[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 26 27 28
VIP
By Kalila 2016-09-01 11:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

12 hours late but...

@Bismarck.Laurelli your suggestion is most welcome, please don't feel discouraged about posting in this topic in the future.

This thread is for suggesting desired features and/or changes to the format of the site. Examples include but are not limited to: layout of a page, information on a page, community features like the recent badges, forum post additions like video or music BBCode tags, BBCode quick select options above the post input box, among other requests any user wants to mention, new or old.

Please keep drama out of here, thank you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-01 14:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/gloveslapsrooks

I demand satisfaction.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-09-01 14:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
/gloveslapsrooks

I demand satisfaction.

Blocking mods was an oversight in the first place, and it is never coming back. Continued insistence on this topic will result in me giving them a minimum shitpost quota.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-09-01 14:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Good ***for shitburgers.

How is asking to block a mod trolling? Reason is beyond obvious.
You must be a huge fanboi i can only read when quoted. :(

Shitburgers ahoi.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-01 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Blocking mods was an oversight in the first place

I disagree. It was a necessity at the time, but I'll capitulate due to my lack of time and energy, FOR NOW.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-01 16:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A curse on your house as well.
[+]
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2016-09-03 01:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the ranking system has been busted for awhile now, and unknown if its going to be fixed anytime soon, would it be possible to at least get back the achievements section without the rank points?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-03 01:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blizzy said: »
Since the ranking system has been busted for awhile now, and unknown if its going to be fixed anytime soon, would it be possible to at least get back the achivement section?
I thought Rooks had a pending patch for this but I'm not 100% sure.
By Eboneezer 2016-09-03 03:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize if this was brought up in the past, but i went back to page 15 or so and hadn't seen it mentioned.

Is there a way to update the newer items to show their locations on the AH? Root > Materials > Alchemy for example? The old items still show this information but the newer items don't.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-09-05 09:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyones posted this before, but would it be possible to embed twitch videos/live streams in posts? Like you can with youtube videos?

Thannkskssssss
By Jetackuu 2016-09-05 14:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As it may be a feature that I haven't found a way to utilize, but a way to view social tags would be nice, if it's easy.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-09-05 17:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
and bigger stuff's been broken more recently
Are you going to fix the world economy?

No.

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Would it be possible to please remove anything from the P + R section from showing up on the home page? The random P + R thread was created, but people still keep thinking the topic on their minds is the 1 special topic that deserves its own thread. So out of the 9 recently updated topics on the home page, there's always between 2-4 P + R threads showing.
Considering that FFXI was always a game with little in game info, and we need to use outside sources for information on how to progress (including this site) seeing all that P + R takes away from the game's experience. even if you don't click on the thread, just seeing the titles are enough to annoy me. I'm also sure I'm not alone.

Done. You now have to opt-in to see P+R in the latest topics section.

Eboneezer said: »
I apologize if this was brought up in the past, but i went back to page 15 or so and hadn't seen it mentioned.

Is there a way to update the newer items to show their locations on the AH? Root > Materials > Alchemy for example? The old items still show this information but the newer items don't.

This is actually dependent on the AH parser itself; I don't have access to that, so I can't modify it. Sorry. (I looked at this six months ago and found it wasn't doable with my current level of access).

Jetackuu said: »
As it may be a feature that I haven't found a way to utilize, but a way to view social tags would be nice, if it's easy.

In what way? They're visible on forum posts and user pages now. Is there something about those presentations that's lacking, or do you mean something else?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-09-05 18:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In what way? They're visible on forum posts and user pages now. Is there something about those presentations that's lacking, or do you mean something else?

Well like the FFRK, Nintento and Twitch pages where you can view a list but for other social aspects (in general I was trying to see who all shared their Gamertag). But as it could get bloated on the sticky menu, a potential search user with different social checkboxes to flag? Was just a thought.

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-09-05 20:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Ffxiah.com app?

I'm not sure what benefit an app would have over just making the mobile version of the site friendlier (which I should do).
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-05 21:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxiah.com app?

I'm not sure what benefit an app would have over just making the mobile version of the site friendlier (which I should do).

naughty Skjalf pictures... err... Skjalf means archived MS Paint Challenge entries / winners.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-08 20:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to search for two stats at once on power search? For example, damage taken and haste.

If not, can there be?
 Asura.Umisame
Server: Asura
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-09-11 06:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be nice if http://www.ffxiah.com/relics could show number of people that got last version(121) of weapons and also an aeonic list.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-11 21:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks,

How hard would it be to display the augments of gear that character presently has equipped on the site?

Probably impossible, huh? :(
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-11 21:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ffxiah.com app?

Do you know anything about push notifications?

"Thread now has replie(s)" as push notifications for watched threads would be pretty handy
You used to actually get forum mention emails. Legit question; do these actually work for anyone?

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Rooks,

How hard would it be to display the augments of gear that character presently has equipped on the site?

Probably impossible, huh? :(
Not Rooks but I'll try to answer, for now, on assumption; due to the way data is presented, this would probably require more patches to the GW client than anyone is willing to do.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-29 09:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

can we have a link to P&R on the front page since they've been removed from the 'view more' tab? I enjoy reading / writing in there, and it's an ***-ache to navigate now.

Also I still hate you all for not allowing me to block mods.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-29 09:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

why would anything be different for me? that's dumb.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 26 27 28