users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Hiatus
Hiatus
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-22 23:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think this means I can run around free at all. Like I said, if anyone tires something, the other mods are more then capable of doing what they need to do to keep this site running.

I just thinks this means debates won't be so quick to be stopped if it gets a little heated and more differing points of views will be discussed.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-02-22 23:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aly Saxena said: »
When I started out as a mod, many thought and some still do think I am on a power trip *stares*.
I don't remember this.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-22 23:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was taught to always question authority.

No one is perfect.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-22 23:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Without context, I don't think its really fair to say he deserved the ban he got.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-22 23:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Interception of PMs?
I'll leave that story to the person involved, should they choose to post it.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I got banned for three *** weeks for telling the man to grow up. He was on a glorified power trip, while he wasn't always a bad moderator, he was not fit for the job.

Well...do you see why you were?

That's like telling your teacher to F off and not get a consequence for what you did. Basically undermining an authority can get you in trouble. And yes 3 weeks was too long. (If any know that you got tempbanned, make sure you PM one of us if you know its been a week.)

When I started out as a mod, many thought and some still do think I am on a power trip *stares*.
Mods are not gods and should not be above the scrutiny of those they moderate. The manner in which the post was made may have been troublesome, but it's not like this happened overnight either.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-23 00:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And yes 3 weeks was too long. (If any know that you got tempbanned, make sure you PM one of us if you know its been a week.)

Someone, who I won't name, was tempbanned....

...and then had their ability to PM removed so they couldn't talk to anyone about it. I believe they were temp'd for two months? It has since been resolved (today actually), but my point still remains.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2012-02-23 00:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
I don't think this means I can run around free at all. Like I said, if anyone tires something, the other mods are more then capable of doing what they need to do to keep this site running.

I just thinks this means debates won't be so quick to be stopped if it gets a little heated and more differing points of views will be discussed.
It's not regulars that worry me lol
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
I don't remember this.

*hands on hips* oh yes you do!

Also, we shouldnt have to hold your hand how to post, etc. People need to use their common sense and courtesy in the community. ! bad apple can ruin the bunch. Like I've said before, many topics can be a heated discussion but its how you retaliate against the post. Healthy debates are fine but when one starts to cuss the other out, call names, etc. over their opinion, its just asking for trouble.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-23 00:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I could provide context but I'd prefer not sinking to that level. On the same day even, krizz had asked me to edit a post or two, which I complied to. A personal vendetta against me isn't a reasonable ground for three+ weeks of suspension. It wasn't even a public post, it was a PM to Krizz.

He immediately removed my PM privileges so I couldn't even defend myself or bring it to another moderator. When one of my friends attempted to help, she was threatened.

That, I find, is unacceptable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2012-02-23 00:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Krizz, how does it feel?
I can only imagine its like watching the last episode of your favorite show and realizing that you have gained another hour to fill it with something else... but bigger.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-23 00:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that we are able to openly discussion moderation again without posts being deleted and people being topic banned should at least give some kind of sense as to what has been going on.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Server: Gilgamesh
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-02-23 00:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Gilgamesh.Nynja said: »
So these forums are going to be good again? lol
Oh goodness I hope not everyone is thinking this way.

I wonder how many people think this gives them free license to run completely wild and once again incur the wrath of google ads. <__< This should be interesting. D:
I have 20 posts in like 5 years, so no, dont expect that from me...however the horror stories of how Krizz would delete anything and everything, and probably was in a couple peoples pockets, are widespread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-23 00:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that we are able to openly discussion moderation again without posts being deleted and people being topic banned should at least give some kind of sense as to what has been going on.
Admins are sleeping. The real test comes tomorrow.

EDIT: nevermind, Scragg's on
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-02-23 00:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread should be locked. He's not a mod for the moment. Let's see how it goes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Fenrir.Solanis 2012-02-23 00:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

krizz was a terrible mod and it's about time he got his power stripped. he was a bully and abused his power constantly. I look forward to this bright new day~
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I could provide context but I'd prefer not sinking to that level. On the same day even, krizz had asked me to edit a post or two, which I complied to. A personal vendetta against me isn't a reasonable ground for three+ weeks of suspension. It wasn't even a public post, it was a PM to Krizz.

He immediately removed my PM privileges so I couldn't even defend myself or bring it to another moderator. When one of my friends attempted to help, she was threatened.

Why not IM one of us in yahoo, aim, msn, etc. I know I leave my stuff out for people to contact me. Or have someone PM one of us for you (I don't know what mod they PM'd to get threatened either). If I would have known, I would have worked on it to figure what was going on.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-23 00:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
I don't remember this.

*hands on hips* oh yes you do!

Also, we shouldnt have to hold your hand how to post, etc. People need to use their common sense and courtesy in the community. ! bad apple can ruin the bunch. Like I've said before, many topics can be a heated discussion but its how you retaliate against the post. Healthy debates are fine but when one starts to cuss the other out, call names, etc. over their opinion, its just asking for trouble.

That I agree with. The problem was that he would topic ban people/delete posts even when that wasn't happening. People just didn't agree and he would topic ban one person but not the other. That is pretty much choosing sides. If you are going to go that right, might as well just topic ban both parties instead of just one.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2012-02-23 00:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
So these forums are going to be good again? lol
Oh goodness I hope not everyone is thinking this way.

I wonder how many people think this gives them free license to run completely wild and once again incur the wrath of google ads. <__< This should be interesting. D:
I have 20 posts in like 5 years, so no, dont expect that from me...however the horror stories of how Krizz would delete anything and everything, and probably was in a couple peoples pockets, are widespread.
I'm just afraid someone who's only been posting since after Krizz became such a visible mod decides this is their big chance to give Aly and Anye a headache. XD
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2012-02-23 00:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not IM one of us in yahoo, aim, msn, etc. I know I leave my stuff out for people to contact me. Or have someone PM one of us for you. If I would have known, I would have worked on it to figure what was going on.
ORLY?
//stalk mode on
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2012-02-23 00:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
And yes 3 weeks was too long. (If any know that you got tempbanned, make sure you PM one of us if you know its been a week.)

Someone, who I won't name, was tempbanned....

...and then had their ability to PM removed so they couldn't talk to anyone about it. I believe they were temp'd for two months? It has since been resolved (today actually), but my point still remains.
To be honest if said person was banned for breaking the rules its their own fault in the first place. Next time dont break the rules and you wont have to worry about getting your ban lifted. (Not trying to start a s*** storm just saying)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-23 00:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not IM one of us in yahoo, aim, msn, etc. I know I leave my stuff out for people to contact me. Or have someone PM one of us for you. If I would have known, I would have worked on it to figure what was going on.

She PM'd Anye about it and was only told that I was suspended temporarily and that "moderators retain the right to remove PM privileges at any time" or something like that, I don't remember exactly. I also sent an Email to the Webmaster email address and never received a reply. Several people offered to send PMs for me but I did not accept their proposals because I knew it was meaningless at that point. I still have documentation of the exchange if it's really necessary, but I don't feel it is. If so, PM me. It's not going to be made public.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 Amael you can stalk me anytime
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-23 00:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aly, don't forget to lick this thread before you go to bed.

It's heading that way.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-02-23 00:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's heading that way.
Can I lick the thread too?
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-02-23 00:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's heading that way.

i like it when mods lick threads
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-23 00:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that webmaster e-mail address doesn't work. I sent a message to it a long time ago with an issue I had and I never got a reply. XD
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-02-23 00:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elvaton said: »
To be honest if said person was banned for breaking the rules its their own fault in the first place. Next time dont break the rules and you wont have to worry about getting your ban lifted. (Not trying to start a s*** storm just saying)

You don't know the situation, lol. They were basically threatened, and retaliated. They shouldn't have been temp-banned for that long, and they DEFINITELY shouldn't have had their PM privileges taken away since they weren't harassing anyone.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-23 00:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

/lick
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-02-23 00:09:19