Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
There's a white Zetsu in all of us.
The number of sexually inherent nasty jokes about having a part of white zetsu inside all of us that your line suggested me is over 9000.

I shall stop here and focus on trying to erase them all from my mind >____>
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 11:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
They werent, Madara was on a 2 to 1 fight and lost to Hashirama.
I think I missed something here, when did they have a 2 to 1 fight? And what do you mean with that? D:

I think I recall them being the stronger clans in the ninja world of their time and after endless and usless wars finally agreed on teaming up to create Konohagakure.
Meaning Uchiha clan couldn't easily prevail over Senju and viceversa, which also leads me to think Madara couldn't easily prevail over Hashirama and viceversa.

Did I dream reading those lines? D:
In that case I blame Shiomi >.>'''

I know the Shodai's wife was close by... she would eventually become the Kyubi's host but I don't know how that would play into it. I think maybe the 2 vs 1 comes into play when the Shodai takes over the Kyubi and sicks it on Madara.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-20 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a white Zetsu in all of us.
The number of sexually inherent nasty jokes about having a part of white zetsu inside all of us that your line suggested me is over 9000.

I shall stop here and focus on trying to erase them all from my mind >____>
I...wouldn't do that with Zetsu...I wouldn't...
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-20 11:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... using his last remaining essence to use the power of life and creation of the Rikudo Rinne to give life back to SOME of the inhabitants would have been ok, but resurrecting almost everybody?
I think this was done intentionally to show the vast difference in eye abilities. If you didnt think his "pain" abilities marked its power, this would. Aftter all these eyes depict the Rekudo's power so it should go beyond limitations....thus not -some- but everybody.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
I mean Naruto beat Pain... isn't that enough reason to believe that Shodai could beat Madara?
But Nagato was a sissy playing tough but hiding flowers in everybody's cannons, who was paralyzed and had to resort to chakra sticks to extend the range at which he could control the Rinne Tensei and he was young and highly unexperienced!

Plus, last and the greatest of differences, Naruto is the PROTAGONIST of the manga, he's not supposed to lose in fights like that! This doesn't apply to neither Hashirama or Madara :P

I meaaaan! Hashirama was sealed together with Tobirama by that noob Hiruzen! Yeah of course that was the incomplete Edo Tensei used by orochimaru and so Hashirama's power was limited by the chakralevel of the body used to complete the Edo Tensei, but still!11!one!
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I think this was all planned. Talk no Jutsu has always been Naruto's best technique. He used it on Zabuza, Gaara just to name a few. It failed on Sasuke and has failed on a few others. However, Pain was in a spot where it was entirely possible for him to sway toward Naruto's side and use to rest of his life force to bring back the people he had killed.
I'd be fine with the Talk no Jutsu, that alone wouldn't have been a big issue.

I was more annoyed by the 7-dragon-sphere-resurrection no jutsu.
I mean... using his last remaining essence to use the power of life and creation of the Rikudo Rinne to give life back to SOME of the inhabitants would have been ok, but resurrecting almost everybody?
And showing people (Tenzo? And others?) rebuilding houses in 2 nanoseconds with wood technique?
I mean... that was a particularly honeyfilled and sappy, makwish ending that partially ruined the epic and dramatic scenario delineated by Pain's mega-shinra-tensei and the deaths before that.

Reverting PART of that tragedy would have been ok (it's still a shonen manga, not a seinen!), but making things as almost nothing happened really was... I dunno... lame.
I didn't like it at all :(

Well the thing here is that Yamato made one house, and it used ALL of his chakra. Yes EVERYONE that was killed was brought back, but it's possible with how powerful Pain was. That and we even say those people form the first Arc that built the bridge come and help build the village back. Besides, I think it's only fair that if there is someone powerful enough to blow up an entire village, he is strong enough to bring everyone back to life should he have the means to do so. But yeah its all kinda wishywashy and all but it's totally justified.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this was done intentionally to show the vast difference in eye abilities. If you didnt think his "pain" abilities marked its power, this would. Aftter all these eyes depict the Rekudo's power so it should go beyond limitations....thus not -some- but everybody.
Intentionally, not intentionally, I don't care.
I just found it a reaaaaally terrible choice for kids' manga that ruined all the epic dramaticity of the huge loss Konohagakure had to suffer in the previous chapters :(

Just my view/tastes on the thing of course.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-20 11:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I missed something here, when did they have a 2 to 1 fight? And what do you mean with that?
When Madara fought Hashi at the Valley of the End, he fought Hashi using the nine tails aswell. When Hashi defeats Madara, he takes control of the nine tails.

From there on he puts the nine tails into his wife Mito from the Uzumaki clan, and thus this is how the nine tails gets passed through the Uzumaki clan and ends up being transfered to Naruto's mother later on. When Naruto is born the fox is released and Tobi seeks it against the leaf, you know the details from there on.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

OHGOD! What if Itachi gets to Kabuto and is able to stop the Edo Tensei and the meteorite turns to dust.
*** forgot about Itachi... he could get there and lol at the meteorite while summoning susano-o.
I mean... Itachi almost has an EMS since he doesn't have to worry about getting blind now that he's an Edo Tensei xD

Would only make sense for him to confront the "real" Madara.
Also, I doubt he could make Kabuto stop. As far as we know the summoning lasts until the summoner recalls them, or until their souls are sealed with Totsukanotsurugi or Kuchiyose: Shinigami.

Altough I guess Itachi maybe could attempt to mind-control or something Kabuto with Tsukuyomi and indrectly "force" him to turn off the edo tensei?
Maybe...
If there's someone who can force Kabuto to do it that's him.
But it would be a pretty poor narrative solution to have all the edo tenseis suddely disappear, I think a lot of them still have a few things to say, like Dan for example, no? And Madara himself too of course.

Quote:
As for why Madara hates them? Maybe he doesn't hate them but they sure are attacking him aren't they? Naruto already made him force his hand twice with EMS and Rinn, so why wouldn't he blow them all up?
Didn't he attack them first with the mega katon spell?
But either way, I'm sure Madara could have pleeeeeeenty of reason to hate all the *** ninjas lol xD
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 11:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean Naruto beat Pain... isn't that enough reason to believe that Shodai could beat Madara?
But Nagato was a sissy playing tough but hiding flowers in everybody's cannons, who was paralyzed and had to resort to chakra sticks to extend the range at which he could control the Rinne Tensei and he was young and highly unexperienced!

Plus, last and the greatest of differences, Naruto is the PROTAGONIST of the manga, he's not supposed to lose in fights like that! This doesn't apply to neither Hashirama or Madara :P

I meaaaan! Hashirama was sealed together with Tobirama by that noob Hiruzen! Yeah of course that was the incomplete Edo Tensei used by orochimaru and so Hashirama's power was limited by the chakralevel of the body used to complete the Edo Tensei, but still!11!one!

That's a terrible example. and what I mean by Naruto being Nagato is the fact that the Kyubi played a big part in beating the Rinn. portion of Nagato. If Shodai took control of it and used it on a Rinn. Madara, it'd be very possible for him to win.

And Hiruzen was a better Hokage than Shodai. He might not have had all the flashy bells and whistles, but in history it was said that he was very much so more powerful, had more Jutsu, and had more vitality/chakra. The Hokage's were very much so beaten by the ones that seceded them. Tobirama came up with the Edo Tensei and beat life and death where his brother merely had control over great forms of life. And Hiruzen had mastered all of the Jutsu of the village and was even compared to a God of Ninjutsu, much like the Sage. And for Christ sake, what can you say about Yondaime? Tsunade is the only lame one... but she has her awesome ***too, she did save everyone who was still alive from the bomb that Pain did on Konoha.

Nor for the fight of 3rd vs 1st and 2nd... obviously they were very confined to their abilities. They only did what Orochimaru knew about them and they were confined to what they would do based off his reaction. Had it been maybe 3rd vs the 2nd or 3rd vs the 1st. I think the 3rd would have won. I have no idea how, but he could have done it. However if it was the 1st and 2nd vs 3rd it would have been a simple numbers game and he would have lost. I'm also talking about in his prime. He has the Hokage for a reason. O_O
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes EVERYONE that was killed was brought back, but it's possible with how powerful Pain was.
Just to make my point more clear.
I never said that it "doesn't make sense" or that Pain wasn't "powerful enough".
What happened IS possible, likely and coherent. Not denying that.
Just said that I personally found it an awful choice from a narrative point of view because it killed the epic tragedy atmosphere created by the previous paragraphs.
I would have accepted a small recovery, but not a total one.
It's different from saying that I thought it was impossible/incoherent.

Hope I clarified. I don't consider it a plothole or a "mistake" in the manga, just something I didn't like :D
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I missed something here, when did they have a 2 to 1 fight? And what do you mean with that?
When Madara fought Hashi at the Valley of the End, he fought Hashi using the nine tails aswell. When Hashi defeats Madara, he takes control of the nine tails.
Answering to you and to Shiomi, since you're saying the opposite.
You're saying Madara was 2 on 1, Shiomi was saying that Hashi reverted Kyubi against Madara.

I think what happened is different. I think since both were able to control the Kyubi (though through different means) it didn't really play a part on the fight, and yes, Hashi probably imbued it into his wife at the end of the fight.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 11:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

OHGOD! What if Itachi gets to Kabuto and is able to stop the Edo Tensei and the meteorite turns to dust.
*** forgot about Itachi... he could get there and lol at the meteorite while summoning susano-o.
I mean... Itachi almost has an EMS since he doesn't have to worry about getting blind now that he's an Edo Tensei xD

Would only make sense for him to confront the "real" Madara.
Also, I doubt he could make Kabuto stop. As far as we know the summoning lasts until the summoner recalls them, or until their souls are sealed with Totsukanotsurugi or Kuchiyose: Shinigami.

Altough I guess Itachi maybe could attempt to mind-control or something Kabuto with Tsukuyomi and indrectly "force" him to turn off the edo tensei?
Maybe...
If there's someone who can force Kabuto to do it that's him.
But it would be a pretty poor narrative solution to have all the edo tenseis suddely disappear, I think a lot of them still have a few things to say, like Dan for example, no? And Madara himself too of course.

Quote:
As for why Madara hates them? Maybe he doesn't hate them but they sure are attacking him aren't they? Naruto already made him force his hand twice with EMS and Rinn, so why wouldn't he blow them all up?
Didn't he attack them first with the mega katon spell?
But either way, I'm sure Madara could have pleeeeeeenty of reason to hate all the *** ninjas lol xD

As for the first part, Itachi only needs to get him and possibly kill Kabuto or simply mind control him and make him cancel the Jutsu. It would make sense for Itachi to stop Orochimaru once and for all.

As for the other part, Gaara attacks him first with the sand.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 11:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Answering to you and to Shiomi, since you're saying the opposite.
You're saying Madara was 2 on 1, Shiomi was saying that Hashi reverted Kyubi against Madara.

I think what happened is different. I think since both were able to control the Kyubi (though through different means) it didn't really play a part on the fight, and yes, Hashi probably imbued it into his wife at the end of the fight.

Nonono, Madara came guns blazing and had the 9tails go all out. However, Shodai released it from Madara mid fight and turned it on him.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He has the Hokage for a reason. O_O
And the reason was that Tobirama liked young kids, and Hiruzen was a young kid who liked to lick big, tough icecreams >_____>

Pedo-rama!!! That's the reason!

(j/k of course :p)
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 11:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes EVERYONE that was killed was brought back, but it's possible with how powerful Pain was.
Just to make my point more clear.
I never said that it "doesn't make sense" or that Pain wasn't "powerful enough".
What happened IS possible, likely and coherent. Not denying that.
Just said that I personally found it an awful choice from a narrative point of view because it killed the epic tragedy atmosphere created by the previous paragraphs.
I would have accepted a small recovery, but not a total one.
It's different from saying that I thought it was impossible/incoherent.

Hope I clarified. I don't consider it a plothole or a "mistake" in the manga, just something I didn't like :D

We had gotten almost 2 moments sooner. Jiraiya died and we found out Itachi was a good guy (Something I actually figured all along.) While everyone returned alive, the village is far from being rebuilt. Lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 11:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nonono, Madara came guns blazing and had the 9tails go all out. However, Shodai released it from Madara mid fight and turned it on him.

I remember that and I remember a color-page with mad Madara attacking Hashi togeter with Kyubi.
Hashi sure released the Kyubi, but then again couldn't Madara have got control over it again?
And Hashi released it again? And Madara controlled it again? And Hashi released it again?
etc etc

Sounds to me it wasn't a very crucial part of their fight given these premises.
Or am I forgetting something aside from that awesome coloured double page?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-20 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Madara will kill everyone with this jutsu. Then someone will revive them back and Kishimoto will call it a day.

IT COULD HAPPEN!
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 11:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember that and I remember a color-page with mad Madara attacking Hashi togeter with Kyubi.
Hashi sure released the Kyubi, but then again couldn't Madara have got control over it again?
And Hashi released it again? And Madara controlled it again? And Hashi released it again?
etc etc

Sounds to me it wasn't a very crucial part of their fight given these premises.
Or am I forgetting something aside from that awesome coloured double page?

It's kinda like how after having it removed by Yondaime, he couldn't re control it. I think it's a Genjutsu placed on the Kyubi that can't be done all willy nilly. But, Shodai was controlling the very essence of the Kyubi. He was controlling it's chakra, limiting it, letting it explode, and directing it toward something. I think Madara simply said, "Kill that guy." and the Kyubi went at it. This, Shodai's control is much more refined than Madara's. His is more so suggesting a target for the Kyubi and it going after it. Once that was done he'd simply put it in a sleep and re summon it when he wanted later.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 12:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Madara will kill everyone with this jutsu. Then someone will revive them back and Kishimoto will call it a day.

IT COULD HAPPEN!

It's possible. Maybe everyone there dies. That's some big names. Temari... Gaara.... the Tsuchikage... ... ... is that it? Meh, I could see it happen.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 12:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

IT COULD HAPPEN!
LULZ

xD
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 12:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda like how after having it removed by Yondaime, he couldn't re control it. I think it's a Genjutsu placed on the Kyubi that can't be done all willy nilly. But, Shodai was controlling the very essence of the Kyubi. He was controlling it's chakra, limiting it, letting it explode, and directing it toward something. I think Madara simply said, "Kill that guy." and the Kyubi went at it. This, Shodai's control is much more refined than Madara's. His is more so suggesting a target for the Kyubi and it going after it. Once that was done he'd simply put it in a sleep and re summon it when he wanted later.
Hmm hmm
Forgot that part with Minato.

Yeah, makes sense put this way.
So they were actually 1 vs 2 then :P Not 2 vs 1
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-20 12:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant but help think reviving Madara was always part of the plan. As he states "so finally its happened" and indicating that Nagato was to learn to revive him. As well as him stating "things arent going according to plan very well" as in he was summoned differently than what was discussed aswell as confirming whom he believes was to be responsible for it(ie Tobi).

Whether Tobi wanted Kabuto to revive Madara at some point remains to be answered. Although in my opinion it would benefit Tobi as he now knows he can control Madara with the impure jetsu, provided he can control Kabuto(probably why he wanted to know how it worked).
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 12:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think your first half is correct. Idk about the second half;.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 12:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

As well as him stating "things arent going according to plan very well"
I've been arguing with myself and friends wether he, with that sentence, was talking about himself being revived differently from planned, or as Tobi's plan not going as planned (Tobi definitely didn't plan to use Kabuto and the Edo-tensei guys. Wonder what he was thinking to do without Kabuto tbh...)
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd start reading from right here--

http://www.mangareader.net/93-458-17/naruto/chapter-453.html

You'll see that Nagato was supposed to use Rinne Tensei on "Tobi." As you see he says on me, not on Madara. When Madara comes back from the coffin he says that "That brat Nagato managed to grow." I'm assuming that putting Nagato in the world must have been a plan of his to eventually revive himself back into it, and it's something Tobi did either because he is Madara and that was his plan, or he told Tobi and Tobi carried it out.

I'm pretty sure it's not Madara's brother. I'm pretty sure he is dead. It was said in a databook that he is dead.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-10-20 13:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The databook thing still doesn't convince me, but the part where he was planning on Nagato to somehow revives him... opens up new doors of mystery and yes, kinda leads me away from the possibility of Tobi being Mr. Fatty Lips I mean... Izuna.

I remember that chapter now. Altough that sentence is still partially ambiguous.
"use it for me" as in use it ON me? On Tobi? On Madara's dead body? Or rather use it to suit my needs, i.e. use it for whatever I tell him to?

I doubt he would have been able to directly resurrect Madara though, doesn't Nagato say that the technique he uses to revive the Konohagaure people can be used only for people who have been killed not long enough or something like that? I don't remember exactely but I think he says something like that, no?

Still... maybe there are other uses to the technique, or other techniques Nagato didn't show to us.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-20 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd start reading from right here-- http://www.mangareader.net/93-458-17/naruto/chapter-453.html You'll see that Nagato was supposed to use Rinne Tensei on "Tobi." As you see he says on me, not on Madara. When Madara comes back from the coffin he says that "That brat Nagato managed to grow." I'm assuming that putting Nagato in the world must have been a plan of his to eventually revive himself back into it, and it's something Tobi did either because he is Madara and that was his plan, or he told Tobi and Tobi carried it out. I'm pretty sure it's not Madara's brother. I'm pretty sure he is dead. It was said in a databook that he is dead.
Thats just careful wording on the Authors part. Had he said Madara, the readers would have known Tobi is not Madara before the twist was revealed.

While reading "for me" could have simply ment "for my purpose" which was to revive Madara.

Data book could just be what history is "suppose" to be from the authors perspective of what the history records "should" say, but who knows really.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-10-20 13:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn this discussion while I'm playing Leegz! D:
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-20 13:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah there is always a possibility of error in translation. Kinda like when he first revealed himself to be the leader he said, "My power, the power of Uchiha Madara."

It doesn't change the fact that he planned on Nagato using the power to revive the dead for his needs, be it on himself, Madara, who knows. I been meaning to get the literal translation of that chapter at the book store for a while and i have a few hundred bucks to spend, guess I'll pick it up here today.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 51 52 53