Returning To The World Of FFXI!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Returning To the World of FFXI!
Returning To the World of FFXI!
By Shunnedbahamut 2012-01-27 23:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, I am returning to the game and looking for some help/guidance upon return. I don't know any of the Odin community as I quit before the server merge, so it will be nice to meet new people as well as see some old faces. I have been doing a lot of research on THF's as it is my main job in the game and was wondering how much help I could find in getting gear and weapons for my THF. I know it's a lot to ask seeing as a THF doesn't help much in VW and things(as far as what I have read). But this time around I really want to enjoy the game and not make it a part-time job as it once was. I don't have any gil to throw around to get these items nor the cruor to brew everything I need. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.
By Shunnedbahamut 2012-01-28 00:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm not a Mithra nor do I have high fishing or the patience for it.. I'm a Tarutaru just looking for help without having to worry about how much gil I have. I much rather cruor farm and NPC choco blinkers if the need arises. I'm just looking for people that would help me and that I could repay by helping them in return and not having to shell out gil.
By Kaerin 2012-01-29 15:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

w
By Latifah 2012-01-29 15:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shunnedbahamut said: »
]Well I'm not a Mithra nor do I have high fishing or the patience for it.. I'm a Tarutaru just looking for help without having to worry about how much gil I have. I much rather cruor farm and NPC choco blinkers if the need arises. I'm just looking for people that would help me and that I could repay by helping them in return and not having to shell out gil.
i don't understand the mithra comment
 Shiva.Schatzie
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-01-29 16:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, I am returning to the game and looking for some help/guidance upon return. I don't know any of the Odin community as I quit before the server merge, so it will be nice to meet new people as well as see some old faces. I have been doing a lot of research on THF's as it is my main job in the game and was wondering how much help I could find in getting gear and weapons for my THF. I know it's a lot to ask seeing as a THF doesn't help much in VW and things(as far as what I have read). But this time around I really want to enjoy the game and not make it a part-time job as it once was. I don't have any gil to throw around to get these items nor the cruor to brew everything I need. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.
just find an LS, getting AF3+2 gear is very simple with the proper help. getting seals for them should be your first stop as they involve no gear.

next look into (if you have them disregard this) getting your dynamis city wins, so you can get assassins armlets, and the subsequent pieces to +2ing them.

lastly, research on the thf section about daggers to use, i dont know much there.
By Shunnedbahamut 2012-01-29 21:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The Mithra comment was due to a comment that was made earlier that was deleted shortly after asking me if i was and who i could receive help from if i was. I would like to find a good LS that could help but idk of any shells since I quit before the server merge. And yea I have been researching the whole AF2 sets and +2ing them just don't know how to go about it as a THF I'm not sure about soloing or duoing Dynamis pieces. as far as THF daggers go I'm looking to do a Twashter Magian Trail along with a STR Kila. Coruscanti and Lux Pugio are both on my wishlist but then again i'm not looking to make this game a part-time job again so doubt on getting those for a long time unless i get lucky. But if anyone from Odin is in a social/helping LS or knows of a good one just hit me up. I'll be starting my account up this wednesday.
By Latifah 2012-01-29 22:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

start with the job that you want, get lvl 11> go to zeruh mines touch a book near the entrace and select individual training>page 4>leech >join a pt there for page 4 all the way to 75 if you want or lvl 30 , you can reach lvl 99 in 1 or 2, the lvl caps will be a downtime tho, the af3+1 are easy to do if you shout, too much crap to type here im just too lazy, but the game is very easy now, you can do everything you had in 1 month or somehting
By Kaerin 2012-01-29 22:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to do a Twashter Magian Trail along with a STR Kila. Coruscanti and Lux Pugio are both on my wishlist but then again i'm not looking to make this game a part-time job

Lux is easy compared to Twash. So is Mandau honestly.
EDIT: Mandau is cheaper too. lol
By Shunnedbahamut 2012-01-29 23:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lux is easy compared to Twash. So is Mandau honestly.
EDIT: Mandau is cheaper too. lol[/quote]

Hmmm. well I was thinking about doing the Mandau but didn't know which one was easier to get. The Twashter always struck me as easy to get and thats why i had my sights set on it. but I'm already 90THF/NIN but have yet to get DNC lvl'd for sub which will definitely be one of the first things i do when i get back.
By Kaerin 2012-01-30 10:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pros/Cons

Mandau is better for damage then Twash, and overall it's cheaper gil wise if you're going to compare the 95s or 99s. Costs maybe 120mil~ Or a few months solo/duo farming dynamis for the 95, 99 is yet to be determined.

If you're only going to bring Twash to 90 it's a lot cheaper then Mandau, you can get it free if you can join a group farming empyreans, and Twash can used by DNC, Mandau can't. And while Mandau does better damage, Twash 90 isn't a horrible option, it's most likely the best dagger you can reasonably get without much time/money investment. It's the level 95 upgrade that requires 1500 heavy metal plates (that sell for 120k~ each) that the money sink comes in.
By Shunnedbahamut 2012-01-30 12:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input Kaerin, I was actually thinking i'm only going to take it to the 90 cap as the 1500 heavy plates would take forever without a group of people helping or a lot of gil. and also being able to use the Twash as DNC main is also very nice for the times when THF main can't solo what I need and I don't have a partner.
By Shunnedbahamut 2012-02-01 21:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Currnetly installing all the updates they should be finished in the next 6hrs lol.. I may be on for a short while tonight but will definitely will be on tomorrow around 12:00EST. can't wait to meet all your original Odin players.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [168 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-07-18 17:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

a few months late... but welcome back taru!!!!!!!