Treasure Hunter ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Treasure hunter ?
Treasure hunter ?
 Asura.Ophiucus
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ophiucus
By Asura.Ophiucus 2011-10-21 17:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I know TH is put on a mob when a thf or /thf strikes the mob with a melee hit or such. But I been wondering for awhile, does it have to be a melee hit? Say can TH be put on a mob by whm/thf casting dia or something or would the whm have to wack it? >.>
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-10-21 17:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You can put TH on a mob via dia, yeah.

**edit** misread -_-
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-10-21 17:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Any action that would put the THF or /THF on the HAET LIST. It could even be a missed ranged attack.
By IceBreak 2011-10-21 17:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kerokun said: »
Any action that would put the THF or /THF on the HAET LIST. It could even be a missed ranged attack.

Well it has to be an action on the mob itself as well. You can't cure someone with hate and apply TH that way, even though you will be on the hate list.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-21 17:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Been wondering this exact question for a bit, ever since I been going as WHM/THF with my NIN friend in a lot of duo scenarios, thx!
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-10-21 17:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when BLU had more Abyssea proc spells, LSmates would always ask me to come out to proc !! on NMs they wanted to fight or were in the process of fighting. If they had no THF, I'd come /THF just for the bonus TH (TH2 + Atma of Dread since I was just there for the proc anyhow.)

From my (admittedly subjective) perspective, the TH really did matter, and was applied simply through casting offensive spells on the mob.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-10-21 18:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Missed RA's dont work. I found this out (missed RA) while pulling a doll in altepa (I have my TH gear worked into my macro when I pull). The mob pathed funny to me and ended up that I "couldn't see mob" so I didnt hit him at all when my macro TH gear went back to my tp gear...my first TH message was just my base TH 4 when I was expecting it to be TH 5 (i only had thf hands macro in and not using knife on dom ops)
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-10-21 18:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said: »

Missed RA's dont work. I found this out (missed RA) while pulling a doll in altepa (I have my TH gear worked into my macro when I pull). The mob pathed funny to me and ended up that I "couldn't see mob" so I didnt hit him at all when my macro TH gear went back to my tp gear...my first TH message was just my base TH 4 when I was expecting it to be TH 5 (i only had thf hands macro in and not using knife on dom ops)

Ha, I always knew it. Freonski always thought the THIV's missed ranged attack against Tiamat was planting TH, it's no wonder we had such a shitty Gaiter's rate. And the ones that did drop Gaiters, I made sure there was a physical action inflicted on her.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-10-21 18:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. Seemed like it was working all right in Dynamis that way. D: I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-21 18:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

While a test like this can show proof, one occurrence is subject to mistakes. Has there been any testing on that in a controlled environment?
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-10-21 18:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

While a test like this can show proof, one occurrence is subject to mistakes. Has there been any testing on that in a controlled environment?

I tried a few more times after that (purposely turning away from the mob) till my tp gear macro'd back in and it still gave me the same message...maybe about 3 more times...While not alot of testing..its was enuf for me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-21 18:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We've never had that happen. I'd do some more through testing but I'm no thf.
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-10-21 19:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting, all those missed drops

edit:

Tested it.

Pulled with TH5, missed ranged attack.
Equiped down to TH3, SA'd mob for proc up to TH6.

Pulled mob with whm with flash.
Missed range attack with TH5 on.
Equiped down to TH3, SA'd for a proc to TH6.

Did this a couple times over.
Checked if getting hit changed things.

Myth busted.
[+]
By LostMyName 2011-10-21 19:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a ranged pull equip TH macro. I've only seen errors in TH in extremely laggy situations where gear swapping is lagging behind the "miss" message. Misses on RA do count for planting TH as I miss most often and get a TH 6/7 message depending if I'm using the gimpy Thf knife.
 Asura.Ophiucus
Server: Asura
user: Ophiucus
By Asura.Ophiucus 2011-10-21 22:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, was the answer I was looking for. Also an aside out of curiosity. Say one were to farm as SMN/THF would TH be put on the mob just from using the assault command, the act of initiating a BP:rage command (note not the pet actually using the command), or would the smn have to do an action through themselves?

I would assume the assault command wouldn't work. However the BP:rage command has... kinks to it involving enmity coding, claiming, and such that may or may not allow it to work, though I'm leaning more towards the fact that it wouldn't work.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-21 22:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ophiucus said: »
Thanks, was the answer I was looking for. Also an aside out of curiosity. Say one were to farm as SMN/THF would TH be put on the mob just from using the assault command, the act of initiating a BP:rage command (note not the pet actually using the command), or would the smn have to do an action through themselves?

I would assume the assault command wouldn't work. However the BP:rage command has... kinks to it involving enmity coding, claiming, and such that may or may not allow it to work, though I'm leaning more towards the fact that it wouldn't work.

I'm going to make a wild guess based on what I know about SMN mechanics and say it won't work with assault or bps, and that the smn needs to whack it with a staff or lamiabane.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-21 23:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Be easy to test right? Go Thf/smn and do a similar test to above.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [217 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-05-26 04:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I question the validity of that missed ranged attack testing. I'm pretty sure I tested that when the TH adjustments came out and it was planting TH. You say you had TH gear macro'd into your RA. Was it only macro'd in for pre-shot, or mid-shot as well?

edit: necro-bumped due to another thread linking here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shirotori 2012-05-30 17:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said: »
You can put TH on a mob via dia, yeah.

**edit** misread -_-

What about diaga? As in thf/rdm or rdm/thf or w/e you feel like doing.
Large group of mobs...although why you'd be doing that aside from FC-ing is beyond me.
By douten 2012-06-05 10:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that would work out great for all these yagudo necklace I'll have to farm q.q