Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Animated scythe and dagger
Animated scythe and dagger
 Asura.Ramses
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ramses
By Asura.Ramses 2011-12-08 12:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back recently after having to take several months off and now I need to do 10 animated scythes and 10 animated daggers. Looking for any others that might still need to do these. Also, how many people does it take to kill them these days?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-08 12:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it takes either 15 or 30 minutes for them to warp (I dont remember?), so DD + healer is enough.
Just be a bit careful when on DRK, unless you \nin, as they can still oneshot you, I belive.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-08 12:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Think it takes either 15 or 30 minutes for them to warp (I dont remember?), so DD + healer is enough. Just be a bit careful when on DRK, unless you \nin, as they can still oneshot you, I belive.

Animated scythe says F your shadows iirc.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-08 12:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Think it takes either 15 or 30 minutes for them to warp (I dont remember?), so DD + healer is enough. Just be a bit careful when on DRK, unless you \nin, as they can still oneshot you, I belive.

Animated scythe says F your shadows iirc.

DRK\NIN is lulz anyways! (man that part is gonna suck as I'm a taru :P)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-12-08 12:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure the shadows are a problem or not. I just recall hearing about the massive ragnarok apoc-kill fest when update came out and them saying they had to do several extra kills because people kept getting aced by CATA.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-12-11 12:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished dual boxing my scythe kills... Not overly easy. Whm/Sch + Drk/Sam riding seigan + third eye.

Full time as much PDT as you can as it will *** you with cata. Keep Bio II on plus dread spikes. Attriri as much as possible to take his phalanx. Also para + slow off of your whm helps quite a bit.

Still get unlucky with back to back cata and darknessing your ***.

Took me two days to get my 10 kills with probably 5 wipes due to it self skillchaining or just crit followed by a cata before I could cure myself.

GL ^^
 Asura.Ramses
user: Ramses
By Asura.Ramses 2011-12-12 10:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. How often does it do consecutive catastrophes? If I just ran away a little after every catastrophe, just long enough to time out a sc possibility, might that help? I'll try to drag a whm out with me over the next couple of days to get this done. And if there is a new trial after this update, count me in if anyone wants to do it as a group.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-12-12 17:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It is more of a feeding it TP thing... A thf friend came out for a bit to try and help me speed up kills and it only made an absolute mess of things.

More than likely if it takes you out it will be a crit followed by catastrophy or vic-versa that is to fast for a cure V.

When the 99 cap comes out with new trials... Hit me up and any other Apocs that you know, I'm down for group trials.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-12 17:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The animated dagger is pretty easy. Did it a few nights ago with a BST, NIN and WAR (Leftovers of a group.). BST tanked it, but was losing HP pretty steadily, so NIN poked at it with nukes and I Ukko'd it a few times. Probably any job + a healer can do it.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-12 18:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Scythe is much easier if you don't use LR. CATAs went from doing 1500-1800 to 700-800 with LR down. A good PDT set helps as well.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-12 18:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM + THF + whatever is the best setup for the job. You'll want a THF just for farming the pops. All of the relic WS are jokes with a decent PDT set. All of the spells from the animated weapons can be resisted ~90% of the time with the appropriate barspell.