POL-5434, What Is This?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » POL-5434, What is this?
POL-5434, What is this?
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 07:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I logged out of the game last night after skilling up in Kuftal Tunnel, and I received the message along the lines of "This PlayOline Account has been Suspended," with a code of POL-5434.

What is this, and have any of you received it before? I can't call the customer support because they're closed on the weekends. This isn't the standard "oh we can't charge your card" error, because they usually just don't allow you to get on the game, but can access POL just fine.

And before you ask, no I don't RMT, use third party tools, hack, or anything else that you aren't supposed to do.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-05-02 07:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Try reaching someone ingame and GM?

Honestly else no idea what could suspend your account except what you said you dont do :x
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-02 07:47:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

You've been banned. Quit duping Cumulus Cells!

But seriously, last night was Registration Server maintenance. Your payment information might need to be updated. Check to see if your card didn't expire. You should have been getting LM-18 messages this month when you login if that were the case.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 07:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
You've been banned. Quit duping Cumulus Cells!

But seriously, last night was Registration Server maintenance. Your payment information might need to be updated. Check to see if your card didn't expire. You should have been getting LM-18 messages this month when you login if that were the case.

Maybe, but even still...I've unfortunately experienced the missed payment ordeal before, and all that happened was I couldn't get on the actual game. This is the first time that I've been denied access to PlayOnline.

And /laugh at the duping. I've still never done any Salvage. ; ;
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 07:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth a shot. I truly have no idea what I did to get this. Though I don't know how I'll be able to reach any of my ingame friends without actually being able to sign on to POL.
 Hades.Oakie
user: Oakie
By Hades.Oakie 2009-05-02 08:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

sucks, good luck getting unbanned
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 08:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oakie said:
sucks, good luck getting unbanned

Yeah...I hope this gets cleared up and soon.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-05-02 08:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on my LS got booted off last night for something that sounds similar... I'm yet to see him still..
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-02 09:52:49

I'm certain you aren't banned. You would have gotten one of those LM-17 messages that "Playonline Services have stopped".

Because of the timing, this sounds more like a simple payment problem and with the registration server down for maintenance, you might not even be able to get back on PoL until it's over.

You'll probably have to sit out the weekend, but I wouldn't worry about it.

I will admit, though, I've never seen that code before, and I once had my card expire and the message I got was LM-18 and it specifically said I needed to update my card. All I had to update was the expiration date though, the card number was the same. I just forgot to update it when I got my new card that month. Hopefully it's not a Special Task Force code for GTFO.

Ask yourself the following questions, though:

Did you share your account information with anyone? Hopefully you haven't just been robbed.

Do you play on console such as PS2 or XBOX?

If so, and if you haven't shared your account information, (Hopefully you have a Security Token), did you do anything such as harass or stalk someone that may warrant for action against you?

If you play on PC are you using Windower or any third party tools and did you admit to using any of these tools in the game to anyone?

Are you using any "obvious" 3rd party applications that affect your movement speed or allow you to hop to any zone and coordinates that you input?

Have you ever slept with another girl? If not, would you be interested and do you live in the United States?! Click my MSN button and add me!
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 11:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:

Did you share your account information with anyone? Hopefully you haven't just been robbed.

No way, I don't trust people with my information.

If so, and if you haven't shared your account information, (Hopefully you have a Security Token), did you do anything such as harass or stalk someone that may warrant for action against you?

Yeah, I'm an Xboxer (fail, I know) and I do have that nifty little token. I'm to myself most of the time, and definitely don't harass people.

If you play on PC are you using Windower or any third party tools and did you admit to using any of these tools in the game to anyone?

Are you using any "obvious" 3rd party applications that affect your movement speed or allow you to hop to any zone and coordinates that you input?

Have you ever slept with another girl? If not, would you be interested and do you live in the United States?! Click my MSN button and add me!

^ >.> You are one bold woman.
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-02 11:55:49

Jacinda said:
Gaea said:

No way, I don't trust people with my information.

Yeah, I'm an Xboxer (fail, I know) and I do have that nifty little token. I'm to myself most of the time, and definitely don't harass people.

^ >.> You are one bold woman.

So... you aren't going to add me?

Oh, and back on topic, then you'd be one of the last people I'd think to be confused with anything RMT, or Third party application. This could also be one of those Security Token mishaps I've been hearing about. Did you just recently register your token? Try logging into your SE account and make sure everything's OK.

But with the timing being during Registration Server Maintenance, I'd have to go with my original assumption that this is related to a billing problem.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-02 12:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, I do live in the US, and my MSN is on my profile now. As for the sleeping with another woman; I'd comment on that, but we have to keep poor Ludoggy's sanity in mind.

Guess I really don't have a choice but to sit this weekend out. Damn it though; I just got Penta Thrust and I wanted to reach 65 this weekend. Not to mention, my ls has JoL tonight. ; ;
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-02 12:47:55

*SIGN IN!*
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [304 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Alithir
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Alithir 2010-03-02 14:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's for a failed attempt at billing your credit card. Check your cards expiration date or account info and update it in the pol system. Should work no problem. Appears my billing was on an account that was closed I forgot about one time and I got the same message. Good Luck.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-03-02 14:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a tad late with that info O.o
 Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama 2010-03-02 14:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy necro post!!! 304 days O.o

learn to check dates before posting, Alithir?