Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 258 259 260 ... 859 860 861
 Bismarck.Arkhelyi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Arkhelyi
By Bismarck.Arkhelyi 2014-03-04 08:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not active at the moment but I participated to the login campaign that just finished. From the reward list, I don't see anything that stands out to get, any advice?

Note: i have some mules on same account so sellable/transferable items a plus.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-04 08:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arkhelyi said: »
Not active at the moment but I participated to the login campaign that just finished. From the reward list, I don't see anything that stands out to get, any advice?

Note: i have some mules on same account so sellable/transferable items a plus.

Wasn't such a great 1 tbh, only really sacred seals or pop items for kings. Spending them all on seals since I just came back myself.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-03-04 11:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a fisherman and a craftsman, can always get dwarf pugils. Get bait for matsayas without taking time away from hakuryu fishing. At least that's my plan for the leftover points I have (after the usual "grab a shank" and "do I need any more abyssea items?")
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-04 11:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If I don't have the mythic WS for the mythic weapon that I've turned in, will I get the WS for the Forging a New Myth quest? I don't have Tachi: Rana and I doubt I'll waste my time getting it before I finish Kogarasumaru.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-03-04 11:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't ever need to unlock the mythic WS to complete a mythic weapon. You are given the WS during the Balrahn fight.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-05 01:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 313182

With self haste does this set hit the recast cap?
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-03-05 03:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »

Total Gear Haste : 27%, assume whatever fractional values they total is enough for 256/1024. Self adds 150/1024 for 406/1024.

Fast Cast : 30%(Red Mage Native)+12+12+7+5+4+2(from gear..unless I'm missing something)=72%; 36% Fast Recast.

45 * 60 = 2700
Fast Cast : 2700*(1-0.36)=1728
Haste : 1728 *(1024-406)/1024=1042.875
Floor down to 1042
1042/60=17.366 seconds.

Short Answer, not even close. Notable improvements would be Marches(I'm assuming this is posted with the intent of lowman Delve and such..so hopefully wouldn't be too hard to get you those). Assuming Ghorn that would cap your magic haste and should get you to 9 seconds flat. Additionally Apajamas II would kick up your recast to 50% and kick you down to 7 seconds. The best non-SCH you could hope for is about 6.5 seconds, which would just involve you using the above adjustments and milking out the extra 8% fast cast you're missing.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-05 04:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Since meeble burrows wasn't around when i played, what would be a good way to farm Reasearch Marks to aim for the Letalis Mantle?

Edit: After looking I'd need to complete everything I guess, is it worth the time/could I do it trio even?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-05 04:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »
Since meeble burrows wasn't around when i played, what would be a good way to farm Reasearch Marks to aim for the Letalis Mantle?

Edit: After looking I'd need to complete everything I guess, is it worth the time/could I do it trio even?
The content is fairly easy to do, but you need some other players (not multibox) to complete a number of the objectives at the 'Goal 3' rank to be able to unlock buying it. This is mainly due to the mechanics of traveling the map, needing to kill monsters at the same time in 2 places within a few seconds of each other, etc.

I made a static with friends to do it and it takes a few weeks due to the buildup rate on the phermone KI items and the rate at which you farm marks.
If you don't have a static, its a very pickup group friendly invite type event, people are so well geared now in iLevel gear you arent going to have people dying etc, its more about teamwork and communication for alot of the expeditions.

I still use my letalis mantle a lot and consider all the time I spent in meebles to get the cape worth it. There is alot of relevant game content where you just can't get enough ACC (delve and hard mode skc/aa/dm).
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-05 04:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »

Total Gear Haste : 27%, assume whatever fractional values they total is enough for 256/1024. Self adds 150/1024 for 406/1024.

Fast Cast : 30%(Red Mage Native)+12+12+7+5+4+2(from gear..unless I'm missing something)=72%; 36% Fast Recast.

45 * 60 = 2700
Fast Cast : 2700*(1-0.36)=1728
Haste : 1728 *(1024-406)/1024=1042.875
Floor down to 1042
1042/60=17.366 seconds.

Short Answer, not even close. Notable improvements would be Marches(I'm assuming this is posted with the intent of lowman Delve and such..so hopefully wouldn't be too hard to get you those). Assuming Ghorn that would cap your magic haste and should get you to 9 seconds flat. Additionally Apajamas II would kick up your recast to 50% and kick you down to 7 seconds. The best non-SCH you could hope for is about 6.5 seconds, which would just involve you using the above adjustments and milking out the extra 8% fast cast you're missing.
Hmm~ just curious, how does the math go exactly for recast? I went kinda dumb with it and just did...

Recast-((Fast Cast/2)+Haste)=Final Recast

Which obviously isn't how it goes. :x
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-03-05 04:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm~ just curious, how does the math go exactly for recast? I went kinda dumb with it and just did...

Recast-((Fast Cast/2)+Haste)=Final Recast

Which obviously isn't how it goes. :x

1. Multiply base cast time by 60
2. Fast Cast step, so multiply result from (1) by (1-FastCast/2). Floor the result.
3. Haste Step, (1024-HasteFractionValue)/1024, or (1-HastePercentValue) times your result from (2), floor this result. Obviously using the 1024 value is more precise but frankly using the percent value shouldn't skew your results too bad(in the case you're capped from gear, magic, or both, we know what the actual percent is anyways)
4. Dark Arts/Alacrity Step if applicable.
5. Divide out the 60 again
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-05 05:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So~...

Base*60
(Result*(1-FastCast/2))Floor
(Result*(1024-Haste)/1024)Floor
Result*DarkArts/Alacrity Multiplier
Result/60
Final Recast

So where does the trial staff come in at?
 Bismarck.Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-03-05 05:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial is added in at fast cast step(but not divided by 2, obviously), as far as I know it also isn't held under the 40% reduction cap(which is just a product of the fact that fast cast caps at 80%), so you can max this step out at 54% using the staff and capped fast cast.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-05 05:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, cool. The staff was one of the bigger points of confusion for me when it came to all of this since I figured it was probably a special step. Either way, thanks for the help. ^_^
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-05 13:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the seemingly obvious question.. since aa drops are direct drops and not from a box, does th help?
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-03-05 14:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else notice Kyujutsugi has a Regen/Refresh+1 effect? >_______________> FFXI is hard for me Q_Q
By Leoheart 2014-03-05 17:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit behind recently, but how does the new-ish "Magic Damage +" stat factor into spells, is it added on to the base damage of a spell or does it function similar to mab?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-03-05 18:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a raw number added to the damage of the spell. Essentially, factor in all the usual suspects into the equation just like before (dINT, MAB, resist, partial resist), then take what the spell was going to hit for and directly add the +magic damage number on the weapon to that computed number.

So if we assume your Blizzard III was going to hit for 1034 in a gearset that included INT +12 and MAB +25, then took off gear totaling those stats and you used an Atinian Staff (INT +12, MAB +25, magic damage +195), it will now land for 1229

(struck thru-proper explanation below)

--I just came back at the beginning of November after leaving at the beginning of April- so I missed the entire release of SoA, Delve/Skirmish/Reive, and iLvl gear except for RoE and Reforged gear. I'm sure those who lived through the release of that stat will have the best grasp of the change of tactics I'm about to mention. But don't waste time like I did, and learn this: nuking is a lot about DoT now, not our biggest hitting spells because of the "magic damage" stat. I understand not always, and again I'm sure others will/can espouse on this. But your MP pool casting a stack of Stone I's deals a helluva lot more damage than 1 Burst II now.

Food for thought, and possibly a conversation starter among those more knowledgeable than I.
[+]
By Leoheart 2014-03-05 18:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
It's a raw number added to the damage of the spell. Essentially, factor in all the usual suspects into the equation just like before (dINT, MAB, resist, partial resist), then take what the spell was going to hit for and directly add the +magic damage number on the weapon to that computed number.

So if we assume your Blizzard III was going to hit for 1034 in a gearset that included INT +12 and MAB +25, then took off gear totaling those stats and you used an Atinian Staff (INT +12, MAB +25, magic damage +195), it will now land for 1229.

Great, thanks :)
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-03-05 18:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So if we assume your Blizzard III was going to hit for 1034 in a gearset that included INT +12 and MAB +25, then took off gear totaling those stats and you used an Atinian Staff (INT +12, MAB +25, magic damage +195), it will now land for 1229.
You're saying Magic Damage is added to the end of a spell when in fact it is added to the base damage of a spell before MAB is even applied, which is the entire reason it increases spells such as those from the Helix line so well. It adds to the base damage(the "D" term) of a spell before Affinity/MAB and a range of other variables are even applied to its damage.

Essentially, spells that have a low base damage (Helix spells, low tier nukes etc) have their Base damage increased directly through the use of Magic Damage gear which then allows the spells to be more heavily modified by MAB and other multipliers later in the equation which is why you'll notice Tier I nukes jump from ~300-500 Damage to ~1000 damage when you begin to equip Ilvl staves.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-03-05 18:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

(struck through for inaccuracy)

You're saying Magic Damage is added to the end of a spell when in fact it is added to the base damage of a spell before MAB is even applied, which is the entire reason it increases spells such as those from the Helix line so well. It adds to the base damage(the "D" term) of a spell before Affinity/MAB and a range of other variables are even applied to its damage.

Essentially, spells that have a low base damage (Helix spells, low tier nukes etc) have their Base damage increased directly through the use of Magic Damage gear which then allows the spells to be more heavily modified by MAB and other multipliers later in the equation which is why you'll notice Tier I nukes jump from ~300-500 Damage to ~1000 damage when you begin to equip Ilvl staves.

Thank you! this is why I said I have been gone a while and I was hoping to get more info on not just the math, but the theory behind it.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-03-05 18:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a problem. Now if SE would just add some Pet: Magic Damage+ gear and make it so Automatons would spam tier 1 spells instead of Tier 5 spells I would enjoy the stat more~.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-03-05 18:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I find the stat a bit sad. Melees "grow up", if you will, and use their high tier weaponskills. Mages now "grow up" and no longer use AM2, -ja and -aga3 spells...we use tier 1. Just doesn't jive with me.

We work with what we get. Oh well.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-03-05 18:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Your DPS is also severely limited by the forced delay between spells (3 seconds).

lolSE!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-06 06:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »

Easily trio'd by MNK/dnc or /war, THF/dnc, and SCH.

I do it with my static with 3 and usually farm the KI's needed + kill mega boss in a total of 2 hour.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2014-03-06 06:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Josiahkf said: »
Personally, I find the stat a bit sad. Melees "grow up", if you will, and use their high tier weaponskills. Mages now "grow up" and no longer use AM2, -ja and -aga3 spells...we use tier 1. Just doesn't jive with me.

We work with what we get. Oh well.
This is a much higher dps and cost per second than Blm has ever been, I appreciate the efficiency in the least. I am tired of years spamming cookies or using Humpty Dumpty effigys

Oh I know. I just mean the design is backwards. It would be like a dagger user spamming viper bite instead of extenerator.
 Leviathan.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2014-03-06 08:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, after a year break i'm back to finish up some sidegrades. My ? is, since you can enter salvage now solo, does anyone know if they changed pop conditions on some nms'. currently i'm after my 3rd piece for marduk body and the frog i need requires 3 members to have full pathos removal. Now my ? is if i enter solo or say with a thf friend, do i still have this same requirement or did SE also allow us to pop this with just one person full pathos removal. In the past doing only 1 person pops the frog in the south, i need the one in north 5th floor. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, i assume i'm gonna have to find a 3rd though.
 Cerberus.Toknherb
Server: Cerberus
user: Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-03-07 06:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this log-in campaign (No.9) going to be the last campaign ?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-07 06:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SE haven't suggested at all that it would be and they don't really have any reason to stop doing the log in campaigns so while I can't give a definitive answer, I would suspect not.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 258 259 260 ... 859 860 861