COR Vs BRD In Meripo.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR vs BRD in Meripo.
COR vs BRD in Meripo.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-01 14:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally wouldn't do it lol. I'd say *** the chain the war and sam can kill that ***on their own. To keep chain, you sleep a wyvern or ratpor from the mamool and bst mobs and keep it slept till all the mobs are gone and you can kill them while you wait on repops.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-12-01 14:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thats normally what I do when I'm on BRD. I just went MNK that day because I needed to recap my buffer. And I personally have a preference for the Mamool camp now-a-days, but thats because I'm just sick of not having invites on MNK because SAM,DRG,WAR,RNG are all better at Birds it seems.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-01 14:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I go sam mainly to birds, mnk to mamools.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 14:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Yeah, thats normally what I do when I'm on BRD. I just went MNK that day because I needed to recap my buffer. And I personally have a preference for the Mamool camp now-a-days, but thats because I'm just sick of not having invites on MNK because SAM,DRG,WAR,RNG are all better at Birds it seems.

No its because we all know what your monks gear looks like. No B.haidates, no Black Belt, you tp in relic pants and body for pete's sake man. Thats why you get no pt invites. To top it off hand to hand is blunt dmg and piercing jobs will always get invites over blunt when the target mob is a bird.
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 14:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Haublice said:
I leveled COR when it first came out for the simple reason, fast merit invites yet can get by without having to pull. Recently for the last week or so every invite i have had is COR BRD and yet the pt wants me to pull. With the delay of my gun, plus timers on Light Shot and losing the DD power of Slugshot, i dont understand why COR makes a better puller over BRD, any ideas?

PFFFFFFFFT, Cor can pull like a Brd. My foolish brother used to make me do it. It's all about timing baby~
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-12-01 15:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
No its because we all know what your monks gear looks like. No B.haidates, no Black Belt, you tp in relic pants and body for pete's sake man. Thats why you get no pt invites. To top it off hand to hand is blunt dmg and piercing jobs will always get invites over blunt when the target mob is a bird.
Wow, look what the cat dragged in... the Kaio-***troll.
Worthless PoS
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 15:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Wow, look what the cat dragged in... the Kaio-***troll. Worthless PoS

Yeah, the way I see it, if you going to diss someone else's gear, make sure yours is INCREDIBLY TOUGH, ne?
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-12-01 15:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jax said:
Bahamut.Haublice said:
I leveled COR when it first came out for the simple reason, fast merit invites yet can get by without having to pull. Recently for the last week or so every invite i have had is COR BRD and yet the pt wants me to pull. With the delay of my gun, plus timers on Light Shot and losing the DD power of Slugshot, i dont understand why COR makes a better puller over BRD, any ideas?
PFFFFFFFFT, Cor can pull like a Brd. My foolish brother used to make me do it. It's all about timing baby~
I gotta agree with this, but just to me, COR can do more besides pulling and BRD doesn't do too much more, so it just tends to be more efficient to have BRD pull.

Edit: let me finish that statement. more efficient for BRD to pull while COR DDs.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 15:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Wow, look what the cat dragged in... the Kaio-***troll. Worthless PoS

Nah dude I'm just being blunt and honest. Didn't know you couldn't take the truth. I didn't invent the game mechanics or player dynamics sir, it's just how it is on our little closed server, if your gear blows make your own meripo or lfp for ever, I know a BB monk with great gear and full 25% haste build and he waits hours for meripos for nyzul. Piercing or get the *** out. Now in response to your "POS" statement, go back to your boyfriend agent and continue the circle jerk in vent and get off ffxiah.com ;)
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-12-01 15:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I know my MNK isn't epic with everything it needs. Its a work in progress... but I at least will admit that. My BRD still needs gear, has a lot of room for improvement. The best players can do alot with what little they have, though they seek to get the best gear at the same time. I'm still seeking out the gear I need, I just deal with what I have in the meantime.... isn't that what everyone tries to do?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-01 15:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can beat many ppl with piercing jobs just fine on my mnk. I just happen to perform better w/ my pirecing job of my own, but piercing doesn't get you the auto win, as many players will suck at it, lol. (For example, all the non polearm merited sams who think they can get away eating meat instead of sushi)
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 15:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

luckily, gimpy corsairs still get invites.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-01 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jax said:
Not from me lol. I'll kick a brd or a cor just as fast as I will anyone else who is *** up or if I'm not leader I'm quick to /pcmd leave, lol. For example, had a cor one time spamming evisceration and kept giving hunter's roll. I bounced real quick.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 15:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Yeah...you really don't have much room to talk Kaioshin...

Your on gilgamesh how do you know my gear? If you were on my profile and seen one version of my cor gear then i'd understand where you'd get the one sided impression ;) Let me break it down for ya tho.

TP: Joytoy, trailers, martial gun, suppa, vision earring, snipers, ecphoria (yes for acc and the store tp), comm. boots for acc, swift for acc and haste, dusk for haste and attack (i wear war gloves for running in) relic legs because i think they are awesome ^^ butt pockets ftw, SH because i dont own relic body yet, it didnt drop last night. Spectacles because they are cheaper then PCC and i used the gil i saved to get the awesome martial gun XD, Amemet mantle+1, AF hat because duh, str and ranged acc and bullets for ranged tping.

WS: *detonator for the most part* Martial Gun, steel bullets, behemoth ring, snipers ring, af feet for str and ranged acc, warwolf belt for str, Af body for the ranged acc and cus i dont have relic body or denali ; ;.

Thats it for the gear changes incase you were confused by ffxiah.com listing my gear as "gimp" my cor is very situational and performs very well. I'm not THE best cor on the server but one of them for sure.

QD gear needs work as I need denali legs but I'm getting there. 300 thunder shot on genbu seems ok for now.
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 15:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha, yeah, but me im too worried about hurting the other persons feelings that I just deal with it for an hr or so. :<
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 15:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Your on gilgamesh how do you know my gear? If you were on my profile and seen one version of my cor gear then i'd understand where you'd get the one sided impression ;) Let me break it down for ya tho. TP: Joytoy, trailers, martial gun, suppa, vision earring, snipers, ecphoria (yes for acc and the store tp), comm. boots for acc, swift for acc and haste, dusk for haste and attack (i wear war gloves for running in) relic legs because i think they are awesome ^^ butt pockets ftw, SH because i dont own relic body yet, it didnt drop last night. Spectacles because they are cheaper then PCC and i used the gil i saved to get the awesome martial gun XD, Amemet mantle 1, AF hat because duh, str and ranged acc and bullets for ranged tping. WS: *detonator for the most part* Martial Gun, steel bullets, behemoth ring, snipers ring, af feet for str and ranged acc, warwolf belt for str, Af body for the ranged acc and cus i dont have relic body or denali ; ;. Thats it for the gear changes incase you were confused by ffxiah.com listing my gear as "gimp" my cor is very situational and performs very well. I'm not THE best cor on the server but one of them for sure. QD gear needs work as I need denali legs but I'm getting there. 300 thunder shot on genbu seems ok for now.

shhh, u dont even have relic hat.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 15:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
I know my MNK isn't epic with everything it needs. Its a work in progress... but I at least will admit that. My BRD still needs gear, has a lot of room for improvement. The best players can do alot with what little they have, though they seek to get the best gear at the same time. I'm still seeking out the gear I need, I just deal with what I have in the meantime.... isn't that what everyone tries to do?

Yea and you and everyone else on the bandwagon assumed i was attacking you. I guess you all were *** DYING to start a flamecore. The point is you sounded like you were whining about lfp as monk and I was telling you how it works. Like I said previously its just the way it is on our server. It sucks. My cor is alot better then most people but the fact that my brd is pretty good and people know me for my brd i get a meripo invite, i gear cor cus thats what i was lfp on and i get to nyzul and its all "oh damn... we wanted you as brd." and I look to see another cor in piss poor gear smiling away going "I DDz nao plz" with a rune sword and archers knife. >< FML but anyways im digressing its just the way it is man and until your gear improves or have a friend get you in on a bird meripo, thats how it will be. I'm sorry for ya and you know that if I was in a meripo and you asked if we had room i'd get you in for pete's sake i got Altarius' gimp *** thf in for a few merits I let him have my spot. Just do me a favor and don't bring agent along lol.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 15:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Sylph.Jax said:
Not from me lol. I'll kick a brd or a cor just as fast as I will anyone else who is *** up or if I'm not leader I'm quick to /pcmd leave, lol. For example, had a cor one time spamming evisceration and kept giving hunter's roll. I bounced real quick.

LOL wtf evisceration. Thats bad. I mean *** steel bullets arnt that expensive really. and LOL hunters roll. I spam chaos and sams roll or chaos and fighters or corsairs if they ask for it.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jax said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Your on gilgamesh how do you know my gear? If you were on my profile and seen one version of my cor gear then i'd understand where you'd get the one sided impression ;) Let me break it down for ya tho. TP: Joytoy, trailers, martial gun, suppa, vision earring, snipers, ecphoria (yes for acc and the store tp), comm. boots for acc, swift for acc and haste, dusk for haste and attack (i wear war gloves for running in) relic legs because i think they are awesome ^^ butt pockets ftw, SH because i dont own relic body yet, it didnt drop last night. Spectacles because they are cheaper then PCC and i used the gil i saved to get the awesome martial gun XD, Amemet mantle 1, AF hat because duh, str and ranged acc and bullets for ranged tping. WS: *detonator for the most part* Martial Gun, steel bullets, behemoth ring, snipers ring, af feet for str and ranged acc, warwolf belt for str, Af body for the ranged acc and cus i dont have relic body or denali ; ;. Thats it for the gear changes incase you were confused by ffxiah.com listing my gear as "gimp" my cor is very situational and performs very well. I'm not THE best cor on the server but one of them for sure. QD gear needs work as I need denali legs but I'm getting there. 300 thunder shot on genbu seems ok for now.

First off your a moron if you full time relic hat over af, relic is for phantom roll macro and yes your right, i dont have it, I blame dynamis drop rates. I'm first cor northland relic in my ls. So soon as it drops its mine.
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-12-01 15:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Sylph.Jax said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
First off your a moron if you full time relic hat over af, relic is for phantom roll macro and yes your right, i dont have it, I blame dynamis drop rates. I'm first cor northland relic in my ls. So soon as it drops its mine.

HAHAHAHA, right, its so0o0o0o much better. Never said that. Wow, awesome for you, once it drops its so yours. *clap clap*
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 15:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jax said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Sylph.Jax said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
HAHAHAHA, right, its so0o0o0o much better. Never said that. Wow, awesome for you, once it drops its so yours. *clap clap*

Oh wow you really are looking for a fight today lol. Nothing I said in my comment was aimed at you or meant to provoke you to come back with such a snide remark. Your having a rough day today?

Ninja Edit: Relic hat does have 8 ranged attack and thats good for tping in. I'd still ws in af.
 Bahamut.Agent
user: Agent
By Bahamut.Agent 2009-12-01 15:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:

Yea and you and everyone else on the bandwagon assumed i was attacking you. I guess you all were *** DYING to start a flamecore. The point is you sounded like you were whining about lfp as monk and I was telling you how it works. Like I said previously its just the way it is on our server. It sucks. My cor is alot better then most people but the fact that my brd is pretty good and people know me for my brd i get a meripo invite, i gear cor cus thats what i was lfp on and i get to nyzul and its all "oh damn... we wanted you as brd." and I look to see another cor in piss poor gear smiling away going "I DDz nao plz" with a rune sword and archers knife. >< FML but anyways im digressing its just the way it is man and until your gear improves or have a friend get you in on a bird meripo, thats how it will be. I'm sorry for ya and you know that if I was in a meripo and you asked if we had room i'd get you in for pete's sake i got Altarius' gimp *** thf in for a few merits I let him have my spot. Just do me a favor and don't bring agent along lol.

Look guys please stop this fighting, it's not worth it to start any more trouble, i don't mind if u dont like me kaio but it is no reason to pull me into all of this, please be respectful of others whether on games or forums thank you
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 15:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agent said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Look guys please stop this fighting, it's not worth it to start any more trouble, i don't mind if u dont like me kaio but it is no reason to pull me into all of this, please be respectful of others whether on games or forums thank you

ok why not XD
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2009-12-07 19:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
Asking a Cor to /whm is an insult... you have no idea how boring it is to be /whm in meritpo.. especially with fully merited Winning Streak... that's 6min 30sec of doing nothing and/or not needing to cure because the Mage's mp is full.. help sleep a link or 2... oh so exciting... i rather /nin (to keep from dying due to slug shot) or /war in meritpo as cor... im sorry but if the mage needs help keeping the DD alive with Ballad and MP rolls he needs to find a 10k per hr pt.. or maybe a level sync pt is more his speed.. Asura Merit pts are funny, most want the cor to be /whm... others with a brd in pt but lazy as hell would rather have the cor pull while the brd sits back and sings 4 songs then afk... i Refuse to pull in BRD meritpo.. most BRDs have become Lazy and use the Excuse "oh i wont be able to land Sleep on <mob name> let the cor pull" or "My Wind isnt capped" or then even better excuse because its totally impossible! " i don't have manteel or BRD ring to pull" WTF? Not saying a cor shouldn't help with pulling. that's fine indeed but to main pull? no thxx ill sleep adds or pull if i see the brd is trying to catch up with songs to keep the chain. But Full time Pulling no thxx. Even with fully merited QD you wont pull as fast as a BRD.. and im not buying a peacemaker.. it doesn't Tickle my DMG fantasy sorry :/

thank you, i had one merit pt that said" oh we need you to /rdm to "support heal" we had drg,brd,drk,sam,cor,rdm,(note rdm) and they want me to fricken support heal haha no i oculd see /rdm maybe w/ kris or joytoy and spam leaden salute but i didnt have that i just left cause seriously if u want a cor to /mage to support heal and u got a rdm and a brd(which subbed whm, i was puller) then sumthins wrong
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-12-07 20:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard should always pull! I play RDM in meripo for the simple reasons of Cors and their Corsair's roll! I go from a 23k/hr to a 35k/hr on birds.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2009-12-07 20:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ive plled 100+ chains on cor w/o a peacemaker, and i can easily do it it just imo brd should pull its not like their doing anything else except buffing, when someone makes cor pull and support heal in a merit pt technically we become generic brand brds and cor pulling is like shootin gil 2 me lol but i quickdraw pull:3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-18 07:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is proof that Bahamut is in the shitter.
 Bahamut.Shirayuki
By Bahamut.Shirayuki 2010-01-18 08:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
This thread is proof that Bahamut is in the shitter.

As Bahamut's official liaison, I would like to thank you for necro bumping this thread. If there was a thread in need of further investigation, this would be the one. We will be doing all that we can to ensure that you return to a brighter, better Bahamut.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-01-18 09:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fail
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10