Redemption Or Caladbold?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Redemption or Caladbold?
Redemption or Caladbold?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Perrymason
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-10-17 12:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've finally decided on going for an empy on my DRK, and was wondering which one would be the better choice, for example what one has the better range on WS damage, which one would you chose, and so on.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By BorealisV2 2011-10-17 12:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caladbolg.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-10-17 12:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chloris or Carabosse? Hmm.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-17 12:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Vodkaa said: »
Do the gs first it's easy to do and you can make it in 2 days if you go hard enough at it.

This + it's better in most situations
 Asura.Perrymason
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-10-17 12:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, thanks for the responses.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-10-17 12:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

GS is stupidly easier. I could argue the difference between Scythe and GS is smaller than most agree, but that's pointless because any Redemption could have been a Verethragana instead. If you have the capability to run Chloris path twice you're more than capable of making this decision on your own.

Both are a gigantic pain in the *** to hitbuild.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-10-17 12:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Perrymason said: »
Well I've finally decided on going for an empy on my DRK, and was wondering which one would be the better choice, for example what one has the better range on WS damage, which one would you chose, and so on.

I have both. Make caladbolg, hands down. While redemption is nice for the high-defense voidwalkers, I find myself using calad 9 times out of 10. If you don't mind using red curry buns and/or making situational "high attack" sets, you'll make the window of redemption even smaller.

To put it in perspective: I use my redemption about twice as often as I use my twilight scythe. I do happen to use redemption a lot of times with a 5-hit build to chain darknesses with my set-mates twashtar but that is also situational (and more fun).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-10-17 12:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »

I'm contemplating going back to 7-hit on caladbolg. The numbers are waaaaay less exciting than I thought they would be.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2011-10-17 12:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend had Redemption90 and he hasn't been impressed with it at all. WS just plain sucks, only thing it saves it is 2k+ aftermath crits in abyssea (but GS has them too) and easiness of making x-hit (plus somewhat non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WSC properties). If things go well, he'll have Apoc next month, I doubt he'll touch Redemption then aside from emo town gear.
Make GS and spend ~70% of timesink (Glav/Ulhuadsi) you've potentially saved by making another empy.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-10-17 12:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zirael said: »
WS just plain sucks

gross over-exaggeration, unless you're comparing it to guillotine on level 60 squishy mobs.

easiness of making x-hit

Only thing harder is a zaghnal. 502 takes quite a bit of sacrifice.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-10-17 12:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both too, i always use Redemption on High Tier VWNMs except if i have to trigger with GS.
But if you can reach 1200 attack outside abyssea, go for Caladbolg.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-10-17 12:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend had Redemption90 and he hasn't been impressed with it at all. WS just plain sucks, only thing it saves it is 2k+ aftermath crits in abyssea (but GS has them too) and easiness of making x-hit (plus somewhat non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE WSC properties). If things go well, he'll have Apoc next month, I doubt he'll touch Redemption then aside from emo town gear.
Make GS and spend ~70% of timesink (Glav/Ulhuadsi) you've potentially saved by making another empy.

If you want epeen on redemption it's VV GC and apoc atmas, on Caladbolg it's MC GC and apoc. But you'll lose a lot of DPS by not using RR.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-18 15:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caladbolg all the way and don't look back.

The scythe is mediocure at best even on high def mobs in VW. I always feel bad for people that did Chloris and didn't do Vere.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-10-19 06:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Caladbolg all the way and don't look back.

The scythe is mediocure at best even on high def mobs in VW. I always feel bad for people that did Chloris and didn't do Vere.

Numbers, NMs?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-19 08:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
It's pretty easy if you ask me. 1 Torcleaver and 6 hits /SAM with the following build will net you exactly 100tp, and you can WS in whatever you want.

Thats a 7hit. The pain in the *** is making a 6hit. If you could 6hit with a decent build, GS would be a beast.
33stp. 11.0x1.33 = 14.6 x 6 = 87.6 + WS 12.6 = 100.2

@Detzu - You have one. Two of my very good friends have one. Its not horrible but its the worst Emp/Mythic/Relic a DRK can use. If ignore defense is doing you any good your on the wrong job. The last problem DRK has is attack. Most of your WSs will ignore 10% def....even in VW with Wing spam its 50%. But every DRK will be using temps as well, capping their attack (or close) and using far superior WSs.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-19 08:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
It's pretty easy if you ask me. 1 Torcleaver and 6 hits /SAM with the following build will net you exactly 100tp, and you can WS in whatever you want.

Thats a 7hit.

33stp. 11.0x1.33 =

That's what he said.
1ws + 6 hits :P
 Ragnarok.Lugat
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-19 10:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

last time i put the numbers in the difference between Torcleaver and Q are ......small.. like hardly apparent when used correctly. someging like 5-7 more DPS with GS tho because of delay/damage stuffs and howtorcleaver does "Win" over Q

just pick whatever you want but remember Guillotine is no chump either with capped attack and correct gear it can be above torcleaver but this doesnt put it above the base delay advantage Caladbolg has.

oh and ashman i could have told you the 6hit with caladbolg isnt what you think it will be lol
 Asura.Toxleh
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-10-19 10:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always preferred max hit build, I dont have cala but imo this would prolly be best. Assuming 6 store/3da on armadaberk

16.2% Tp gain helped by moonshade

Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-19 10:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toxleh said: »
I've always preferred max hit build, I dont have cala but imo this would prolly be best. Assuming 6 store/3da on armadaberk

that isnt a 6hit <.<
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-19 10:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

is a high acc set i use ish(dont have E body so i use lolhauby+1

ill make a quick 6hit in a sec and ninja edit it in

is a 6 hit need to keep body(5stp) rings brutal and ammo on for WS
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-10-19 10:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you just say 7hit instead? "1 torcleaver + 6 hits" gets a little confusing lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-19 10:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toxleh said: »

That build is still 1 Torcleaver +6 hits to 100tp, and you lost some attack, haste, and 2% DA compared to the above build with phasmida belt.
i said its a high acc build 6 hit is below it. edited it in as i said i would.
edit: i cant read .. D:
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-10-19 10:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Can you just say 7hit instead? "1 torcleaver + 6 hits" gets a little confusing lol
No because most of the "true" six hits you will see are still 6 hits to 100 tp including ws. The only time you gain a hit over the "7" hit build is when you start from 0 tp. So almost never.
hate that "true" ***
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-19 11:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonshade should never be Regain.

6swings+WS = a 7hit just call it that.
5swings+WS = 6hit etc etc
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-19 11:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No because most of the "true" six hits you will see are still 1 torcleaver and 6 normal hits to 100 tp. The only time you gain a hit over the "7" hit build is when you start from 0 tp. So almost never.

Edited for clarity.

What?
A "true" 6hit is ws + 5hits, or just 6 hits without a ws.
[+]
First Page 2 3