New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Relic/Mythic/Empyrean 99 Trial Items
Relic/Mythic/Empyrean 99 Trial Items
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Castoth 2011-12-18 19:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
i am not happy about these trials, however, these are the ultimate end game weapons! level cap isn't going to rise from lvl 99 (at least not for a very very long time) these are the best of the best, your suppose dt ospend the next few years or more to do these. this is hard, this is how ffxi shoudl be, not everyone shoudl be walking around with a glowy weapon.... i am sad tho i'm looking at 2+ years farming alexandrite, and 2+ years spamming pandemonium warden.. bleh

So pretty much your only aspiration in life for the next 2-5 years is to get a 1337 digital item from an already 10 year old game? Because that's what it will take to get a 99 Relic/Mythic. In fact, going to post a quote from the official forum that best summarizes this mindset.

From scaevola:

Quote:
Pretty much everybody playing FFXI has a right to be offended by this, but it bears repeating that the insult's directed at that particular stratum of player with 95 mythics/relics already. You got 10,000 alexandrite, you got hundreds of thousands of currency for yourself and others, you've been killing Kirin for 8 years now, ran however many Dynamis, kept coming back for more and more Salvage and now Voidwatch knowing exactly how pitiful your chance of reward is...

...why shouldn't the devs think you'd be willing to kill PW 500 times?

...but I am suggesting that we are enablers and perhaps always have been by looking at the 99 mythics, the 75 relics, the Byakko's Haidates, all the way back down to Leaping Goddamn Lizzy and not immediately thinking to ourselves, "why the hell would anyone bother with going 1/32 on a two-hour (or whatever; I don't care enough to check) spawn for 3 points of Dexterity?"

I once heard a really smart guy say that there are two orders of insanity. The first order is the sort of insanity that is immediately familiar as being such. The second is the kind of insanity that defends the first as a viable way of looking at the world, suggesting that reasonable people can in good faith disagree about such things as whether or not it's moral to let children go without health care for the sake of lower taxes, or whether or not one ought to spend thousands of hours working towards an item in a video game. We are perhaps all somewhat guilty of the second, depending on preference. Perhaps we ought not be.

I mean, I guess where I'm going with this is there's a direct line from Leaping Lizzy all the way to 500 PW kills for a few points of damage and an afterglow that could not possibly be worth the work in any objective sense. The truly perverse thing, though, is that it makes sense for this to have happened, because the FFXI playerbase has always been quite open about encouraging people to do completely insane ***for marginal upgrades. 500 PW kills is just the logical conclusion for people heaping abuse on NINs in 2004 for having the temerity to want to level without going to the trouble of getting an Emperor's Hairpin.

Fact that, despite this insanity, there are a few lone people still defending this, makes me think Square will keep the number at least close to what it is now. They want to make this as much of an extreme Skinner's Box as much as possible after what happened with Abyssea.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-18 19:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
i am not happy about these trials, however, these are the ultimate end game weapons! level cap isn't going to rise from lvl 99 (at least not for a very very long time) these are the best of the best, your suppose dt ospend the next few years or more to do these. this is hard, this is how ffxi shoudl be, not everyone shoudl be walking around with a glowy weapon.... i am sad tho i'm looking at 2+ years farming alexandrite, and 2+ years spamming pandemonium warden.. bleh

Right now the problem isn't even about ppl walking around with an ultimate weapon.

The problem is about SE's lazy attitude of putting extremely time consuming trials in such a small content, and pretend that's a lot of content. They pretty much make old contents like VW chapter 2, ZNM etc 1000x longer than it should be just because of those ultimate weapon trials.

And who spoiled SE? "Hardcore" players. Under the name of separate lazy ppl and dedicated ppl, SE knew that there are players that will eat whatever they tossed at "hardcores" no matter how absurd it is. They knew that there gonna be ppl finish 1500 HMP in half a month, they knew that there gonna be ppl doing 10000 WS for relic trial, they knew no matter how lazy they are and how little content they come up with, there gonna be "hardcore" players that sacrificed a lot of rl time and their LS/friends time and resource to get it done.

And guess what? After you sacrificed everyone's time/resource and your own RL time/resource to finally complete a weapon like this by playing this game as a full time job, most of the smarter player already left due to not enough content to interested them. 99.999% of player have no intention to sacrifice that much time in a video game to be the best, when they can master something irl and be a lot more productive. Those ppl will leave if this game is full of content like this, then the server will shut down. In the end who suffers the most? "Hardcore" players suffers the most. After sacrificing so much time and effort in a video game, you have no one else to show off your hard earn weapons if everyone leaves and server shut down. And the amount of time you spend in a vid game, you could have earn a lot more money and gained extra set of skill.

There's a difference between "hard" and pointless time sink. Tossing pointless time sink is just a lazy way to make the content last longer, and they're killing this game by doing so. And we just keep allowing SE to do so, because "ultimate weapon isn't for lazy ppl and should take years to finish"

I was extremely disappointed with recent updates.

Star Galaxies just shut down a few days ago I think, if SE still has this kind of attitude to run a MMORPG, then this game will be next one shutting down. And no body gets to show off your hard-earned ultimate weapon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akron
user: Rufy
By Ragnarok.Akron 2011-12-18 19:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As i already said i think my relic will be 95 forever at this point... and make a thing hard is ok but not *** sick... we have already said that for farm 1000 PW u need 4 years playing 24/24 7/7... and even farming a ADL is so easy plus u can enter dyna once per day and stay inside for 2hrs... counting u can provide a 18 man group and farm atleast 2 ADL pop ull need 1.5 year just for one person, not counting u can eventually wipe it...
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-12-18 20:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So has a number been confirmed or something? Seems that way going by everyone's attitude. Or is everyone just going crazy at the thought of it being so high?
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-18 20:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Do I think its right? Not really.

Do I think SE thinks its right? Ofc.

You all wanted hard mode and things to mean something again. There you go.

But it isnt hard, its redundent old crap that only benefits 1 person.
If it was something new that required skilled 6-18 ppl and offered new items i could see that working. It is lazy of se and a poor attempt to drag a 10yr old game out another 2-5yrs for "ultimate" weapon thats ur gonna use for what Voidwatch?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-18 20:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »
So has a number been confirmed or something? Seems that way going by everyone's attitude. Or is everyone just going crazy at the thought of it being so high?
There was a number on the test server (500 I think? 1000 for relics and empyreans), but I can't help but feel that it's a placeholder value. If it's real, SE has found a whole new deep end to jump off.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akron
By Ragnarok.Akron 2011-12-18 20:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I think its right? Not really.

Do I think SE thinks its right? Ofc.

You all wanted hard mode and things to mean something again. There you go.
And this isnt hard the only thing hard of PW is the farm of the pop... if they wated to make something hard they could just add 2-3 new suped HNM monster like AV at old times and ask for kill it 5 times
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-12-18 20:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait for the Empyrean trial to require 1000 of those new items.
 Sylph.Aldric
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Aldric 2011-12-18 20:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

at least its only 1000 and not 1500 D:
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-18 21:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they raised it x10 to prevent people from trying them out on the test server (not sure if you could actually obtain them there or not.

I think it's going to be 50/100
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-18 21:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I think they raised it x10 to prevent people from trying them out on the test server (not sure if you could actually obtain them there or not.

You probably could, but it's not like PW pops fall from the sky there either. Good luck getting enough people to waste time farming and killing 10 PW pops in the time between implementation and server update, or even 5.

Even 50 would be utterly ridiculous. Anything beyond 10 is frankly sadistic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-18 21:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

You probably could, but it's not like PW pops fall from the sky there either. Good luck getting enough people to waste time farming and killing 10 PW pops in the time between implementation and server update, or even 5.

Even 50 would be utterly ridiculous. Anything beyond 10 is frankly sadistic.

All the orginal weapons offered something for everyone. Relics had af2, emps had seals and +2 items even most of mythic stages had something everyone wanted. Regardless of the number what incentive do ppl have to help u now?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-12-18 21:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

50 Pandemonium Wardens is insanity under the current scenario of all his drops being worthless, credit not being like Magian trials where everyone gets points for the kill and the low population of active 95 mythics as it stands.

Where is the incentive to get people to help others with this? You can't even team up with the 2-3 other people you may know with mythics to get it done. Whoever thought that having individuals repeat that many Wardens would a good idea is clueless but whats new from SE on that front.

They could be bothered to throw new grindage on PW but couldn't be arsed to throw some new loot on the mob while they were at it.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2011-12-18 22:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill 50 PWs? That's just insane, I HIGHLY doubt that. Just because not to long ago killing PW was a real feat. Not at all anymore, but still.

I don't see a high number of those items being needed. 5 maybe, just a semi logical guesstimate.
 Ragnarok.Akron
By Ragnarok.Akron 2011-12-18 22:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Aldric said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

at least its only 1000 and not 1500 D:
Do u think 500 can make the difference for relic/mythics holder? 1000 is insane 1500 = nothing gonna change it is insane anyway... anything over 10 on this trial will be insane...
By Quiznor 2011-12-19 20:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also,for all the people mentioned 4 years,there's a drastic overhaul of ZNM inc,so can hold your tongues till that
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-19 20:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Also,for all the people mentioned 4 years,there's a drastic overhaul of ZNM inc,so can hold your tongues till that

Unless it makes PW soloable and cost 1k zeni with no requirements, 500 is entirely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Ragnarok.Appie
user: Appie
By Ragnarok.Appie 2011-12-20 06:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For the people who are all like "well they want the top weapons to be rare", I'd like to point you to the last FFXI Census (or whatever it is called).

Mythics: 500 completed
Relics: 7000 completed
Empyreans: 17000 completed (note: this is pre-plates crap and not completely sure about Emp number, might be higher, can't be arsed to look it up on POL)

So Mythics are already the most rare weapons accross all servers by a very huge margin.

Concerning myself: Not doing any Arch DL for a lv99 relic either, unless it is changed to kills, not drops, then I could team up with other relics. Normal DL would be a maybe with it being a drop, Arch DL I'm not even going to bother.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-20 06:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what game you all been playing for the last few years but "hard" for FFXI always just meant "time sink"

Getting a relic before dynamis change wasnt "hard" but people considered that "hard worthwhile content"

Getting an e body wasnt "hard" but people act like it was.

People should have known asking for FFXI to go back to "hard mode" like before abyssea wasn't going to end well, lol.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-20 06:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what game you all been playing for the last few years but "hard" for FFXI always just meant "time sink"

Getting a relic before dynamis change wasnt "hard" but people considered that "hard worthwhile content"

People should have known asking for FFXI to go back to "hard mode" like before abyssea wasn't going to end well, lol.

Where do you even get your information from? Every time you post it's always the same ***. Blah blah hard blah blah asked for hard blah blah blah.

Really. Anything new? New thoughts? Anything at all.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-20 06:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just saying I don't get why people are shocked at all by this.

Just for the record, I think its really stupid, but i'm not at all shocked by it.
By javelinx 2011-12-20 06:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"hard" in most games=time sink lol, BF3 or CODMW3 on hardest mode=dieing a bunch and retry's from checkpoint...thats a time sink sir...all video games are time sinks lol, some you just have to sink more time in to, thus "harder"
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-20 07:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

People that have been asking for "hard mode" have been pretty clear for the most part. They specified they wanted difficult fights ala Einherjar @75 cap. Fights that required team work, and couldn't just be overwhelmed by a bunch of easymode gameshark BS with atmas & brews.

I don't recall anyone asking for some ridiculous magian trial to the enth degree that blatantly tries to cover the sorely lacking need for content with a sadistic timesink.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-20 07:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
People that have been asking for "hard mode" have been pretty clear for the most part. They specified they wanted difficult fights ala Einherjar @75 cap. Fights that required team work, and couldn't just be overwhelmed by a bunch of easymode gameshark BS with atmas & brews.

I don't recall anyone asking for some ridiculous magian trial to the enth degree that blatantly tries to cover the sorely lacking need for content with a sadistic timesink.

I think what you all seem to not understand, is that while I understand what you guys WANTED with "hard mode", it doesn't mean thats what the FFXI dev team considers "hard mode".

I'm just saying it really shouldnt shock anyone at all SE would do something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like this. Seeing what they have planned for the next few months really doesn't give me any hope SE will give us any meaningful content.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-20 07:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »

I think what you all seem to not understand, is that while I understand what you guys WANTED with "hard mode", it doesn't mean thats what the FFXI dev team considers "hard mode".

I'm just saying it really shouldnt shock anyone at all SE would do something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like this. Seeing what they have planned for the next few months really doesn't give me any hope SE will give us any meaningful content.

No it really doesn't unfortunately.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-20 07:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This situation with these horrific new trials, and plans primarily to only "revamp" existing content, and serve up last stand, and dungeon crawl some time in the future strikes me as less of a "misunderstanding the playerbase" move. This is more the direct result of the Development team being understaffed.

While SE uses the profits from XI to rework, and salvage XIV they expect us to be happy with the tid bits we've been getting from the skeleton crew left behind to continue development. This is the same sentiment they had b4 XIV was launched. They expected us to all run there, and live happily ever after.

XI is old sure, and XIV is still a year away from functioning properly. They could have handled this situation better. What ever it would have cost to develop some solid end game @99 surely could have been recouped with some minimal marketing.

All that is being achieved atm is making an already stale atmosphere in XI worse, while simultaneously turning more people away from the franchise including players not taking a shot on XIV if they were on the fence.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Digitalanime
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gradius2
By Quetzalcoatl.Digitalanime 2011-12-20 08:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I was hardcore until 2007, then I quit for 2.5 years (yes I'm back), and I'm pretty sure the next time I quit will be forever, in other words, NO WAY I'll do this trial, even if it means a single WS from it will be mob's kill.

People remaining from old LS? Just 1 (besides me). Now you can do the math.

PS: NO! I'm not hardcore anymore, and never will be again.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-20 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with a lot of the sentiment here, I also think everyone is grossly over-reacting. Caturae came out and didn't spawn for the first couple weeks. Yibegan magian trials got nerfed. Kindred Crest drop rate was fixed. Alexandrite and salvage got nerfed. Hell, even beseiged got a nerf.

All this was before the official "i want lightsabers for rdm" official forum, and the test server. I made a joke 4 pages back but I think people assumed everyone in this thread was srs bzns.

I honestly think they're going to add drops to revised nyzul, and znm content. The relic drops aren't going to be able to be Arch Lord only (in my opinion). The time it takes to farm an Arch Lord pop vs. a PW pop is rediculous.

I do think the dev team is doing a much better job than before. I remember when the only content released was once a year when they added a massive expansion pack (and ***STILL didn't work right at first). I don't want to have to kill bosses in dynamis everyday for 2 years AFTER finishing a relic, but I also don't want to have this crap drop like they're crystals.

That being said: If it is 500-1000 arch dyna/PW they can go eat a bag of ***.
[+]
 Valefor.Megatron
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Megatron 2011-12-20 11:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

While I do agree that the 99 stage should involve a decent amount of work, I don’t think it has to be an extreme number of just one set target. As mentioned before, 1000 Arch DLs kills or 500 PWs kills are just way too excessive.

I would prefer if they asked us to do a combination of tasks that involves each weapon’s background area. For example for relics they could ask the player to trade ten 100 currency, along with killing some zone bosses or some Arch zone bosses a number of times, like 5 times each or something like that. Next ask to trade 5 or 10 Vials Of Umbral Marrow that could drop from hopefully any Arch boss, not just Arch DL. Finally, they could finish it off with 500 ws killshots or 300 additional procs or 3x dmg procs either inside or even outside Dynamis. And they could do similar things for Mythics and Empyreans too.

I understand they want to stretch things out to keep people playing the game, but as people stated earlier it’s a lazy way of keeping people “busy”. If they want to create time sinks for people there are more creative ways to make a lengthy trial that are a little more interesting and reasonable then just dropping a trial that requires collecting an extreme number of one item that comes from bosses that aren’t readily accessible in a reasonable amount of time. Keep us doing something but keep it fresh and moving along with a bit of change along the way as you progress.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-12-20 11:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to post after Megatron did. /swoon
(Sorry for the OT, don't keel me!)
[+]