Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » farming tips ><
farming tips ><
 Bismarck.Drue
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-05-01 23:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm trying to get better gear for my pup. I was wondering if you guy's would share. (not a real big bcnm or ksnm person)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-01 23:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I would but anytime anything gets popular SE nukes it into oblivion.... though do fishing its so boring that it will never be popular :)
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-01 23:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

look at the other farming threads ;P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-01 23:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Diversify and be patient.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-01 23:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

But really pretty much the mear suggestion of a way to make money will bring more people to it which will create a oversupply... people will panic put it up for alot lower then going price. Other people will see alot and bid lower and bam that method is destroyed. Oh and most people dont have patience for gardening which is funny cause it dont really take much time if you do it on mules that dont go no where. Granted not fast money but what is anymore
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-01 23:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Drue said:
So I'm trying to get better gear for my pup. I was wondering if you guy's would share. (not a real big bcnm or ksnm person)

It's expensive as hell to get a 'good' Pup with gear. :x
I hate farming so I do BCNM/KSNM, and I'm sure if anyone has anything worthwhile farming, she/he ain't saying ***.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-01 23:52:29
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

get away from my ladybugs or imma cut you o.o

loljk...or im i O.O
 Bismarck.Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-05-01 23:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if my spots were still worth anything i would share :X. Would pup/dnc be good for a bcnm or ksnm? (not a fan of nin)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-01 23:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ughhhh...Well only thing I see Pup good with is kiting, I'm not sure what BCNM they could actually DD in (since at a low level, Pups are relatively weak, reguardless of gear). Well I know in UO, a Pup can kite the main boss while a Blu and/or Nin x2 takes out the others, not sure how kiting with pets is. Hell I say go with Ladybugs. Not on my server so I don't care. :D
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-05-02 01:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I've always liked to farm is wool:
Get your clothcraft to the mid 30's (This can be done for practically nothing if you farm your materials.)

Sit in konschtat with lots of inventory space, lots of wind, lightning and earth crystals, and THF sub is bitchin' for this.

make sheep wool: (Caps leather4): sheepskinx2 + wind crystal

Turn wool into thread: lightning crystal + 2 sheep wool

And then thread into cloth!: 3 thread + earth crystal.

for the love of fruit loops, don't overstock the AH and cause the price to crash, mix and match your product, sell a little thread stacks and a little cloth stacks. If done carefully it's steady income. Save the stacks of meat you get and throw those on AH, 2k every here and there really does add up! I hope this helps~
 Bismarck.Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-05-02 01:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm gonna have to check that out
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-05-02 01:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, here's another:

Attohwa chasm, WHM sub or any mage with snk and invis, heck even Ninja for their snk (it's nice!)

Take a ton of pickaxes with you and excavate chicken bones. On asura they are like 10k/stack, they're really nice to dig up since they're common in attohwa ^^. Used in a few cooking recipes, and also a couple of bonecraft ones (Like Gelatin for example). Think outside the box and I'm sure you'll find a nice little niche for yourself :)
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-05-02 01:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This site is your friend. Take a look at the stuff that sells super fast and then look at the ingredients. Especially stuff that crafters are using to level on. Most crafters PL their craft to 100 so they don't take the time to farm. You can easily make money off these items.

Example. Copper ingots. Cap at level 3 gold. You can buy the ores from npc for like 9gil. They sell for 4-5k a stack. It takes too long for crafters at high levels to waste time making them vs buying of Ah.
 Bismarck.Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-05-02 01:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I could do that too hmmm not a bad idea.
 Titan.Xanakali
Server: Titan
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-05-02 03:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

In some cases, the price variance for a certain item can vary greatly between cities, with a strong feel for the AH as a whole, there's money to be had simply importing/exporting.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-02 03:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice your profile says you're on DM fight, so.. if you're looking for some "Big Bucks", you could try getting despot with a friend (I'd go with RDM/NIN >.> Only one I trust to not die..) one day when sky's empty, if you can kill then it's a 100% pimp payout (Gem sells for around 400k on Sylph atm, so 200k each =P)

I'm not too well up on PUP, so you'll have to bear with me if I make some mistakes XD

Would work well if you set your Auto to BLM, have it nuke a while after you get it to somewhere you can kite, and if it dies (dunno if they get hate from nuking >_> I heard not, but that guy also only had PUP1.. >.>), just repop it =P

Despot doesn't explode like other dollies, and only has 1 TP move, "Panzerfaust", so it's fairly important your RDM is good with shadows XD
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-05-02 04:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Israfel said:
One thing I've always liked to farm is wool:
Get your clothcraft to the mid 30's (This can be done for practically nothing if you farm your materials.)

Sit in konschtat with lots of inventory space, lots of wind, lightning and earth crystals, and THF sub is bitchin' for this.

make sheep wool: (Caps leather4): sheepskinx2 + wind crystal

Turn wool into thread: lightning crystal + 2 sheep wool

And then thread into cloth!: 3 thread + earth crystal.

for the love of fruit loops, don't overstock the AH and cause the price to crash, mix and match your product, sell a little thread stacks and a little cloth stacks. If done carefully it's steady income. Save the stacks of meat you get and throw those on AH, 2k every here and there really does add up! I hope this helps~

You can do this with rainbow thread and cloth from spider webs you get from right outside Al Zhabi, too.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-05-02 04:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Temeraire said:

You can do this with rainbow thread and cloth from spider webs you get from right outside Al Zhabi, too.

Yep^^! only thing is you'd need 75~ CC for the threads (cap 78?)
And around 77~ish for the cloth (Caps 80) >_<
And I don't think Drue has either of these ; ;, but still, very good tip for the masses who do have clothcraft at higher levels ^^ /highfives
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-05-02 05:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who does make a living from doing as suggested by Temeraire and Israfel... It's just hard and annoying to do this solo on THF (which you have to farm on for best drop rate) unless you can Dbox.

Sickle Slash and poison = either A) spending money to self heal with bloody bolts or B) downtime by resting. You're going to take some damage, not alot but it does add up.

If you farm on another job, that's fine too but you're not going to see webs as much without TH. The drop just isn't 100%
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-05-02 10:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can kill them nonstop with zero downtime as SMN/THF. One Predator Claws takes them below half life. Faster kills keeps the drops coming. I have a good camp with six pops at it. I usually just farm them for KSes and sell the webs, as I did cooking instead of clothcraft. I've actually moved on to farming funguars for KS since I can profit more from cooking synths from them.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 10:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
As someone who does make a living from doing as suggested by Temeraire and Israfel... It's just hard and annoying to do this solo on THF (which you have to farm on for best drop rate) unless you can Dbox.

Sickle Slash and poison = either A) spending money to self heal with bloody bolts or B) downtime by resting. You're going to take some damage, not alot but it does add up.

If you farm on another job, that's fine too but you're not going to see webs as much without TH. The drop just isn't 100%

Well there is utsesmi and evasion gear though that will slow down kills a litte. Or probably /dnc. Personally though I'd rather not risk a sickle slash to the face too many bad memories. Not really sure if those ep/dc spiders do any real dmg with it though