Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-19 19:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jajabiondina said: »
Final trial is 500 ws lizards.

Pretty sure 5/5 shoha with kantonotachi beats everything in ws dmg.

Not at 300% tp it doesn't.
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-19 19:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
I asked earlier in this thread, but idk if anybody ever answered.
How does OAT trial gkt (high dmg one) compared to tp bonus?

My guess would be somewhat below it but i dont know enough about that GK such as proc rate to tell you the truth. But looking at the base dmg of 89dmg on lv95 compared to 105 of lv99 tp bonus, it would need to gain about 10dmg and have a proc rate around 50 to keep up due to shoha's large boost from 100tp to 200tp.

Asura.Terasan said: »
Speaking of 99 TP Bonus GK, anyone know what the final trial is for it? Wikis haven't been updated and I'm not near a Magian moogle to look. Probably gonna make one of those when I get Shoha upgraded some more.
And for the last trial its 500 wses on any lizard type, took me about 3hrs solo with SD/VV/apoc on efts in abby-kon
By archangelsix 2011-12-20 00:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

btw i don't use that helm, btw my fudo's do 3k+, btw yer stupid to think yer 10 second 5k ws's can out dmg my 2 second 3k ws's last i check'd 10/2=5 3kx5 = 15k + the light sc's so..... 24k dmg vs 5k looks like yer beat there buddy..... and yes i /nin, y? because i'm not a mp sponge and i can self sustain myself and solo nm's while u die everytime. jus say'n funnything is i get asked to tank nm's on sam and to help others waaaaaay more than u btw when u where sh'n for a pt in altepa aby my whole alli said *** him i don't wanna deal w/ him thats y u went back to jeuno the gra aby. i get invites w/o seek'n so suck it
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-20 01:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

archangelsix said: »
btw i don't use that helm, btw my fudo's do 3k+, btw yer stupid to think yer 10 second 5k ws's can out dmg my 2 second 3k ws's last i check'd 10/2=5 3kx5 = 15k + the light sc's so..... 24k dmg vs 5k looks like yer beat there buddy..... and yes i /nin, y? because i'm not a mp sponge and i can self sustain myself and solo nm's while u die everytime. jus say'n funnything is i get asked to tank nm's on sam and to help others waaaaaay more than u btw when u where sh'n for a pt in altepa aby my whole alli said *** him i don't wanna deal w/ him thats y u went back to jeuno the gra aby. i get invites w/o seek'n so suck it

I don't even know what to say to this.

Really, I'm speechless. Completely and utterly speechless.

Edit: Thanks Ruler

[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-12-20 01:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-20 01:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
I don't even know what to say to this. Really, I'm speechless. Completely and utterly speechless.
The amount of therapy you will need is what concerns me after reading that. I cant even call it reading, feels like deciphering an archaic language.

Poor spell check

Spell Check: "What"

Would be it's response.
[+]
 Fenrir.Unaisis
Server: Fenrir
user: Sansui
By Fenrir.Unaisis 2011-12-20 01:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol funny stuff
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-20 01:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe
is referring to
Fupafighters said: »
Nah i played well before that lol...i loved the old days of hagun 1k gekko.... Just pisses me off when people think that all there is to samurai is TP this TP that...SC and tp phase actually matter...I know a guy who runs around sam/nin in abyssea with his kirins osode and varangian helm and such on claiming to be good because he has a masamune...lets just say his fudo do about 1k....People dont UNDERSTAND THEIR JOBS anymore :/
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-20 01:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
I believe
is referring to
Nah i played well before that lol...i loved the old days of hagun 1k gekko.... Just pisses me off when people think that all there is to samurai is TP this TP that...SC and tp phase actually matter...I know a guy who runs around sam/nin in abyssea with his kirins osode and varangian helm and such on claiming to be good because he has a masamune...lets just say his fudo do about 1k....People dont UNDERSTAND THEIR JOBS anymore :/

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-12-20 01:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Shoha's TP scaled like other post Lv75 WS? eg, TP Bonus Earring or no
[+]
By Fupafighters 2011-12-20 01:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
I believe
is referring to

[/quote[quote='Bahamut.Serj' pid=1672859]
I believe
is referring to

When you have a whm standing there waiting to cure, its not being a MP sponge lol. I have never seen you break a 4k fudo man haha, and ive seen you so many times on sam. And I tried helping you so many times but you just dont get it.... -.- Its fine really... I was in grauberg crackin out 5-6k fudos and spammin shoha testing it out for fun while you sat there failing haha
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-20 01:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

1.375 at 100%
2.15 at 200%
2.65 at 300%

Linky
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-20 01:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say yes, use TP bonus earring, considering how well the tp bonus GK does with it...I would have thought that would be a simple thing to grasp from 7 pages of this crap lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-20 01:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

At 100tp its going to give you a .194 ftp increase and a .125ftp increase at 200tp. Or if using bonus tp GK its just .125ftp at 100tp, you get the idea.

Edit: either way, that's quite a boost for 100% str mod.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-12-20 01:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, but for a straight answer what I'm looking for is:
Is the damage varies with TP (ftp increase) dependent upon it being 100%, 200%, 300%, or are there slight increases of ftp for increases of TP as with Empyrean crit ws, for example.

Wearing a TP bonus earring is pointless if you're WS at 100% if you aren't getting an additional 25%ftp (0.19375)
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-20 01:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I understand then Rear, by your logic, it would only be good to use a TP bonus earring at 175 or 275 TP..which is ...no...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-12-20 01:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the damage varies with TP (ftp increase) dependent upon it being 100%, 200%, 300%, or are there slight increases of ftp for increases of TP as with Empyrean crit ws, for example.

Yes
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-20 01:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Then just look between mine and Serj's post. He has the listed ftp values for 100/200/300 tp (1.375/2.15/2.65 ftp) and I already did half the math for you saying 25 tp grants you .194/.125 ftp .
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-20 01:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wearing a TP bonus earring is pointless if you're WS at 100% if you aren't getting an additional 25%ftp (0.19375)

Only time that it isn't useful wearing the earring is if you're going over 300% TP with it on.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-20 16:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jajabiondina said: »
Final trial is 500 ws lizards. Pretty sure 5/5 shoha with kantonotachi beats everything in ws dmg.

*at 100tp

As you scale up other weapons equal or pass tpbonus.
 Cerberus.Exceptional
user: Gunzel
By Cerberus.Exceptional 2011-12-20 17:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dose anyone know what the 3 symobls mean on shoha
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-20 17:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
From what I understand then Rear, by your logic, it would only be good to use a TP bonus earring at 175 or 275 TP..which is ...no...

fTP scales with TP. The values that are listed are just the values if you were to WS exactly @100 200 or 300 tp. The values in between have different fTP values as well.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-12-20 18:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-12-20 18:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

got to play on sam in vw today. been following this thread for some time and wanted to post some screenshot of fudo and shoha on a mob that i guess, kinda matters.

had some pics from 6 pil fights, but i guess it didnt save or something idk. but all these are from kaggen.

here is like 13 ss. some side notes: most of these were done with 4/5 shoha merits. ended up getting my last 19 merits in 6 pil and 6 kaggen fights.

my shoha set is lacking, im missing gorget and belt. plan on getting them after this post. dunno if beir+1 is better. either way couldnt buy it for 800k so i said *** it. spent the rest on heavy metal plates. also im using twilight helm and no tp bonus moonshade earring. my set does need a lot of work. and i know this lol.

that said, shoha is rather impressive. but i wouldnt go throwing you masamune away. 300 tp aftermath ride is well worth it on tp phase. ans fudo isnt even that bad. i did spam shoha a lot, but fudo wasnt that far behind. though with the right gear i believe the scale will tilt to shoha. they are good ws's. and masa is still a good weapon.

edit: on the second to last kaggen i got mekira meikogai!
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-20 18:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was TPwing > Fudo, otherwise Shoaha spamming my last couple VW runs that I actually got to play SAM.

The biggest thing about Shoha is its att bonus and consistency. (spikes are higher then fudo as well)
By kenshynofshiva 2011-12-21 10:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Yeah I was TPwing > Fudo, otherwise Shoaha spamming my last couple VW runs that I actually got to play SAM.

The biggest thing about Shoha is its att bonus and consistency. (spikes are higher then fudo as well)

Tachi: Shoha seems the big winner out of all the new ws added that's for sure Last Stand doesn't seem to suck either lol.

Oh no looks like players are actually crying for a shoha nerf, at times I really hate the idiots that play this game...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/18604-DEV1064-Tachi-Shoha
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-12-21 17:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

the day after i got 99 on my sam, i went out to exp with a friend. he had just 5/5'ed his shoha and i was out getting merits to start my shoha. i did a 7k fudo to a spectator in a heros of abyssea zone. does this mean that fudo should be nerfed also? the correct answer is no.

that shoha in that thread on page one is taken out of context. sure it can happen but its an exp mob. who the *** cares? i mean seriously.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-21 17:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no! Incoming jinpu nerf as well.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 38 39 40