own area

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-11-25 18:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Me on THF/DNC and a friend on BLU/(idk what sub he brought lol) would average about 200 a run in bubu, we had a couple of god awful low runs when there were about 20 BSTs in the zone and pulled in an abysmal 150ish, I think the highest we saw was 250ish.

edit: My THF is crap gear and I luckily have at least max TH, my friends BLU is pretty pimp and he knows how to use it, and now that I thought about it he was /DNC too lol, I know because I spent a week burning it to 50 for him so he could JA proc.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-11-25 18:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of ppl dosent matter, at least here it dosent. Ive been in the dunes with only 5 ppl including myself and someone always manages to camp right next to me. People just cant grasp the conciept the more spread out we are the more everyone gets, they just rather crowd an area, fight over mobs and make everyone get less.

Today is a perfect example, only 8 ppl in the zone and some thf was literally next to me the entire time , even when i move he showed up, wouldnt answer me so idk wtf his prob was.
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-11-25 18:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Soloists wouldn't be so bad (particularly BSTs in this case) if they didn't have their god damn ladybug holding 20 mobs at once. *** that ***

I solo on BLU, can pull in 100~150 pieces a run (maybe 200 after we get TH on live servers :C) if I don't have Beastie McFuckface over there holding every god damn diremite and dancing weapon in the zone with his stupid ladybug
i'm sure they all stay "claimed". if people are being greedy i am all for picking off there unclaimed ones. what ticks me off is when I'm in dynamis on bst...i get an agro from a hippo...just so happen to proc the one I'm on...lady bug attacks other...my proced mob goes white...some *** comes and claims it :/ doesn't happen often...but still very annoying.

bottom story...if people pull massive groups...and leaves none for others...take there unclaimed...simple as that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-25 18:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's what I do. I love seeing BSTs use some sort of natural right that they've come up with as leverage for being allowed to take a hundred mobs at once and when you take one they *** about how "I HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET CURRENCY".

***, let me explain you something, I have the right to take whatever the *** I want. It's yellow, you have 20 of them, consider it a... service.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-25 18:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's what I do. I love seeing BSTs use some sort of natural right that they've come up with as leverage for being allowed to take a hundred mobs at once and when you take one they *** about how "I HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET CURRENCY".

***, let me explain you something, I have the right to take whatever the *** I want. It's yellow, you have 20 of them, consider it a... service.

As a blu, would you be mad if people took mobs from your whisker burns, though? Not that those live for long, but still....
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-25 19:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes because monsters that respawn in under a minute and there are 30-40 of in a small confined area is totally an analog to the 15-20 in a dynamis zone on 5 minute respawns. I'm also not confined to two hours per day of abyssea farming time. If they were doing it just to be a cocksmooch then yes, I totally would be pissed, but if it's a simple misundertanding then np. At least my guys die in under 30 seconds.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-25 19:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, fair enough mate. I wasn't tryin to rustle your feathers now >_<
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-25 19:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

As a blu, would you be mad if people took mobs from your whisker burns, though? Not that those live for long, but still....
Totally different scenario though, prior to starting my burn I go around and see who is killing what.
I find the open camp and go to town, if somebody wanted to poach my pulls
it would only be because they're trying to be a ***.

In Dyna the camps are far more limited and its a heavy "time is money" situation.
If somebody is hoarding mobs and I can't readily find "my own" then I'm taking "theirs".
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-25 19:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, you two bring up good points. For the record, I'm honestly right there with ya. Was just seeing where you draw the line is all lol. If they got 20 mobs, and there are only like 20 spawns..ya i'm gonna take 1 or 2 and solo um down..
By runeghost 2011-11-25 19:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said: »
runeghost said: »
So, while people were arguing I decided to check my server to see if anything had changed.. I went into a dynamis dreamlands (there was a bst there, now it is empty except for me). So, um, yes, your server may vary greatly =)
Also 55 minutes in, 5 minutes left, gotten two "One byne bills" so, yeah, you can all go on about how you average a hundred times better than me if that makes you feel better about yourself ^_^

-R
Wow, unless you're just in it for the gears, you're doing it wrong.

I feel like I just got trolled. I did, Didn't I?
Na, not a troll. I just wanted to finish off sets of +1 relic gear before the +2 update so every now and then I head to Tavnazia. Today is the first time I ever saw anyone in it (a /search is usually empty, after I zoned in I saw 2 today but it is usually empty). I fight the pair of bugards at the entrance until the hour runs out. I have gotten 5(?) -1 pants so far but not the ones I wanted. I ended up with 3 byne bills by the way, one dropped in the last 5 minutes. I would rather go with someone but no one in my ls is interested in dynamis anymore so unless I solo it and buy the currency I won't get the +1 relic I want to complete my set =)
More than you asked for, but added info just to clear the worry that I might be an undercover troll.
-R
By runeghost 2011-11-25 19:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
So, while people were arguing I decided to check my server to see if anything had changed.. I went into a dynamis dreamlands (there was a bst there, now it is empty except for me). So, um, yes, your server may vary greatly =)
Also 55 minutes in, 5 minutes left, gotten two "One byne bills" so, yeah, you can all go on about how you average a hundred times better than me if that makes you feel better about yourself ^_^

-R
You need to get all of the TE statues to be able to proc mobs. (or at least up your chances) Without procs nothing is going to drop. Procs are DNC steps.
Going in /dnc would work - soloing the TE statues I don't think is in my capabilities ^_^. Still, slow drops are better than nothing.
-R
By runeghost 2011-11-25 19:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »
1. Jinjo is a worse troll than Flion.

2. Runeghost needs to say what server they're on as they've said twice now, "on my server CoP is empty", I get the feeling if a server was specified there'd be people from that server on here calling BS. Never seen an empty CoP zone.
Oh, certainly. I am on Bahamut, the formerly closed server that opened up and merged with ..um...Ramuh? I think? And I posted a few months back in the http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/25609/anyone-doing-dreamland-dynamis/ since it was empty. I can't say that I have been in Tavnazia -every- day but I usually drop in for an hour or so every day or two and today was the first time it was NOT empty (there were 3 other people, they left after a half hour). If there were people in there I would happily offer to help them get more currency in exchange for a chance at the -1 relic or a hydra piece or something.

-R
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-25 19:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Get over yourself.

I think people use that phrase, more inappropriately than the term "troll", honestly lol

Pardon? He had an incorrect presumption that he knew what he was talking about and that his viewpoint was somehow valid and relevant. Even if I were a troll, it doesn't detract from the fact that I'm correct.

He's simply detracting from the focus of the argument by bringing up an irrelevant statement in attempt to assert some sort of superiority or control. Thus, he should get over himself.

I think you should go away, honestly. Lol.
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-25 19:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said: »
Wow, unless you're just in it for the gears, you're doing it wrong.
I just wanted to finish off sets of +1 relic gear before the +2 update so every now and then I head to Tavnazia.
Fair enough.

Also I'm sure people will have a easier time believing Tav is mostly empty.
When I hear Dreamlands I think Bubu or Valk.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-25 21:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ancientdragon said: »
how hard would it be for them to make it so when you entered only your group would be in the area.its getting hard now to even bother with it anymore so many soloers always like to camp on a group and pick off mobs.

I've always wanted dyna to be instanced, before just so that you could get in to popular zones or not have to fight over them during prime times but that would have been a whole lot easier with the way dyna use to be and a lot less server intensive since you'd have far less groups going in and thus less temporary zones being 'hosted'. Now that you can solo or farm in small groups, instancing is even harder to implement because you'd have probably hundreds of groups trying to go in and end up with the nyzul isle problem back in the day. To make matters worse, dyna zones are much larger than the comparativly small nyzul levels which probably only have to be generated and held one floor at a time.

I don't see it happening as much as I wish it would.
By Brolli 2011-11-25 21:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
Just ban BST from Dynamis and problem solved!
specially sudden bandwagon of bsts that only use the job to farm on dynamis,
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-25 22:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-25 22:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Qufim sucks most of the time. Same for Bubu and Dunes. There are typically no less than 5 BSTs in each at all times. Half of which don't understand the concept of sharing and/or spreading out.

Our current best non-white proc run was yesterday. ~120 currency
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-11-25 23:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is the best for taking those unclaimed mobs lol, just wait till its 20% and one spell kills it. Also avg one white proc a run sounds extremely over exaggerated.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-26 00:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Natural TH2 + superior kill speed + /DNC + Sanguine Blade/Magic Fruit/Efficient Drains = BLU is gonna be pretty baller, probably second only to a lucky DNC that gets white procs semi often in terms of absolutely solo currency yield.
By seyton 2011-11-26 21:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not BST you're all mad at, it's the bandwagong full perle and doom taibar douches who make us all look bad
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-11-27 17:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When and how will blu get th2? Can't wait!
By ellinor 2011-11-28 09:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm i think you guys are all pretty awesome. i would like start soloing dynamis when my friends aren't free to do it. i would be happy if i can average 100~+ i will dual box as well... thf/dnc and blu :D any suggestion?

i just did a simple math of what you guys said you're averaging a day, so pretty much you guys finish a relic in just a couple months! that's really impressive. i'm super psyched!
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-11-28 10:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said: »

By ellinor 2011-11-28 13:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said: »
taru, will you be my pet please? :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Jajabiondina
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Jajabiondina 2012-01-22 17:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Any bst i see holding more than 1 mob i just take one and dont even say ty.

Post deleted by User.