Base Relic Weapons

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
434 users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Base relic weapons
Base relic weapons
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 257
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-15 10:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
How do you get these things to drop? are they effected by procs or TH or anything? ive been to 3 dynamis bastok, ive seen a total of about 4 scythes and 1 ito. do NMs have a better drop rate or something?

btw.. bastok is a nightmare..
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
Posts: 9001
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-15 10:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
CoP areas are nightmares... (couldn't resist)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Baelfael
Posts: 545
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-02-15 10:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think along with synthesis materials, the relic base weapons got dropped down in drop percentage because of the addition of Forgottens.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
Posts: 5318
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-15 10:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just tag them with TH and hope for the best.
When I farmed for my Scythe I got tons of all the weapons.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: idevlboy
Posts: 62
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-02-15 10:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There is no trick. Just keep running the zone it drops from. I have done both the high and low level mobs in each zone and honestly say I don't see a difference in weapon drops. (i know... eyeballing blah blah blah)

I would say that TH will increase the frequency of drops but there is no sure fire way to force the one you want to drop.
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: tobenutte
Posts: 184
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2012-02-15 10:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »
CoP areas are nightmares... (couldn't resist)

/sea all

20 people found in zone
17 solo bst.

yay!!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 257
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-15 14:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thanks, i guess i'll keep at it.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: idevlboy
Posts: 62
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-02-15 14:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Being nosey! Which one are you after?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
Posts: 3351
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-15 14:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Something else you could try is shouting once you're in the zone, every 10 minutes or so. I know if someone did that they could have all of my relic sticks or relic pokeys or whatever they want.

Maybe a comment, as well.

Butttt... you will probably still get it well before you get all your currency. Don't worry. :D
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Burkey
Posts: 165
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-02-15 14:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Harkonnen said: »
Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »
CoP areas are nightmares... (couldn't resist)

/sea all

20 people found in zone
17 solo bst.

yay!!!
so, so, so very true lmao..love this post
Offline
Posts: 85
By Ericnuke 2012-02-15 14:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
From my experience in dyna the weapons and af gear are based on TH and coins are more on red procs(assuming u have all TE, which u should). I'm sure coins are affected with TH as well, but not sure. Think I read where each color proc opened up another slot for coins to drop, but not completely sure. IMO, if you want just armor or weapon just kill fast as you can with TH and dont worry about proc'ing, just make sure you get the TE's 1st so you can have plenty of time and proc once you get what you want, good luck!
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Burkey
Posts: 165
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-02-15 14:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ericnuke said: »
From my experience in dyna the weapons and af gear are based on TH and coins are more on red procs(assuming u have all TE, which u should). I'm sure coins are affected with TH as well, but not sure. Think I read where each color proc opened up another slot for coins to drop, but not completely sure. IMO, if you want just armor or weapon just kill fast as you can with TH and dont worry about proc'ing, just make sure you get the TE's 1st so you can have plenty of time and proc once you get what you want, good luck!
weapons/gear - more chance of dropping with no proc, TH helps
currency - more chance of dropping with proc, TH helps
-any proc opens up a slot for a possible drop
-blue!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-yellow!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-red!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-white!! - opens up a slot for 100% 100 drop

while getting TE obviously gives you more time, if you are only after your base weapon just go murder lots of quadavs and get TE if you need it

edit/tldr:
blue proc - ~0-2 coins
yellow proc - ~0-3 coins
red proc - ~0-4 coins
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: dova
Posts: 567
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-02-15 14:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Something else you could try is shouting once you're in the zone, every 10 minutes or so. I know if someone did that they could have all of my relic sticks or relic pokeys or whatever they want.

Maybe a comment, as well.

Butttt... you will probably still get it well before you get all your currency. Don't worry. :D

Can even save yourself loss of dyna for the day by just searching zone and if someone is there ask them. Youd get 5 mins to get to zone to lot it which is more than enough time
Offline
Posts: 14020
By Quiznor 2012-02-15 14:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
Ericnuke said: »
From my experience in dyna the weapons and af gear are based on TH and coins are more on red procs(assuming u have all TE, which u should). I'm sure coins are affected with TH as well, but not sure. Think I read where each color proc opened up another slot for coins to drop, but not completely sure. IMO, if you want just armor or weapon just kill fast as you can with TH and dont worry about proc'ing, just make sure you get the TE's 1st so you can have plenty of time and proc once you get what you want, good luck!
weapons/gear - more chance of dropping with no proc, TH helps
currency - more chance of dropping with proc, TH helps
-any proc gets you at least 1 currency
-blue!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-yellow!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-red!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-white!! - opens up a slot for 100% 100 drop

while getting TE obviously gives you more time, if you are only after your base weapon just go murder lots of quadavs and get TE if you need it

False,we got a red proc after all 5 TE's and got NOTHING (not even 1 coins or anything else of any form) from the mob,had TH7 or higher on at the time and each of the 4 of us in party were like "wtf"
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4784
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-15 14:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
No where does it say "Guarantees a drop." The statement is accurate.
Offline
Posts: 14020
By Quiznor 2012-02-15 15:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quiznor said: »
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
Ericnuke said: »
From my experience in dyna the weapons and af gear are based on TH and coins are more on red procs(assuming u have all TE, which u should). I'm sure coins are affected with TH as well, but not sure. Think I read where each color proc opened up another slot for coins to drop, but not completely sure. IMO, if you want just armor or weapon just kill fast as you can with TH and dont worry about proc'ing, just make sure you get the TE's 1st so you can have plenty of time and proc once you get what you want, good luck!
weapons/gear - more chance of dropping with no proc, TH helps
currency - more chance of dropping with proc, TH helps
-any proc gets you at least 1 currency
-blue!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-yellow!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-red!! - opens up a slot for additional possible drop
-white!! - opens up a slot for 100% 100 drop

while getting TE obviously gives you more time, if you are only after your base weapon just go murder lots of quadavs and get TE if you need it

False,we got a red proc after all 5 TE's and got NOTHING (not even 1 coins or anything else of any form) from the mob,had TH7 or higher on at the time and each of the 4 of us in party were like "wtf"

bolded the part that says otherwise,and unbolded the already bolded stuff @ Tikal,because reading and not skimming is hard
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4784
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-15 15:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ah, apologies. You're right then; that's incorrect, currency is never guaranteed (except with white-proc).
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Burkey
Posts: 165
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-02-16 15:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
well, ok. but in every, every, every run i have ever done in dynamis, procing red has got me at least 1 coin, always. never have i procd and got nothing.

conclusion: the chance of getting nothing with a proc is very, very small, i guess
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Gawdless
Posts: 1922
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 16:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Best thing to do is when you enter shout "I dont want (Insert relic here) to drop ever!)

when i farmed bastok for scythe we got in this order

2 ito
1 axe
1 GS
1 ito
2 axe
1gs
then i shouted "Please drop any relic besides scythe and the next mob dropped a scythe (10) mins left before we got booted
then we got another ito.

Disclaimer: note that this is of course coincidence and 60% of the time it works everytime.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
Posts: 9265
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-16 16:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
took me 5 damn solo runs to get my ito to drop in bastok, but in that time i got 13 Gswords... its just random luck sadly.
Log in to post.