Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 256 257 258 ... 859 860 861
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-02-25 08:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a bit outdated because SE has been playing with the formulas for the last year, but this is approximately how "- D -" works:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Enmity#Enmity_from_Damage_Dealt
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-02-25 09:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
This is a bit outdated because SE has been playing with the formulas for the last year, but this is approximately how "- D -" works:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Enmity#Enmity_from_Damage_Dealt

I think Martel was working on getting some current modifiers for damage but I'm not sure if he ever finished. I'll have to poke him and find out which ones he did. I want to say he was working on lvl 111-113 and trying to scale up to see what kind of changes we saw.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-25 19:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
2. Yesterday i got a coffer rank up in a delve low man (after i killed a nm) but unfortunelly we didnt kill tojil. Someone know how this affect the final reward?
pretty sure this is a bug related to skirmish, been a lot of maint on cirdas and every time it occurs there are no plasm messages for the rest of the run(though you still get the plasm)

have not noticed any difference in drops
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-25 19:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

well, the coffer message comes from skirmish and presumably isn't intended to be in delve

so i would assume the bug is related to skirmish(or they're sending the wrong message ID and pulling skirmish stuff instead of delve)

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-25 20:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question:

2 dark rings similar, the only diference is that one have -5% breath dmg and the other is -2 enemy crit. What would you keep?

Breaths attacks arent so common are they?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-25 20:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

would keep -5 BDT because -2 enemy crit rate is completely inconsequential. remember, something doesn't need to be called "X Breath" to be considered breath damage.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-02-26 02:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Breath so!
+34645g and inv +1.
Thanks for the input.
By Leoheart 2014-02-27 10:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Becoming bored with XIV now, so I'm currently downloading XI again, having not played since maybe just after delve release.

A few things I think I had when I left was some Salvage +1 gear, a few pieces of mikinaak and Delve accessories and maybe a couple million gil but that's it.

Seeing how all of my gear is most likely outdated now, where's the best place to start, I realise farming sparks or maybe Reforging AF would be a good start but I'd like to hear some opinions, thanks!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Leoheart 2014-02-27 10:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Josiahfk said: »
Leoheart said: »
Becoming bored with XIV now, so I'm currently downloading XI again, having not played since maybe just after delve release.

A few things I think I had when I left was some Salvage +1 gear, a few pieces of mikinaak and Delve accessories and maybe a couple million gil but that's it.

Seeing how all of my gear is most likely outdated now, where's the best place to start, I realise farming sparks or maybe Reforging AF would be a good start but I'd like to hear some opinions, thanks!
sacrificial chamber

Wonderful :) I can finally throw away my unlit lantern lol
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-02-27 11:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had an issue lately with vanilla chat logs not showing mob TP moves? With all filters off, I'm not seeing 20-25% of the spells/TP moves.
 Valefor.Oxt
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-02-27 11:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Has anyone had an issue lately with vanilla chat logs not showing mob TP moves? With all filters off, I'm not seeing 20-25% of the spells/TP moves.

Yes, and also when I do "Horns of War" - I don't always see the dmg after getting hit with a TP move. Not sure what's going on.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-27 11:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
So, someone has a conclusion about the skirmish+1 gear augment system? If its as crap as the first one?

I say crap taling a personal example, when i tried to augment hagondes sabot with mab, spend 4 stacks of +1 and not a single point of mab appeared, while pet mab, racc, ratt were very frequent, leading to think that for some pieces, the some kind of augments are more likely to appear, while others have a small chance.

So, with the new gear, the probabilty of all augments are evenly distributed?

Thanks.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-03-01 06:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternator V.s. Em. Animator ?

Which be best for a PUP 99 fully skilled ?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-03-01 07:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Just check ilvl note in the description box to get your answer...
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-03-01 07:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the dumb question, but do the "NQ-only" crafting rings (e.g. smith's ring) suppress HQ results on any synth (from any recipe/crafting discipline) or just for recipes for that specific guild?

I honestly have never once bothered trying to use it for anything other than the specific guild synths, but see the potential value of using the rings in that way (at least until SE allows many more +1-version-items to be used in recipes/quests, a la FFXIV, and not just in a few select Goldsmithing ones.)
 Phoenix.Yidhra
Server: Phoenix
user: Mhi1
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-03-01 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre-cast set question:
Looking over sets on a few jobs I normally see 'fast cast', and casting time -x% gear. but sometimes see haste% gear on recast sets. Does using haste gear work for pre-cast sets as well? ie if slot has more haste% than spellcast -% is that better for precast set?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-01 14:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Yidhra said: »
Pre-cast set question:
Looking over sets on a few jobs I normally see 'fast cast', and casting time -x% gear. but sometimes see haste% gear on recast sets. Does using haste gear work for pre-cast sets as well? ie if slot has more haste% than spellcast -% is that better for precast set?

no. fast cast and casting time -% in the precast set, haste in the midcast set
[+]
By Sylfeya 2014-03-01 15:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Sorry for the dumb question, but do the "NQ-only" crafting rings (e.g. smith's ring) suppress HQ results on any synth (from any recipe/crafting discipline) or just for recipes for that specific guild?

I can confirm it's possible to get HQs on recipes that are clearly not related to your guild (eg. I have the NQ-only CC ring, I can still get HQs on cooking recipes that don't involve CC at all).

I cannot confirm whether it's possible to get HQs on recipes that use your guild as a subcraft (eg. if I were to attempt a LC recipe that uses CC as a subcraft).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Presidentmerman 2014-03-01 20:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure its been covered but i dont recall, does magic damage+ affect swipe and lunge?
By Selindrile 2014-03-01 20:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Approximately how much Attack is needed to cap in Legion?
By Daemythos 2014-03-01 22:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you go about making skirmish amour +1'ed?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-01 22:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Get key item from Ra'Kaznar skirmish -> trade piece of armor to augment taru -> choose "Transmute"
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-03-02 08:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How far would a mule need to have progressed to be able to buy Wyrmseeker Areuhat from the salvage NPC?

Do you need to flag the mythic quest first?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-03-02 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
How far would a mule need to have progressed to be able to buy Wyrmseeker Areuhat from the salvage NPC?

Do you need to flag the mythic quest first?
You need to flag that part of the mythic quest before it becomes available. So just need to have the title quest done.
First Page 2 3 ... 256 257 258 ... 859 860 861