at the bottom, I see fire weather is elusive as hell and some weather just isn't available to ep mobs (75+)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 23:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kingbribant said: »
So I just got Tachi: Fudo Tonight. Which would be a better belt, Beir+1 with 9STR or a ele belt (Light/Snow)?

there are entire threads for that, but Beir+1 basically
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-08 00:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
There is no known cap on the 7% afaik. Word is it only applies to the first hit from here.
Could you just sub mnk and boost like crazy? If it is affected by attack gains from buffs you should be able to get your attack high enough to easilly be able to find a cap on attack.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-08 00:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Could you just sub mnk and boost like crazy? If it is affected by attack gains from buffs you should be able to get your attack high enough to easilly be able to find a cap on attack.

Sorry, I think you may have misread that a bit. That statement and link was in reference to the 7% ws damage increase. I addressed the 5% atk+ here:

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Going by this. It seems to cap at +50.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-08 01:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. I'm asking for confirmation on that statement. It's the word, but it hasn't been verified for well over a month.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 859 860 861