Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Limbus
Limbus
By Atramortis 2012-02-18 05:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been doing quite a lot solo lately due to time restraints. Just having some fun in the game. Normally I use bst for most of my solo stuff and nin for my group. I have great gear on both. I just did NW Apollyon tonight and was half way through Kaiser Behemoth fight when time ran out. So I got through almost all of it (43 beast coins). I was using bst, it was fairly easy/safe even though I was fighting along with pet. It was quite slow though. 

I was wanting to try doing same run as nin when my 72 hrs are up. Would you say I stand a chance to get as far? Would nin be better or worse? I'm guessing /dnc is a no brainier? Would you do eva or dd gear? I'm thinking dd but not sure. 

Last question. Try nin or stick with bst? 

Trying to get drops for nin +1 gear
 Leviathan.Bimbam
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bimbam
By Leviathan.Bimbam 2012-02-18 07:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So I got through almost all of it (43 beast coins)

If you want the win, probably shouldn't waste so much time farming. It should be a cakewalk on BST or NIN, you would be capped evasion on both even naked. How many coins you can farm while shooting for win is entirely dependant on your own gear/skill, but NW win was soloble @75.

I fail to see how 2-hour is remotely relevant.
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2012-02-18 08:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo Apollyon SE easily on Nin as well just bring some daggers at the 95 Cap. Wiped out every mob and left with 5 mins. Though I had a Kannagi for it. NE would be an easy breeze as long it isn't Cronos and avoid links.
 Asura.Chartorkz
Server: Asura
user: charaxes
By Asura.Chartorkz 2012-02-18 08:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea what's your BST like or what exactly you did that you timed out, but this zone is easily cleared with over 35-40 minutes on time left on BST/WHM. Going /WHM requires some pieces of auto-refresh gear so you don't have to waste time resting before the restore chest, but even resting i don't see a reason to timeout.
By Atramortis 2012-02-18 09:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed everything. Thought it would go better if I killed all mobs before boss. Figured wyrm boss would be too hard without weakening by killing small wyverns. Took awhile to kill everything which is why time ran out. I found bst was fairly slow kills. That's why I kinda wanted to try nin if it was doable.
 Leviathan.Bimbam
Server: Leviathan
user: Bimbam
By Leviathan.Bimbam 2012-02-18 10:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
...boss ...

Quote:
It is not necessary to defeat the Floor Boss to progress to the next level. One of seven regular mobs will unlock the next portal.

That help? lol
By Atramortis 2012-02-18 16:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's the boss that drop the +1 items
 Bahamut.Charlot
Server: Bahamut
user: Kur
By Bahamut.Charlot 2012-02-18 16:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I go bst and kill everything, and always have lots of time left over. I forgot pet food and went /dnc, and just used restore chests well. 68 coins too. Not sure what I might have done differently. I killed all the fodder mobs before the boss.

I do have nin, but have never tried it since bst works for me.