& orc in dynamis sando blood agro, had sneak/invis on
 Odin.Almont
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-01-22 08:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said: »
The sneak wore off due to the NIN's casting poison if i'm not mistaken, not the BRD's melee attack. The NIN's just forced the link to happen as well as the BRD's

Either way, it doesn't appear to be due to Sneak wearing and the player not noticing due to lag. That's all I was pointing out.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2012-01-22 14:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The general consensus from what I've gathered from fellow BSTs and some DNCs that also solo Dynamis often is that, sometimes, for no apparent reason, there are indeed normal mobs that spawn with their TS trait from old school Dynamis intact. And after having done a run this morning with the sole purpose of testing that notion, I have seen it myself.

I did a quick run through of the entire Bastok zone. Before starting, I made sure to apply Sneak, Invisible, and even Deodorize for good measure. Not surprisingly, there are mobs that aggro through them. And not just in the NE corner either. Near the western area, where the mine entrance is, there was a MNK that followed suit.

I put in a bug report to Square, but odds are, they won't give half a rat's ***.
 Valefor.Megatron
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Megatron 2012-01-23 09:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That happened to me before in Dyna-Beau. We had just killed the 10 minute Gob TE, and I made my way solo up the ramp to go after the 20 minute TE. I casted ninjutsu spells Tonko and Monomi and started to make my way past the old Quiebitiel tower when a Hydra WHM detected me from afar, started casting Banishga III, and causing the other Hydra WHM & THF there to link. No yellow HP and both invis and sneak were on, same procedure as always. It seemed the Hydra WHM had detected me by sight as I was quite a distance from it to be sound, and I was at max HP.

I also encountered this going after the 10 min Quad TE down below. Invis and sneak were on (casted after killing the Yag TE on the ramp) but the Quad BST and Constable near the TE statue had aggro me even before engaging the statue. No warning messages in the log of the invis/sneak about to wear off, and icons and effects disappeared only after the mob that detected took the first strike on me.

Interestingly to me, I always thought that since the overhaul that Dynamis mobs detected by both sight and sound, with Hydra additionally detecting low HP, and Hippos/Taurus being true sight/sound. I never knew that Quads could be evaded with just sneak. I’ll always have both on though, just to be safe!

I agree with Jackieolivas that sometimes the old true sight/sound aggro patterns just kick in and get glitchy. Either that or the effects of invis/sneak spells sometimes are not working properly in Dynamis. I also reported the issue.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-23 09:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've honestly never had problems with sneak + inv working incorrectly in dynamis and I've done a lot solo now, until someone posts a definite picture that it's glitched I can't see anything other than human error.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-23 09:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done a billion dynamis and never noticed "normal" mobs with TS or TH. The manameister on the steps has true-hearing aggro'ed us many times. Also, we get hit by the monk NM near TE3 (i think it's 3). I have never ever aggro'ed a normal mob.

However, I watched a friend of mine cast sneak and invis (both) in salvage the other day. 3 seconds later ran (still invisible) in front of a black pudding and it aggro'ed him.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2012-01-23 09:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It was probably due to a statue you aggro'd. Dynamis-Bastok is notorious for that, and honestly it would be pretty hard to notice if you did aggro one. Could've been well before you even threw up sneak.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
Server: Bismarck
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2012-01-23 09:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this isn't exactly solid proof; however, if you look in the chat log it shows an Adamantking Effigy being buffed by Minne from a Minstrel, which was probably part of the group of mobs that ended up attacking you. You more than likely aggroed that statue.
 Fenrir.Aiiiight
Server: Fenrir
user: Aiiiight
By Fenrir.Aiiiight 2012-01-23 10:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »
actually i can tell you exactly what happened. you use a reraise. you gain the effect of reraise. you use a pot of silent oil. you never gained the effect. You most likely started running pre-maturely and the oil didn't actually get used..

indeed, your original jig had not worn off, so you just casted sneak on top of it giving no effect, so your aggro was initial jig wearing off. Can only recast over invis with vis, not the same with sneak
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2012-01-23 10:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Look again. At the top it says sneak wore, then he reraised, used oil, then sneak wore again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Coder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: coder
By Quetzalcoatl.Coder 2012-01-23 11:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to bet one of these statues saw you whether or not you are denying it.

2 statues in the vicinity is far from 'no statues'

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-01-23 11:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »
actually i can tell you exactly what happened. you use a reraise. you gain the effect of reraise. you use a pot of silent oil. you never gained the effect. You most likely started running pre-maturely and the oil didn't actually get used..

This would hold merit if the time-stamp didnt indicate a 5 minute lapse between "The effect of sneak is about to wear off." and "You use a pot of silent oil." >.>;; Also, if started running, it would've said "The pot of Silent oil fails to activate."

edit:
Ugh my reading skills suck right before bed. There was a 1 minute laps between using the oil and sneak wearing off, and a 6 minute lapse between the "sneak about to wear" message, and the actual wearing of sneak from unidentified sorce @_@
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-23 11:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience in Bastok just this past week is that the Statues are true sight. I had sneak/invis up and got aggro from the statue next to the MNK NM.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-23 12:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
However, I watched a friend of mine cast sneak and invis (both) in salvage the other day. 3 seconds later ran (still invisible) in front of a black pudding and it aggro'ed him.

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
In my experience in Bastok just this past week is that the Statues are true sight. I had sneak/invis up and got aggro from the statue next to the MNK NM.

Maybe it's just you >.>

Now i know why there's deodorize.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2012-01-23 13:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
I wanted to see if this happened to anyone else. I encountered a glitch that pretty much ended my run in Bastok.

It's common knowledge that Quadav aggro sound. Well, I ran into some Quadavs that could see me. I purposely used oil to avoid having to use Jig over and over (which can be very dangerous in Bastok's NE corner).

At this point, I have 4/5 TEs, to include the one standing next to the MNK NM. I am regrouping after that fight to go for the last one on the ground level of the NE end. After running past half a zone worth of mobs without any issue, and paying close attention not to get near any NQ stones since I know those are sight, I get to the TE stone only to get jumped by two NIN class Quadavs.

Anyone that has been there knows that if you die in that NE corner, you're pretty much done for the night. It's nigh impossible to get up and get Sneak/Oil/Jig up fast enough to avoid any aggro in that tight, packed in space.

Inb4POIDH

Happened to us too. We discovered on our skins that one of the Qadavs actually aggro to sight. Not every quadav, just one type. On our first run in bastok we got aggro from the group of qadav on the way to the alchemy guild with sneak on. It may be a glitch of that specific place or one of the quadavs (kusa or dunno which one) actually aggro to sight too. M
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-23 13:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »

Maybe it's just you >.>

Now i know why there's deodorize.

!!!...

...thanks...
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-01-23 13:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Statues are all sight aggro, and they link with the beastmen.
[+]