Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-25 11:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Karaek said: »
Hi guys, this is the set im using atm

It seems so be doing consistent 2>2.2k average dmg on T6 Jeunos (parsed)
Just wondered if theres anything i can improve the build with,
the ogi legs apparently add +3%ws dmg so started using these over hachi. Would the new avant+1 be better for sho or fudo?
Any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance.

This is my tp set also, 5hits w/ the ws build i use and has alot more str/atk than af3+2body/zelus combo

could cap out haste w/ aces feet and the stp+3 back but at a loss of 19atk and 11acc, so not sure if its worth it 2bh

Avant +1 legs are slightly better, so imo if you have ogier legs already use those and save your gil until avant +1 drops in price.
sets I use currently:
TP 6-hit

Shoha

Currently figuring out what the best tp set would be for VW, due to all the save tp and regain that you get, and also Christmas so lol. When I can i'll put a set up for yall to critique!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Karaek
Server: Ragnarok
user: karaek
By Ragnarok.Karaek 2011-12-25 12:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, may switch to the Avant+1/Atheling for the extra 5%dbl atk.
As i use latitude in VW i use the AF3+2 feet as haste is capped from atmacite.
Would the Ogi be better tho for Fudo? Atk roughly the same so its 8str vs. +3% ws dmg. thoughts?
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-25 12:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Avant +1 legs are slightly better, so imo if you have ogier legs already use those and save your gil until avant +1 drops in price. sets I use currently: TP 6-hit Shoha Currently figuring out what the best tp set would be for VW, due to all the save tp and regain that you get, and also Christmas so lol. When I can i'll put a set up for yall to critique!

The 5hit I use is showing to be much better then your 6hit, more so on harder mobs then fodder.

WS set looks perfect, could use pyrosoul or pyrosoul x2 depending on xhit.
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-25 12:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You are way over STP for a 5hit, so I seriously doubt it's beating anything but i'll double check!
 Ragnarok.Karaek
Server: Ragnarok
user: karaek
By Ragnarok.Karaek 2011-12-25 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the same tp set i was using taint before switching to aces/AF3+2head/atheling, you keep the same stp/haste w/ my build but gain alot more str+atk

edit: and goading for bullwhip, so none of the -ele ersist/-75hp
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-25 13:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

okay so RagnarokKaraek set seems to be the best for Masa with/without AM, also Amano w/o AM that seems to DPS higher than CerberusTaint's. For Amano users with AM up swap hagneia stone for thew bomblet and unkai nodowa for Ganesha's mala and centaurus earring should replace unkai mimikazari.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-25 13:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

okay so RagnarokKaraek set seems to be the best for Masa with/without AM, also Amano w/o AM that seems to DPS higher than CerberusTaint's. For Amano users with AM up swap hagneia stone for thew bomblet and unkai nodowa for Ganesha's mala and centaurus earring should replace unkai mimikazari.

Not taking into consideration the 2-3% Zanhass from my set.

2-3% Zanhasso > -8acc 18 str ~21 att

Hasso down definitely Karaek's set as long as the subtle blow -15 isn't a factor.
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-25 14:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Not taking into consideration the 2-3% Zanhass from my set.

2-3% Zanhasso > -8acc 18 str ~21 att

Hasso down definitely Karaek's set as long as the subtle blow -15 isn't a factor.

Okay yea didn't account for that, accounting for zanshin DA procs your set is tenths better lol.
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2011-12-25 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

so i want to do a trial GKT now since shoha is so awesome, currently using the orthrus GKT, but i was wondering, does anyone know which katana would be the best for shoha? so excluding relic/mythic/emp
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-25 15:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Pyromaster said: »
so i want to do a trial GKT now since shoha is so awesome, currently using the orthrus GKT, but i was wondering, does anyone know which katana would be the best for shoha? so excluding relic/mythic/emp

Keitonotachi "TP Bonus" path.
[+]
By cosmolaris 2011-12-25 16:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone parsed the Keitonotachi TP +100 GTK vs Masamune w/ Shoha? Which would be better as far as total damage. Keitonotachi would win with Shoha outputs but Masamune has ODD, which is overall better?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-25 16:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

cosmolaris said: »
Has anyone parsed the Keitonotachi TP +100 GTK vs Masamune w/ Shoha? Which would be better as far as total damage. Keitonotachi would win with Shoha outputs but Masamune has ODD, which is overall better?

Haven't parsed damage yet. I'm still building up the 100 Merits for full Tachi:Shoha.

Without the numbers to back me up (yet), my gut tells me that you'll see larger WeaponSkill numbers with the Kantonotachi using Tachi:Shoha. However, Masamune has higher base damage (especially if you upgrade Masamune to level 90+), +STR, the Aftermath effect of Tachi:Fudo, and enables you to make the Kasha >> Shoha >> Fudo self-Double-Light skillchain.

I'm guessing having the Kantonotachi will be excellent for situations where you want to Meditate away from the mob, then run in to Tachi:Shoha, and then run away again. However, if you're going to actually melee and DPS the mob in-between WS, Masamune will ultimately be the better sword.

Also, keep in mind that @ 300% TP, Masamune will be more powerful than Kantonotachi, regardless of the circumstances.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-25 17:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »

Haven't parsed damage yet. I'm still building up the 100 Merits for full Tachi:Shoha.

Without the numbers to back me up (yet), my gut tells me that you'll see larger WeaponSkill numbers with the Kantonotachi using Tachi:Shoha. However, Masamune has higher base damage (especially if you upgrade Masamune to level 90+), +STR, the Aftermath effect of Tachi:Fudo, and enables you to make the Kasha >> Shoha >> Fudo self-Double-Light skillchain.

I'm guessing having the Kantonotachi will be excellent for situations where you want to Meditate away from the mob, then run in to Tachi:Shoha, and then run away again. However, if you're going to actually melee and DPS the mob in-between WS, Masamune will ultimately be the better sword.

Also, keep in mind that @ 300% TP, Masamune will be more powerful than Kantonotachi, regardless of the circumstances.

Who the heck holds 300tp in a situation where you're DPS'ing? Aside from 1 WS at 300 for fudo for AM3 then shoha spam?
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-25 17:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

probably referring to VW and wing spam

Who the heck holds 300tp in a situation where you're DPS'ing? Aside from 1 WS at 300 for fudo for AM3 then shoha spam?
probably referring to VW and wing spam
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-25 17:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also,the wiki says the STR mod is 17-85 depending on merits. I thought these things had 100% stat mod (or am I missing part of the equation?)
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-25 17:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Also,the wiki says the STR mod is 17-85 depending on merits. I thought these things had 100% stat mod (or am I missing part of the equation?)

@_______________________________@
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-25 17:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. Thanks Asym... wasn't sure honestly. I'm not real big into the math. I'm not one of the guys on here that can just take stats and compare gears. My bad..And I didn't see your thread on this matter. Thanks again
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-25 17:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If only you knew how many times this comes up per day, lol.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-25 17:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think a lot if you made an entire thread lol... Thx though, and sorry if I seemed troublesome with my inquiry
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-25 17:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you actually posted it after I started writing the thread.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-25 17:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I didn't see it on the main page lol I honestly forgot about the level correction, or didn't think it was as great at 99 I guess. /shrug
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-25 18:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime you TP past 100, med, haga, sekki, TPbonus moon shade and random DA/TA/QA Zanshin proc when it wasn't needed all favor Masa/Amano/nonTPbonus GKTs. With SAM that happens quite often which devalues the TPbonus GKT.

Its still a great GKT to do and pretty easy, but its not hanging with Masa,Amano lvl GKTs.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-25 23:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime you TP past 100, med, haga, sekki, TPbonus moon shade and random DA/TA/QA Zanshin proc when it wasn't needed all favor Masa/Amano/nonTPbonus GKTs. With SAM that happens quite often which devalues the TPbonus GKT.

Its still a great GKT to do and pretty easy, but its not hanging with Masa,Amano lvl GKTs.

So ... we essentially agree then, just for different reasons?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-26 08:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't parsed damage yet. I'm still building up the 100 Merits for full Tachi:Shoha. Without the numbers to back me up (yet), my gut tells me that you'll see larger WeaponSkill numbers with the Kantonotachi using Tachi:Shoha. However, Masamune has higher base damage (especially if you upgrade Masamune to level 90+), +STR, the Aftermath effect of Tachi:Fudo, and enables you to make the Kasha >> Shoha >> Fudo self-Double-Light skillchain. I'm guessing having the Kantonotachi will be excellent for situations where you want to Meditate away from the mob, then run in to Tachi:Shoha, and then run away again. However, if you're going to actually melee and DPS the mob in-between WS, Masamune will ultimately be the better sword. Also, keep in mind that @ 300% TP, Masamune will be more powerful than Kantonotachi, regardless of the circumstances.
Anytime you TP past 100, med, haga, sekki, TPbonus moon shade and random DA/TA/QA Zanshin proc when it wasn't needed all favor Masa/Amano/nonTPbonus GKTs. With SAM that happens quite often which devalues the TPbonus GKT. Its still a great GKT to do and pretty easy, but its not hanging with Masa,Amano lvl GKTs.
So ... we essentially agree then, just for different reasons?

Yes
By Chyula 2011-12-26 09:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

are we forgetting about a 4hit build with Kikugosaku?. Shoha make this build very deadly.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-26 09:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you show me the TP/WS set you'd use?
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-26 09:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »

Use either taint's or karaek's tp set and the ws sets are almost identical. Both can be found on this page. (scroll up)
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-26 10:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think it works out but I am hungover so meh.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-26 10:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »

Use either taint's or karaek's tp set and the ws sets are almost identical. Both can be found on this page. (scroll up)

Those are both very good 5-hit set-ups for Masamune/Amano, but I think Dirtyfinger might have been referring his question to this post ...

Chyula said: »
are we forgetting about a 4hit build with Kikugosaku?. Shoha make this build very deadly.

But he's hungover, so maybe that's why it wasn't clear :)
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-26 10:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bingo
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 38 39 40