Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-10-18 15:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said: »
Drjones said: »
in before DRGs main-healing parties
drg burns have been around for a long time 3-5 drg/rdm, or drg/blu lvl 60+ once you get af helm and some form of refresh MAY be needed. thats how I got my drg to 75 back in the day and it was 30k xp/hr+from 60-75 so yeah not much came close to that without a powerlvl. I also main healed meripos on drg back in the day but it works best with at least 2.

I remember merit parties with 5 dragoons. I even remember one we had 6 with one of us /brd for ballad XD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-18 18:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Bismarck.Luces said: »
Drjones said: »
in before DRGs main-healing parties
drg burns have been around for a long time 3-5 drg/rdm, or drg/blu lvl 60+ once you get af helm and some form of refresh MAY be needed. thats how I got my drg to 75 back in the day and it was 30k xp/hr+from 60-75 so yeah not much came close to that without a powerlvl. I also main healed meripos on drg back in the day but it works best with at least 2.

I remember merit parties with 5 dragoons. I even remember one we had 6 with one of us /brd for ballad XD
Needs moar ethereal!
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-18 18:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more sanction refresh!
[+]
 Phoenix.Eiryn
Server: Phoenix
user: Eiryn
By Phoenix.Eiryn 2011-10-18 19:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
The only thing Drg needs, is an easier means to obtain Alexandrites for Ryunohige lol

This, this this this this and... well... THIS!
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-10-18 23:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How much easier can it get? You only need 3 people to enter.

Options: you get 3 friends to enter with you. If they do not want to go in with you, they can enter - force DC. You enter as the only person. They do not lose permit or tags.

You can solo -everything- in there.

Plenty of floors with substantial gears that can give a good deal of Alexandrite.

Not to mention that a DNC could potentially solo some of the easier bosses.

That aside, a small group of 3 is more than enough to clear absolutely everything in a Salvage run and walk out with a substantial amount of Alexandrite to either Split, or focus on a single weapon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-18 23:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said: »

Options: you get 3 friends to enter with you. If they do not want to go in with you, they can enter - force DC. You enter as the only person. They do not lose permit or tags.

Plenty of floors with substantial gears that can give a good deal of Alexandrite.

That aside, a small group of 3 is more than enough to clear absolutely everything in a Salvage run and walk out with a substantial amount of Alexandrite to either Split, or focus on a single weapon.

lol ok
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-10-18 23:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. drop rate of alex on single gears is abysmal without TH, and even then it sucks; /congrats you got 15 alexandrite?

boss purse drop rate is low as well, again even with TH.

a where's this substantial amount of alexandrite? in SRR, a good run is about 70 without boss purse; with regards to boss purse, see above.

that's not even 100 alex a day, and even @100/day, you're looking at almost 1 full year of daily salvage. easier said than done.

what salvage world do you live in? because i sure as hell want to come.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-10-18 23:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

50-70 a run is pretty much what I had in mind without a purse, when a purse drops it's happiness.

They already stated they were coming out with Nyzul II as well. So I'm sure that'll be a further simplified method of obtaining it. I don't consider simply investing into a weapon by doing runs alone.

You have to farm and buy your currency/alexandrites. If you do not have some type of monetary support for a weapon, then you're sadly pretty sol.

If they make it easy access for everyone, it'll be another Abyssea where everyone has an Empyrean. There has to be some effort and work involved when obtaining a weapon of that caliber.

Soon however, Salvage and Nyzul will get their adjustment as has everything else to better please the community.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-10-19 00:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

50-70 a run is pretty much what I had in mind without a purse, when a purse drops it's happiness.

They already stated they were coming out with Nyzul II as well. So I'm sure that'll be a further simplified method of obtaining it. I don't consider simply investing into a weapon by doing runs alone.

You have to farm and buy your currency/alexandrites. If you do not have some type of monetary support for a weapon, then you're sadly pretty sol.

If they make it easy access for everyone, it'll be another Abyssea where everyone has an Empyrean. There has to be some effort and work involved when obtaining a weapon of that caliber.

Soon however, Salvage and Nyzul will get their adjustment as has everything else to better please the community.

well actually you don't need to supplement a relic by buying currency. with regards to alexandrite though, there really isn't enough supply to supplement more than one person. and you don't know what the future will entail with regards to alexandrite, you're speculating. your perception of a mythic is still pretty skewed at the moment, especially for the current age.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-10-19 00:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a bit harsh. I simply think that it's attainable if you work for it.

It's one of the few things currently left in the game that takes time and dedication.

Sure, you don't have to buy currency for a relic, it'll take longer. A lot longer. If you're someone who has a way of making gil, and can generate, there's no reason why you shouldn't be buying currency or alexandrite.

In the end it comes down to Time > Worth to you > Your Goal.

You're right it's speculation. However, look at what they did to Currency for Dynamis. They said they were adjusting things gradually. It's ToAU's turn soon. Why not speculate that one of the adjustments will be the rate at which you can acquire alexandrite? If they don't, it'll simply be a post on the official forums eventually about how they should.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-19 00:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to understand opportunity costs. Time is a precious commodity, and a mythic is currently demanding way too much.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-19 00:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno about you, but in Bhaflau this past week, we're 5/8 on purses with no TH. Of course, it's not what we are spamming it for, so it's expected. :(
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-10-19 19:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul Isle 2?!
 Phoenix.Dragonfate
Server: Phoenix
user: robersua
By Phoenix.Dragonfate 2011-10-28 14:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

hell ya we get "Healing Breath IV" its about time ^^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-10-28 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kelyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2011-10-28 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What I really want...

What I would be happy with...

What I will end up having the time to get...
[+]