COR Vs BRD In Meripo.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR vs BRD in Meripo.
COR vs BRD in Meripo.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-01-18 09:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirayuki said:
We will be doing all that we can to ensure that you return to a brighter, better Bahamut.
lold
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-01-18 10:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
LOL wtf evisceration. Thats bad. I mean *** steel bullets arnt that expensive really. and LOL hunters roll. I spam chaos and sams roll or chaos and fighters or corsairs if they ask for it.

wat
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-18 10:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a BRD and am burned out on meriting so I generally don't do it. The few times I do merit, it's under the condition that I don't have to pull. This works out for about 15 minutes and then I get bored and remember I can pull so much better than a COR or most other BRDs. This being said, I usually /NIN regardless since I have no mp build and my Elf MP is piss poor to begin with and I know I'll eventually start to pull.

[+]
 Remora.Ampelius
Server: Remora
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2010-01-18 10:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in a baller merit once as whm/sch, we were whm,cor,war,war,sam,sam and it was great.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-18 11:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
If you're in a party on BRD or COR and you're main healing, get the *** out.

If you only have to toss of the occasional cure to keep your party alive and you're main healing on BRD or COR, get me in. Means that your DDs are killing fast enough and keeping shadows up well enough that you don't have to worry about curing. That's a super epeen party right there sir.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-01-18 14:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

cant Cor be a fast puller too?

Mirke with QD delay down

Pull, buff, pull, buff, pull another bird as soon as 1st one dies, etc.
in case QD is out, time your pull with the current bird's death, works well for me, and in case of bird camp, you can pull from the upper camp (if in the bottom camp) or vise versa due to gun's range.

Im not saying I can do better than a bard, but I can damn well compete against one at claiming
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-18 14:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Rathz said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
If you're in a party on BRD or COR and you're main healing, get the *** out.

If you only have to toss of the occasional cure to keep your party alive and you're main healing on BRD or COR, get me in. Means that your DDs are killing fast enough and keeping shadows up well enough that you don't have to worry about curing. That's a super epeen party right there sir.

Agreed for the rare circumstance it may happen, although you took what I said out of context.

Just going off of memory but the highest I managed to get my MP, including 8/8 MP merits, was just over 700. This would make it incredibly difficult to solo cure most parties. The DDs would have to be killing at a terrific pace to mitigate the damage they would take if the monster lived longer.

Just one Pecking Flurry with no shadows up would consume 1/7th of your MP. You don't have Convert, you don't have any native auto-refresh, and the best cure you have is Cure 3.

Plus, the bigges point of all, no haste. Why any party would choose a COR main heal over any job with haste that's supposed to cure, I couldn't imagine. That's why I'd probably GTFO at the start; it shows bad understanding of how to build a quality merit party.

Don't get me wrong, I really love COR, and I believe they can adapt to so many roles that the playerbase doesn't give them credit for... But we do not make good main healers.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-18 15:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor main healer? I agree, gtfo. Any main healer that can't cast the spell haste, and your party sucks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-01-18 15:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hey! ; ; Scholar has no haste but can heal rather well
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-01-18 15:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said:
hey! ; ; Scholar has no haste but can heal rather well

Kinda suck in meritparties.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-18 15:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said:
hey! ; ; Scholar has no haste

That's the point.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-18 15:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Bismarck.Misao said:
hey! ; ; Scholar has no haste

That's the point.
Bingo. No set up is worthwhile w/o the addition of haste.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Redtailedboa
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Redtailedboa 2010-02-22 11:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer pulling as COR over BRD in bird parties because when a COR pulls, unless it pulls 5 mobs, you'll never have to worry about seeing, "Zzz" multiple times from anyone. Birds won't reflect Light Shot. And as said previously, pull with a chakram and you won't have to worry about spending an arm and a leg on bullets.
 Asura.Barthalomew
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 11:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Mogue said:
Frobeus said:
Try pt'ing with 3 Sam/War full timing Hasso (NO seigan ever) and keeping serk up whenever possible and see if you can keep up with that on rdm.

Substitute a SAM/WAR with a DRG/mage and you're golden :P

Drg is ok, but a well very well geared Sam/War in x2brd, or brd/cor pt will out do well geared Drg/anything.

To celd, idc what you pull with (use the disc), I just don't like elegy since it means one of the DD is going to need erase every other pull.

Yeah... I'd like to see a sam/war using polearm out dd me on drg/sam... I'd give them my account
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-22 11:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Redtailedboa said:
I prefer pulling as COR over BRD in bird parties because when a COR pulls, unless it pulls 5 mobs, you'll never have to worry about seeing, "Zzz" multiple times from anyone. Birds won't reflect Light Shot. And as said previously, pull with a chakram and you won't have to worry about spending an arm and a leg on bullets.

That's what Cure is for though. And often why bird merits always involve one /whm incase the healer gets slept.

And any BRD pulling with horde should be kicked.

Also @ the post above: Yeah, saying SAM/WAR will outparse DRG/anything is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. DRG will ***all over a SAM if equivalently geared.
By Izey 2010-02-22 11:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Actually, in an extremely high powered party @ birds I can see why you would want the Cor to pull. It all depends on how the pt is setup. Rdm/sub, brd/whm, cor/nin, DD,DD,DD would be fine. Have the cor actually use one of the AU throwing items to pull instead of a gun, since in this setup the cor would not be DD'n at all.

Nobody take this as an acceptable pt setup for the general merit pt, but in a situation like x3 sam/war using poles and full time hasso you need a secondary healer.

If I was a COR or BRd or RDM in a PT with 3x SAM/WAR full timing Hasso, /opens menu. /Disbands.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 11:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yeah... I'd like to see a sam/war using polearm out dd me on drg/sam... I'd give them my account
Good thing you're not on Fairy, you'd lose your account.
Quote:
Yeah, saying SAM/WAR will outparse DRG/anything is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. DRG will ***all over a SAM if equivalently geared.
Lol if you're suggesting a drg/blu can outdamage a sam/war. That aside, being decked out on both jobs, I'd have to say my sam outperforms my drg in merits, but not by much.
By Izey 2010-02-22 11:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Sylph.Redtailedboa said:

That's what Cure is for though. And often why bird merits always involve one /whm incase the healer gets slept.

And any BRD pulling with horde should be kicked.

Also @ the post above: Yeah, saying SAM/WAR will outparse DRG/anything is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. DRG will ***all over a SAM if equivalently geared.

>_>

I'm sorry I'd love to agree but I cannot from personal experience... because it seems that SAMs "Overwhelm," out does the DRGs superior Polearm skillage.... I know this cuz I've used equivilant gear on both to test it (Askar haha).
And SAM out DD's my DRG by an ***... well 200-400+ DMG when on equivilant ground. DRG is still good, but a SAM with Overwhelm is better ~_~
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-22 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Lol if you're suggesting a drg/blu can outdamage a sam/war. That aside, being decked out on both jobs, I'd have to say my sam outperforms my drg in merits, but not by much.

I didn't mention a specific sub. There are combos that would be beaten (DRG/BLU, DRG/PUP, DRG/SCH). But saying "SAM/WAR > DRG/anything" is, as I said, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Because that's just ***.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-22 11:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you don't have to agree, somebody said "Amazing SAM", so the DRG has to be equivalently 'amazing' for it to be a fair comparison.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 11:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can cap acc w/ meat on both. Drg wins in DoT, has jumps, + wyvern. Sam gets 5hit, overwhelm, zerk
By Izey 2010-02-22 11:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Well you don't have to agree, somebody said "Amazing SAM", so the DRG has to be equivalently 'amazing' for it to be a fair comparison.

No dude for real >_>
SAM with Overwhelm will Destroy the DRG using the same gear I allreayd did it >_<, and I was really hoping my DRG did more DMG....

And just a fair warning.... don';t bet againts Vegetto you'll loose your account... his SAM is too much...

You see the fried chicken his Avatar is eating?

It's not chicken....it's colibri.
 Cerberus.Hoshiyo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hoshiyo 2010-02-22 11:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I never conventional merit unless there is a BRD and COR in my party. Since I'm normally the COR I /war and deal damage. Since normal COR acc is laughable I eat sushi and try not to pull hate, which can be difficult at the beginning of a fight or after a weaponskill lands. So I save my slug shot for <=20%
Usual set up BRD/NIN,COR/WAR,WHM/SCH,DRG/SAM,DRG/SAM,WAR/SAM
Double march, war roll, and cor roll (luzaf's should get the whm) and everyone's making 25k+/hr easily without xp rings. The BRD should have a pianissimo>Ballad 2 macro with the WHM's name in it and should cast when pulling colibri back to the camp.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't destroy it. I have both jobs, rather decked out. Drg is a massive force to be reckoned with. I just know I'd have to say in terms of how good gear can get, my sam and drg are about equivalent and that my sam edges out over my drg. Not by much, but still wins.
By Izey 2010-02-22 11:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Destroy is a bit much, but in a race to first to 0 HP with both players weakend to piercing ;p!

Oh yeah =Q

(No seriously I can't look at your god dam Avatar or I keep laughing XD)
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 12:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
Good thing you're not on Fairy, you'd lose your account.
Quote:
Yeah, saying SAM/WAR will outparse DRG/anything is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. DRG will ***all over a SAM if equivalently geared.

Well, I'm talking about going drg/sam vs a sam/war. I have both, full polearm merits. My Drakesbane on drg averages 2200-2500 dmg. (I'm at work right now, and I have multiple pics to upload once I get home if you don't believe me.) Also, almost every Meripo I'm in, I'm parsing nearly 50% of the damage in my party. There's no way I hit those numbers on sam. Ever... And yes.. I have amazing gear and both jobs fully merrited.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 12:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't average 2.2k-2.5k. Not even close. Wouldn't be a believable average if you were sugging war and riding bersrek yet alone w/ /sam.

Will you be able to hit those numbers? Definitely. Will you average them? No. Stop lying to yourself, stop lying to us. Maybe someone who hasn't played XI before will believe those numbers.

Those same numbers, I can hit them on sam just as well, but am I going to average them on either job? Hell no. If you honestly believe you're averaging 2.2k then you need to get glasses, because you can't read.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 12:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, mind posting your legendary WS set that allows your drakes to average that high?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 12:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fay lance has (DMG: +5 STR +3 DEX+2) Champions Galea has STR +6 wsacc+15 Haste+2) STR 5/5 Merits, polearm 8/8
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10