Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 234 235 236 ... 860 861 862
By Pantafernando 2013-11-21 12:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

grimreaperx said: »
has anyone received any hexed pieces from the monarch linn high kindred crest fight this time around, just want confirmation it still drops, thanks.

Yes. Got a hexed hands last week and a scarletite ingot.
Does the abjuration drop here also?
 Asura.Arcwar
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: arcanum
By Asura.Arcwar 2013-11-21 13:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

any word yet if they will make FFXI free to play?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-11-21 22:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a working version of kparser somewhere or program similar to it? I'm aware of scoreboard, but it doesn't have what I need at the moment.

Edit: I found this post and apparently it helps towards fixing kparser, but I don't know where to put that. :/ Anyone able to help?

Edit again: Fixed it. Answer on the first page of the linked thread.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2013-11-21 22:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to clarify or link to what I am hearing about being able to skip NM stage for Empy weapons? :o
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-21 22:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said: »
Anyone able to clarify or link to what I am hearing about being able to skip NM stage for Empy weapons? :o

I haven't done it so I am going off hearsay. When you go to the box next to the magian moogle to get your base weapon, you can get one for each type that is a -1 version of the final Walk of Echoes weapon. You can the trade it and the original amounts of Coins, Die and Residues required and have the complete lvl 99 WoE weapon.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2013-11-21 22:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Many thanks to the both of you!
 Odin.Sukuba
Server: Odin
user: Sukuba
By Odin.Sukuba 2013-11-21 22:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about Mandau lv119.

Does anyone have numbers of Mercy Stroke with it? Either on high level mobs or trash. Anything would be appreciated :p Not much luck finding it myself poking around. I'm also curious if the weaponskill damage +40% is still on it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-21 22:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sukuba said: »

Does anyone have numbers of Mercy Stroke with it? Either on high level mobs or trash. Anything would be appreciated :p Not much luck finding it myself poking around. I'm also curious if the weaponskill damage +40% is still on it.

Can't vouch for damage numbers, but yes, both mythic and relic modifiers are still on the 119 version.
 Odin.Sukuba
user: Sukuba
By Odin.Sukuba 2013-11-21 23:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Odin.Sukuba said: »

Can't vouch for damage numbers, but yes, both mythic and relic modifiers are still on the 119 version.

I'd imagine it to be pretty high. I hope I don't disappoint myself in thinking it will be amazing. lol

Thanks for the answer!
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Server: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-11-21 23:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Awesome , ty

but still doesn't answer this:

1)Baqil Staff > Atinian Staff for Nuking

Seems kind of obvious though

Atinian
INT/MND + 12
MAB+25
Magic Damage + 195
Staff/Parrying + 215
Magic Accuracy + 203

vs

Bquil
INT/MND + 12
MAB + 22
Magic Damage + 173
Staff/Parrying + 188
Magic Accuracy + 177
Enmity -5

Unless you're meleeing a lot or need that extra drop in Enmity, the Atinian staff is going to be better, especially for lower damage nukes. Though I'd wonder how much of a difference the "Enhances 'Elemental Seal' Effect" would be for a BLM Since you're not using it during every casting, and since I play SCH the Atinian Staff would better suit me anyways.

Baquil of course is free and looks cooler.

(And on a side note, not sure if the extra Damage/Delay on the Baquil staff is enough to outweigh the +27 difference in staff/parrying skill, if you ever melee with it.)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-22 11:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

On sch, with my gear build, the Enhance Elemental Seal damage boost only netted me 10-12 damage on tier 5 nukes. Also, since typically ES isn't used to help nuke damage, but to help enfeebling spells land unresisted, I do to see how this staff is really on any practical use.
By Pantafernando 2013-11-22 11:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
On sch, with my gear build, the Enhance Elemental Seal damage boost only netted me 10-12 damage on tier 5 nukes. Also, since typically ES isn't used to help nuke damage, but to help enfeebling spells land unresisted, I do to see how this staff is really on any practical use.

Unlike atinian, baqil staff can be equiped by rdm. So, if you dont consider buramenkah, staff wise, baqil is the best weapon for rdm. Supposing you sub blm, prob that staff should allow, if sp2 can stack with elemental seal, the highest macc in game. Maybe even allowing sleeping nms in new bcnm hardcore mode.
Also that staff is the best nuking one for rdm.
It has some limited uses, but still, a special staff, at leats atm.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2013-11-22 12:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to clear voidwatch bastok. I still have Murk-veined Baneberry, Melancholic Moira and Celano left. Is it possible to solo these 3 mobs? I can use bst to solo Celano but I'm not too sure about the stabby Tonberry and the AOE extremely bad breath morbol.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-23 08:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Unlike atinian, baqil staff can be equiped by rdm. So, if you dont consider buramenkah, staff wise, baqil is the best weapon for rdm. Supposing you sub blm, prob that staff should allow, if sp2 can stack with elemental seal, the highest macc in game. Maybe even allowing sleeping nms in new bcnm hardcore mode.

Yea, I forgot about the RDM aspect of it. It is such a forgotten and overlooked job by most people.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-23 08:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ES already caps macc on anything that won't fully resist as far as we know, or adds a large enough macc boost that it doesn't matter. Why the *** would you stack ES and SP2? Both are "100% macc" type JA, with the RDM sp landing on some things that normally wouldn't. Anyone can go naked /blm 0skill and ES sleepga the mobs in the hardmode BCNMs.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-11-23 08:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing the ES effect would be better for Impact than something like Atinian.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-23 10:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Stymie shouldn't work with Impact at all because it's classified as Elemental Magic. As RDM/BLM before iLVL I was able to ES impact full duration against Tojil with a modestly high Macc setup. I can't imagine that an amazing amount of additional JA's would be needed to land enfeebles on anything for a well geared RDM.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-23 10:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again, ES absolutely caps macc. Stymie works a little differently and lets you bypass some immunities, like sleep on skeletons.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-23 16:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

does namas remove koga am
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-11-23 16:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yup
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-23 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

google 10 min, find nothing

ask rqt, get definitive answer in 90 seconds

tyvm
By xaniko 2013-11-23 16:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming back to game after 1 year hiatus. Starting a new char, anyone have an updated leveling guide? GoV of Fov camps to solo? Cannot find ppl to do abyssea or Gusgen.

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Vasch
user: heykojiro
By Bismarck.Vasch 2013-11-24 15:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to figure out something in spellcast and I would appreciate some help.

I'd like to get it so that I can hit a variable toggle macro that would make my TP set swap over to a DT set while the variable was active. This would allow me to WS and w/e as usual without having to tap the DT set each time. Is there any way to do this easily?
 Sylph.Yviee
Server: Sylph
user: Yvelle
By Sylph.Yviee 2013-11-24 20:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone point me to the thread about the new Af+2 fights and/or information about them? Please and thank you!
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-11-24 23:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Yviee said: »
Can anyone point me to the thread about the new Af+2 fights and/or information about them? Please and thank you!

Entry requirements etc here.

Post deleted by User.
By xaniko 2013-11-26 07:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

xaniko said: »
Coming back to game after 1 year hiatus. Starting a new char, anyone have an updated leveling guide? GoV of Fov camps to solo? Cannot find ppl to do abyssea or Gusgen.

Thanks!

<Help me out!>
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-11-26 11:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

<Help me out!>

Coalition assignments are an easy and quick exp boost for low levels. Beyond that, soloing GoV, or keying an abyssea party are probably your only hope until you can carry some weight on your own out there.

First Page 2 3 ... 234 235 236 ... 860 861 862