First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 50 51 52
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-11 13:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I feel your points are contradictory to each other. The haste isn't important but drks don't get how little haste they need to cap?
The latter is the precise reason for the former. It's not contradictory.

If the atmacite isn't being used for other stats first and haste as a potential side bonus for long fights, I would argue that upgrading such an atmacite is a waste of cruor. If you're fine without BRD or SCH buffs, why blow through 2.5+ million gil's worth of cruor for what is essentially VW's flavor of fodder content?
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-09-11 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
still keeps atmacites im mind

Yes, def, on LR down setup VW tp set I do, my post was just to correct the brd thing.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-11 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I feel your points are contradictory to each other. The haste isn't important but drks don't get how little haste they need to cap?
The latter is the precise reason for the former. It's not contradictory. If the atmacite isn't being used for other stats first and haste as a potential side bonus for long fights, I would argue that upgrading such an atmacite is a waste of cruor. If you're fine without BRD or SCH buffs, why blow through 2.5+ million gil's worth of cruor for what is essentially VW's flavor of fodder content?

But if you're getting 15 stats from the atmacite already (equal to what most of the other atmacites have 1 of). I can get a lot more out of 5 less gear haste than most atmacites offer...
Is 2.5m hard to make now? I don't mind playing devils advocate (I do it plenty myself) but if you're saying most people wouldn't pay 2.5m for 15 to all stats and the chance to shrug off 5% gear haste while still having the same attack speed... i dunno.
My only point is that he sounds very "meh" about the whole thing. It's not a shitty atmacite and i definitely wouldn't use the fights being short as an excuse not to gear for it.

edit* in retrospect I forgot this is GS only thread. I still feel my point is relevant, just less so.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-11 14:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again I never said whether the Atmacite is good or bad, both the Haste atmacites are amazing and I use both of them when I don't need the TP Bonus from Discipline. What I was saying is that the Haste is a very small reason to use the atmacite on Drk because it will only be useful for 1 minute out of 4 assuming that you are even fighting something that lasts longer than 4 minutes.

Quote:
So youre suggesting when you have embrava on then lol, an embrava set is completely different than standard vw set, in which case yes haste wont matter because youll cap with any respectable gear combination
You don't need Embrava to cap haste, Marchx2 and Haste will do the trick just as good. If you aren't getting Marchx2, ask for it, if you don't have a Brd in VW, I'm not sure what is going on or you are in the proc PT for some reason. You can even haste yourself with Champions drink so the only thing you have to even possibly worry about is your Brd thinking March+Min is a good song set.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-11 14:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Once again I never said whether the Atmacite is good or bad, both the Haste atmacites are amazing and I use both of them when I don't need the TP Bonus from Discipline. What I was saying is that the Haste is a very small reason to use the atmacite on Drk because it will only be useful for 1 minute out of 4 assuming that you are even fighting something that lasts longer than 4 minutes.

Then i misunderstood.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-11 15:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

But if you're getting 15 stats from the atmacite already (equal to what most of the other atmacites have 1 of). I can get a lot more out of 5 less gear haste than most atmacites offer...
I put a pretty significant disclaimer at the beginning of the second paragraph, think you skipped over it. I haven't looked up the atmacites being discussed and I sure as hell don't have atmacite stats memorized.

Quote:
Is 2.5m hard to make now?
No, but that's 2.5+ mil (again, haven't looked up the atmacite(s) - they can get much more expensive than ~1mil cruor) that I can either put towards something else or not farm in the first place. That's what, roughly two solo Dynamis runs? Four hours that I could be doing something else vs optimizing for low-tier VW runs.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-09-11 18:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Vaillant is one of those 2.5m cruor one.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-11 21:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So youre suggesting when you have embrava on then lol, an embrava set is completely different than standard vw set, in which case yes haste wont matter because youll cap with any respectable gear combination
You don't need Embrava to cap haste, Marchx2 and Haste will do the trick just as good. If you aren't getting Marchx2, ask for it, if you don't have a Brd in VW, I'm not sure what is going on or you are in the proc PT for some reason. You can even haste yourself with Champions drink so the only thing you have to even possibly worry about is your Brd thinking March+Min is a good song set.

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Well this debate is less about maxing haste and more about what we call proper buffs and avoiding excess haste, fair enough, where 4 minutes come into play idk then lol, swap to more haste in gear to max delay all you can? Feels like common sense, still keeps atmacites in mind

And fights that last less than 4 minutes generally involve jeuno T3 and below, decent qilin shout groups, and various cherry picked fights. Ive done plenty of qilin fights where one DD party has the cor and the other has the brd, and if i'm the one with the brd then ill suggest double marchs (and be setup in what i call my "embrava/haste cap set"), but if im in the cor pt then ill be geared accordingly, which will be based on the whole picture for the fight, including atmacites. these short lived fights are often a throw together of any jobs that people offer up, and very rarely includes a brd and cor for each pt, so no buffs should ever be assumed (unless you happen to be in an ls that organizes its own vw i guess)

edit:
coercion 1,575,000 cruor STR+5 AGI+5 Accuracy+10 "Regain"+3
valiant 2,625,000 cruor HP+10% All attributes +15 Accuracy+5 Haste+5%
latitude 1,575,000 cruor MND+5 "Subtle Blow"+10 TP Bonus +50 Haste +3%

for the record
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Atmacite
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-11 21:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Ragnarok Aftermath worth keeping up over Resolution spam?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-11 21:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Splitting up buffers is the worst idea ever, if you really want to give buffers to the proc PT (which honestly isn't even that good of an idea) get an extra Brd. Unless your server is just -that- different than mine, it is very rare to have buffers split up, to the point where it's hardly worth talking about and it is very easy to assume songs. In fact it's much more often that you'll get a bad Brd that wants to use Minuet or something like that. Also once again if the fight lasts more than 4 minutes (which most fights are actually below that timer) change your gear for 1 minute, it still doesn't make atmacite Haste very good.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-11 21:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Is the Ragnarok Aftermath worth keeping up over Resolution spam?
Never
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-11 22:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there ever a time when it's good to put it up? Certain events, starting a long NM with 300TP, etc?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-11 22:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe someone can come up with a rare fight that it's worth using on, it's really not worth thinking about honestly.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-11 22:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So, use Scourge for trial upgrades only, got it. lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-11 22:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The gains from 300 TP aftermath don't even compensate for the loss in WS damage from a 300 TP Reso. Popping a wing for 300 TP mid-fight is also a loss regardless of which WS you use. The only way I could justify Scourge post-trials is if you know you'll kill the monster with it and there's something close enough nearby that you can get some benefit from AM1 as a result. Even then, it's +5% critrate vs the possibility of the 95% hitrate cap kicking in and forcing you to spend an extra round or two killing the first monster.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-11 22:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The gains from 300 TP aftermath don't even compensate for the loss in WS damage from a 300 TP Reso. Popping a wing for 300 TP mid-fight is also a loss regardless of which WS you use. The only way I could justify Scourge post-trials is if you know you'll kill the monster with it and there's something close enough nearby that you can get some benefit from AM1 as a result. Even then, it's +5% critrate vs the possibility of the 95% hitrate cap kicking in and forcing you to spend an extra round or two killing the first monster.

Agree, I use it only to kill a mob or to do self light.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-09-11 22:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

for the pure purpose of PLD what would be a decent tp/ws set? I'm looking to work on drk and pld soon :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Loneshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Loneshadow 2012-09-11 22:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so it's a bad idea to use Dusty Wings?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-11 22:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yes
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Loneshadow
By Quetzalcoatl.Loneshadow 2012-09-11 22:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yes
Been doing it wrong for awhile.. I need to read more.
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-09-11 22:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I pop dusty wings if I whiff the weaponskill.
By Avitori 2012-09-12 20:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some advice please

This is what i'm using for tp (armada is 6stp 3 da)

I don't have mala yet, but am going to spam him soon. What should I be using until I get it? Is Bale Choker 2nd best?
Would appreciate any help? thanks :)
By Gimpness 2012-09-12 20:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Need some advice please

This is what i'm using for tp (armada is 6stp 3 da)

I don't have mala yet, but am going to spam him soon. What should I be using until I get it? Is Bale Choker 2nd best?
Would appreciate any help? thanks :)

Rancor, I'd assume.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-09-12 20:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Rancor
By Avitori 2012-09-12 20:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay thanks guys :)
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kuahana
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-14 07:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Loneshadow said: »
Quote:
Yes
Been doing it wrong for awhile.. I need to read more.

using a tp wing mid fight only works if you need tp to proc (i.e. swapping to another weapon for the purpose of procing a ws) this is assuming you aren't fully hasted (march's + haste, embrava).
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-19 17:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best TP body to use as a placeholder until Armada/Valkyrie?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-19 18:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Porthos Byrnie i would assume if acc is capped and can also use it if you have embrava and last resort up.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-19 18:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea, I forgot about Porthos lol...Well let me ask a new question since I have only killed Bismarck once for the sake of clearing like 5 months ago not to mention my luck in VW is horrible. What's the best TP body to use (excluding Porthos) as a placeholder until Armada/Valkyrie?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-19 19:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically just trying to figure out if Enif/Murzim fits in there anywhere after those 3 bodies and which of those 2 is the better choice.
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 50 51 52