20 min dreamland TE
First Page 2
 Shiva.Schatzie
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-21 19:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

why do i never find this thing? are there any secrets to finding it? just seems to never be anywhere, and ends up wasting a lot of time.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually just stick to the same path I know they are in and I find it within 3-5 minutes.

You just have to find it before someone else does, and if you have a lot of competition then it probably is going to slow you down a bit.
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-21 20:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wide scan :D
By Gimp 2012-02-21 20:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

widescan is best for tracking it otherwise you just need to know your camps for orc,gob,yag, turtle well.

and not that it's a real clue for finding it but where there's a cluster *** of mobs conveniently in the way and you see image, statue, warchief, etc. That's your guy

Edit: also where the 10 min extension mobs are the 20 TE won't be there they tend to be on the other side of the map where the 10s are
[+]
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-21 20:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so i should just swallow my pride and level *** master to finish my relic?

ive been doing this on ninja
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-02-21 20:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You could just have a brain and check the four beastmen camps on that side of the map.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-02-21 20:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't hard to find w/o widescan. Just remember the 20 min TE will be in the beastmen camps that check dc not ep.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Schatzie said: »

I do it on DNC, it really isn't difficult to do :x Just takes a few runs to get it down honestly.

I try not to go in when it's busy though, it's not worth the trouble.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-21 20:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Which zone are you farming to be exact? I've memorized the placement for the TEs in Buburimu/Qufim, it is just the matter of knowing where to look since I no longer go in as BST.

It is a little risky going DNC/THF or DNC/WAR because mages can be a ***... but, just have to get through it, not as much of an outcome as a BST, but still a decent amount can come out of it
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-21 20:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
Which zone are you farming to be exact? I've memorized the placement for the TEs in Buburimu/Qufim, it is just the matter of knowing where to look since I no longer go in as BST.

It is a little risky going DNC/THF or DNC/WAR because mages can be a ***... but, just have to get through it, not as much of an outcome as a BST, but still a decent amount can come out of it
buburimu, and valkurm to try and get a feel of rotations.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-21 20:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valkurm is really easy once you get it down, I find that it is the easiest of the dreamland zones to farm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rieken
Server: Fenrir
user: bigd
By Fenrir.Rieken 2012-02-21 20:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, if you don't know, the name is gonna be the same as one of the other TE's.

Second, their travel range is pretty large if left alone for a while. I've seen the Warchief anywhere from the Manticores to all the way north near the sabotenders.

The Goblin statue can be anywhere from the beach, south of the Hippogryphs to the northeast part of the goblin camp, just east of the treants.

The Avatar idol is usually right near the Yagudos west of the treants near a large rock. I've seen it circle that area and pop up in between the funguar/sheep camp if it's left alone long enough, though.

The Adamantking Image is always in the Orcs, but can move back pretty far, so you have to run all the way around to the west right before the tunnel to the secret beach. Never seen it go any further than that.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-02-21 20:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mages are *** even with shadows, they always cast -gas on me >_>
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-21 20:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I find that Buburimu is the worst zone for TEs, mostly due to the placement of DC orcs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-21 20:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »

buburimu, and valkurm to try and get a feel of rotations.

The Goblin/Orc NQ TEs are never nice for me, they always like to be near a mage to stay safe... as for the HQs, the Orc HQ is beyond the Orcs near the OP, and the Other Hqs are past the Ravens in Buburimu
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-21 20:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i think im going to screw buburimu, i was mostly there for -1 tekko, but we got them on our first run. thanks for the info
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-21 20:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i think im going to screw buburimu, i was mostly there for -1 tekko, but we got them on our first run. thanks for the info

I personally changed to Qufim, smaller area to work with, some weak mobs, but not the -1 gear I'm looking for... CURSE BUBURIMU AND YOUR DROP RATE FOR THF HANDS!
By Gimp 2012-02-21 21:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes stuff easier but it's fine with other jobs it's more about memorizing and knowing camps well than just having widescan to cruise control. Bst's damage mitigation ability makes it a good choice for dyna if you wanted an a reason to level it as well as 2 characters to control both pet and master can damage well so it could up your killspeed vs your ninja (?).

Edit: I also second qufim least distance traveled for mob rotations and easier mob family choices, even the alternates aren't as bad at hippos and funguars which have very powerful and annoying moves...

Even tigers and snolls as alternates are better than those two.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-21 21:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Qufim is my favorite zone when it comes to TEs.
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-21 23:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2 characters to control both pet and master can damage well so it could up your killspeed vs your ninja (?).

could a bst out do an above average geared nin? average 2-2.5k hi /dnc on a good day.
By Gimp 2012-02-21 23:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to say honestly....considering dw and coupled with aftermath and that I'm not the best geared bst, just above average and haven't gotten Ruinator yet.

Falcor is a great all in one pet and because of his eva you'll be holding more mobs and procing them faster. Someone else with ruinator and good ws sets has to comment here
 Ragnarok.Psych
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2012-02-22 00:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

WS average won't matter much, but Ruinator on EP averages about the same and has a high tendency of doing 3k+ if you double/triple attack. A good thing to get a note of is your average coins per run. I get 220 coins on average (being generous here, since I get a lot of 250-260 coins run). 200sh (bad day, bad procs, good amount of competition) and 260sh coins (good procs, not much competition, didn't *** up on TEs) on Qufim. Although I did have runs where I walked away with 280+, those runs were probably perfect.

What I don't know is how people get 300+ coins on a run. One guy in my LS told me last time that he got 130 Bronze, 90 Shells, 87 Bynes. I personally haven't broken the 300 coins yet, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I'm just generally unlucky. ;0

I both have NIN and BST leveled but farming EP mobs, BST/DNC will win hands down (TH/dps/utility/kill speed). Until they nerf Pet TH, maybe. :P
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-02-22 00:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Having no th sucks, the few times I went on my nin/dnc alt I got barely any coins I didn't bother going back. If you can kill fast enough it's probably not that bad, but having th makes a pretty nice difference.

Maybe the 300 coin people are doing dc mobs? They can drop 4 coins (where ep only drop 3) and tend to be a lot more generous with drops. They can be a bit more to handle, but if you can handle them, they're definetly worth fighting over ep mobs. My duo partner and I get 350-480 coins and 30-45 forgottens depending on what jobs we're on and how much we're screwing around.
 Ragnarok.Psych
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2012-02-22 00:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sorry, didn't mention he was on solo BST.

Edit: Also, EP mobs do drop 4 coins. It's rare though, specially with only TH3.
By Gimpness 2012-02-22 01:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

been seeing 4 coins often lately :3...

my bst is gimp as all hell atm... full perle, *** headlong belt Q_Q... but I still walk away with 180-200ish. Which for having 200 axe skill and ***gear, isn't *too* terrible.

always go to bubu though :3 haven't bothered trying anywhere else yet, they've all been packed as ***whenever i check.

and yea... ruinator's definitely gonna be outdoing blade: hi in dyna.

What I need to do is level my alt's thf and see if that helps pull more coins in D:
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-02-22 05:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Qufim definitely has the easiest to find TEs since you pretty much just run in a circle to grab them all. Regardless of the zone you'll get the hang of where the TEs are pretty quickly and it should take between 10 and 20 minutes I think. I can't recall the last time it took 20 minutes without dying, but I've found it's a lot better to sit there patiently staring at them and waiting for them to move than to try a risky pull, mostly on the 20 min TE since a couple DC beastmen will likely wreck you (I took an eagle eye shot of all things for 2500 damage once somehow).

Aside from TEs though, TH makes a huge difference. I'm lucky to break 100 w/o TH (MNK/DNC) and it's not for lack of killing speed or slow procc'ing. Most often I kill as fast or faster than the swarm of BSTs, but w/o TH you typically get 1 coin. I think I saw 4 coins drop once last week, though 2 and 3 are sort of common.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-02-22 10:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm derping out and it's 5/4 with DC/EP.

Yeah, it is, just looked over some screenshots. Sorry, Meant to say DC can drop 5 coins and EP only 4 :p DC are also WAY more generous with their forgottens. Killing slews of ep with TH7 we're lucky to come out with over 10. A run of DCs usually nets anywhere from 35-45.
 Sylph.Malizia
Server: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2012-02-24 17:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How long does it take people to find and kill all 5 TE's on average? I just did my first solo Dynamis run ever in Bubu and it took me 30 minutes in total. I spent a lot of time figuring out where they should be, and I died once which cost me some time too. I'm also doing this on THF/DNC, so that might be slower than some other job combinations.
First Page 2