Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 228 229 230 ... 860 861 862

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By duos 2013-10-15 17:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alpheus said: »
I mained WHM myself as my main job/progression job but RDM would require nice enfeebling sets. Granted I'm speaking mostly from the perspective of you getting in on that slot in Delve Boss runs versus established RDMs who already have those nice enfeeble sets. They did make enfeebling easier by offering weapons like Soothsayer to RDM and even the best RDM sword atm offers decent M.Acc despite being a sword although I believe Soothsayer edges it out though since the Devs weighted the M.Acc bonus distribution to be higher on traditional Mage Weapons.

Having said all that RDM can be a decent addition to a Yorcia Skirmish party with a mix of some Pre SoA gear pieces and Bayld gear. And you'll definitely wanna hit Skirmish first since it offers really competent gear for the effort. You'll want both the Hagondes set and some pieces of the Gende set as well. Also you may want to look into getting a Lehbralig(sp?) the skirmish staff weapon which drops from skirmish as well. you'll wanna +1 it with a KI you get for completing a Yorcia Skirmish. Then Aug it with stones for M.Acc and boom you have a upgrade to Chatoyant. Even without Augments it has decent item lvl so it will give you quite a bit of M.Acc.

MAJOR EDIT!!!!!1111!!: I believe after some reading that Lehbrahlig might actually be pretty damn close to Soothsayer's M.Acc so could prob save yourself the trouble of buying one with plasm and aug'ing it. At the very least Lehbrahlig should be very serviceable for M.Acc needs.

That helped me alot, cheers Alpheus.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2013-10-16 01:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
I can't say that this will work, but it's worth a shot

Find your resources xml folder, mine is at
C:\Users\Customer\Downloads\Windower4\plugins\resources

Duplicate/backup items_armor.xml.

Open the file and search for the text Cizin-Reithose, replace that whole line with one of the following three. Any might work, only one might, none might.

I bolded how each line is different from the original, for clarity.

<i id="28192" enl="Cizin breeches" fr="Grègues de cizin" frl="paire de grègues de cizin" de="Cizin-Reithose" del="Cizin-Reithose" jp="キィジンブリーチズ" jpl="" jobs="00004182" races="01FE" level="99" targets="None" casttime="0" recast="0">Cizin Greaves</i>

<i id="28192" enl="Cizin greaves" fr="Grègues de cizin" frl="paire de grègues de cizin" de="Cizin-Reithose" del="Cizin-Reithose" jp="キィジンブリーチズ" jpl="" jobs="00004182" races="01FE" level="99" targets="None" casttime="0" recast="0">Cizin breeches</i>

<i id="28192" enl="Cizin breeches" fr="Grègues de cizin" frl="paire de grègues de cizin" de="Cizin-Reithose" del="Cizin-Reithose" jp="キィジンブリーチズ" jpl="" jobs="00004182" races="01FE" level="99" targets="None" casttime="0" recast="0">Cizin breeches</i>

Try referencing Cizin breeches in your equipment swap.

//reload spellcast, try a swap.

If that doesn't work, restore the backup and grumble at SE.

This really worked, thank you so much! The combination greaves and then breeches did the trick for me, thanks again!
 Lakshmi.Kathee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2013-10-16 19:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there's not been much at all, but why hasn't the PlayOnLine news on the main page been updated? There is Login #4 Campaign and now the Halloween event.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2013-10-16 20:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kathee said: »
I know there's not been much at all, but why hasn't the PlayOnLine news on the main page been updated? There is Login #4 Campaign and now the Halloween event.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/40892/playonline-rss-not-updating/#2476236

Scragg responded about it on that thread earlier today, assuming this is what you're looking for ^^
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-19 12:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my mule up to Divine Might last night and I`m wondering if anyone knows of any good duo setups and that could beat this.

Bare in mind my mule only has 2 lv99 jobs, WHM and THF.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-10-19 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Got my mule up to Divine Might last night and I`m wondering if anyone knows of any good duo setups and that could beat this.

Bare in mind my mule only has 2 lv99 jobs, WHM and THF.
Any pet job can solo it with great ease. Alternatively, any job + a WHM.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-21 06:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about PLD Actually

Currently for PDT set:

PDT-58% MDT-35% DT-33% on Armor

If I Swap Mollusca Mantle ~> Shadow Mantle I get:

PDT-53% MDT-30% DT-28% on Armor but then Occ. Annuls DMG

I don't know what to do

Having that MDT-5% Extra on PDT set actually helps but Occ. Annuls DMG would help more I believe........

Please Give me Facts or Opinions about the Issue at hand.

Thank you.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-10-21 07:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If that DT is on top of the PDT and MDT you are massively over cap.

1) PDT caps at -50% unless you have a burtgang.
2) MDT caps at -50% unless you have aegis abd Shell counts towards this cap iirc you only need 28ish MDT solo cant remember off the top of my head what shell IVs value. So unless you arent casting shell on yourself while solo then that extra MDT isnt actually helping.
3) if you can stay capped and have shadow ring/mantle then you should be using them.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-10-21 07:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You're saying you have -58%PDT and -33%DT in one set?

I already see a problem here, as you're WAAAAAY over the cap on PDT unless you're using Burtgang.

PDT/MDT cap at 50% unless you are talking about pets or are using something like Aegis/Burtgang which bypasses their respective DT caps. On top of this, DT gear also adds into this cap so you're actually wasting gear slots on ~40% DT which would be better placed in Defense, Damage(to help keep hate), or just making it into a hybrid PDT/MDT rather than a straight PDT set.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-21 09:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

I already see a problem here, as you're WAAAAAY over the cap on PDT unless you're using Burtgang.

PDT/MDT cap at 50% unless you are talking about pets or are using something like Aegis/Burtgang which bypasses their respective DT caps. On top of this, DT gear also adds into this cap so you're actually wasting gear slots on ~40% DT which would be better placed in Defense, Damage(to help keep hate), or just making it into a hybrid PDT/MDT rather than a straight PDT set.

Actually got PDT-58% MDT-35% on same set ^^;

other SET MDT-50% PDT-35% on same Set

and with OCHAIN

With Beatific Shield PDT-50% MDT-50% ^^; BUT OCHAIN > Beatific :D
 Fenrir.Ropeteer
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ropeteer 2013-10-21 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Question; I'm somewhat new to Spellcast, so for THF XML, how to make an exception so that engaged set changes based on which weapon is equipped? For example, if I've got my TK equipped, my hands and feet change to TH gear, but if Aphotic is equipped, then my hands and feet are Iuitl gear? Weapon is offhand btw. Thanks.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-10-21 11:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

and with OCHAIN

If you have a non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WHM, you don't need any more than MDT-25%, since shell V will give you the other 25%, unless you are using an aegis, which will go over the cap.

And Killedar Shield was tested to block more damage over time than Ochain, on non-NMs. I'm not sure how it stacks up against NMs and Bosses.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-21 11:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That was before the shield skill was nerfed.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-10-21 11:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
That was before the shield skill was nerfed.

Oh. Didn't see it was nerfed as well.
Scratch that then.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-21 12:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

and with OCHAIN

If you have a non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WHM, you don't need any more than MDT-25%, since shell V will give you the other 25%, unless you are using an aegis, which will go over the cap.

And Killedar Shield was tested to block more damage over time than Ochain, on non-NMs. I'm not sure how it stacks up against NMs and Bosses.

That is the thing

#1 WHM not always available for stuff

#2 I thougth shell didn't count in conjuncture with armor (This is good to know that it does work with armor too) I.E. Haste you have armor haste and magic haste *(2 different haste)*
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-10-21 12:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

and with OCHAIN

That is the thing

#1 WHM not always available for stuff

#2 I thougth shell didn't count in conjuncture with armor (This is good to know that it does work with armor too) I.E. Haste you have armor haste and magic haste *(2 different haste)*

You can shell4 yourself aswell, atleast assume you have 22% MDT from shell
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-10-23 06:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well kuro the 2 have different types as one is equipment and one is magical but they still add up to the same haste cap its just the different types have different caps. This is why drks could use 12% gear haste and still be capped with embrava, LR and haste or 2% with cata aftermath.

Gear haste caps at 25%.
JA haste caps at 25%.
Magical caps at somewhere around 44%.
Hard cap for all 3 types is 80%.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-10-23 21:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

just a quick confirmation

after casting a spell there is a general 2sec window wher you cant cast magic at all?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-10-24 00:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

after casting a spell there is a general 2sec window wher you cant cast magic at all?
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Forced_Delay
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-10-24 00:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Forced_Delay

TY for clarification 3 secs on magic :-(
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-24 03:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Well kuro the 2 have different types as one is equipment and one is magical but they still add up to the same haste cap its just the different types have different caps. This is why drks could use 12% gear haste and still be capped with embrava, LR and haste or 2% with cata aftermath.

Gear haste caps at 25%.
JA haste caps at 25%.
Magical caps at somewhere around 44%.
Hard cap for all 3 types is 80%.
Thank you

Thought was 25.7321% (so 26%)

also NEW Question:

When is "New User Interface" Going to be Available for the Public use ?

I was reading the Thread Dev1156 and I am Anxious to see it happening. Looks neat so far.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-10-24 04:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope caps at 25% it was the old formula for haste that needed 26% haste in gear to fully cap which really didnt matter back then as hardly any jobs could cap haste. BB MNK, apoc DRK and I think thf were the only ones that could.

As for the UI isnt it supposedly coming next month or the update after?
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-10-24 05:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why you needed 26% haste was because some items don't have the actually haste value listed, like Walahra Turban gives 4.88%, not 5%. So you needed 26% haste to ensure you were capped.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-24 07:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

make sense now, ty guys and ya i heard about Walmart head having 4.88% instead of 5.0%

btw what about 2nd question i asked ?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-24 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: Anyone knows when November Update will be?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-10-24 10:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

November 4th or 11th, likely.
[+]
 Fenrir.Savoree
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2013-10-24 23:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it ok to put a GEO debuff on the Delve Raptor NM in Morimar?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-24 23:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
 Fenrir.Savoree
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2013-10-25 12:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Savoree said: »
Is it ok to put a GEO debuff on the Delve Raptor NM in Morimar?

Does anybody besides Draylo have any idea?
First Page 2 3 ... 228 229 230 ... 860 861 862