First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 38 39 40
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-21 17:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
Oh no! Incoming jinpu nerf as well.

Lol! I seen my Jinpu do 3k+ in Limbus before XD!
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 18:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Inc Ukko's nerf... Oh, wait.
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-21 18:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »

Inc Ukko's nerf... Oh, wait.

I think that made me laugh harder then it should have.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Server: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-21 18:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Yeah I was TPwing > Fudo, otherwise Shoaha spamming my last couple VW runs that I actually got to play SAM.

The biggest thing about Shoha is its att bonus and consistency. (spikes are higher then fudo as well)

Tachi: Shoha seems the big winner out of all the new ws added that's for sure Last Stand doesn't seem to suck either lol.

Oh no looks like players are actually crying for a shoha nerf, at times I really hate the idiots that play this game...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/18604-DEV1064-Tachi-Shoha

My god what a whiny *** that OP is. SAM is my main but I never begged SE to nerf MNK or WAR when they were hammering my damage. I just leveled WHM and continued to gear my SAM as best I could.

I hate the offical forums so much =|
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 18:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you know the DEVs will make up something to cover SAM's ***. "The WS needs to be strong so the SC is strong", "We're trying to push SAM's to use different subjobs while still maintaining a high damage output", or the usual: "We *** love SAMs, so shut up".

All kidding aside I could actually see a nerf for SAM with how much people *** on the official forums. lol
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-12-21 18:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

they mad.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-21 18:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you know the DEVs will make up something to cover SAM's ***. "The WS needs to be strong so the SC is strong", "We're trying to push SAM's to use different subjobs while still maintaining a high damage output", or the usual: "We *** love SAMs, so shut up".

All kidding aside I could actually see a nerf for SAM with how much people *** on the official forums. lol

I can understand their point, SAM outside abyssea was always pretty high up the DDing list for best DD. So with content moving away and shoha being so strong I can understand why ppl may bandwagon it again or want a nerf.

Just dont like the way OP went about it, crying to SE on the offical forums seems like a mega douche move. I'm not a fan of the MNK or WAR nerfs either though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-12-21 18:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I laughed when I saw the WS being used in abyssea, showing off what it can do when you triple attack both hits and land them all, they so mad.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-21 18:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
I laughed when I saw the WS being used in abyssea, showing off what it can do when you triple attack both hits and land them all, they so mad.
Seriously, I didn't see that info when I posted that screenshot.

Then I started looking at real numbers. That's when I began to regret making the thread.

Don't kill me. <_<;
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-21 18:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Seriously, I didn't see that when I posted that screenshot.

Once I started looking at real numbers, I'm starting to regret making that thread. <_<

It shall eat at your soul for the rest of your days.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-21 18:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, what can I say? At this point we're just going to have to see how the Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite numbers are when their nerfs hit. It'll pass eventually.

Despite being a DRKoholic, I actually like seeing WARs and MNKs take the forefront in endgame nowadays, away from how it used to be before Abyssea, when only SAMs reigned supreme. and SE's new direction with nerfing everything just pisses me off, so I guess I did go into the deep end by posting that thread in the first place.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 19:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, what can I say? At this point we're just going to have to see how the Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite numbers are when their nerfs hit.

Despite being a DRKoholic, I actually like seeing WARs and MNKs take the forefront in endgame nowadays, away from how it used to be before Abyssea, when only SAMs reigned supreme.
lol MNK is probably most deserving. They were hardly ever worth anything other than salvage and KRT burns.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-21 19:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, what can I say? At this point we're just going to have to see how the Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite numbers are when their nerfs hit. It'll pass eventually.

Despite being a DRKoholic, I actually like seeing WARs and MNKs take the forefront in endgame nowadays, away from how it used to be before Abyssea, when only SAMs reigned supreme.

Really believe that nerf is ***unless they are only shaving off the top. Why don't we just make all wses equal while we are at it so that work you spent on an emp/relic/mythic was for naught.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-21 19:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Really believe that nerf is ***unless they are only shaving off the top. Why don't we just make all wses equal while we are at it so that work you spent on an emp/relic/mythic was for naught.
I wanted to argue that, too. Though, SE does not agree to this, apparently...
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2011-12-21 19:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't we just make all wses equal while we are at it so that work you spent on an emp/relic/mythic was for naught.
I can't speak for all of them,
but Blade: Metsu was really just a fancy Blade: Jin with a now useless aftermath, in Abyssea Blade: Jin beats it badly, Blade: Hi completely destroys it and Blade: Kamu was always ***so nothing new there also Mythic katana is probably the worst Mythic weapon ever lol

Took me two years and a lot of work for my relic katana (mind you this was over a few years ago), took me two months of casual play to make my emp. katana XD
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-21 20:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi said: »
Why don't we just make all wses equal while we are at it so that work you spent on an emp/relic/mythic was for naught.
I can't speak for all of them,
but Blade: Metsu was really just a fancy Blade: Jin with a now useless aftermath, in Abyssea Blade: Jin beats it badly, Blade: Hi completely destroys it and Blade: Kamu was always ***so nothing new there also Mythic katana is probably the worst Mythic weapon ever lol

Took me two years and a lot of work for my relic katana (mind you this was over a few years ago), took me two months of casual play to make my emp. katana XD

What i want to see is those WS PUMPED UP, not everything brought down to the power of something you can just get by skilling up.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-22 04:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, I didn't see that info when I posted that screenshot.

Then I started looking at real numbers. That's when I began to regret making the thread.

Don't kill me. <_<;

I feel bad calling it a douche move now D: Just some of the people on the official forums... They hurt my brain.

Despite being a DRKoholic, I actually like seeing WARs and MNKs take the forefront in endgame nowadays, away from how it used to be before Abyssea, when only SAMs reigned supreme. and SE's new direction with nerfing everything just pisses me off, so I guess I did go into the deep end by posting that thread in the first place.

I kind of liked the spot light shinning off SAM also, meant I was not told how I could improve my gear every other day and really gave me a chance to finish/correctly gear WHM.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-22 04:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 like all the comments!!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-22 08:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
before Abyssea, when only SAMs reigned supreme

I don't bloody get where this mindset always originates.

Warrior was awesome back then, too. Just as much as as samurai. Dark Knight with Apoc was beastly too. Even Dragoon, when well-geared, could do some damage. Monk and Ninja never stopped being awesome, just DOT’ing things to death isn’t as flashy or cool as big weaponskills.

Yes. Bandwagon sam w/ Hagun made up for a multitude of sins and idiocy. But that -- in my opinion -- is a reason for a better player to not play samurai. It's sometimes hard being a diehard on a job where the margin between lolAHsamurai and very-well-geared sam isn't that big.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-22 09:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
before Abyssea, when only SAMs reigned supreme

I don't bloody get where this mindset always originates.

Warrior was awesome back then, too. Just as much as as samurai. Dark Knight with Apoc was beastly too. Even Dragoon, when well-geared, could do some damage. Monk and Ninja never stopped being awesome, just DOT’ing things to death isn’t as flashy or cool as big weaponskills.

Yes. Bandwagon sam w/ Hagun made up for a multitude of sins and idiocy. But that -- in my opinion -- is a reason for a better player to not play samurai. It's sometimes hard being a diehard on a job where the margin between lolAHsamurai and very-well-geared sam isn't that big.

Agreed. Back in the day, it wasn't that SAM was a *better* melee DD than other similar jobs ... it was that it was less-difficult to acquire equipment to make one's SAM above-average, while it was more-difficult to acquire the stuff to make a WAR or DRK above-average. Just because it was more difficult, doesn't/didn't mean it was impossible to play a mean WAR or DRK ... just had to invest a lot more heavily (and play better) to do it.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-22 09:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM had a lot above other jobs natively as well though, disregarding gear and the player. Was much easier to lower hit builds on SAM, full Meditate made more of a difference, Sekkanoki being SAM only, High % mod on WSs(STR at that), and an attack boost. Then to add gear to it, Hagun's TP bonus essentially could make a naked SAM perform as well as a SAM with Shinsoku fully geared.
While I can't personally say a perfect geared WAR/DRK/DRG/etc couldn't outperform a perfect geared SAM at 75, it was too rare to see, giving SAMs the name of best DD.
 Bahamut.Danthebk
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-22 09:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't read the thread yet, but this is probably relevant:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27607/dev1063-job-adjustments-warrior/13/#1676567
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2011-12-22 10:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

While I can't personally say a perfect geared WAR/DRK/DRG/etc couldn't outperform a perfect geared SAM at 75, it was too rare to see, giving SAMs the name of best DD.

I think it also had some to do with WS mechanics. SAM tended to do far better on higher defense targets due to the ATT bonus that the commonly used WS (for the time at least) have. Their performance was a lot more consistent as you scaled up the target range, especially compared to multi-hit/crit WS.

In addition to Abyssea/Atmas, post-75 additions also brought in a lot more crit enhancement traits and gear. What we see now for "outside Abyssea" performance is not the same as it would have been then.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-12-22 15:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Then to add gear to it, Hagun's TP bonus essentially could make a naked SAM perform as well as a SAM with Shinsoku fully geared.

This is a HORRIBLE exaggeration. horrible.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-12-22 16:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh gosh, I was looking through the Shoha nerf thread... This is why I don't visit the official forums regularly.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-12-22 16:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Oh gosh, I was looking through the Shoha nerf thread... This is why I don't visit the official forums regularly.

are they still arguing about abyssea content for shoha?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-22 17:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I regret saying that too >_>;

So I didn't know that SAM doesn't use Razed Ruins, but now I do. *shrug* whatever; sorry for the fail.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-12-22 17:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I regret saying that too >_>;

So I didn't know that SAM doesn't use Razed Ruins, but now I do. *shrug* whatever; sorry for the fail.
It's not even that, lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-12-22 17:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So you used caps and bold?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 38 39 40