Which atmas do you use?*WHM*
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-02-15 22:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of the time MM, VV, and Apoc. I help with procing on staff and club when doign most my Abyssea.

1% of the time, MM,Allure, Apoc.
 Leviathan.Kitheren
Server: Leviathan
user: Kitheren
By Leviathan.Kitheren 2012-02-15 22:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what I'm doing. Normal, routine fights and stuff I use MM, Allure and Undying.

Low man, PUG or generally unsure chance of death I do MM, Undying and Apocalypse.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-02-15 23:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said: »
MM/Allure/Undying. MP isn't an issue. Capped cure potency without the help of Atmas, too.

Abyssea is hard.

MM/Allure/Ambition

I love using this on RDM when actually main healing also, since I can cap cure potency on that easily.
[+]
 Asura.Krysanthia
Server: Asura
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-02-15 23:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

MM/Alure/Apoc
 Alexander.Crazyvipa
Server: Alexander
user: Crazyvipa
By Alexander.Crazyvipa 2012-02-16 08:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I stick with MM/Alure/AoA full time.

I am an Elvaan, max MP merits -- but in Abyssea -- people just have too much HP to be satisfied with cure v's.

Can't beat the refresh, auto RR, or the MP boost. We usually run around BLM WHM WAR MNK, so procin' is never an issue unless it is Hexa Strike.. in which case we have plenty of temps to insta-100% me, lol.
 Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-02-16 09:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy MM/Ambition/Apoc. 15 a tick refresh keeps mp full always, 12% movement speed is helpful when needing to kite something (or just getting to places), 5% quick magic, fast cast, enmity-, and auto RR3. It's worked well for me.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-02-16 09:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

double >.>
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-02-16 09:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

MM/Allure/Ambition
[+]
 Asura.Alkimi
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2012-02-16 10:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally MM Beyond and Hell's Guardian.

MM is more than enough refresh so other 2 atmas go towards throwing out a 3-4k Holy II every minute or so.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-02-16 10:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

why do people use apoc? being able to cast 3 version of RR isn't enough?

also if you're WHM and you find yourself having to spam RR... uhhh you might be doing it wrong
By Lucried 2012-02-16 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i personally use perfect attendance, apocalypse, and minikin.
By Skylark1 2012-02-16 10:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

To be a good whm use Ambition/MM/Allure. I personally, being taru, never really use allure. I'll roll with Beyond/HG/MM if I'm brewing but for normal mindless stuff I'll go with MM/Apoc/HG
[+]
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-02-16 10:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 for MM/Ambition/Apoc for my whm mule. Movespeed, fast cast and fresh on Ambition is too nice to turn down (although I do have 8% move speed on pants so I supposed I could drop ambition for something else but meh).

Carbuncle.Nezea said: »
Some people might argue that it's good if you need to zombie. In my opinion zombie is not a "strategy" and you should just quit and go home if you're ever in this situation. Abyssea is easy enough that it should never happen to you in any case, especially as a WHM, which is a more or less indestructible job if played by someone who knows what they are doing.

Zombie might not be considered a 'viable strategy', but not worrying about having to recast Reraise after dying is a definite plus. WHM is pretty indestructible, even while weakened if it came to that.

As an example, low manning Glavoid, say the tank eats a disgorge (I know, bring a stunner, etc... ***happens). Anyway, if the WHM ends up dying, and eats a aoe spell or ability before unweakened, you should just quit and go home? Screw that.

Zombie is not a planned strategy, but sure as hell makes for a great backup option, and beats the hell out of losing a pop (whether from homepointing or from another party claiming the mob).

That, and I really like quick magic.
 Asura.Werdxi
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-02-16 10:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1: MM (duh)

2: Undying (im SERIOUSLY surprised that so few ppl mentioned this one. its literally made for whm. Between the conserve mp from /sch, undying, and gear, its like you dont even use mp anymore)

3: last atma changes depending on the needs of the group, but generally Merciless Matriarch for fast cast. w/ that and my current fast cast, you generally dont see most of my spells. i just sorta use them. Other atmas for the third slot are sometimes VV for regain, although i change my weapon w/ every cast so thats half pointless, apoc for things like tunga or warbler where the whm dying is pretty much gunna happen, or really whatever fits the bill.

UNDYING!!!!!!
[+]
 Odin.Elmodfz
Server: Odin
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-02-16 11:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have rubbish atma's for WHM so I only have 3 to choose from:

MM, The Rescuer, and Einherjar. That's it lol.

Either way I still do good, well trained WHM me!
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2012-02-16 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

MM, Allure, Rescuer always.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-02-16 11:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use MM Ambition and 3rd varies depending on how lazy I am.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-16 11:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Apoc, MM and Rescuer

Shiva.Gib said: »
why do people use apoc?
instacast is always nice, and you know, Moogle Rule, you always die shortly after RR wears
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-02-16 11:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I use MM, Allure, and Foe Flayer.

Most people are turned off by Foe Flayer's "addle effect", but the +30 refresh during the daytime is pretty fantastic.

The addle doesn't really hurt as much as you'd think, except maybe for Shinryu (in which case I sub Foe Flayer for Apoc).
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-02-16 12:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Minikin + Undying + whatever I feel like at the time. Usually Ambition, sometimes Merciless Matriarch if it's hard to land enfeebs or Future Fabulous if I anticipate taking a lot of AOE magic damage.

Allure is rubbish.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-02-16 13:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is allure rubbish? Mnd+mp+emnity-... how is that not perfect for whm?
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-02-16 13:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

MM, Allure, Savior
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-02-16 13:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I typically run with MM, Ambition, and Apoc. If we are looking to proc, then I Ambition for VV. I use Ambition for the movement speed, just because I like to get places faster.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-16 13:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »

Something along the lines of MND being crap for WHM.
 Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-02-16 13:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said: »
MM/Allure/Undying. MP isn't an issue. Capped cure potency without the help of Atmas, too. Abyssea is hard.

This is what i use unless its very lowman, ie. no one else can raise then I use Apoc in place of undying. If your using CP atma then that is just a whole 'nother issue.
 Shiva.Sleih
By Shiva.Sleih 2012-02-16 13:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need apoc on WHM at 99, then you don't need to be playing WHM. Sorry, but it kind of says how much confidence you have in yourself on WHM.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-16 13:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need anything else on WHM, you're rubbish and don't need to touch the job. There are situations where auto reraise is benefiting you more than any other atma possibly could.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-02-16 13:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »

From my own experience, MP+ doesn't matter because you have so much Refresh anyway that you shouldn't need more MP+. As a Galka, one of my sayings is that isn't the size of your MP pool that matters, it's how you use your MP. Generally, a WHM in Abyssea is golden on MP with MM and having a good idle set.

Emnity doesn't matter because pulling hate in Abyssea doesn't not mean you die unless the mob you get hate on has an death/doom attack. WHMs in Abyssea (and one can argue outside of Abyssae too) are virtually indestructible with the right gear sets and proper playing.

MND is generally regard as an unnecessary bonus because if you have all the furtherance abyssites, your dMND should be capped on most mobs. It's a matter of being able to land the enfeeble itself, getting to maximum potency isn't too hard with a solid MND set to back it up. Though MND will add some more potency to your Cure V and Cure VI, that addition can be considered a bit negligible.

With that in mind, one is basically only putting on Allure for the MND stat, and that comes down to preference in how you play.

[Edit] Can we please not get into another discussion about Apoc vs. not Apoc? That topic has been discussed to death in another thread I feel that's a matter of personal play style and no amount of arguing will make one side change their mind to the other. Thank you. [/edit]
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-16 13:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Can we please not get into another discussion about Apoc vs. not Apoc? That topic has been discussed to death in another thread I feel that's a matter of personal play style and no amount of arguing will make one side change their mind to the other. Thank you.

this x1000
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-02-16 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Sleih said: »
If you need apoc on WHM at 99, then you don't need to be playing WHM. Sorry, but it kind of says how much confidence you have in yourself on WHM.

I've neither had MP nor enmity issues with my whm mule, and my spells cast quickly enough. I have more confidence using apoc that I can hold a mob indefinitely in the event of a wipe than if I had to worry about recasting reraise rather than curing myself or someone else. I just don't see the benefits an atma besides apoc that would outweigh that for me, but to each their own.