Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Drg attack
Drg attack
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-30 03:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed my entire point about war and DD. The ONLY reason war is as popular as it has been since abyssea is because it procs like mad. In abyssea it could cover all red except katana and a crapload of blue. In VW it covers a HUGE array of procs on 1 job.

Drg covers virtually nothing.

I dont go nearly exclusivly rng to VW because it out DDs my drg (its nowhere near my drgs DD prowess). I go because it procs marks/arch and almost all axe/dagger in 1 party slot.

War is popular (right now) because of the NON damage stuff it can do. Damage is a bonus, not a requirement. If you removed all the procs from war and gave them to drg, guess who would be the next bandwagon.

My point is that more damage wont fix drg. You point to angon and say 'thats it!?' I remember being 75 and being picked to go to zergs as THF over my drg for crying out loud because 'at least thf has TH'. Then after angon came out i went to EVERY zerg as drg for angon even though i couldnt zerg for *** (at 75 pre-magian).

Angon took drg from undesirable to a must have at every major event. The utility is what did it, not our damage. Right now war is popular for its utility in procing everything. Even if we DID out DD wars, they would kick us for one in a second. Damage wont fix drg. We need to have what players want. That has always been to have what you need to get more stuff with less people. It used to be TH. Then it was abyssea procs. Now its VW procs. My drg could out DD all the verathranga-less mnks by miles in abyssea, but everyone clamored for mnks because you could pop in blunt, proc, and move on with your life. No one gives a ***if my drg can kill a mob in 3 minutes and take a gimpy mnk 6 minutes because in 6 minutes you have your drop in blunt window. WIth drg its dead in 3 minutes, then you spend another 20 farming another pop because it was archery proc instead of polearm.

What can drg do to make a HUGE impact on an alli to the point that players want it and would miss it? Angon was a great start in that direction. Atk bonus VI wouldnt have that impact. Alternatively what can drg do in a skeleton crew (super low man efficiency like Mnk+whm abyssea bandwagon)? I am not sure, but something to encourage that. Those are the only to ways in the new vanadiel to increase your popularity. back at 75 you just needed TH4, angon, and a crapload of killing power/support jobs in every other slot, so highest damage jobs won. Damage isnt the center of getting your ***faster anymore. Its about these funky proc systems and/or low man efficiency. Atk bonus VI doesnt help us in those directions in the slightest. That would only matter if SE does away with all procing and its back to TH slot. DD slots. Support slots. for an alli.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-12-30 10:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So much nuking going on.

Chill
By Ophannus 2011-12-30 10:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see how the new hate mechanic on High Jump and Soul Jump will be used in rpactical situations of a full alliance. Meles dont line up behind the DRG they just engage the mob wherever they please.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-30 11:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
They have ZERO acc boosting abilities. Their gear is ridiculously atk/str heavy and acc/dex light compared to ours etc.

I realize that I'm quibbling but Diabolic Eye is a pretty big deal. Also, you claim the drks in your parse were high end but the higher end gear can be highly condusive to accuracy. I recall days of "man it sure sucks to have AJ or homam body as our only decent gear". DRK has tons of gear options in comparison to DRG.

That being said I still firmly dissagree. I've been DRG main forever. I think WOTG was released just after I dinged 75 DRK. I still feel if there were 2 ashmans playing on the test server using my current gear I would beat my own drgs ***. I don't mean to harp on and on (im not trying to convince anyone drk is better) it's just the job I am most familiar with. I'm pretty sure my raging rush widowmaker war would outparse my drg, and semi-sure kikogusaku/askar sam would at least give it a run for the money. There is something inherently wrong with the fact that I could abyssea level/gear a job in 2 days and beat the everliving ***out of my 8+ year main job.

It's all well and good that we have angon and can fill the support job role. I enjoy drg i really do. I don't want 15 attack traits on drg and to have it become the next bandwagon job... Maybe just... I don't know.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-30 22:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of you know the value of attack on Drakesbane versus STR?
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-31 17:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on pfid, mob level, and your crit rate on that mob. Very hard to pin down an general X atk= Y str on a crit WS. Varies a lot based on mob/buffs.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-31 21:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My general idea would be anything starting on higher tier VW nms.

General idea being that their defense is far higher than anything else we fight.

I'm guesstimating anything: between 600-700 defense, along with a crit rate and or a crit rate from ddex being around 10-13% if not 5-10%

I figured since Drakesbane holds 19-20% negative, it would be over valued in a lot of ways vs. str.