How to TH Proc
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-11-24 16:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Argument 2 Is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

You can upgrade to TH12 wearing nothing, and starting from TH3. The only thing that TH Gear does at this point is determine your starting point.

But its already been said, Equip TH Gear > Hit mob > Take it off. You'll upgrade the same. Random is random!

Bahamut.Novadragon said: »
I have noticed that landing a hard crit can increase chances to proc the 1st TH increase from Sneak Attack. I been getting it alot. Not sure if this is true just my suspicions.

I believe they said that SA and TA have a higher chance to proc Upgrade.

I feel it has something to do with Critical hits, or damage in general. But as i have no proof, its more of a belief.

call something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
say something equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
"umad?"
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2011-11-24 16:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i think everyone believes increases are random. i'm assuming they just feel that wearing TH Gear/dread gives the random a higher chance to proc.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-11-24 16:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »
Ariaum said: »
Can pull with RA miss and it still TH's the mob... do it all the time and proc to 7-8 in dynamis. Things like dynamis isn't prolly really worth changing out the knife every mob or anthing where you just fight fodder mobs. NM's that you aren't the tank you are probably better off just hitting it with SA/TA and staying off seems too work better. At least imo.

In dynamis, I'll just leave the knife on most of the time. Sometimes the TP loss doesn't seem worth it.

In situations like Dynamis i think its safer to just wear two Awesome Knives and not worry about the jump from TH5 to TH6.

Theres a fine chance the Killspeed increase will likely make up from the yet unknown % increase TH 6 Holds over TH5

Yeah I guess. Now that I think about it I probably get as much currency drops when my mage goes /th with TH2 and I go as another job ; ;
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-11-24 16:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Honestly Karbuncle I think "critical hits" have nothing to do with TH procs.

Look at abyssea right, thf has a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE critical hit rate. And yet when I'm farming organs in sea for hours and hours, I notice the same amount of TH procs, if not more, just from attacking normally.

If there was anything to your theory we would see a crapload more procs in abyssea against normal mobs

Honestly, My belief is more it has to do with the damage. Why you may ask, When the update was originally release they said "Further, the Damage from SA/TA will have an increased chance to upgrade". I'm probably reading too much into this, But i recognize that.

Something a long those lines. Why i said Critical hits is really something even i can't remember what was going through my mind.

So as a loose "Maybe i should test this...?" Thought i gave to myself, I think the Damage from SA/TA might determine the chance for Upgrade.

As states, its completely baseless, just a thought In my mind i want to test some day. It came from the fact that on NMs/what have you, Say voidwatch, I feel i get more TH Upgrades when I'm fully buffed (Stalwart/Bravers/etc) than i did when my buffs were down.

Again. Its not even something I'm going around doing all the time. Its more of a loose belief I want to test some day.

Again, I think i just ***in that guys cheerios. Hopefully this explanation makes more sense. Basically, Its not something i go around telling other people to do, Hell I don't even do it. Its more of a "I should test this some time"

You guys can't sit there and say you've never had a random thought of something that seems insane that you wanted to test some time.

Asura.Fondue said: »
Argument 2 Is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

You can upgrade to TH12 wearing nothing, and starting from TH3. The only thing that TH Gear does at this point is determine your starting point.

But its already been said, Equip TH Gear > Hit mob > Take it off. You'll upgrade the same. Random is random!

I have noticed that landing a hard crit can increase chances to proc the 1st TH increase from Sneak Attack. I been getting it alot. Not sure if this is true just my suspicions.

I believe they said that SA and TA have a higher chance to proc Upgrade.

I feel it has something to do with Critical hits, or damage in general. But as i have no proof, its more of a belief.

call something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
say something equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
"umad?"

No really, Did i punch your mom...? Or maybe i took an NM you were camping? There's gotta be some reason.

Don't be afraid to say, You're in a safe place.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-24 16:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a main THF, but when I'm on THF I usually I keep my TH Gear on until I see the message proc. So on the first hit of any melee swing I can take off my TH gear and switch to TP, regardless if the message pops or not?
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-11-24 16:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"I feel I get more TH Upgrades when..."

Again, that entire post was worthless eyeballing

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-11-24 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Your point being? I said that in the same post. "Its all baseless" = Hence eyeballing = Hence Not factual information.

I'm still not getting the hate, so i ask again. When exactly did i ***in your cheerios?

Edit: I said "I have no proof", not that "Its all Baseless" I apologize for that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-24 16:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Could time possibly be a factor? Cause the only times I don't see SA increase the TH lv is when I've just had a proc, never seen two in a row. Dunno if just coincidence.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-11-24 16:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Could time possibly be a factor? Cause the only times I don't see SA increase the TH lv is when I've just had a proc, never seen two in a row. Dunno if just coincidence.

I don't think so, I know I've seen it upgrade from TH6 to 7 off SA, then to 7 to 8 off the Trick Attack.

yeah karbuncle I understand what you're trying to say. For all we know there could be a hidden effect tied into damage or something etc

For the record Jos, i honestly Wasn't trying to convince anyone to believe my theories, quite the opposite, I don't care if anyone believes them because i know they're kinda ... far-fetched to put it nicely.

I literally said something that was on the top of my mind at the time, And I didn't expect someone to read this far into it. Sorry if it felt different.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-24 16:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Then just coincidence *shrugs*
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-24 17:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I engage a mob, using th6. the second after I land an attack I swap to full dd gear etc. TH6 is on the mob 100% of the time, no gear and no weapons or weaponskills will increase proc chance at that point.

only SA and TA. even if I am a naked thf using my fists, it's still SA and TA and since they have 100% accuracy, no gear or weapon will help if that is your only goal

everything beyond that is theory since this is all that SE has stated so far
Alright, I'll take this into account.
By Ariaum 2011-11-24 17:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

From the stand point of TH5-6 in dynamis I kinda feel the same way but since I duo with a dnc/nosub I kinda feel it's my job to TH6+ it... but you are probably right I just like the TH6. lol
 Sylph.Fulmination
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Fulmination 2011-11-24 17:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has announced multiple times that TH has a higher chance to proc when the conditions for Sneak and Trick attack are satisfied.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-11-24 18:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill.
[+]
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2011-11-24 18:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said: »
Chill.

lol sorry i had to...
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-11-24 19:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Eyeballing isnt that bad, it gives a theory and a reason worth seriously testing.

W/o eyeballing there would be no test.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-11-24 21:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
Chill.

lol sorry i had to...

Thats the first thing i thought of.

oh god, those Batman Movies, I loved them as a kid. The one liners... oh the one liners.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-03 03:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

he is how i do and just because im lazy

full TH gear until i ws becuase ws macro puts on my tp gar after ws automatically.

if the nm is not difficult to hold i switch to offhand bestinger t to reduce dmg but keep attack rounds speed up for more time/chances to get TH upgrade procs
just steal hate from the trigger happy blm
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-03 03:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

full TH gear until i ws becuase ws macro puts on my tp gar after ws automatically.

if the nm is not difficult to hold i switch to offhand bestinger t to reduce dmg but keep attack rounds speed up for more time/chances to get TH upgrade procs
single wielding would speed up attack rounds even more so
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-12-03 03:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

No offense, but do you ever read over your post before submitting?
 Leviathan.Thania
user: thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2011-12-03 03:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i was wondering : how th work as subjob ? /thf ?
since it doesnt proc if you are not thf can we say it's ineffective on sub ?
during 10 years we believed that /thf increases drop rate on farm
so is it true or not ?
or does it put TH2 on mob w/o message ?
if TH doesnt work on subjob why se put a treasure hunter belt (that thief cant wear !) in abyssea coffers ?

Someone wise, unlight this mistery please, thank you
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-03 03:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Message only displays when TH increases a tier, doesn't mean TH from /THF hasn't taken effect. Same goes for THF main, just because your chat log never said TH6 doesn't mean it hasn't been applied.
 Leviathan.Thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2011-12-03 03:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

so it is an invisible TH2 that can be put on the mob but we dont know cause no message to tell us ?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-03 03:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thania said: »
so it is an invisible TH2 that can be put on the mob but we dont know cause no message to tell us ?
That is not exclusive to /THF. As THF main you are also able to apply TH without getting any messages. Message only means it went up.
 Leviathan.Thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2011-12-03 03:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

second question now to dispel any doubt on this TH thing
we have an argument in my linkshell last week

argument 1 : thief procs TH12 on a nm and dies : he's no more on mob's hate list : TH is zero he has to re-proc everything

argument 2 : thief procs TH12 on a nm and dies : no need to reproc, the TH is still active

who is right ?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-12-03 03:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Second one. Unless the mob goes passive, TH will stay on
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-03 04:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Santa would hurry up, and bring me my +2 Assassin's Armlets!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-03 04:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru THF is all the TH you need.
[+]