Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Gearing Rudra's at 99
Gearing Rudra's at 99
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-14 00:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using the set Denore posted, though, my bad on the moonshade. I don't have one myself, so I usually forget it. I also assumed hume, as stated.

Still, it doesn't change any of the results.

2963 (+0dex)
2983 (+1dex)
2986 (+2dex)
3006 (+3dex)
3009 (+4dex)

2963 + 30 = 2993

So Brutal is still worth between 2 and 3 dex. It just moved it slightly closer to 2, as one would expect.

And my Rudra set uses 200dex. Ideally 196dex+moonshade, but meh.

If you're asking to change your Rudra set, get Athos body, Jupiter's Pearl, Thundersoul ring(Other slot being another Thundersoul or Rajas) and Thaumas nails.
[+]
 Shiva.Denore
Server: Shiva
user: Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-07-16 08:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Small boost in average damage, definite improvement in consistency with the ear/ring/feet.
Thanks again for the input.
Now if Rex would be so kind as to put out...
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-16 13:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Great thread. Much love to the peeps and math wizards.

Is it safe to assume 5% DA proc = 2 dex and that 3%DA+3%TA (Epona's) would equal 2.6 DEX? hehe

So to sum up what I just read, stack DEX and you're good. So why do I need to chase after Epona's again? to TP in? If I can get away with not getting that..... then sweet.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-07-16 15:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You need eponas to tp in. The (unfortunately common) practice of thfs ws in tons of (otherwise stat-less) multi hit gratis just a misinformed notion. Eponas was never the best ws ring. Brutal was a sidegrade to the 2-3 dex earrings (and atk earrings) at 75. Now its been outclassed by the 4dex ones on daggers and str for other jobs. The fact that you can only proc up to 2 total multi hits even on a 5hit ws just kills that gear on multi hit ws. On large ftp 1 hit ws the power of stats are increased via ftp and the multi price are piddly additions. Multi gear gets screwed both ways.
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-20 11:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
You need eponas to tp in. The (unfortunately common) practice of thfs ws in tons of (otherwise stat-less) multi hit gratis just a misinformed notion. Eponas was never the best ws ring. Brutal was a sidegrade to the 2-3 dex earrings (and atk earrings) at 75. Now its been outclassed by the 4dex ones on daggers and str for other jobs. The fact that you can only proc up to 2 total multi hits even on a 5hit ws just kills that gear on multi hit ws. On large ftp 1 hit ws the power of stats are increased via ftp and the multi price are piddly additions. Multi gear gets screwed both ways.

Yes I think I understand what you're saying. I see alot of equipment builds that use Brutal + (stat or attack earring) in them and thought that was the best way to go. You just helped me solidy on the notion with your info about losing out on da procs on multi-hit ws'es. GREAT INFO SIR.

Well,.... Rani is such a pushover now these days, she can be dual-boxxed......... on MNK... during 22:00-6:00..... amirite? >_>'

Btw,... HAHAH looky here: (who is Slane and Slane lol)

Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-21 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I know DEX+4 earring is better than Brutal, but what about Ghillie +1 (I couldn't really find anything definitive on that)? Also, I assume TP Bonus Moonshade > Ghillie +1 yea?

Something else I've always wondered is about when you TA Rudras without SA. How much DEX in one slot makes it not worth putting AGI in there instead? For instance Raider's +2 feet or Assassin's +2 feet for TA Rudras, or how about 10AGI vs. 7DEX in a slot?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-22 13:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but bump ^^ lol

Was really hoping for an answer especially on the Trick attack part. I've always wondered how much AGI was worth it for a WS with such a high DEX mod.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
Server: Ragnarok
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-07-23 19:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/264761
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-23 19:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

(((((mainhanddmg + mainhandfstr + (dex*.85*.6))*ftp)+agi)*crit damage bonus)*critpdif)+(offhanddmg + offhandfstr + (dex*.85*.6))*normalpdif = damage

Plug in the numbers you like and have fun factoring them out.

You can spare yourself DA/TA/QA proc for now, but remember that those tilt the favor in the direction of dex.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-30 10:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on Hecatomb Subligar + atm but until I get them I'm just using THF AF3+2 pants for the DEX. Would losing 2 DEX for 18 attack be worth it on the Tumbler Trunks for now?
By Luthiene 2012-08-09 19:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got my Twastar 80 and working on my 85 currently. I've seen countless gear sets for optimum Rudra's sets, but do u use the same set when stacked with TA? Maybe swap in AF1+1 hands? Is that even still the best hands for TA? Would be great if someone could post a gearset for their TA+Rudras. Thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-09 19:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd need more than twice as much AGI over DEX in any given slot to make it worthwhile, above 2.5x with TP Bonus Moonshade, and even STR vs AGI I'd hazard you want around 1.5 AGI per point of STR until fSTR capped, quite possibly more. Remember that the base damage bonuses from SA and TA are applied outside of http://fTP. As such, it's not particularly strong when you've got at least 3.25 base fTP, an offhand hit, and some DA/TA in the mix.
By Luthiene 2012-08-09 23:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Just got my Twastar 80 and working on my 85 currently. I've seen countless gear sets for optimum Rudra's sets, but do u use the same set when stacked with TA? Maybe swap in AF1+1 hands? Is that even still the best hands for TA? Would be great if someone could post a gearset for their TA+Rudras. Thanks.

If thats the case, then I dont see any slot being replaced by AGI except maybe Hecatomb Head by Ocelomeh? Also, are there better alternatives than Rogue's Armlets +1? I never really quite looked into the math of how it increased TA damage.
By Narb 2012-08-23 04:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

These are my current sets

Sneak Attack Down:

Swapping to Athos's Gloves on appropriate days.

Sneak Attack Up:

I have Hecatomb Mittens +1 with 4 dagger skill and 3 crit damage, curious as to if they are worthwhile.
 Fenrir.Othilda
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-08-23 11:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen some of the posts having Thaumas Nails in their gear set. Anyone have any comments on the rest of the Thaumas set for Rudra's? Was curious to see if anyone uses it, or if most stick to Athos's (for the body/legs/feet). Thanks in advance! ^^
 Fenrir.Frobos
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-08-23 11:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Athos's body and legs. Thaumas feet win by far. Feet should be the only Thaumas piece for Rudra's out of the set, unless you're talking about unstacked. I never use Rudra's unstacked over Exenterator or even Evisceration if you don't have Exen.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [238 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-04-18 10:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Frobos said: »
Just Athos's body and legs. Thaumas feet win by far. Feet should be the only Thaumas piece for Rudra's out of the set, unless you're talking about unstacked. I never use Rudra's unstacked over Exenterator or even Evisceration if you don't have Exen.

Meh they should fix that so even unstacked it does better DMG.......

Unstacked DMG is a joke atm.