Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 859 860 861

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Darkei
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2012-05-06 21:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question, need clear the first cities for doing Zilart VW?
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 21:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkei said: »
quick question, need clear the first cities for doing Zilart VW?
Nope.
 Odin.Sukuba
Server: Odin
user: Sukuba
By Odin.Sukuba 2012-05-07 03:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

VW question here.

I'm trying to get the Hyacinth stratum abyssite from Owain, but he's not giving it to me nor a CS. I haven't done much VW at all, but I do have an indigo abyssite III from sometime ago. Am I missing a CS somewhere?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Krysanthia
Server: Asura
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-05-07 03:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Random Question: Who does this character belong to? Name is Lauralyna. Buys items from the Auction House and then NPC's them for more gil. It's because of this person that some songs were not available to me, as well as some gear because they are always out of stock. Tried checking here on FFXIAH , but their info is hidden. *** lame who ever you are, not cool D:

I've noticed the same thing too Yojimmbo...its ticking me off!
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-05-07 03:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Question: Who does this character belong to? Name is Lauralyna. Buys items from the Auction House and then NPC's them for more gil. It's because of this person that some songs were not available to me, as well as some gear because they are always out of stock. Tried checking here on FFXIAH , but their info is hidden. *** lame who ever you are, not cool D:

Send the sellers a /tell instead.
 Asura.Krysanthia
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-05-07 03:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sukuba said: »
VW question here.

I'm trying to get the Hyacinth stratum abyssite from Owain, but he's not giving it to me nor a CS. I haven't done much VW at all, but I do have an indigo abyssite III from sometime ago. Am I missing a CS somewhere?

You might not have finished the Bastok missions /cs's etc linked to that Indigo abyssite III..it may be due to that otherwise I have no clue.Check your quest/missions list an see what is still lingering:)
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-05-07 03:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

VW question here.

You're rank 2. Either get rank 3+ or change to a nation where you are rank3+.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-05-07 03:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ryuotas said: »
Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
Need to recap cooking to 110 but am clueless as to how to go about it. Anyone have a link to anything that can help?

Blue Gartr Wiki - Cooking

Good reply.

BG Wiki's Clothcraft recipes don't seem to be updated (it doesn't even have the level 80-100 recipes at this time). GamerEscape/FFXiclopedia lacks the new Expert level (101-110) Cloth recipes as well. Anyone have any links to the Clothcraft Expert level recipes by chance?
 Asura.Krysanthia
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-05-07 03:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said: »
VW question here.

You're rank 2. Either get rank 3+ or change to a nation where you are rank3+.

Didn't even think of that one! Gl Sukuba!:)
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-05-07 03:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you mix belt/gorgets? Say a WS is affected by soil and shadow, can you have the shadow belt with the soil gorget and have the same effect as them being the same element?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 03:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Can you mix belt/gorgets? Say a WS is affected by soil and shadow, can you have the shadow belt with the soil gorget and have the same effect as them being the same element?

yes, as both gorgets/belts affects those elements. so mixing is kosher
[+]
 Odin.Sukuba
By Odin.Sukuba 2012-05-07 03:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I just switched over to Bastok too. I'll have to do that rank mission really quick then.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sukuba
By Odin.Sukuba 2012-05-07 04:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Krysanthia and Yarly for the responses.

The rank 3 did it.
 Leviathan.Celille
Server: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2012-05-07 04:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krysanthia said: »

I've noticed the same thing too Yojimmbo...its ticking me off!

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »

Send the sellers a /tell instead.

I don't even know how to approach this. It's bugging me that this person is just buying and selling. If I were to report it to a GM I'm assuming that they would just tell me that this person is not doing anything wrong. If I send this person a /tell, what's to stop this person from either mocking me or just ignoring me? I want to leave it alone but then again, how many other people had to put up with the same thing. I'm going to sleep on it. smh

This is a bot, no it won't get banned when you report it, no you can't make it go away, just deal with it. SE treats it like a fish bot since it actually helps put gil back into it's f'ed up economy so they won't ban it as long as the person using it isn't bloating their crap in front of everyone. It's been going on since the beginning of FFXI so really idk what to say.

And honestly, if you need something that generally vendors more than ppl AH it for then my bet is the item is either extremely common or a PoS. So my suggestion is go farm it or live without it.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-07 04:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. If you need a common item that bad, go farm it if it's never in. It's the sad truth :/
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-07 06:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for the Uncharted veterans(so to speak): would dragoon work for it? Or better, would you take it honestly? Cause the only high level jobs I have are cor, thf, whm, pup and with drg/blu being the closest to the top. I wouldn't want to level sam or drk only for this if possible <.< (not even considering sch), and I've heard mixed opinions about blu.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-07 07:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I run with a drg and I go on blu. I'm pretty well geared almace and the like and the drg is very well geared.

Blu has a high utility, particularly when you get ws restrictions or whm restrictions.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-07 08:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Question for the Uncharted veterans(so to speak): would dragoon work for it? Or better, would you take it honestly? Cause the only high level jobs I have are cor, thf, whm, pup and with drg/blu being the closest to the top. I wouldn't want to level sam or drk only for this if possible <.< (not even considering sch), and I've heard mixed opinions about blu.

Our set regularly runs with a thf. Granted, He's a 99 mandau thf with great gear and an impressive desire to prove himself, but he's a thf nontheless. I would recommend that if you're vehemently against leveling a job just for nyzul. Thf/dnc can still put out decent dps while being able to maneuver quickly. They're a peach for aggroing on "do not destroy" floors, and good for a non-sprinter flee back to the lamp on code floors.

Realistically while the idea of /mage dragoon seems plausable for the curative and debuff removal (if you /whm) you still have a detriment to your haste. A sam/dnc has the benefit of hasso and haste samba on top of gear haste and embrava/magic haste. The drg/mage would have no job ability haste and be only able to provide the sch some relief in hasting everyone.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-05-07 09:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think he actually meant DRG sub BLU. I read it as DRG and BLU being his nearest to 99 DD jobs.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-07 09:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu is incredible for nyzul, stunlocking everything and dispelling flayers spikes saves so much time.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-07 09:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

On anything that can be stunned yes. I ran in to more mobs than I like that were completely immune, mostly new nms and the like.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-07 10:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always thought blu is among the best Nyzul jobs too, but I've heard also people saying that it's not good enough for Uncharted so it made me rethink about my possibilities. Thanks for the input so far anyway.
By Jetackuu 2012-05-07 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone ever come up with a way to track/predict weather? or is the algorithm too complex?

edit: (would there possibly be a way for guildwork to track it?)

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-07 10:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
did anyone ever come up with a way to track/predict weather? or is the algorithm too complex?

edit: (would there possibly be a way for guildwork to track it?)

http://ff11info.com/bazaar/en/weather.php
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-07 14:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
On anything that can be stunned yes. I ran in to more mobs than I like that were completely immune, mostly new nms and the like.
I'm struggling to think of anything aside from the f20/40/etc NMs (completely immune but not really an issue) that I've had any difficulty stunning. There might be an old NM that's naturally resistant that I'm forgetting on 81+, but I'm pretty sure I successfully stunned every floor leader NM I encountered.

Regardless, bringing a BLU is definitely a good idea for Uncharted.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-07 14:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I think I'll just keep working on my blu at this point~
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 859 860 861