Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 859 860 861
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-31 15:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks! I thought that would just fix the log mixing issues, not the freezing--good to know. I've heard of this but didn't use it since it doesn't seem to be able to launch windower with different settings for each sandbox, but if that's causing the freezing too, I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Edit: Friend just told me I can use separate windower ini for each sandbox, so this is awesome!! thanks again
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-10-31 15:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shell V is about what 30% MDT? Just finished Aegis to 95 recently and am realized I can rework some of my gear sets on account of it.
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-10-31 16:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

with ShellraV 5/5 and af2+2(plus XP trial augment)...

how much -MDT in gear is required to cap MDT?
By Ashandarei 2012-10-31 16:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said: »
Shell V is about what 30% MDT? Just finished Aegis to 95 recently and am realized I can rework some of my gear sets on account of it.

Shell V is 24.2% roughly

Bahamut.Darkbahamut said: »
with ShellraV 5/5 and af2+2(plus XP trial augment)...

how much -MDT in gear is required to cap MDT?

5/5 Merits and AF2+2 w/ augment is 29.3% roughly.

So you'll need 20-21% to cap.
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-10-31 16:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashandarei said: »

so 19-20% to cap with Sheltered ring?
By Ashandarei 2012-10-31 16:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With Sheltered Shellra V will give 31.3% so yeah, 19 to cap.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-10-31 16:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

With Sheltered Shellra V will give 31.3% so yeah, 19 to cap.

Ok thank you very much
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-11-01 03:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Arka IV (24% cure potency) and was curious to know if it effects casting time at all or if cure potency is all you get. Also would I be better off using elemental staff for banish/holy or building an Arka I.
 Valefor.Exalius
Server: Valefor
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2012-11-01 04:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest job to kill Maat with? It's my next limit break...
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-11-01 04:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
I have Arka IV (24% cure potency) and was curious to know if it effects casting time at all or if cure potency is all you get. Also would I be better off using elemental staff for banish/holy or building an Arka I.
Arka IV doesn't increase casting speed; it's just Cure Potency.
Arka I would be better for Banish/Holy, and it can also be used for Cure casting speed and any other light-based spell. (Ballad, Cures, Teleports, etc.)
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-11-01 04:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Exalius said: »
Samurai and White Mage are very easy. For White Mage you just keep him Reposed the entire fight, and Meikyo Shisui is an easy win for Samurai.
[+]
 Valefor.Exalius
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2012-11-01 04:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Samurai and White Mage are very easy. For White Mage you just keep him Reposed the entire fight, and Meikyo Shisui is an easy win for Samurai.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-01 11:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this was touched on before (and I'm sorry) but I don't recall the answer:

If someone already has a stall (culinarian's / blacksmith's etc) is there any relevance to the other guild point items?

For example:

I cook and have had veteran since the dawn of time. I was going to make my stall for the purposes of skilling up synergy and I was wondering if, after i do that, there is any point in getting a cordon-bleu set, brass pot, or the signboard?
Does having all of them give me anything either (or some), or are they all overshadowed by the stall?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-01 15:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You used to need the stall + the old items for Mega Moglification, but an update changed that such that you only need the stall now. Adding the other items doesn't contribute additional skill to my knowledge.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-01 16:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes me glad and sad at the same time. They should at least give something like decreased item loss on break or SOMETHING to the people who already had the other items :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-11-01 16:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Question for Warrior, should I get Ukon to 99 or use gil towards Ragnarok.

Keep in mind impending embrava nerf, I just recently got my Ukon to 85 on monday, taking a break from it for a bit before i work on getting it to 90. I want to set a long term goal, but wondering if I should take my Ukon to 99 or if I should get a Ragnarok instead. I do have Dark leveled, but I don't use it a whole lot (can see myself using it more if I had a rag).

Anyone got any input?
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 06:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is double/triple/quad +% on armor items factored in before or after determining the number of hits a OA2-3 weapon will proc like merc kris?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-11-02 07:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Before.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 16:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever math'd out how much extra tp you gain from haste samba before it runs out, assuming 95% hit rate, 25% gear haste, the JA delay and tp cost of using haste samba in the first place? When dual wielding daggers for instance with roughly 200 delay each.

It always feels like im taking 2 steps back and 3 steps forward when using it as /dnc (i generally feel unsure if its actually helping much at all in terms of getting to 100tp as fast as i can over time)
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-11-02 17:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Has anyone ever math'd out how much extra tp you gain from haste samba before it runs out, assuming 95% hit rate, 25% gear haste, the JA delay and tp cost of using haste samba in the first place? When dual wielding daggers for instance with roughly 200 delay each.

It always feels like im taking 2 steps back and 3 steps forward when using it as /dnc (i generally feel unsure if its actually helping much at all in terms of getting to 100tp as fast as i can over time)

Using Motentan's spreadsheet and my THF TP set:

Over the course of a minute and a half (duration of Haste Samba), /DNC Haste Samba adds an extra 9~10 hits assuming I have haste and factoring multi-attack/misses/etc. This averages around an extra ~45 TP. So the use of Haste Samba does increase your overall DPS and stuff, but it is a much smaller increase than DNC main Haste Samba.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-03 07:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

supp with 5 swords skill vs Ghillie earring with 2acc and 8atk.
changing roughly 3 acc to 3atk
i would just keep suppa on and save the inventory slot since blue eats up ALOT of gear space.

Question:
Can the augmented kirin ossode etc etc still be traded?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-03 07:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Question:
Can the augmented kirin ossode etc etc still be traded?

No
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-03 08:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Probably too late to be helpful at this point, but a new player who needs maat is pretty likely to be abyssea burned. Skilling divine takes a decent amount of time, and would be easier at 99 if they actually care about it.

I'd recommend just buying/borrowing an earth staff, cheviot cape, and gear with defense for the 5 main slots. Cure3, paralyna, echo drops, tav taco, protect4, vile elixir+1. All you need to win with 0 skill, just spam cure3 with solace and paralyna/echo if he silence/paras you. When I did it for 7 mules consecutively, I only had to use the vile elixir twice, but couldn't hurt to have it.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-11-03 10:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

just started meebles yesterday and did 1-5 adjunct runs on 1 grimoire, did I already *** up? are you supposed to do 1-4 on one book and #5 on a 2nd if you dont want the boons for that #5 boss? if you have 5 people in your static and did all the #5s on a different book you can do the monkey 5 times? but only 1 if you do them on 1 book?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-11-03 12:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
just started meebles yesterday and did 1-5 adjunct runs on 1 grimoire, did I already *** up? are you supposed to do 1-4 on one book and #5 on a 2nd if you dont want the boons for that #5 boss? if you have 5 people in your static and did all the #5s on a different book you can do the monkey 5 times? but only 1 if you do them on 1 book?
You did it right. Progress towards a boss is recorded on specific grimoires so you wouldn't have access to the boss if you turned in the second one, since the first 4 adjuncts are recorded on the first.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-03 14:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about pup:

I recently cleaved pup and am now looking at the attachments. Sometimes when I equip or unequip an attachment it gets a random stat increase or penalty. I cant figure out how to get any repeatable results (I equip things then get +5int, I enequip everything, reequip in same slots and order get nothing). Is there something to this I'm missing, or just some random "Gratz you got lucky and the last attachment you put on happened to give you a useful stat"
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-03 15:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Was the drop rate on Tiger King's Hide fixed at some point? Just wondering because it shows 5% or so on wiki and I coulda swore I got them more often than that recently lol.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-11-03 15:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Was the drop rate on Tiger King's Hide fixed at some point? Just wondering because it shows 5% or so on wiki and I coulda swore I got them more often than that recently lol.
The drop rate was raised quite some time ago. Don't kill them very often, but taking a shot in the dark and saying it's about 50%.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-11-03 15:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Question about pup:

I recently cleaved pup and am now looking at the attachments. Sometimes when I equip or unequip an attachment it gets a random stat increase or penalty. I cant figure out how to get any repeatable results (I equip things then get +5int, I enequip everything, reequip in same slots and order get nothing). Is there something to this I'm missing, or just some random "Gratz you got lucky and the last attachment you put on happened to give you a useful stat"
As far as I can tell this is a glitch. The only actions that usually give an Automaton an actual stat increase are:
Maneuvers
Equipment with Pet stats
and things such as Atmas.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-03 15:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

GTFO wiki.
http://ffxidb.com/items/3232
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 859 860 861