2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » More Whm R/E Ring options
More Whm R/E Ring options
First Page 2
By Otomis 2011-12-03 22:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I play the gambit of jobs and something has been bothering me: For DDs there are rings abound, and now even nukers have more options with new VW ring.

But where are the coolio R/E Whm wigs: The only ones that really strike me are Karka and Vivian: Which are decent. just with all the gear coming out it would be nice to give healers some ring love.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-03 23:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There are plenty of nice rings, are you saying you wish they were EX? What exactly are you hoping for?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-03 23:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

what kind of rings are you expecting for whm?

fast cast? check
mnd? check
healing magic? check
pdt? check
mdt? check
cure pot? why would you want that? but check in the next update.

let me know if i missed something.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-03 23:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So, whm caps potency easily without ring slot... What exactly are you asking for?
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-03 23:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Enhances Afflatus: Solace ring that gives extra Stoneskin to Solace cures. That's what *I* want.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-03 23:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

while we're at it lets give whm refresh rings only they can wear, rings that enhance your baresist another 100, rings that give your target +100 enmity for an hour, rings that makes your hands glow when you are casting, rings that let you do 9999 dmg cures on the mobs, rings that gives your party auto-reraise.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-03 23:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
while we're at it lets give whm refresh rings only they can wear, rings that enhance your baresist another 100, rings that give your target +100 enmity for an hour, rings that makes your hands glow when you are casting, rings that let you do 9999 dmg cures on the mobs, rings that gives your party auto-reraise.

That'd be cool with me~ :c
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-12-03 23:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea! then I would actually play whm :D
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-03 23:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

That'd be cool with me~ :c
Can you make my auto invincible too?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-03 23:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

what kind of rings are you expecting for whm?

fast cast? check
mnd? check
healing magic? check
pdt? check
mdt? check
cure pot? why would you want that? but check in the next update.

let me know if i missed something.
Just a few not mentioned:

Medicine ring - 10% curepot if <75% HP is your cup of tea
Multiple -Enmity rings
Strendu/Demon for MAB
Multiple MP rings
Multiple +HMP rings

Not sure what else is "cool" for WHM :|
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-03 23:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought my Rajas ring did all this for my whm~ Im sure its one of those hidden effect latent rings active by whm only.
 Asura.Dimpson
Server: Asura
user: dimpson
By Asura.Dimpson 2011-12-03 23:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Will this work?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-12-03 23:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dimpson said: »

Will this work?

You forgot to change the equipment type from "Waist" to "Ring" =p
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-03 23:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Asura.Dimpson said: »
Will this work?
You forgot to change the equipment type from "Waist" to "Ring" =p
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-04 02:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget this :D
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 02:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just start out with this: WHM doesn't need anything

We really don't, sure the recent adjustments to WHM have advanced us even further as the lead curing roles of the game, but that was already clear enough before. I remember when Orison body was finally revealed and everyone was seriously like "wtf is that". Sure, we thought it was a piece of crap except that 1 new trait we haven't seen before yet most people wrote the body off of their to-do-list once they saw it because it wasn't worth it, until we actually understood what it did.

It's nice but we didn't need it. We could still do our jobs just as well without it in my opinion if not very very close.

BUT, if we did get something new for rings there are is very limited room for adjustment/improvement for WHM.

• Cast Time (of any spell group), or just plain Fast Cast

• Which I might add we do not need any more of this for healing magic.

• Cure Potency

• We don't need this, we have medicine ring if you want that sort of thing (which most people hate to use understandably)

• Cure Recast (Haste)

• Ignoring the ring slot for a moment we do have a lot of haste equipment, but all that equipment is being used up by very very important cure equipment. Now back to it being a ring slot well... if they ever did it I can't imagine it being more than 2%, and that really isn't worth much as a reduction. If it was strictly cure recast they might be able to give us up to 5%, and that is better but very unlikely they will release any equipment like that.

• Cure Cost

• I don't see this being very strong on a Ring slot and we aren't hurting that much on MP cost anyways with the difficulty of battles going on now. I would have to say no to this as well.

• Convert Cure Amount to MP

• As strange as it sounds I don't see this being very strange on a ring at all. I don't see it going any more than 1%... but to me it suits what rings should be able to do. So I would give this a maybe.

• Cure Amount increasing based on your Enmity Accumulated

• Weird idea, I know, but I've thought about this once or twice and would actually benefit the healer by casting less often. This of course would never, ever, go on a ring and would be if anything a job trait. (Not that we even need this, ever) So definitely 100% no. Also worth the thought of this being active with the curaga line of spells. Just a thought.

• Enhances "Afflatus Solace" effect

• I don't see this being very crazy for a ring. It sure wouldn't be as potent as the body giving it 10% more, but 1-2% wouldn't be crazy I think. Not that we need it lol. Could also augment Afflatus Solace to not only give stoneskin but a slight regen based on the amount cured as well. Completely not needed and only making something powerful even that much more, and is just silly.

• Critical Cures

• When the target you cure is below 25%, you have a 10% chance to "crit" your cure, basically a divine seal. I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest, it sounds cool... but we sure don't need it. Yet it serves the very purpose it would be good for, getting your target out of red as fast as possible while conserving as much MP as possible. We still don't need it, and it definitely wouldn't go on a ring.

• "Instant Cast" Cures

• I hate them, the rest of the people who have disagreed with me love them. Depends on the player, and well I guess it could go on a ring but would be a very low %. To me it is just another piece of equipment that just makes the job way more complicated than it needs to be.

• Cure Splitting

• When you cast cure it has a chance to cure everyone within 10' of your target. Don't even know why I put this here, I guess to kill off the idea of anything else cure related that we don't need @.@.

Really can't think of any other aspect of cures really. We really don't need any of that above, our cures are very solid and are just fine as they are now (or were before, but I'll take it!).

• Increases enhancing magic duration

• I do not think WHM should get this. We have mastery over AoE buffs, which for the ones we should have control over last a decent amount of time. With that said I think RDM should really be the one to keep this to themselves, as they should be the ones that are doing the single target buffs anyways (although more often than not I end up having to do them myself, but w/e). Also I'm not really sure if this would be appropriate for a ring slot or not, most likely not.

• Increase the "Stat Boost" spells

• Very new spells that I don't see used very often, but then again I don't associate with very many white mages in-game. The only thing that I can think of is increasing the attribute being raised by 1 more than what it would be without it. Suitable for a ring? Definitely not in my opinion.

• "Stoneskin" spellcasting time / Enhances "Stoneskin" effect

• Lovely equipment, and the spellcasting time sure doesn't hurt, but it's unnecessary AND more importantly with each addition if you keep getting the items your inventory is suffering more and more and more after each addition. I think there is too much already but we definitely don't need MORE of it. With that said they did it for an earring so I don't see why it couldn't be for a ring. Still!! No more!

• Increase Barspell Duration

• This still touches on my first suggestion for enhancing, but on top of that as you skill your enhancing your barspells (I believe) last longer and longer. But with how fast they are able to be cast I'm not sure why you would want them to last any longer (unless the battle is dangerous for you to run in and cast it). It would be nice, but I don't see it as something needed as long as you level your enhancing magic. Also, I wouldn't see this being on a ring in the first place.

• Augments/Enhances elemental resistance spells

• We first saw this (kinda) with Cleric's Pantaloons, then (not sure what came next exactly) Cleric's Pantaloons +1 and Blessed Briault(+1). The first just simply increased the visual number of the element by a large amount. Blessed Briault came along and increased the magic defense of that element by 5 which of course we can't see and is the same way with shell of course. Just one of those things SE decided to not show us. Anyways then came Orison Bliaud +1/+2 that did the same thing as Blessed Briault increasing the magic defense of that element by 5/10 replacing blessed briault entirely. Of course with the set (2 items with each addition making it stronger) it augmented elemental resistance spells making them occasionally nullify damage all together of that element. Also Beneficus does the same thing as Blessed Briault but in weapon form.

Anyways this amounts to 3 pieces of equipment but with the head/hands/legs/feet you can also augment the spell. Is this enough? Well it's hard to say but I think it is since you can team up with a BRD and it's possible for the dmg to be nullified completely. Could this be something added to a ring? It's possible, and I could see it being maybe up to 5 magic defense for that element, but again is something generally put on slots that can hold a lot of stats like body and weapons. Also in the case of cleric pants, I don't see that being valid for a ring either. Maybe up to +5 on that as well but even then I don't see it being appropriate for rings.

• Augments "Divine Veil"

• Orison Cap has this, as well as Yagrush of course, but I don't know if we should get anything else like this. Could it be on a ring? Possibly... it has that feel to it I guess. Just I think anymore of this would devalue Yagrush even more. There are already ways to make your spells do the same thing, but in my opinion this trait should stick to Yagrush and Orison Cap.

• Enhances "Divine Benison" effect

• This quickens spellcasting for status ailment recovery magic (stona) and reduces enmity gain. This trait is only on Orison Pants +1/2 (-10% cast time and -5 enmity) and Yagrush 80-99 increasing 1 tier every time starting out at -5% cast time reduction I believe going up to -20% cast time at 99 probably.

Since the majority of players will only have access to the pants, we will stick to that as our current gear available for it. I could see this on a ring for maybe 1 tier for -5% cast time.

• Enhances "Divine Caress" effect

• At the moment this is still, in my opinion, a new JA with only Orison Mitts +1/2 to enhance it. This is probably best used with Doom, where if Divine Caress activates when the timer hits 0 there will be a chance it will fail and wait another tic to attempt to kill the player. This can give you the chance to earn valuable time in trying to remove doom off the player. Aside from doom this gives approximately 80% resistance to the status ailment when using the JA after removing the ailment off the player lasting 3 minutes. It wears off after the player nullifies the ailment if casted on them during the 3 minutes. With Orison Mitts +1/2 it increase to 2/3 ailments within that 3 minutes. Very nice JA... except it's also very limited. I don't see many WHM's using this that often if at all.

I did pull most of the "facts" off of bgwiki and gamerescape, but really haven't done that much testing myself although I'm very surprised at the 80%.

Also of course this wouldn't work against monsters that use auras.

Is this suitable for a ring? I have no idea, 3 in 3 minutes sounds like enough for me when you have a minute recast.

• Enhance/Augment Blink/Aquaveil

• There really hasn't been much gear created for these spells aside from Emphatikos Rope which most likely was created from the change of how Aquaveil worked. Call it a nerf if you want, but w/e. I guess there could be gear created for this, but I'm not sure if it's ring suitable. This still goes with my opinion of how much stoneskin gear we have now. Just not enough space to hold these enhancements really.

• Enhances potency of "Regen"

• I think there is plenty of gear for this, but if it could go on anything a ring would probably work for it. I don't think it is needed however and since SCH will be taking over this area that just makes it even that much unneeded.

• Enhances "Invisible" effect Enhances "Sneak" effect

• This is gear that has been given in the past, but really don't have much of it. Problem is... you don't need it lol and it takes up space. It would work for a ring though, just see it as a waste of space.

• Enhances "Auspice" effect

• I think this needs more equipment other than orison duckbills +1/2. I don't think it belongs on a ring though.

Now divine spells really have it bad I think and really are only used for proc'ing. Before proc'ing it was just something you leveled for Repose, and before repose well... most of the time WHM's I met never leveled it. It's a shame they didn't make this stronger against undead although you can really get your numbers up there. Still, a whm should be curing and when they are meleeing they wouldn't be wasting their MP on divine magic unless they need to sleep something or lower its defense. Only can see this being good for repose > banish/holy > repose, but even that really isn't ever used by white mages and have rarely ever seen that other than having fun. Even if divine magic did more we don't have the space to carry it along with our other equipment, so I'm not even going to bother listing the possible benefits for it since no one really will ever use it.

Enfeebling magic is nice for soloing and we have plenty of equipment to make it useable. I don't think we need anything else for this area as this isn't even our expertise.

Now for whm melee, one of my favorite things about white mage that many don't. It is just something you like or you don't really, and isn't about being on a strong melee job because that isn't what WHM is obviously. I like to see it as I'm a whm, I should be only good for healing, yet I can still kick some *** when I want to.

Now that our best WS coming up, Realmrazer, is going to be useable by jobs other than WHM I think the importance of new melee gear is even higher than it has ever been. I am happy with what we have, but the selection of our equipment has been absolutely horrible over the years for good reason, and I like that as well. Limited options is a challenge. But if I would have to list out things that I think WHM could use it wouldn't be anything very original. We are very limited on attack gear and the best pieces aren't even official equipment meaning they are all augmented attack pieces. Our accuracy is pretty good though, could have some stronger pieces but it isn't needed. Would like to see more DA pieces and possibly even TA options, but they would have to be All Jobs for us to even have a chance to see them. More dual wield equipment would be nice, and we really don't need any more haste as WHM gets so much of it. Would like to see gear with haste on it that has actual melee stats to go along with it. A WHM melee set wouldn't be that bad either, although that would REALLY take away some of the original look to whm melee and would make all of them look the same. I don't think I would like that very much at all. Even now there are some similarities due to limited options but there are some variety among players. Could use some type of equipment for critical attacks but would most likely come from all job equipment.

The list could go on for that type of WHM, and that isn't what this is about anyways so I won't go on. I think that our biggest improvement would come from that side of WHM rather our mage side. I don't think our mage side needs any improvements at all, as we are already great at what we were designed to do (keep people alive).

I know that I wrote a lot, and that I might of made a mistake or two, but I think I covered basically anything a whm would be doing and any realistic improvements that I really don't think we need.
[+]
 Asura.Alkimi
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-12-04 04:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The only issue I ever have with cures is recast time, sometimes forcing me to use ewwww Cure 6 when healing heavily. But this isn't something I'm complaining about. WHMs have never had it better tbh.

Divine magic is something that I believe more WHMs should use often. I always carry around a MAB set and usually use Holy II whenever the recast is up unless MP is an issue (rarely). Being able to dish out a 1k+ nuke every 50 seconds or so adds up over the course of a fight.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 04:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkimi said: »
The only issue I ever have with cures is recast time, sometimes forcing me to use ewwww Cure 6 when healing heavily. But this isn't something I'm complaining about. WHMs have never had it better tbh.
Recast definitely is probably one of the weakest parts of our cures, which I'm okay with. We have room to use other cures if needed like you said. A few years ago it was acceptable to use haste equipment with our cures because they were also some of the stronger pieces of equipment for us at the time. With the introduction of new, improved, specialized equipment all our haste options were basically removed (and very intentional on SE's part).
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 12:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
I like it :x
 Alexander.Shazo
Server: Alexander
user: Shazo
By Alexander.Shazo 2011-12-04 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

More melee rings.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 13:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Shazo said: »
More melee rings.
Would love more melee rings :o
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 15:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I get what the OP was talking about though. I own both Karka Ring and Vivian Ring and love them still even though I don't use them anymore. I know the feeling Otomis is talking about with these type of rings, but also they're just restrictions. You can buy great rings off the AH/bazaars or you can get rings that you have to go out and kill the monster to get. It provides its own task/quest rather than going to the AH and dumping gil into the mysterious box and out comes an item.

I definitely have items with sentimental value attached to them, only reason I haven't tossed them. I just think at this stage of the game having a rare/ex label on special items are just an inconvenience to most people. In my mind it will still be a task/quest to get it, but that doesn't go for everyone. It is quite obvious many people didn't like old FFXI where you had to kill a NM over and over to get your item, but I did like it. It wasn't just for HNM, it was for every NM in the game.

I would welcome that FFXI back without a question, but that would turn too many people away and would destroy the game most likely. So items like that aren't going to come very often and aren't really WHM exclusive either. Karka sure wasn't even though it was WHM's best ring at that time. The ring Calipso linked to, Tjukurrpa Annulet, is also great for whm but would probably go to any sword wielder first. I'm not really sure about that 100%, as I'm not very familiar with melee equipment, just pointing it out.

All I really know is that all this new equipment has no sentimental value to me at all. Still, what is important is making your gear sets, not how hard it was to get that item and how much it means to you. No matter how much you love that item it won't make it the right item to use in your set. I'm sure soon I'll have to let go of the pythia sash I hq'ed, my first ever synergy hq, for something better. That wouldn't go well for me but I would make the change eventually.

Anyways I'm not sure if we need more rare/ex rings, it's kind of a weird question and would really be up to the preference of the player on how they like to get equipment.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-04 18:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
All I really know is that all this new equipment has no sentimental value to me at all. Still, what is important is making your gear sets, not how hard it was to get that item and how much it means to you. No matter how much you love that item it won't make it the right item to use in your set.
say that to my coruscanti D;
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-04 18:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

>.>! okay maybe the VW gear

I haven't got anything out of VW so I really don't think about it much.
 Shiva.Wishes
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Wishes 2011-12-04 19:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They already have a Cure Pot ring, Sira,:P. But yah, 76%-.HP
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-05 00:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely have items with sentimental value attached to them, only reason I haven't tossed them. I just think at this stage of the game having a rare/ex label on special items are just an inconvenience to most people.

I still have an hq nobles, was one of my first/biggest hq items back in like 2006. I used it for the longest time, until I finally replaced with an (ugly) 14% facio. From getting my first shining cloth off kirin in like 2005 after 6-7 months of farming/waiting (and like a 3 month stretch where he was stingy as all hell and wouldn't drop any), it was soooooooo hard to replace :(

As for rings, imo it'd be cool if Tamas got a buff. Maybe not to -enm or mp but at least to the stats to keep it in line with the 7 stat rings and anything that comes out after that.

The ring Calipso linked to, Tjukurrpa Annulet, is also great for whm but would probably go to any sword wielder first. I'm not really sure about that 100%, as I'm not very familiar with melee equipment, just pointing it out.
They could try, but they'd get a swift Hexa Strike to the face first!
[+]
By KothoftheHammer 2011-12-05 00:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

more smn rings
 Ragnarok.Bamill
Server: Ragnarok
user: bamill
By Ragnarok.Bamill 2011-12-16 02:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know what the new staff gives? Cure Pot wise?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-12-16 10:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

24%
First Page 2