Amphiteres.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Amphiteres.
Amphiteres.
 Asura.Bexy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bexy
By Asura.Bexy 2011-11-25 06:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah... I've been trying for a while now, and the ones in Xarc S aren't landing. I remeber a while back they wouldn't too. Glitch, or am i just not doing it right? Trying to help a friend with Reaving Wind. Has anyone else noticed it on another server?

Help appreciated :)
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-11-25 06:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The one near the castle isn't glitched, the one @ OP is iirc.
 Asura.Bexy
By Asura.Bexy 2011-11-25 06:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

alright, thanks :) what about the one near Zinitra?
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-11-25 06:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bexy said: »
alright, thanks :) what about the one near Zinitra?

Not sure, i think theres one near campaign tower too, i remember killing one down there when it dropped on me >.>
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-11-25 06:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If it helps, Amphipteres are sight aggro, not sound like Yovra, so you have to be in front of them to aggro.
 Asura.Bexy
By Asura.Bexy 2011-11-25 06:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i keep running in front of it. It's true sight too, iirc. As far as i know, there's one near the castle, one near ops and one near the zone entrance's mountains. One near ops is glitched.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-25 06:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have always been skeptical about the aggro nature of amphipteres. I have fought around 50 of them and it would appear to be sight, however you need to run almost directly underneath them or just in front of them.

There are two amphipteres that can be aggro'd in Xarcabard(S), however I have only ever been successful in aggroing one, the second amphiptere was a random encounter that I still do not understand. The amphiptere you can aggro flies around the campaign ops. The amphiptere nearest the beaucedine zone cannot be aggro'd, and I have never been able to aggro the amphip by the castle either. The other amphiptere I aggro'd was north of the ops and literally landed out of nowhere (while I was already fighting the ops amphiptere), like I said a complete mystery because I have never even seen a fourth amphiptere flying around anywhere.

There is also an amphip in Beaucedine(S) by the tower around H-9 I think, you just have to be careful of the true sight imps that hang out here. Best way is to pull it to the ramp prior to the tower.

Remember to have your back to the wall and fight them side on to avoid attacks :)
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-11-25 07:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've unintentionally aggroed the amphiptere near the entrance to Castle Zvahl more than once. Same can be said for the one near the OP. However, I know that one has been glitched, SE even said so, but I thought it was fixed? They've always been rather hard to intentionally aggro for some reason though.

Btw there are 3 amphipteres in Beaucedine(S) and they are weaker than the ones in Xarcabard(S).
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-11-25 07:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Turul or the Amphiteres NM in Misareaux might be a better option.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-11-25 10:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Learned it from the one near the Nue tower, but that place is quite dangerious <.< you're pretty much surrounded by imps and skulls.
 Asura.Tezmania
user: tezmania
By Asura.Tezmania 2011-11-25 11:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you learn Spells in WoE if your party get kill shot? Could be another option too :P or Void Watch ! hahah
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-11-26 06:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you are looking to learn Reaving Wind, Bexy - in which case I'd go for the amphipteres in Beaucedine, that's how I learned it. They aren't hard, all you need is someone to hold it/feed it some tp for you (assuming your blu isn't 95 yet).
 Asura.Bexy
By Asura.Bexy 2011-11-26 07:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's okay, got it sorted- the one in the tower in xarc S is glitched, so we moved to beaucadine S. easy enough to agg and pull/tank the ones there. My friend got the spell, so we're all good :)

Thanks for the help!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-11-26 10:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tezmania said: »
Can you learn Spells in WoE if your party get kill shot? Could be another option too :P or Void Watch ! hahah

Woot another Scot :p