Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Nyzul
Nyzul
By Ellisior 2011-12-28 07:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to start working my way to floor 100 so I can unlock Drakesbane for my DRG. So I was wondering if there are any Nyzul groups out there or perhaps enough people wanting to do the climb to make our own Nyzul group.

I have a decent BST/BLM/WHM/WAR (RDM/SAM/DNC subs) as well as a well geared NIN. I have never done a Nyzul run and have no assaults (not sure if assaults matter for Nyzul), but I do have 4 tags ready to go.
 Odin.Osodabear
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: osodabear
By Odin.Osodabear 2011-12-28 07:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If your on odin i have 99 BLM/NIN/DRG/THF/DNC/RDM/SMN/SAM/BST all fully merited and im on floor 25
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-28 08:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer an uncertainty of yours Ellisior, assaults do not matter for Nyzul, but you do gain rank up credit for Nyzul wins.

Leading a group is easy as hell now a days, 3 people is ideal IMO with either 2 rapid solo DD (I.E. drg/mage, blu/--- being my personal favourite) and 1 healer, or for general climb floors any 3 soloist DD but with 1 person /whm for certain -na spells (blu or drg /whm work exceptionally here again).
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-12-28 08:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »
To answer an uncertainty of yours Ellisior, assaults do not matter for Nyzul, but you do gain rank up credit for Nyzul wins.

Leading a group is easy as hell now a days, 3 people is ideal IMO with either 2 rapid solo DD (I.E. drg/mage, blu/--- being my personal favourite) and 1 healer, or for general climb floors any 3 soloist DD but with 1 person /whm for certain -na spells (blu or drg /whm work exceptionally here again).

You gain 5 points for your first succesful Nyzul, and 1 point per winning run after that, I got to SL from nyzul only back in the day.

Also dont waste your time bringing in crap like Drg/Blu. One healer and any 2 non fell cleaved DD's will clear faster then solo jobs. Ive been doing clears for a friend's tokens for yagrush and we always get 10 floors, highest was 16 using Whm + 2 Strong DD. 16 floors was recent with 5/5 Shoha sam and relic gun. We usually went 2 ninja's 1 kannagi and would never get less then 10 floors.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2011-12-28 08:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu works really well in nyzul isle it can do everything that is needed, dd, tank, heal and sleep makes floor clearing very fast. If you can find a blu with really good gear it goes even quicker. I get 10mp a tick in there which keeps my mp up even when spamming some spells to get "leader" floors done quicker. I can help time and day depending just send me a tell in game.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-28 09:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »

You gain 5 points for your first succesful Nyzul, and 1 point per winning run after that, I got to SL from nyzul only back in the day.

Also dont waste your time bringing in crap like Drg/Blu. One healer and any 2 non fell cleaved DD's will clear faster then solo jobs. Ive been doing clears for a friend's tokens for yagrush and we always get 10 floors, highest was 16 using Whm + 2 Strong DD. 16 floors was recent with 5/5 Shoha sam and relic gun. We usually went 2 ninja's 1 kannagi and would never get less then 10 floors.

While I don't disagree with the idea of 2 heavy DD, I would truely like to know how anything bar a kclub rng spamming last resort, or something equally unreasonable for most new climbers would even come close to the efficiency of blu in nyzul? My own gear is way above average for certain but I can two shot any non-HNM boss with a chain, or whisker down any amount (barring resists) of kill-all mobs. Drg/mage is less gear/skill reliant, and equally survivable and low maint, hence I mentioned in the same breath.

Edit: In many situations, splitting up is more efficient than running together. Being able to cleave down mob masses or effectively 1 shot any target removes the risk of loss of speed.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2011-12-28 09:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like know how blu and drg dont count as heavy dds? Killing mobs in one spell/cdc not count?
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-28 09:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
I would like know how blu and drg dont count as heavy dds? Killing mobs in one spell/cdc not count?

I was being more roundabout but basically asking this lol.

Only thing it might be is that too many people still see drg as a weak link (despite being situationally the #1 DD) and blu as a short lived poor-man's mage.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2011-12-28 10:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Though with the amount of lolblus there are, running around with mp sticks on, finding a good blu is hard. I did a 100 run with a bunch of blus tryimg to learn spells none of then had a refresh or haste and casting sets. One blu decided to say "once khimmys wing break they stay broken and thats from years of experience" even though the wings went back up for the last 5% of hp and a few times before that then killed before it could use another tp move because someone wouldnt stop.
 Odin.Stormcroww
By Odin.Stormcroww 2011-12-28 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am Game Oso. I have not been on as much lately but ill send you a tell when I get on. Also on floor 25. I have a buddy that is always game for runs.
I've done a few runs with Creaucent way back in the day. One of the reasons I leveled blu.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [317 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Tuis
user: Tuisodin
By Odin.Tuis 2012-11-09 10:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anybody doing NI Investigation nowadays? Had a couple of parties recently but having trouble getting people together for a really productive climb. Currently stuck on floor 55. BTW, to the posters above, I almost always use blu in old Nyzul - works really well.